The Never Ending Dining Review! Feb/April 2015 Update: Cowish

Trattoria al Forno

After our "dessert first" at the Boardwalk Bakery, we headed to Trattoria al Forno to meet up with our friends for dinner. There was a large group of us and two separate reservations. DH and I were sat at a table with about 12 of us. Our server's name was Hollie, and she was very knowledgeable about everything and seemed excited about this new restaurant. She was very on top of things even with so many of us, constantly filling up our waters and bringing more bread. There were also two allergies at the table that she handled very well, and the chef came out to talk to them too. Here's a look at the bread they give you (with olive oil):

DH also got a glass of wine which he enjoyed, while I stuck with water since it was the night before the race. While DH and I did not order an appetizer, another girl at the table did and she was kind enough to share with us. She had the
Fried Calamari - with White Balsamic and Lemon Agrodolce:

This was very good! I'm not usually a huge calamari person, but this might have been the best calamari I've eaten. The balsamic that came with it really made the dish.

For his meal DH ordered the
Braised Beef "Bolognese" - with House-made Cavatelli:

He rated it a 6 out of 10 and described it as "forgettable." To be fair, he is not usually a fan of the braised beef style, so it was an odd choice for him. He said it was fine but not his favorite. I think he probably would have been happier with something else, but he was in the mood for beef.

I had the
Campanelle - with Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes, and Genovese Pesto - and had chicken added to it:

I love pesto and this did not disappoint. It had good flavor and the chicken was really juicy and tasty. I would give it an 8.5 out of 10.

We decided to skip dessert since we'd had our cupcake beforehand, and it was getting late and I wanted to make sure we got back early enough for me to sleep a good amount before the half marathon!

Overall I'd rate this place a 7.5 out of 10, though I liked it a lot more than DH did so this kind of represents in between our two perspectives. The food I had was very good, and I think DH's meal was more a matter of it not being a dish he liked rather than how it was prepared. Our server was really something special and that did a lot for me. I would love to go back here and try it again and hopefully DH will pick something better!

Campanelle with Chicken - $23.99
Bolognese - $21.99
Wine: $12.00

Total with 18% gratuity and TiW discount: $59.84

Savings with TiW on this meal: $11.60
Total saved with TiW on this trip so far: $24.59

Thanks for the Trattoria Review, as I hadn't heard too much about it yet. That calamari looks delicious, as does your pesto dish. Your hubbys dish looks really good too, too bad the taste didn't live up to the looks

Things for the review on this new place. I have heard mixed reviews but glad you enjoyed the app and your entree :)

Following along. I love strawberry ice cream and everyone always raves about the ice cream at the new France location. I have a quick question, do you remember if the ice cream had real strawberry pieces in it? I love the flavor of strawberry ice cream but I'm not a fan of the fruit chunks! :p

I'm really glad to see some reviews of Trattoria. Your meal looks delicious! It doesn't look anything like I would picture from the description though. Were there green beans and potatoes mixed in with the pasta? I think potato and pasta would be an odd combination.

One more question if you can remember back that far. Did Boardwalk Bakery have the Oreo cupcakes still? I LOVE THOSE SO MUCH! I think I would probably shed a tear if they got rid of them. I didn't get to get one on my last trip so I'm really looking forward to one in November.

Thanks for the Trattoria Review, as I hadn't heard too much about it yet. That calamari looks delicious, as does your pesto dish. Your hubbys dish looks really good too, too bad the taste didn't live up to the looks

Yeah, other people might like the taste of that dish better than DH did!

Things for the review on this new place. I have heard mixed reviews but glad you enjoyed the app and your entree :)

I've heard mixed things too but we had a very good experience!

Following along. I love strawberry ice cream and everyone always raves about the ice cream at the new France location. I have a quick question, do you remember if the ice cream had real strawberry pieces in it? I love the flavor of strawberry ice cream but I'm not a fan of the fruit chunks! :p

I'm really glad to see some reviews of Trattoria. Your meal looks delicious! It doesn't look anything like I would picture from the description though. Were there green beans and potatoes mixed in with the pasta? I think potato and pasta would be an odd combination.

One more question if you can remember back that far. Did Boardwalk Bakery have the Oreo cupcakes still? I LOVE THOSE SO MUCH! I think I would probably shed a tear if they got rid of them. I didn't get to get one on my last trip so I'm really looking forward to one in November.

I don't think the strawberry ice cream had pieces of strawberry in it. I don't remember too clearly since it was in the sandwich but I'm pretty sure it didn't.

You're right, my meal was definitely a pasta dish. There actually were some green beans and potatoes, oddly enough, but only a few. It was unusual but tasted great!

This one I remember 100% - as of February they did have the Oreo cupcake! I remember because DH and I argued over which one to get, since he wanted the oreos ;)

That strawberry cupcake though!

Sooo good!

Following along! We travel back to WDW in June 2016 and I am already scouring reviews to find new places to eat at. Love your report so far!

Everything Pop

After a nice long nap following the half marathon, I needed some lunch! Since we were staying at Pop Century Everything Pop was the easiest place to go. Nothing seemed super impressive there, so I just went with the fish and chips:

These were fine, just your standard fish and chips, but they did the job. I did think they had decent fries, and everything was hot. With a quick service meal like this what more can you really ask for? I was just disappointed there weren't more interesting options like at Art of Animation. I'd give them a 6 out of 10.

DH had the salmon burger with fries (
House-made Salmon Burger, Wasabi Thai Curry Mayonnaise, and Slaw):

This was pretty decent, but had the Disney curse of the crumbling bun. Other than that he really enjoyed it and gave it an 8 out of 10, saying that he's a sucker for salmon.

And for dessert we had the Mickey oreo cupcake!

This was yummy, with your standard chocolate cake and vanilla icing. I had heard about the King cupcake and was really hoping to try it, but they didn't have it while I was there. This was a decent substitute if nothing special or out of the ordinary. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Overall I'd give Everything Pop a 6.5 out of 10. It's fine if you just need a quick meal, but it's nothing to write home about.

Soda: $2.99
Fish and chips: $8.49
Salmon Burger: $10.49
Cupcake: $4.99

Total with tax: $23.72

Savings with Tables in Wonderland on this meal: $5.39

Total Tables in Wonderland savings so far: $29.98

Haven't been to the Pop in a long time. Looks like it was agood value with tables in wonderland tho. That cupcake looks very good.

Aaaaaaaaaaand now I'm over here! All caught up now :)

I take a real pleasure out of using TIW at Value food courts, I feel like I'm getting away with something! Just good to know you're saving no matter what.

For my dessert I headed next door to the ice cream shop to try the strawberries and cream ice cream maracron sandwich:

This was also delicious! I love the ice cream here, it always tastes so fresh and natural. Instead of the fake strawberry flavor you get in a lot of strawberry ice creams, this tasted like real strawberries. And the cookie was fresh and delicious. I just wish it was bigger! I would give it an 9 out of 10.

So overall, Les Halles was extremely hit or miss with us. The sandwiches we had were decent, but the salad was just ridiculous. But the desserts were amazing. So I would probably only come back here for the desserts - only problem is, with the ice cream shop right next door I'd probably choose that every time! So I'm not really sure when/if I'd go back here. It's hard to give it an overall rating because stuff varied so much, but I'd go with a 7 out of 10.

Bottled water: $2.50
Croque Monsieur: $8.75
Framboise: $5.50
Ham and Cheese Croissant: $4.75
Salade Bleu Cheese: $9.50

Total with Tax: $32. 86

Maracon ice cream sandwich: $3.99

Total with tax: $4.25

The Macaron ice cream sandwich looks awesome. I never had macaron with ice cream and it sounds like the ice cream was really good -- i hate the fake flavours too!

Following!

Haven't been to the Pop in a long time. Looks like it was agood value with tables in wonderland tho. That cupcake looks very good.

I was pleasantly surprised to realize that I could use Tables in Wonderland there! It was nice, even when just grabbing a bottle of water or something we saved a little money.

Aaaaaaaaaaand now I'm over here! All caught up now :)

I take a real pleasure out of using TIW at Value food courts, I feel like I'm getting away with something! Just good to know you're saving no matter what.

Right? LoL when I first went to use it I was scared like they were going to tell me I couldn't do it, even though I knew I could! It just felt weird to be using it at a quick service spot.

The Macaron ice cream sandwich looks awesome. I never had macaron with ice cream and it sounds like the ice cream was really good -- i hate the fake flavours too!

Following!

Mmm, it was so good! I know they change the flavors up but I would definitely try whatever they have when you go!

POP used to have some great food with the Mom's Night Out Specials (think fried chicken, really good meatloaf, etc). However, they dropped these a few years ago when the powers that be decided to make the menu healthy. Sigh. I can eat healthy at home. Even though POP is my usual home resort, I hardly ever eat at the caf. But I always make a point to stop for some post-park treats. I always get the King Cupcake (which is fabulous!) and the tie-dyed cheesecake. Sadly, they have brutalized the poor cheesecake by reducing the portion and shoving it into a little round plastic container. Its still tasty but just not what it used to be. Sometimes "progress" is just bad news. o_O

Pop looks pretty good for a food court to me ; ) And yum that cupcake looks delicious even if its pretty standard fare

POP used to have some great food with the Mom's Night Out Specials (think fried chicken, really good meatloaf, etc). However, they dropped these a few years ago when the powers that be decided to make the menu healthy. Sigh. I can eat healthy at home. Even though POP is my usual home resort, I hardly ever eat at the caf. But I always make a point to stop for some post-park treats. I always get the King Cupcake (which is fabulous!) and the tie-dyed cheesecake. Sadly, they have brutalized the poor cheesecake by reducing the portion and shoving it into a little round plastic container. Its still tasty but just not what it used to be. Sometimes "progress" is just bad news. o_O

I didn't know that about the Mom's night specials! That's really a shame. I'm in favor of having healthy options but not at the expense of the other stuff ;) And it's not like the burgers, chicken fingers, and pizza they have left is any more healthy. I did manage to get the King Cupcake on my trip in April and it was fabulous! They better not ever get rid of that!

Pop looks pretty good for a food court to me ; ) And yum that cupcake looks delicious even if its pretty standard fare

It's a good food court, especially if you need something convenient! Though I will say that if I hadn't just run a half marathon I probably would have walked over to the food court at Art of Animation because I like some of their more unique offerings there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter