The Murphys are LIVE from the BC and GF!!! July 25-August 3, 2015

The HP stuff looks amazing! Thanks for posting all these photos!

I do have a question about changing your dinner ADRs -- is there a penalty now if you want to switch from one restaurant to another? It's been a few years since I've been to WDW and I thought that they were now taking a deposit for every ADR. I'm curious since we often change our minds (it's kind of hard to know what you want to eat 6 months in advance ;) ).

The HP stuff looks amazing! Thanks for posting all these photos!

I do have a question about changing your dinner ADRs -- is there a penalty now if you want to switch from one restaurant to another? It's been a few years since I've been to WDW and I thought that they were now taking a deposit for every ADR. I'm curious since we often change our minds (it's kind of hard to know what you want to eat 6 months in advance ;) ).
I have never had a problem switching or canceling an ADR last minute. You just have to talk to a castmember so they can help you. It isn't possible to cancel an ADR the same day by using the app or website. So you can do it over the phone or face to face. The penalty fee is more for no shows. But as long as you talk to someone and get it straightened out before your reservation time you will be fine. :) I think Disney realizes that things can change, I've never been told no or had any issues at all. :)

If its not a pain to do so, can you tell me what the hours are for the food offerings?

I have the letter upstairs that I can snap a picture of to show the times. :) But off the top of my head I know coffee starts at 6:30 AM, breakfast from 7:00-10:30 AM. Snacks from 11:00-4:00. Evening appetizers 5:00-7:00. Desserts from 8:00-10:00. :)

The lounge does close, door locked, between these serving times. Also it is now locked overnight. No more access to snacks and drinks after 10:00 PM. Down in the lobby the Marketplace is open until Midnight. After Midnight your only option is the 24-hour cafeteria over at the Dolphin. Or the pop machine in the "secret" laundry room. ;)

I usually grab some drinks to keep in our room fridge for late night returns from the parks. :)

Actually that snack time might be 11:30. I'll check the letter in a bit. :) I currently being thoroughly entertained watching my 16 year old battle all you can eat crab legs. :rotfl:

The lounge does close, door locked, between these serving times. Also it is now locked overnight. No more access to snacks and drinks after 10:00 PM. Down in the lobby the Marketplace is open until Midnight. After Midnight your only option is the 24-hour cafeteria over at the Dolphin. Or the pop machine in the "secret" laundry room. ;)

Thanks for sharing, I'm really enjoying following along!

Where's the secret laundry room? There's a pop machine in it?

Oh we're here now too! Rainy day at AK today. Chilling in our room now but probably heading to MK for parade and fireworks. We're staying at VWL (also with two reenagers plus an 11 year old.

Love your report!

42 days!!! We are doing Cape May also. Do you tip turn down service?

It depends. The last two nights we have skipped turndown because we didn't need anything. Sometimes if we take showers in the afternoon after our room has already been cleaned for the day then we will definitely need turndown service to refresh the towels for morning. Also it's nice to have them come if you have appetizer plates in your room. But on days where we haven't really done anything to our room we find we don't really need to bother with it. The last two days they have come around 5:00 pm which isn't a good time for us. We tend to always be in our room. I really prefer turndown around 7:00 if I'm going to have it. But I'm getting off track. Tipping of course is voluntary , for the morning I leave about $3-$4. Evening maybe $2 if anything. I base it off what we've done to our room to make extra work. Like if we have a birthday party in our room with a lot of extra mess I would leave more. Sometimes if we are gone all day I won't even be back in time to leave anything for the turndown person. So I guess the best advice is to go with your gut. :)

Oh we're here now too! Rainy day at AK today. Chilling in our room now but probably heading to MK for parade and fireworks. We're staying at VWL (also with two reenagers plus an 11 year old.

Love your report!

I hope the rain stays away for you guys to enjoy your night! :)

Thanks for sharing, I'm really enjoying following along!

Where's the secret laundry room? There's a pop machine in it?

I haven't been down there this trip to confirm it , but before there was a pop machine in there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter