The "my child is allowed to pick their nose" parent strikes again!

Ember

<font color=blue>I've also crazy glued myself to m
This time she took issue with the number of times I send her darling to wash his hands. Because each and every time I see him fishing up his nose, I send him to the bathroom. Mom tells me she sent in hand sanitizer because I "have issues" with something "so natural and normal." :sick: I replied (and I'm quite proud of this because it's normally the sort of thing I wouldn't think of until later) that sanitized boogies are still boogies and he'll have to continue to wash his hands. Mom had no reply, so I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time. :headache:

Good for you!!! She has issues, and I would keep the little nosepicker wearing a path to the sink and desk.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

This time she took issue with the number of times I send her darling to wash his hands. Because each and every time I see him fishing up his nose, I send him to the bathroom. Mom tells me she sent in hand sanitizer because I "have issues" with something "so natural and normal." :sick: I replied (and I'm quite proud of this because it's normally the sort of thing I wouldn't think of until later) that sanitized boogies are still boogies and he'll have to continue to wash his hands. Mom had no reply, so I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time. :headache:

That child will have problems when he gets into middle and high school :sick:

I work in a preschool room and we make all nose-pickers finish the job with a tissue and then wash their hands. It's "normal and natural" to have the stuff in your nose, but not to pick it out with your finger and flick it around the room!

This reminds me of a little boy I had in my room several years ago. We were frosting and decorating cookies at one of our centers. Since they were sharing the spreaders and handling the decorations, I told them they could not put their fingers in their mouths until after they were done (we washed hands first). One little boy must have licked his fingers at least 7 times during the few minutes it took him to decorate his cookie. I sent him to wash his hands each and every time he did it, thinking that once or twice would be enough to remind him to stop. Nope! He kept licking so I kept making him wash before he touched the materials again. He never complained at all. He just kept running to the sink and washing. It was rather odd but I had to follow through after I told them licking would result in a trip to the sink!

Oh, Tag Fairy....

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good for you!! At least he's not spreading his germs around the room, although he's certainly innoculating himself with anything and everything!

If this woman did not advocate nose picking I would say that she has a valid point about hand washing. The over use of anti bacterial soaps can create bacteria resistant strains. However, since she allows her child to dig for gold, its your classroom, your rules and your hand washing rule must stick for the health and hygeine of others.

I feel your pain! :thumbsup2 I teach two year olds, and they are always covered in some bodily fluid or another. If we wanted them clean and germ free, we'd have to have class in the tub!:rotfl2:

In the district I teach in, the only hand sanitizer that is allowed is school provided hand sanitizer that is mounted on the walls. That also goes for other things too-no clorox wipes, no bleach, and most other chemicals. Must all be district provided.

I dont know why I keep coming back to the nose picking kid threads .. I gag everytime !
I think I scared my kid into not doing it, I almost threw up on him once lol.

If this woman did not advocate nose picking I would say that she has a valid point about hand washing. The over use of anti bacterial soaps can create bacteria resistant strains. However, since she allows her child to dig for gold, its your classroom, your rules and your hand washing rule must stick for the health and hygeine of others.

I keep hoping the fact that he has to get up and go to the bathroom would make him stop! I'm not even subtle about it anymore, I'll just say his name and tell him to go. The other kids have noticed, but this doesn't stop him either.

Wouldn't the hand sanitizer be worse, or just as bad, as washing with soap as far as bacteria resistant strains are concerned?

I keep hoping the fact that he has to get up and go to the bathroom would make him stop! I'm not even subtle about it anymore, I'll just say his name and tell him to go. The other kids have noticed, but this doesn't stop him either.

Wouldn't the hand sanitizer be worse, or just as bad, as washing with soap as far as bacteria resistant strains are concerned?

A lot of the hand sanitizers are anti-bacterial, so yes, those would be just as bad. I don't ever use that kind, I try to stick to the ones that are primarily alcohol-based.

Overall, I can't believe you have maintained your sanity this long. I have followed your saga with booger-boy and I'm still amazed that his mom doesn't see a problem with this. Just crazy! Bless your heart.

If this woman did not advocate nose picking I would say that she has a valid point about hand washing. The over use of anti bacterial soaps can create bacteria resistant strains.

But did Ember say she was using antibacterial soap?

Because I'm just not sure which would be worse; I avoid both hand sanitizers and antibacterial soap. Just normal soap for me, thanks (well, actually Trader Joes Tea Tree Oil soap, which actually does have natural antibacterial properties).

Ember, I've been flummoxed by this lady before...I mean, I'm all about natural and normal, but yeah, even I don't advocate nose-picking, especially not in public!

can you pass the problem to the school nurse if it continues

can you pass the problem to the school nurse if it continues

I wonder if this child does it out of boredom or stress like a person might bite their nails or twirl/chew hair? Maybe it is a learned habit from mom and dad? Maybe he sees them do it all day? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter