Should Harry be pushed further?

• Yes, he's done too much damage

• On the fence on this one

• No, leave the poor kid alone

Results are only viewable after voting.

dcentity2000

<font color=red>Simba Cub<br><font color=green>Is
_40720363_harryrugby203ok.jpg

Prince Harry recently went to a fancy dress party, the theme of which was military and colonial. He dressed up as a Nazi soldier.

All hell broke loose. The Prince then unreservedly apologised.

Now the Jewish community, still narked, are demanding that he make another, even more public apology, go to visit the concentration camps and have even called for more education upon the Nazi regime in schools.

The leader of the opposition, a jewish gentleman, even went as far as to say that the Prince must "tell us himself how contrite he now is".

The Prince, on Wednesday, issued a statement saying "I am very sorry if I caused any offence or embarrassment to anyone. It was a poor choice of costume and I apologise."

Is it me or are people being a little over the top?

It was a fancy dress party.

And countless comdey shows - even the West End musical hit "The Producers" (featuring a song that goes "Springtime for Hitler and Germany") are seen as highly amusing and politically acceptable.

The home sec. Charles Clarke has voiced the ruling party's opinion that he's said sorry, he's sincere, isn't that the end of it?

Do you think the Prince should be forced to make a second apology in person, or do you think it's not that big a deal, all things being considered?

I think he's apologised and that's the end of it, myself.

Clicky, clicky-too, clicky-three, clicky-me!

Rich::

I think it's in totally bad taste. It would be bad enough if he were an "everyday citizen" but to be someone in the public eye and to do something like that? Ridiculous!

That was a MAJOR faux-pas. He should do something extraordinary to make amends.

Sandy22 said:
That was a MAJOR faux-pas. He should do something extraordinary to make amends.
I agree....he's a thoughtless idiot.

On one hand, he is young and young people sometimes do thoughtless things. If he wasn't famous, no one would be talking about this.
But on the other hand, he is in the public eye and there are some that may look up to him as a role model.
Hence, I am on the fence!! :D

Thoughtless, yes. But he's young and sometimes when you are young you do stupid things. How would you like it if everything you did in your late teens and early twenties was broadcast and dissected.

He's young and made a mistake in judgement.

He's apologized.

Let it go.

He's a typical teen who does dumb, thoughtless things!!

Cut him some slack...Bigger problems in the world than the mischievness of Prince Harry!!!!

Was it in bad taste? YES.
Should he have apologized? Yes, and he did.

Now I think people should just get over it. I feel very sorry for the royal family. They are constantly under the microscope and I can't imagine trying to be a young adult and going through that. How do you have any kind of a life? He made a poor costume choice and when he was picking it out probably thought it was more of a "joke" costume then glorifying the Nazi regime. Kinda the same as the kids here wearing Osama and Bin Laden masks at Halloween.

He's not that young - he's 20 years old - certainly old enough and experienced enough with the media to know better. Shame on him.

jenelise said:
He's not that young - he's 20 years old - certainly old enough and experienced enough with the media to know better. Shame on him.
I agree.

I can't help thinking how his life would have been different if his mother had lived. :( He was only 11 or so when she died, right?

Laurie

I don't seem to understand what the deal is. I mean I know it is disrespectful to Jewish people, but it would be the saying oh well you can't dress up like one of the soldiers that killed native americans in the battle of wounded knee or something of the sort. He apologized and we should all let it go. If it were anyone else, we would not have even heard about it.
**Sarah**

coming from the family he comes from he is definately highly educated....I don't think that he made a poor judgement I think he was looking for attention and the shock value....he got both...and then he had to apoligize. ha!

I say shame on Harry!

HC

I heard that it was a private party. From the picture it looks like it was taken inside, so my question is if it was a private party who took the picture? Whoever took the picture sold it to the papers to make a quick buck.

I agree he should not have worn it, but the person {who Harry might have thought was a friend or someone he could trust} took the picture and sold it. They should apoligize to Harry for starting all this up.

Just to clarify, according to the news report I heard, the theme of the party was "bad taste," and the picture was taken by someone at the party with a camera phone (and then sold).

What he did was incredibly stupid, and yes, I think a visit to a concentration camp and a Holocaust museum, and a public, personal apology would be very appropriate.

With privilege comes responsibility. I agree that he is still a kid, but someone in his position is held to a higher standard. If another apology would ease someones pain then he should make another apology.

Wouldn't you think that someone like the Prince would have *his people* with him most of the time. Aren't there advisors and such that would say "Hey Harry, that might not be the best thing to wear, bud." If he didn't stop to think that it might be inappropriate, I would think someone along the way would have clued him in.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter