• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

THE MURPHYS are LIVE from WDW - SPRING BREAK 2012 (PICTURES ADDED!)

Not including wait time for the bus to arrive for our trip from DTD back to Kidani It still took 56 minutes. Almost missed our ME! Dh says never staying at AKL again, it's a beautiful hotel and we love the animals, but the bus trips are way too long. MK last night was about 40 minutes. Just seems to take forever. Maybe with a rental car it would be better. Also I think we just started off on the wrong foot this morning when the mousekeeper knocked on the door repeatedly at 10:50 even with the do not disturb on the door. When dh opened the door she said it was 11:00 and we had to leave. Dh showed her his iPhone and it was 10:50. She said she would give us 5 more minutes. Even though we were ready to go we stayed in the room until 10:59 just to make a point. I thought it was very rude of her to act like that and I can't imagine ever being treated in that way at the Yc/bc, Poly, or GF. I think those resorts will be it for us from now on. Their friendly service can't be touched. I like to leave my vacation on a positive note.

I'm so sorry that happened. I agree that was extemely rude :mad: I hope it didn't dampen an otherwise great trip :goodvibes

Safe travels home :goodvibes

Oh My Goodness!!!! We had a heck of a time getting home!!! :eek:

Flights delayed in and out of Atlanta due to power outage! They were down to only one runway with lights. We didn't get home until about 1:00 AM this morning! Got a little bit of sleep and then went to get the kids up for school only to discover our 10 year old burning up with fever. :scared: So I've had a crazy day of trying to take care of him, go to the doctor, pick up Rx, also while trying to unpack and get some food in the house. What a day!! :upsidedow

I am just now sitting down to upload pics! I hope you guys are ready to see probably WAY TOO MANY!!! :lmao:

I'm so sorry that happened. I agree that was extemely rude :mad: I hope it didn't dampen an otherwise great trip :goodvibes

Safe travels home :goodvibes

Not at all :) We had a great trip! :thumbsup2 It was just sort of a downer to feel like we were being forced out of our room, I know the DVC resorts are super busy and packed and they need all the time they can get to clean all those rooms, but I wish they would have been nicer about it, or at least waited until 11:00 before they started banging the door down.

Ok! So lets get to the fun part! :)

Here are the pics as we arrived on 3/27 to our pirate themed room at CBR:

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

Our 10 year old definitely loved the room!
I have to say I did notice quit a bit of wear around the door, doorway, and window. Even though the room had been obviously remodeled, it still seemed "old" and worn out in some areas as we entered. I'm guessing they didn't really do anything to those parts, mostly just refurb the room itself. It was a decent size, the beds were fairly comfortable, I've always felt the moderate resorts were equal to Pop Century in a lot of ways so that's why we usually choose Pop. But I would stay here again for a first night arrival when we just need a place to crash. If we needed to stay longer I think we'd definitely have to have 2 rooms. Our boys are so big they are almost adult size, so the 2 full beds aren't really enough.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

I liked the carpet ;)

IMG_0806.jpg

Day 2

This was the day we checked in to YC CL GV. I can't believe I didn't take a single picture of our room! That's not like me at all. I guess I didn't think about it because it looked exactly the same as the room we had 3/2010. It was just down the hall a little bit further. Room # 5214.

We went to Epcot that day... it was already Noon by the time we got there so we just strolled around the world showcase and then hit the boardwalk after.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

One thing you've probably noticed about our family is that we are super laid back about park touring. I guess we just go with the flow since we are down there pretty often. We really never feel a strong urge to do anything in particular unless something new has opened since our last visit. We can have fun doing silly things some people probably don't even stop to see. We have a lot of "rituals" I guess you would call them when it comes to certain activities and foods. :goodvibes My boys rarely ever walk past an arcade or any of the interactive games like in Innoventions. They are very hands on kids!

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

We are a bit crazy :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Ok, I better get some sleep! Almost 1:00 AM again! :upsidedow

I will leave you for tonight with one of my favorite "sightings" of Rapunzel while we were at the Studios on 3/29... I am OBSESSED with Tangled so anytime I see them I do a little squee for joy! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

IMG_0835.jpg

Day 3

This was our Studios morning and SAB afternoon :)

Always worth the wait:

IMG_0830.jpg

Hooray! We never get the cowboy!!! :thumbsup2

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

Pizza Planet for lunch means MORE video games! :rotfl:

IMG_0847.jpg

More pool time! :cloud9:

IMG_0851.jpg

Here you can see the wall dividing the lazy river from the sandy beach:

IMG_0852.jpg

Pool time fun! :)

IMG_0859.jpg

Day 4 (continued)

Here are pics of the construction I took while riding Dumbo....

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

The second Dumbo ride:

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

Day 4 (continued)

Barnstormer! :)

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

View of new train station from Goofy's line:

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

As you walk thru the line you can smell all the fresh wood :) It's nice they added the sun shades as you walk up the ramp.

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

Front car :)

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

Exit ramp:

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

LOVE the pictures! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that you guys are crazy like us, and most of all, have Patriots fans in the house!!! :love:

Thanks for taking us with you.....:cool1:

LOVE the pictures! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that you guys are crazy like us, and most of all, have Patriots fans in the house!!! :love:

Thanks for taking us with you.....:cool1:

My husband is from the Boston area so the kids and I are required to support the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox! ;)

Day 4 (continued)

More from MK:

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

No more Dumbo!
IMG_0942.jpg

Heading over to Tom Sawyer Island!

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

Man it was a HOT day! Wishing for some water in this bucket!! ;)

IMG_0954.jpg

BTMRR refurb going on:

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

Starting off point for Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom! My boys new FAVORITE thing to do at MK! :wizard: They started with 5 cards and by the time we left they had 100. :thumbsup2 Major card trading spot set up in Tortuga Tavern!

IMG_0965.jpg

After MK we headed to the Poly for dinner at Ohana! :cool1:

GF villas:

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Poly beach was HOPPING!!!

IMG_0971.jpg

Home Sweet Hawaii! Be back here NEXT TIME!!!! :cloud9:

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

Thank you so much for the updates and pictures! I noticed on the Barnstormer that the seats were a little different. The old ones used to hurt like heck on your back because they were so hard. Are the new one a soft cushion type or do they still hurt? I'll ride it anyway cause I love it, but just curious. I can't wait to go in June and check out the area.
Thanks very much!
Kimberley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter