The Neverending Story of Nuggets: Take 12 :D (UPDATED: 7/06)

DisneycrazedX6

Mouseketeer
Once upon a time, in a far away land called Nuggetville, lived the family of nuggets: Sir Nug, Lady Nug, Lil Nug, Big Nug, Pablo Nug, OdderBrodder Nug, and Head Nug. Together we made up the Seven Piece McNugget.

Okay, seriously though... We just like to call each other nugs, can't even tell you why. But I suppose it got you to read this thread, so we win??

So, who exactly are these nuggets we speak of?

NuggetFamilyOne.jpg

Head Nug= Jessica: the one in the green bandana (quick bio: lover of all things peter pan and thor, fluent in british &southern accents, super sassy, and inventor of the nugget trend)

Sir Nug= John: old man, top right (quick bio: hated by Lady Nug, horrible at joke telling, though he thinks he's hilarious, and dark chocolate peanut M&M obsessed)

Lady Nug= Sheryl: wearing jimminy crickett (quick bio: hater of all things Nugget, so she really doesn't get a say in anything)

Lil Nug= Kim: the littlest one (quick bio: president of the belieber fan club. lives &breathes sports)

Big Nug= Julia: the other girl in the photo (quick bio: indecisive x 347928340932, but is enjoyable most of the time.)

Pablo Nug= Brady: the one in the purple bandana (quick bio: though, he's actually our brother, out of everyone in the photo people say he's the one that doesn't belong. oh &he hates all of us)

OdderBrodder Nug= Mike: the blonde one (quick bio: the one that actually doesn't belong; Pablo Nug's bestest friend)

Is that all the nugs? Lol, lets get down to business now. We leave for Disney tomorrow at approximately 5 a.m., cranky and disheveled (SAT word, bonus points). We drive. Crazy? We know it, but this trip happens to be a first since we're stopping at colleges along the way for myself, Head Nug, who's heading off to big girl school in a little over a year (hopefully anways..) We don't officially arrive until Tuesday, June 26th. We'll check back in with dining and party plans when Lady Nug stops protesting and gets her butt on the computer.

See y'all real soon.. that is, if anyone's reading this... BYE MY LITTLE NUGS!

P.S. I'm thinking of writing my college essay on nuggets, what do you think?

We left at 6:30, Friday morning and arrived at Washington D.C. around 4:00. It was a sad morning because we had to say goodbye to our babies!
My Charlie:
DSC03110-1.jpg

My little lion, Simba:
DSC03112-1.jpg

My fat cat, Angel!:
DSC03114-1.jpg

and finally my little Shadow:
DSC03113-2.jpg

(There's also a hampster named Remy, but no pictures of him!)

It was a long ride, but it didn't seem too bad. The kids watched Boy Meets World for a while, and slept. For Jessica, it was mostly slept. We only stopped a few times for food and bathroom breaks. Lucky for us, we were able to find a Cinnabon! Yes! Traffic wasn't bad at all, and we made pretty good time. Speaking of time, we're heading out to the national mall in Washington right now, so we'll check back in later! More pictures and details on actually Disney to come, I promise! Seee ya later!

YES...we are very slow doing these reports. My plan for Disney is to do a LIVE trip report so you can ask questions and I can get answers. Hopefully we will figure out how to do this faster so you can all enjoy! This is our usual summer trip to Disney but instead of 14 days we are limited to 10 because we decided to do a College Road Trip on the way. Here are some stops along the way.......Saturday we were in Washington.....

DSC03205.jpg

This was almost our last stop of the day. I wanted to see where Gump and Jenny ran to each other but much to my surprise there was NO water in the reflecting pool. :confused3

DSC03191.jpg

Silly us thought we were allowed to go into the reflecting pool since everyone else was doing it. We walked all the way across safely and then saw the police yelling to everyone to GET OUT!!

DSC03175.jpg

Had to see Rexy from Night at the Museum but could not find Robin Williams or Owen Wilson

DSC03173.jpg

Just a cute photo

DSC03172.jpg

and once again, different daughter

DSC03169.jpg

This is our Future President: Jessica Balerna, remember her name!

DSC03165.jpg

Jessica's future place of business before the Presidency

DSC03163.jpg

So, we saw this car from Massachusetts and thought maybe they would read our post and reply...Look familiar anyone????

DSC03181.jpg

Dumm Dumm Give me Gumm Gumm, Dumm Dumm....LOVE this movie!!

DSC03208-1.jpg

An awful lot of stairs to get to this point, but it really was quite amazing!
DSC03153-1.jpg

We could not get a tour but was so impressed from where I stood anyways

DSC03135.jpg

So....this was supposed to be our College Road Trip....Jess visited Georgetown, GWU and American. I think American was her favorite

It was a great experience to go to Washington and I recommend that you visit if given the chance! It is a lot of walking but you do see some really great things. The museums are all free, and there are a lot of carts in the street if you need a snack. The only things that really cost us money was the taxi ride back to the hotel and when we used a bike transportation thing. The poor man had to bike the 5 of us from the capital building all the way to the Lincoln Memorial...long ride!!! Sunday highlights coming up soon!

Once upon a time, in a far away land called Nuggetville, lived the family of nuggets: Sir Nug, Lady Nug, Lil Nug, Big Nug, Pablo Nug, OdderBrodder Nug, and Head Nug. Together we made up the Seven Piece McNugget.

That sentence right there made me join in.

I can't wait to hear about the trip featuring the Seven Piece McNugget! :rotfl:

Hello nugs, I know you all well. wishing we were there with you but alas we must wait til August. I found myself singing "one of these things is not like the other" but I was singing about the blonde. Have fun and POST AWAY!!

Hey There :) I was in DC on Saturday too...I live about 10 mins away and went to the National Gallery. Wow, I couldn't believe you were IN the reflecting pool...yeah that's not Kosher lol. I have a few friends who went to American...they really liked it. Looking forward to the rest of your report. :) -Amanda

Alright people, Head Nug is back, and I would just like to personally apologize for the lack of nugget-ness these last few posts. My family is full of slackers who simply need to get on board or stop breathing my air, honestly. But real talk right now, here’s what’s going on:
So, today was the final day of my College Road Trip. I’ve seen some really beautiful colleges these past few days and some that were just disgusting to look at and should really quit while they’re in last place.
After Washington, we stopped in Virginia so Big Nug could see Quantico. Of all things to be obsessed with, she chooses Criminal Minds as her television series of choice. I mean, I too thoroughly enjoy watching a bunch of innocent victims get murdered in creepy and beyond disturbing ways. Oh wait…

DSC03223.jpg

Next, we stopped in North Carolina to take a quick look at Duke and UNC –Chapel Hill.
DUKE:
pros –nice academic and athletic programs, lots of money for financial aid, and beautiful buildings
cons –HUGE, like I’d need a horse to get me around campus since they don’t allow cars and my legs would actually fall off if I had to ride a bike and/or walk.
Survey Says? No go for Duke.
UNC—CHAPEL HILL:
pros –again, nice academic and athletic programs, lots of money, smaller campus (when compared to Duke), and more easily accessible.
cons –still a little too big.
Survey Says? Maybe, but unlikely.
South Carolina was next, and here I was quite surprised. I’d never heard of Furman University, but it came up on my college search and I loved the photos, so we came for a visit.

DSC03227-1.jpg

FURMAN:
pros –absolutely, stunningly beautiful campus, big environmental program with its own energy village, small campus size, and all around very peaceful.
cons –academically, the school leaves a little to be desired.
Survey Says? Applying for sure as my safety school of the South!

Oh, and there was also a bride and groom taking wedding pictures there which was the cutest thing ever! :

DSC03233.jpg

Finally, we hit Georgia for the final two colleges of the tour: Emory and Mercer Universities.
EMORY:
pros –premier academic program, brand new everything, beautiful stone buildings, TONS of money for financial aid (the place’s main benefactor? Freaking Coca Cola; doesn’t get better than that), and great research facilities. OH! &the dorms are HUGE!
cons –no beautiful nature paths that I loved so much about Furman
Survey Says? Applying.

DSC03237.jpg

MERCER:
pros –nice weather, enclosed campus, location’s good.
cons –lacking in the academic department and funding.
Survey Says? No thank you.

So, there you have it: the end of my probably boring college road trip, and the beginning of the wonderfully magical Disney vacation that is to come starting tomorrow! Check back in if you so choose, and go eat a Happy Meal full of McNugs:-)
Head Nug is OUT.

Love the trip report so far Jess but I don't get all this talk about nuggets. It just makes me hungry. Keep up the good work!!! Love ya :)

Quick bit on day 4 because we didn't do much: So, day four and finally in DISNEY WORLD! Actually, we arrived a whole day ahead of schedule and called for reservations at the All Star while driving up the street to the entrance.

DSC03241.jpg

Yeap, that’s the second most beautiful archway in the whole world, the first one being McDonald’s of course! (Joking, I don’t want you guys picturing us as fast food fanatics or anything, even if all we ate the whole ride down was fast food…)
Anyway, We got a fantastic room overlooking the Touchdown field. At this point we were hungry nugs, desperate for anything but fast food. Food Court Food is always welcome and we finally had something besides Nuggets.

DSC03242.jpg

Can't you see the excitement??

DSC03243.jpg

only food picture we got, dunno why. It was salmon for those who are wondering. I know Lil Nug and Big Nug shared baked chicken with mashed potatoes, corn, and a roll, and I got chicken quesadillas. YUMMY FOOD.
Then, As Nugs, we decided to go for a swim….Yah, not happening!!! The pool was WAY too Cold except for Little Nug and Sir Nug who happily dove right in. That was the end to that night..nothing fantastic but at least we got there!!
Here we are on Day 5 already, but actually our first Full Day 1. SO, Lady Nug gets up at 7 am because she can’t wait to have her Mickey Waffles. This Nug hasn’t eaten anything but crackers for 4 days so let’s see how this actually goes!!!

DSC03244.jpg

SO GOOD!

Then, we decided to check out the gift shop and arcade and play some 4 man air hockey….Yes 4 Man Air Hockey…you heard me right…160 points to play but oh so much fun!! Time to check out of All Star and head to our favorite home KIDANI VILLAGE

kidani.jpg

Fifth floor partial savannah partial pool view..oh yeah…psyche!! Just a studio this trip, but we will fit just fine!

savannahview.jpg

Now everyone is hungry for lunch so we head out to ESPN club but on the way Lady Nug saw a sign and thought “Hey lets check out Art of Animation “ instead. OH MY GOD…what a COOL resort. Only Cars and Nemo is open but CHA CHING…..I am in Love!! Disney really outdid itself this time people.

DSC03279.jpg

DSC03274.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0228.jpg

DSC03245.jpg

DSC03246.jpg

100_0219.jpg

100_0216.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

Now let me tell you, there is a gate up around the pool to keep Nugs like us out. Sorry folks, you gotta pay if you want to play.
Now the food is a bit different, not for the Plain Jane kinda person. No Nugs (like legit chicken nuggets) at this resort so I don’t think we will ever be able to stay. They do have some yummy desserts though, mini cupcakes, cheesecake and brownies…Oh My!

So between rainstorms we ran to the busiest Wal-Mart ever and grabbed some important items like snacks, water and stuff. We took a quick swim, well mostly Lil Nug and Sir Nug because I thought the water was freezing. Done with that, all showered and ready to go, we head over to All Star Movies to meet the other Nug’s coming in from Magical Express. They didn’t want to do the College Road Trip so took Delta instead. Well, we waited and waited and then got hungry for Food Court Yummies. Tables in Wonderland is great if you are staying at the Value Resorts, saves you tons of money! They finally get there and are NOT hungry. They check into their Preferred Room which ends up being in Toy Story facing the woods…..AH…did I miss something…PREFERRED VIEW??? Lady Nug was NOT happy and if it was her room would definitely be doing something about it, but Pablo Nug didn’t really care. While we waited for them to head to the Magic Kingdom we decided to partake in ALL STAR FESTIVITIES-DISNEY TRIVIA DID YOU SAY??….WE ARE IN!! Team Nug was ready to answer famous quotations from movies. Off to a great start but we were neck and neck at one time…The Timothy Mouse answer put us to the finish line first!!! Success and a new BOGGLE game to boot!!
Time for the Magic Kingdom..FINALLY…The show on the castle finally changed from the last time we saw it in December. I don’t know if I like it more or less just yet, will check back with you. Wishes was beautiful as always but they are doing construction on the Main Street Bakery which blocks your view a bit from back towards the entrance. SO…Very Excited to see the new Toontown and off we go…….WOW….Dumbo is awesome and very quiet at this hour. I will report during the day as to the crowds but it is very pretty at night. Barnstormer was quiet also, same ride with different scenery. The new Play Spot will get you soaked, bring a change of clothes for the little ones. Spin on the T-Cups, Carousel, and then Lady Nug, Sir Nug, and Lil’ Nug left for the night, but no worries the other Nugs stuck around for some late night fun! Open til 12, so Head Nug, Big Nug, OdderBrodder Nug, and Pablo Nug hit up the Haunted Mansion (actually open this time, shocker), Pirates, and then stopped for Dole Whip before heading out. While waiting, Head Nug and Big Nug were sitting across the way and some random girl walked by and started SCREAMING like out of her mind, so obviously they jumped up and started freaking out too! They turned around just in time to see a HUGE RAT scurry up the rock wall and into the bushes, like WHAT? Horrifying! So, that was the night! See you soon, nuggggies!

Wow! A whole day ahead of schedule! That’s great!

Art of Animation looks like an amazing resort. I can’t wait to stay there!

Sounds like you had a great time at the Magic Kingdom!

Woopee, Head Nug here! Extremely tired but satisfied; very good day at E.P.C.O.T! We got to sleep in for once in our lives because Lady Nug had to do some laudry. Lil Nug, Big Nug, and I took our sweet old time getting out of bed, and were served a lovely breakfast of French Toast –yeah, we brought the griddle &then stole some syrup from downstairs. Solid. We still had some time to kill, so we headed down to Community Hall to play pool and do some crafts. Thor picture frame anyone? Mine’s flawless for only 2 dollars! Goodtimes.
It’s around 12 now, and time to start the day.Lunchtime!!! We headed over to the boardwalk bakery and got some goodies. I got a turkey sandwich which is always good! Big Nug and Lil Nug each got a slice of pizza from one of the places along the strip...survey says: Very good! Oh and dessert of course: 2 brownies from the boardwalk bakery: heavenly!! Try em, forreals.

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

“Welcome Home Wednesday” at the boardwalk dance club with “Cousin Jen” and “Cousin Tim”, yeah those things are a little bit strange, but I suppose they do make you feel like family…? Got to witness some fun games at least! “To the left, Frank.. the left! FRANK, I SAID TO THE LEFT” poor 80+ year old, blindfolded Frank did not want to put anymore groceries into the ugly purple Owner’s Locker anymore, but the audience, including me, still got a kick out of it! At least the entire show wasn’t about Aulani this time; I’m never going to go to Hawaii, okay? Stop bragging about how awesome the new resort is!

Anyways, after that, off to E.P.C.O.T, finally! Lady Nug went off to watch whatever long-haired punk rock singers she could find.

DSC03304.jpg

Can I just say, I am glad I never knew my mom as a teenager. #wildchild. But whatever, if it makes her happy… Meanwhile, Lil Nug, Big Nug, Sir Nug, and I went off to play the new Perry the Platypus game! It was cute for the first thirty seconds.. Honestly, I think I liked the Kim Possible version better.. This one has WAY too much talking and only one bad guy. We did two &I was beyond bored.

DSC03290.jpg

But, then we went through the BRAVE playground and games section right where the World Showcase begins and that was REALLY impressive. I loved it! I got to shoot arrows, and shoot bean bags in to buckets, and throw logs. We got lucky and showed up when there was almost no line, but the girl at the gate said it was usually a very long wait to play. Either way, I had fun! &the playground was really cool too! There was this fun spinny thing that even I enjoyed, even though I’m 17 and it’s for 12 and under, woops… Too bad it’s only around until July 8th, but maybe they’ll do the same for the next new Disney movie?

Uhm, by then it was Soarin’ time and then dinner at the land. I got some darn good sweet and sour chicken and noodles there. YUM. Big Nug got chicken caesar salad, yum…, and Lil Nug got a baked chicken and mashed potatoes, yum! Boat Ride and Circle of Life movie, all much of the same. And alas time for Illuminations. Couldn’t find a spot because we weren’t lined up 45 minutes ahead of time, but we stood behind the tallest people in America and sucked it up. The music is all I really care about anyways! My tip for the night: get there early and check the wind direction beforehand –LOTS OF SMOKE IN FACE IF YOU’RE IN THE DIRECTION OF THE WIND. Alright, night Nugs! Love you all!

Randoms of the day:

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03292.jpg

Julia cooking with Julia..hey isn't that a movie...? Julie and Julia, Julia and Julia...close enough...

DSC03295.jpg

BEST SHOW EVER. For those of you who have seen it..it's rubbish(;

Lady Nug here to update you on our Disney Hollywood Studio Day!

DSC03313.jpg

We made it to the park about 10:15 today. Our goal was to do some shows and get Little Nug to ride Rock-n-rollercoaster. Only half we succeeded at.
Beauty and the Beast was first on the agenda, caught it right on time and got some great seats. Always a fabulous show; Head Nug loves the opening number.
There goes that girl again, she's strange but special --a most peculiar mademoiselle!

DSC03310.jpg

Off to Rock N Rollercoaster where we spent 15 or so minutes trying to convince Lil Nug it was NOT scary. Now I have never been but felt daring enough to try myself. Some tears, some yelling, and finally the back of Head Nug as she stormed off.…so NO to Rock n Rollercoaster yet again.

DSC03311.jpg

How bout some adventure instead??? Off to Indiana Jones we go….Again, just in time and some PRIME seats right up front. Head Nug attempted to volunteer (though she falls a few months short of the age requirement, shh), but apparently they only accept people wearing peach shirts, so awkk.

DSC03314.jpg

Gotta love the “plant” they put in the audience…some people “get it” others just scratch their heads. (**SPOILER ALERT: Yeah I'm talking about the stunt man they place in the crowd as an extra! **)

Now off to my favorite ride of them all…..TOY STORY MANIA….. Family of 5 so dad rides alone. I could do this all day and still never get a better score or increase my accuracy. 34% with 137,000 points or so….Nothing to brag about but enough to beat my family!!

DSC03321.jpg

Ahhhhhh…Walt Himself. Does anyone else tear up at the movie about his life? He seemed to be an incredible man with huge vision. Hope to meet him OVER THERE someday. No one ever really takes the time to visit One Man's Dream, but it really is a great place to learn about the creation of Disney. The new fantasyland layout is inside towards the end with some models of the new rides including The Little Mermaid's one! I really hope they make a character meal with BELLE and BEAST, or do you think that would freak some of the younger kids out??

DSC03328.jpg

LUNCH TIME: Finally we meet up with Pablo Nug and Odderbrodder Nug for a Sci Fi Adventure. We get a spiffy car in a great location and start with Milkshakes and Onion Rings.

Burgers for myself, Sir Nug and Little Nug. Pablo Nug gets a Reuben which looks good, Big Nug gets a salad with chicken which technically is NOT on the menu and Odderbrodder Nug gets this beauty…..

DSC03334.jpg

...a Picnic Burger with 2 hot dogs atop of a burger and all the messy fix-ins! YUM YUM!!

Full and Fat we decide to call it a day….Catch the High School Musical Act and head to the front of the park. Oh but what is this???? They are going to do a FLASH MOB before the parade….Well we can’t pass this up! We learn the moves and wait for our cue….

DSC03336.jpg

Big Nug and I just cant seem to put it all together until the end so I am glad this isn’t on tape. Watched the parade and headed out!

So as DVC Members we took advantage of our POOL HOPPING and headed to Boardwalk for a quick swim. Very relaxing and refreshing afternoon. Grabbed a sour apple freeze and walked back to the park for 7:00 Idol and late Fantasmic.

Five Contestants and only 1 would be eligible to try-out, so I already have an idea of who is getting my vote. No one was fantastic but there was this cutie from Massachusetts that took all our votes and maybe a Friend Request or two?????

DSC03335.jpg

Toy Story Mania again with the boys this time…This time Brady beat with with 170,000 or something

DSC03338.jpg

Chix Nugs at Rosies and was going to try for early Fantasmic but no luck. 8:30 was standing room only so we headed over to watch MULCH SWEAT AND SHEARSSSSSSSS….
Little Nug had been dying to draw all day so that is what we did…..Jiminy Cricket today, a first for all of us…

DSC03340.jpg

Finally time for Fantasmic……Head Nug, Pablo Nug and Odderbrodder Nug did RRNC and ToT while we drew and we all met up in line. Gotta love the late show cause you can have your pick of seats. We chose center stage right down front, boy were we excited!! Well, no one checked to see which direction the wind was going and by the end of the show we were SOAKED!!! I mean Splash Mountain Wet!!! It was a wonderful end to our VERY FULL day.

OH by the WAY….Head Nug left her sneakers at the Pool…..will we ever see them again???…stay tuned to find out…..

**SIDE NOTE FROM HEAD NUG: seriously people, try not to lose anything in Disney ever because after calling and calling and asking every cast member I could find, I've come to the conclusion that the Lost & Found guy does NOT EXIST! I REPEAT THERE IS NO LOST & FOUND! I have tried and tried, and nothing. But the guy at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge sounded like he may have been making some progress with the Boardwalk people, so I guess we'll see what happens there. Pray for me! I MISS MY SNEAKERS!

One Mans Dream...a Migre and Ryan favorite. Yes I too always cry at the movie. but I cry at all disney stuff.

Hope U get those sneaks back! Kinda reminiscent of the fanny pack incident of yesteryear. Stay away from those flash mobs, so A-nnoying!!! Glad you're all having fun...Where's Mickey?

Hello All! Head Nug here for some Trip Report fun! Pool hopping at Coronado Springs and playing with the animals at Animal Kingdom. Sounds like a good day to me!
So, late morning again. We didn’t get up until around 9:30 a.m., ate some breakfast at the room (frozen waffles and bagels, anyone?), and headed off to Coronado Springs. Never having stayed here before, we had no idea what to expect, but we were definitely pleasantly surprised. A huge resort (yes, that means a lot of walking), but VERY nice pool area, counter service dining area, and all around very beautiful.

DSC03355-1.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

The pool was HUGE equipped with a slightly greater than mediocre waterslide. It had this whole Mayan theme going on, some totem poles and pyramids, very cool.

DSC03344-1.jpg

DSC03349-1.jpg

DSC03350-1.jpg

There was a food place right by the pool—salads, sandwiches, nugs (of course), burgers, and more –restrooms with showers, and a beach volleyball court with a ball right there for you (which I took advantage of).

DSC03347-1.jpg

Even Sir Nug and Lady Nug had some fun in the pool!

DSC03353-1.jpg

&Of course, it can’t be a complete trip without Lil Nug, Big Nug, and myself getting attacked by some random nugs we don’t know. This year, we were playing with a beach ball when this seemingly innocent little girl (wearing a life jacket, she was that little) came over and asked to play. She was cute for the first few minutes, but then all the sudden she started jumping on our backs, latching on, and biting us! Granted, it didn’t really hurt, but AH! Haha, we had to have her sister pry her off of us while we ran away. Luckily, we were on our way out within the next few minutes anyways. Wish I had some pictures of this, but not so much.
Alright, 3:00 p.m. and finally time to hit the Animal Kingdom. Yeah, it takes 4+ hours to pry Lil Nug from the pool. By that time we were all swimmed out. We dried off, showered, and drove over to AK.

DSC03362.jpg

What to do first.. Not in the mood to get re-soaked, we skipped Kali River Rapids. How about doing some shows? 5:00 showing of Finding Nemo: the Musical? Let’s do it!

DSC03357.jpg

Great show, really! The music is awesome, and the characters are hilarious. &Of course, there are some nice life lessons in there: Just go with the Flo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w!, Just keep swimming!, You’re never going to really know, but if they’re ever going to grow, you just got to let them go!
A little time to spare before the 6:30 showing of The Festival of the Lion King and we’re in DinoLand. What do we do? Hit up Primeval Hurl, I mean Whirl! Always a good time!

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

Finally time for The Festival of the Lion King, so here we go. Forever will be the best show in Disney World.

DSC03363.jpg

Usually a Lion, we sat in the Warthog section for a different perspective. It was definitely a little more centered, but with less people, our Warthog noises had to be stepped up. (Lady Nug, the queen of snorting, took the lead on that one, haha) Awesome show!
Alas, just about closing time, so we head off to one of the final safari rides around 7:15- 7:20. But wait, are those cupcakes? Gotta have ‘em.

DSC03367.jpg

Mmm, so good, but back to the safari! I seriously suggest going to a later safari at least once. All the animals were out and about knowing it was almost feeding time. Even Simba, the laziest lion ever, was up pacing: the first time we’ve seen him on his feet in our 12+ years of going to Disney!

DSC03368.jpg

DSC03370-1.jpg

DSC03371-1.jpg

DSC03372-1.jpg

DSC03377-1.jpg

DSC03379-1.jpg

DSC03381-1.jpg

Time to head out, but we take our time looking around. See you again soon Animal Kingdom!

DSC03382-1.jpg

Ohheythere, my little Nugs! How are we all? Day Eight, and what is on the agenda? Drumroll, please. Duh,duh,duh,duh… BOMA, Magic Kingdom, California Grill, and Poolside Toy Story!
Big Breakfast= Sick Lady Nug all day, yet we do it every year. BOMA is just that good! 10 a.m. reservation and we all made it just in time (if you haven’t figured it out yet, we are NOT morning people). We get our “Jungle Juice”, previously “Frunch”, Lady Nug and Pablo Nug’s favorite, and go dig in. Lil Nug and Big Nug come back with nothing more than a plate of bacon! Kidding, they got some other food too. Here are some fabulous fotos:

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03392.jpg

Yum, Yum, Yum. Good time at BOMA. Odderbrodder Nug, the fattest of us all, ate for ten people, so his $30 was well spent. Full and happy, Lil Nug, Odderbrodder Nug, Pablo Nug and I decided to lounge by the pool to let our stomachs’ rest while Lady Nug, Sir Nug, and Big Nug went to look at the animals.

DSC03393.jpg

DSC03394.jpg

DSC03396.jpg

DSC03400.jpg

DSC03402.jpg

DSC03408.jpg

While lounging, Odderbrodder Nug introduced us to a game: The Green Glass Door. All you have to do is say what you’re bringing and what you’re not bringing through The Green Glass Door. It’s a riddle, so you have to figure out the rule. For example: I can bring a pool, but not a lake. I can bring wood, but not a lighter. I can bring some dessert, but not a desert. We all eventually figured out the riddle and got through the Green Glass Door. Can you?
Finally, around 1 or so, we departed from the Jambo House. Odderbrodder Nug, Pablo Nug, Lil Nug, Big Nug, and I all went to the Magic Kingdom while Lady Nug and Sir Nug went back to the room to pack and get ready for their dinner reservation at the California Grill.
We arrive a little early for the 3:00 parade: Celebrate a Dream Come True and decide to head towards Frontierland to watch. Arriving there around 2:45 and having the parade arrive at 3:20 = hot, sweaty nugs all angry at me… woops! But I got to watch the parade, so stinks to be them!:-) Parade was cute as always. Anytime I get to see Peter Pan is a good time!

100_0241.jpg

100_0246.jpg

100_0249.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0254.jpg

Off to Splash Mountain and then Big Thunder Railroad. Come on Stacy, Let’s do the Must do’s! (Hopefully, some of you will get that joke!) Not too, too soaked at Splash surprisingly, and close to the back in Big Thunder. Also waiting times of less than 10 minutes in the Fastpass lines, so pretty prime if I do say so myself!
Next? We hop on the MK train and hop off at what-used-to-be Toontown in order to get to Space Mountain. Can I just say the new water play area there is awesome! Great refresher during the hottest parts of the day where you can get soaked or just a little bit wet! We went with just a little bit wet, but it felt great! After that little detour, we head down the back path to Space Mountain. Always an awesome ride! Lil Nug’s favorite actually.
At this point, it’s like five, and we want some food! Too much left to do to eat dinner just yet, we grab some smoothies and ice cream. A nice refresher, the strawberry banana one’s great!
Off to The Carousel of Progress next! Definitely a must do in my book! It’s a great big beautiful tomorrow every day in Disney World! TTA or People Mover or whatever they call it after just to relax for a minute! And finally Buzz Lightyear’s the last one on the list. Of course, the ride had just reopened a few days prior and there were still a few bugs so the ride was “deactivated” a few times while we waited in line. Lil Nug is freaking out as always. She’s afraid of her shadow people, so a broken down ride is terrifying for her! What a Nug! We finally get on and it actually keeps us going the whole way through! Forever a Planetary Pilot, but ohwell. Guess my career is not in battling the Evil Emperor Zurg!
6:20 and I’m sprinting to catch the Dream Along with Mickey Show at 6:40. I demand a front row seat so I can stare at Peter Pan with no obstruction. One of my favorite shows in Disney World, it always helps me remember how magical Disney actually is. The park was created for the sole purpose of giving parents and children a place to spend time together, a place to just be happy. The show really illustrates that message in my opinion. Plus I get to see Peter Pan dance around the stage for 20 minutes –FLAWLESS.
In the meantime, Odderbrodder Nug and Pablo Nug hit the road. They had plans to eat at the All Star, and head to Sports to watch the Goofy Movie. Lil Nug and Big Nug headed to Fantasyland to watch Philar Magic and then we met up for dinner at Cosmic Rays. Nugs for all! Hooray! Lucky for me, we finished just in time for me to catch the final Dream Along with Mickey show at 7:40. I know what you’re thinking, how can I possibly watch this show again? But I mean it when I say I LOVE IT. Lil Nug and Big Nug headed to Main Street Bakery to hang out while I enjoyed. We met up right at eight and headed out! With a nine o’clock movie to catch at Jambo House, we had to hustle!
Home, showered, and out of the room by 8:50, I’d say that’s an accomplishment. We were a few minutes late to Toy Story, but we caught up just fine. Great movie! I hadn’t seen the first one in forever! I’d say today was a success.

Words from Lady Nug: They arrived at the California Grill early and were seated right away. They were given a table for 2 in the wine room which overlooked the pool on the Epcot side. They watched illuminations while eating, and also caught some of the electric light parade. At 10 o'clock they went to the observation deck and watched Wishes which is much better seen on Main Street people! They had a ravioli: yup just one! But it was very large, and gooood!

DSC03409.jpg

Their main meal was the California Grill's $47 famous filet: overpriced but extremely tender. Melts in your mouth but also melts your wallet ;)

DSC03410.jpg

Dessert: Molten Lava Cake: There was no molten to this: no lava people! It did go nice with the rasberries and ice cream though.

DSC03411.jpg

Favorite part: The bread with the salted butter! They're glad they tried it, and they're glad they're redoing the place. Rating: 7/10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter