The Never-Ending-Anything-Goes PTR

Are you ready for this!!?? I've spent some time at work today day dreaming about my upcoming adventure (I have had a yucky day) so I though maybe I should go ahead and put together a touring plan for my Epcot day. And then I decided not to :scared1:

See, I plan on being there for rope drop at 9 am and doing as much future world stuff as I can before 11. Then I will head into my favorite place in the World, the World Showcase!

I am planning on eating a QS lunch in someplace I have never eaten before. I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning towards Norway.

Nikki thinks she and Tom will be at Epcot around 1 pm, so from there we will do whatever it is we want. I know Nikki wants to get a few more rides in on Test Track since it's closing for refurb this spring, but I think that we are just going to play it by ear and go where the wind takes us! :dance3:

This is new for me, not having a plan, but over the past couple of trips I've been planning less and less specifically and it works out well. So, since the theme is trying new things, I'm going with a free flowing plan for this day.

There are a few decisions already made however. Nikki has graciously invited me to join her and Tom at La Hacienda for dinner. She had no trouble switching the ADR to 3 instead of 2, and I am stoked! I haven't eaten there before so this goes right along with my theme! I am really looking forward to it and we are hoping for an Illuminations view, since our ADR is at 7:45 (I think).

This day is going to be AWESOME. I absolutely cannot wait, and since I know the next week is going to be pretty rough I am so glad I have something to look forward to!!

I apologize for not being around much lately! It has been incredibly hectic, and with just 2 weeks till I leave, I still can't believe I am going!

Jack had his tonsils taken out on Wednesday. I planned this specifically so that I could take Friday off, so I'd be home with him Wed, Thurs and Fri and then he could be with my parents for the weekend and today since my dad is off today. Well, in true Jack fashion, he got the stomach bug that has been going around and spent all night Sunday night throwing up. I thought for sure they would cancel the surgery, but since he was fine by Monday afternoon, they decided to proceed. Wednesday morning came and we left for the surgery center at 5:15 am :scared1: My mom took the morning off so she could help me out. We got there, got checked in and they got him ready. They let him leave his pj's on which was nice. He wasn't even upset when they took him away, the nurse was chatting with him about Lightening McQueen etc, so he didn't even seem to notice he was leaving. The surgery took about 15 minutes, but they had to make us wait until he was awake till we could go back. By the time we got back there he was awake and eating ice chips and doing fine. He was a little groggy and they had numbed his tongue and mouth I guess because he was having a hard time talking. They gave him a popsicle and applesauce and he gobbled both right up. After a little while they cleared us to leave and we were home by 9 am. Jack wasn't sleepy at all despite the hydrocodone he was prescribed, so he sat up and watched cartoons in my bed and ate several more popsicles and aome more applesauce. The kid was an eating machine! He kept asking for more food, including a sandwich, but he couldn't have anything solid so he was frustrated. Thursday he was a bit more whiny, but I ahd read that the second day was the worst so I didn't think much of it. He took a nap and was a bit warm afterwards, but he runs pretty hot so I didn't worry. I went across the street to a friends for book club and my dad started calling saying Jack had a fever of 102.5! He gave him a cool bath, but the post surgical instructions specifically said not to give him Advil or more Tylenol because there we already Tylenol in the hydrocodone, and Advil would increase the risk of bleeding, and that a mild fever was normal afterwards. Well after finding out his temp went up to 103, I called the doctors office and the doctor called me back. He said Jack was probably just dehydrated, but that I could go ahead and give him some Advil. The next day he kept running a fever that would only come down with Advil, and I made him drink all day long. It also was my birthday, so some family came over and Jack was just pathetic. He didn't want to eat anything. Saturday my parents forced him to eat some and he did better, but the fever wouldn't stay away. We tried to get him off the hydorcodone because it makes him really lethargic, but at night he needed it for the pain. Yesterday he didn't run a fever all day, and my parents forced him to eat some more, but he still needed hydrocodone for the pain. This morning he slept until noon, and then had a fever when he woke up but it was lower. He went without any medicine all day but was super lethargic still and refused to eat. He is already on an antibiotic for any risk of infection after the surgery, but soemthing is clearly wrong, so my parents took him to the urgent care center. I haven't heard anything back yet, but I am hoping they figure something out becaue Jack is pretty pathetic at this point, and I really want him to feel better. I am just competely at a loss as to why he could be feeling so bad! I mean I expected the pain from the tonsils, but the rest of this is caught me off guard!

Just got off the phoen with my parents and Jack has Pneumonia...

OH NO!!!! Are they going to hospitalize him? Michael had that, but not with tonsils and they put him in the hospital for like 3 or 4 days. Poor kid. Give him hugs and kisses from us.

Oh no I hope he feels better soon.

OH NO!!!! Are they going to hospitalize him? Michael had that, but not with tonsils and they put him in the hospital for like 3 or 4 days. Poor kid. Give him hugs and kisses from us.

Ugh! Poor Jack! Update us as soon as you can. Thoughts and prayers with you guys :flower3::hug:

Thanks for the good wishes!! They ended up giving him a z-pack to go along with the anitbiotics he was already on. Evidently this is bacterial pneumonia, so it's not contagious. He is actually feeling better already! He has a follow up appointment tomorrow with his doctor about the pneumonia, and an appointment with the surgeon in a couple weeks, but I spoke with the surgeon today and he thinks Jack will be better in no time! It's good he's not contagious because I NEED him to go to school Thursday and Friday! :lmao:

I'm so glad he's doing better! I'm sure you wouldn't want to be leaving on your trip with this on your mind, even though it's still a couple weeks a way.

Glad he is starting to feel better. He must have felt so awful. Poor kid.

I'm so glad he's doing better! I'm sure you wouldn't want to be leaving on your trip with this on your mind, even though it's still a couple weeks a way.

Thanks guys! Yes, I was getting nervous about leaving with him being so fragile, but he is steadily getting better. He's still not at 100% but he is returning to his old self :rotfl:

So it would seem that even on a short simple trip like this one, I can't seem to stop myself from making changes. Maybe this is my own special form of OCD.

Previously I was going to head to DTD after checking in at Pop. Not anymore! I did some thinking (I obviously have too much time on my hands) and decided to switch it up a bit so here is the NEW plan!

Once I arrive and check in, I will take a bus to the Magic Kingdom (or Epcot I suppose, whichever comes first). From there I will hop on the monorail and get off at the Contemporary. I want to spend some time browsing there and then I will head to the Polynesian where I now have an ADR for 6:45 at Kona Cafe! I have never eaten there for dinner, but I got the recipe for their Kona Salad a couple years ago and we make it at home relatively frequently. I decided to try it out and see if theirs tastes anything like the version we make! I also have been dying to try a Lapu Lapu, so I figured I will eat there and then take my drink outside to the beach for the fireworks which are at 8 pm that night. After Wishes I will probably just head back to Pop and go to bed.

My Epcot day will stay the same, head there for rope drop and conquer Future World until 11 when my favorite place in the World is open, World Showcase! I am going to grab lunch there and hang out until Nikki and Tom arrive and we meet up. From there we will do whatever we want (margaritas please) and then we have a dinner ADR at La Hacienda. I've never eaten there so I am really excited about this.

Both Nikki and I have been stalking the weather forecast, but it changes every single day. I think I am going to rent a locker so that I can bring a jacket and maybe even a pair f sneakers (I am currently planning on wearing new sandals I ordered) in case it gets too chilly at night. So far we have seen temps from 63-80 forecasted for this day so I will be packing for all possibilities!

The last day I have an 8:50 ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe (which I have also never been to), so when I am done I will check out GF before heading to DTD for some last minute shopping! I will also grab lunch there (EoS) before heading back to Pop to catch the ME back to the airport! My flight leaves at 3:25 pm and I will be sad to leave, but I'm sure I will be missing Jack by then so it won't be too tragic :rotfl:

So there you have it! My plans which hopefully will stay the same... I am really hoping the weather cooperates, but I am trying not to stress too much before hand! I am planning on packing on Thursday since it's my last day off before I leave...

You'll have fun, no matter what the weather is. Ad meeting up with Nikki will be a blast!

Hey, I like this new plan! Can't wait to hear about your Kona ressie. I've only had breakfast there, but i've heard good things about their dinner too. Is this the place that has the Hawaiian bread that they give you, or is it another restaurant?

You'll have fun, no matter what the weather is. Ad meeting up with Nikki will be a blast!

I absolutely cannot wait! I am so excited to "meet" another MWT friend! I thought I would have to wait for an AEP but I've gotten lucky twice now!

Hey, I like this new plan! Can't wait to hear about your Kona ressie. I've only had breakfast there, but i've heard good things about their dinner too. Is this the place that has the Hawaiian bread that they give you, or is it another restaurant?

'Ohana has Hawaiian bread, and it is delicious! I have heard great things about dinner at Kona too, so I'm pretty thrilled!

Well, it would seem I have been a bad DISer. not only did I not update before I left, I have been back for a week and am just now updating!!!

In short, the trip was FABULOUS. Everything I wanted and more. I promise to start posting real updates about it soon! I just need to get my pictures uploaded, which I hope to do tomorrow. It has seriously been nonstop action around here for a while, I feel like I have barely had time to breathe! But updates will be starting tomorrow!!

YAY...I've been so behind anyways...take your time

Wellllll since you asked Jen, I will hold off another day :lmao: no actually its because I can't seem to find time at work to do things other than work! When did my job get so important!? Tomorrow is looking good though...

Wellllll since you asked Jen, I will hold off another day :lmao: no actually its because I can't seem to find time at work to do things other than work! When did my job get so important!? Tomorrow is looking good though...

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter