The Murphys are LIVE from WDW Again!! March 18-27 (Pop and OKW)

So glad I found your live trip report! I have said it over and over again.....trip reports and pics are what get me through to our next WDW vacation.

Hi everyone! :)

We are still here at AK...in line for the Lion King show now...the park is very crowded today, lines are long and walkways are jammed. Any questions??? The fast pass RETURN line for the safari was all the way back to Tusker House. We did Nemo, Tough to be a Bug, and ate lunch at Flame Tree. After Lion King we are going to try to go back to the Safari and use our FPs, if the line is better.

Tonight Illuminations and DTD! :)

Hi. I just wanted to say again how much I love your live trip report.

I just got off the phone with my brother who is also at AK today. He said that there were no FP's available for EE?! They are late risers, so I know they were not there at park opening. He was able to get FP's for KS and Dinosaur. It sounds like the park is very crowded this afternoon.

I see from your siggie that you've been to many DVC locations. I am torn between SSR, OKW and BWV for the last two days of our trip. We are a family of 6 and need a 2 BR villa. Do you and your family have a favorite of the three resorts I listed? My kids love a good pool slide!

Thanks again for sharing your trip with us. Can't wait to hear more!

All of those resorts have their different benefits. OKW has the largest villas, SSR has the newest, and BWV has the best location. If I had to pick I guess I'd do BWV mainly because of being close to Epcot and the Studios, also lots of dining options and entertainment there. :)

Thanks for the quick response! We are looking into buying DVC and love the Epcot area so I was leaning towards BWV; however, I think DH would love SSR. I guess that justifies another trip to plan!

deborahB - Kona was pretty much the same as always... it was busy, but we didn't have to wait long. The food was all good, the only problem was that my first torte was overcooked and didn't have any liquid center... so I sent it back. The second one was perfect. :)

We just got back from a long day at AK. We did Nemo, Lion King, Safari, ITTBAB, lunch at Flame Tree, the park was very busy. We are resting now and heading to Epcot tonight. Today was HOT and wonderful! :) Love the sunshine!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Erika - Do you have any pictures of the inside of your villa at OKW? You mentioned it was extremely roomy, are all of you sharing the unit? I am considering this maybe instead of CSR next time, we may take my parents with us. Thanks!

goodness, you are going to need a vacation from your vacation;)

Amen to that!! :laughing:

DH took the boys to the pool, I put my sweats on and plopped down on the couch... 48 hours from now we'll be headed home... so we've got to enjoy the last little bit all we can.

Hi Erika - Do you have any pictures of the inside of your villa at OKW? You mentioned it was extremely roomy, are all of you sharing the unit? I am considering this maybe instead of CSR next time, we may take my parents with us. Thanks!

No, I didn't take any pics, but I'm sure there are tons of them over at allears.net the units are really big, I think someone told me once they are 1200 sq ft. I'd take some pics for you but it is a MESS in here. ;)

I'm sitting here pondering the Bounceback... hmmmm... anyone have an opinion? We are considering Fall Break (last week of October) but I have no idea where we want to stay. It's tough once you've already stayed everywhere and like them all. ;) Part of me really wants to go back to AKL, another part of me loves the BC, then I think about the WL and how we haven't stayed there in several years. Of course the Poly is my favorite, hmmmm.... what to do. :confused::confused3:idea::cloud9:

Hi Erika!:goodvibes
It sounds like a great day today. It is sad that it is almost over.:sad2: To cheer you up, I think that you should do the bounceback.:thumbsup2 Let us know what resort you choose.:rotfl:

I'm sitting here pondering the Bounceback... hmmmm... anyone have an opinion? We are considering Fall Break (last week of October) but I have no idea where we want to stay. It's tough once you've already stayed everywhere and like them all. ;) Part of me really wants to go back to AKL, another part of me loves the BC, then I think about the WL and how we haven't stayed there in several years. Of course the Poly is my favorite, hmmmm.... what to do. :confused::confused3:idea::cloud9:

Its always easier to leave when you have you next trip planned/booked.

No, I didn't take any pics, but I'm sure there are tons of them over at allears.net the units are really big, I think someone told me once they are 1200 sq ft. I'd take some pics for you but it is a MESS in here. ;)

Wow! That is roomy. Two years ago we got two rooms at Pop when my son brought a friend and there were five of us, this sounds like a better solution. Thanks.

wow! wow! wow! I am loving the live play by play...thanks so much, your pictures are amazing!!!! Keep em comin' so sad to hear you soon leaving....

So the bounceback? what exactly is that?

We are going on our first WDW trip in under 2 weeks.:yay:

We have never seen Illuminations or Fantasmic...Are they worth the effort?? Any ideas where the best viewing places are?? My DH will never sit for hours waiting...any ideas?? I do have dinner at Mama Melrose's on Sunday, but they were out of the special seating passes/dinner combos....Anything you can offer will be helpful.

Thanks!!! I can hardly wait for our trip to start!!!:goodvibes

is Bay Lake tower out of the question if not go for it:banana:

Or go with the Poly:cloud9:

EDIT: I think the safest bet is the Poly because u dont know how people will like BLT yet

Fantasmic is hard to see these days. In the 10 days of being here I think it only showed twice and we didn't even see it at all. :( But if you can I would highly recommend it! :thumbsup2

We saw Illuminations last night... it was great as always. Another one not to miss. Tonight we end the trip with Wishes!! :goodvibes

Now we are headed to MK and the Pooh Breakfast before the park opens!! :)

I'll have MK crowd updates soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter