The Murphys are LIVE from WDW Again!! March 18-27 (Pop and OKW)

Sorry I've been MIA today everyone! :) We had a whirlwind last 24 hours... last night we went to Epcot, did a few rides and also Illuminations... then hopped a bus to DTD and hit the shops and Ghiardelli. We didn't get home last night until almost 1:00 AM. :eek: Then we got up at 7:00 this morning and hurried off to the Pooh breakfast and spent the day at MK. Breakfast was great but the crowds today were INSANE! We got some FPs for Buzz and Pooh, did those early, then couldn't get within a mile of any other rides. So we ended up shopping most of the afternoon. Dinner was at Narcoossee's, which was totally AMAZING, soooo much better than any of the other single table service restaurants... I got pictures of my personalized Birthday menu they made for me... we had lobster, it was great. :)

After dinner we headed back to MK... Main Street was packed for Spectro so we caught part of that and watched Wishes from the front of Crystal Palace. Printed park hours said 9:00 PM but they made a special announcement that the park would remain open until 11:00 PM! :cool1: This was the BEST PART of the whole trip!!! The place was empty, we rode everything we wanted to ride multiple times with no waits at all. BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Pooh, Dumbo, TTA, Buzz, Space Mountain, all walk-ons. :goodvibes It was a great way to spend our last night. A CM told us that MK had been extending their hours (un-published) for the last week and since it wasn't on the time sheets or the TV channel, most people didn't know about it. It reminded me of the old E-NIGHTS when they use to sell tickets to MK, because the place was dead. :thumbsup2

I have GOT to go to bed now! I'm soooo tired, this has been a really long day. We leave tomorrow :( so I'm not sure I'll be able to post my pics until I get home. But I'll try. We are going to try to hit a park tomorrow before our flight (which is in the evening)

Thanks everyone for taking this virtual trip with us!! :) We can't wait to come back to WDW again soon!!!! :lovestruc :cloud9:

wow! This is so great, thank you for all of the info. Can't wait to see pictures. I see the MK has changed their EMH for April in the past few weeks. I like that.......

Wow, I can't believe your trip is almost over. It went so fast as I am sure you are well aware of ;) Thanks for taking the time to post all about it and I can't wait to see more pictures.

We really lucked out last night with those unscheduled late hours at MK. The more I think about it the more I realize how perfect it was. :) The funny thing about it was that we heard about MK extending their hours from a CM at Epcot. When we asked Guest Services at our resort they had no clue. Also when we asked the CM at the entrance to MK she had no idea. The only person who could verify the change in hours was our bus driver. So I guess my advice to everyone is to ask your driver and hope you get lucky like we did. ;)

Now it's time to pack up.... it's amazing how much stuff we have accummulated over the last 10 days. We might have to buy more luggage! :lmao:

Yes, the MK has been so busy the have been extending their hours the past couple of weeks( I am a CM). So much for the recession! It has been busy at WDW for Spring Break so far, let's hope it stays that way. I still say "what recession'lol
I am glad you are having a great trip!
Oh Erika, I meant to tell you, that yellow mickey mouse shirt you wore in you Fans Guide show, I have the same shirt!I also have it in the blue stipped rugy style, bought it in early 2004.

Here are some pics from the last two days...

Our 7 year old missed the Pooh breakfast because he was back in the room with DH not feeling well. :( Poor little guy.

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

My score on Buzz... as usual ;)

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

My special menu :)

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

Yes, the MK has been so busy the have been extending their hours the past couple of weeks( I am a CM). So much for the recession! It has been busy at WDW for Spring Break so far, let's hope it stays that way. I still say "what recession'lol
I am glad you are having a great trip!
Oh Erika, I meant to tell you, that yellow mickey mouse shirt you wore in you Fans Guide show, I have the same shirt!I also have it in the blue stipped rugy style, bought it in early 2004.

I agree Belle... I saw no signs of an economic crisis anywhere at WDW... parks packed, restaurants packed, stores packed! ;)

I loved that yellow shirt! But for some reason after I wore it and washed it several times it lost its shape so I don't get to wear it anymore. But yesterday I bought the CUTEST outfit at the Emporium... plaid mickey shorts with a matching white and plaid mickey sweatshirt with the matching bag and wallet, I almost even got the hat too! :goodvibes :rotfl: I'm sure you know the design I'm talking about... it's everywhere. Super cute design... you can see the sweatshirt in the pic above from dinner last night. :)

Erica,
I am glad to hear how much you likes Narcoosees at the GF. We didn't get to try it last time but we def. will this trip:thumbsup2 Did your boys enjoy it? What a nice surprise to have 2 extra hours of fun in the MK!:cool1: Can't wait to see more photos, (thanks for sharing!:))

Sometime, when you have a minute, haha, would you mind telling me what kind of camera you are using. I LOVE your photos. They are amazing. I'm in need of a new camera before another trip to the world. Have a wonderful day and did you make a decision on boundback yet???? Again, thanks for sharing your trip with us! Hurry back to Indiana, its cold today, high here (NW Indiana) of 45!!!! Makes you love WDW even more. :) Safe travels.

Lynn

The kids like Narcoossee's too... The kids filet mignon was perfect, and they had fun dessert options like the Nemo cupcake and Make your own Smores. :)

My camera is a Canon Powershot SD1100. Got it at Walmart on sale for $149. ;)

We left our bags with Bell Services and we're on the OKW boat to DTD. We have a few hours to kill before ME so we decided to eat lunch and shop.

The boat driver just pointed out some venomous water moccasins to the kids. YIKES!!!! Stay out of the water kiddies. ;)

Safe trip home Erika! I really enjoyed the pictures and live reporting and am bummed for you that your trip is over! I need to scroll back, did you book bounceback?

I thought Narcoose's was 2ts credits, this makes me think I need to rethink some plans for my June trip and go there!

Well, we are on the ME :( headed to the airport :( but we enjoyed our trip over to DTD today...we had lunch at Earl of Sandwich, then did a little too much shopping, had to stop at Goofy's for some last minute treats...like a yummmmmy frozen orange drink. :) :) :)

Those of you asking, yes we did book the bounceback...coming back October 25th for six night at the WL in a woods view bunkbed room ...but we might change that ... depending on a few other factors. But at least we got it booked before we left today.

Any questions about anything?? I'm sure I've forgotten lots of stuff....but you know how it is when you're on vacation.

Bye Mickey, See ya real soon!!! :)

Amy&dan - sorry if that was confusing, Narcoossee's is a 2 table service meal, but we had an extra leftover so we decided to do it instead of Ohana. Not that we don't like Ohana, but we weren't really feeling in the mood for it.

I agree Belle... I saw no signs of an economic crisis anywhere at WDW... parks packed, restaurants packed, stores packed! ;)

I loved that yellow shirt! But for some reason after I wore it and washed it several times it lost its shape so I don't get to wear it anymore. But yesterday I bought the CUTEST outfit at the Emporium... plaid mickey shorts with a matching white and plaid mickey sweatshirt with the matching bag and wallet, I almost even got the hat too! :goodvibes :rotfl: I'm sure you know the design I'm talking about... it's everywhere. Super cute design... you can see the sweatshirt in the pic above from dinner last night. :)

I was just about to post and ask you where you got the white hoodie with the plaid letters. It's SO CUTE! I'll have to look for that outfit on our next trip. Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing all your pictures and trip details. It really helps to pass the time and it's fun to see everything through other peoples' eyes :)

Amy&dan - sorry if that was confusing, Narcoossee's is a 2 table service meal, but we had an extra leftover so we decided to do it instead of Ohana. Not that we don't like Ohana, but we weren't really feeling in the mood for it.

Erica, I realized later it had to be something like that! I love O'Hana too, but sometimes you need something more sedate. I find that our peak season trips, I really need to escape to more quieter restaurants than when we go off season. How much crowds and chaos can one person take after all!

Glad you had fun and booked bounceback. We would normally be there that same time, but we are doing Disneyland this year instead. So I won't be running into you at Epcot!

Welcom Home, even though I know its hard to be back to reality!

:)Erica,
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! We are anxiously awaiting our "bounce back" in Sept. As DVC owners (OKW), we agree about the 2br units. When we take our family with us (DD, SIL, 2DGDs and now a new DGS) the 2br units are just perfect. We specifically love the 2Q beds in the 2nd br. Thanks again for sharing!

Here are the last few pics from day 10... we went over to DTD for just a couple of hours before our flight. :)

Goodbye OKW!

IMG_2906.jpg

Goodbye Old Turtle Pond bus stop!

IMG_2907.jpg

Boat ride to DTD from OKW... the new balloon ride......

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

World of Disney........

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

Just missed my old high school... it would have been cool to see them perform!

IMG_2916.jpg

Gotta love treats from Goofy's!

IMG_2918.jpg

Nicholas really thought the new Vinylmation Mickeys were neat!

IMG_2930.jpg

Connor and his Bus collection! ;)

IMG_2933.jpg

Thanks all folks! :cloud9:

I have been a lurker throughout your live TR, but I have absolutely loved it! I just booked a trip for November for my family and we are really looking forward to it! Thank you for posting a great report, I really enjoyed it!

Love the photos!!!!! I'm sure you'd love to be back in Florida and at WDW especially with this Indiana weather today!! :) Here's wishing that warmer Florida weather will be back here someday in the future. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We're crossing our fingers on a 25th anniversary trip in November/December if the economy turns around. Have you visited during this time frame and do you have any suggestions??? Thanks!

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter