The Much Anticipated Bubba's Mom's Pictorial Trip Report To Universal-June 2007

Hey Bubba's Mom,

Great trip report so far, I feel as if I was right there with you.....oh wait, I was there the same time as you :rotfl:

I think I saw you & your family in MIB on the day it broke down and you were waiting. We had just gotten past the last EP check when it broke down. Slowly the people in front of us were leaving so we were able to move up and when I was looking around I thought I recognized your son from your pictures but I wasn't sure. Well, what do you know, it was you. We didn't stick around either because we figured we'd just come back later.

I just went to your myspace page to see the videos and I was shocked to see that your son trains with ATA. SO DON'T WE!!! :goodvibes My oldest DD is a 3rd degree and my other DD, my DS and myself are 2nd degrees. As a matter of fact, we first went to the karate worlds in Little Rock before driving to Universal at the end of June. Does your son compete in tournaments? We are heading to NJ this weekend for a tournament.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.

oh my gosh..... my homepage is out :eek: well, it was a nice little secret..... :rolleyes1 glad you are all enjoying it.

ATA--yep...that was us on the steps to MIB. We also left cuz we figured we had a lot of time left to ride!! How funny you should see us! You shoulda said somethin'.... ;)

Bubba has another year till 2nd degree test...he started TKD a couple months after he turned 4. He's 8 now and enters 3rd grade next month. We have done a couple of tournys, but he's not really into "the big picture" type deal. I work Saturdays, so I usually have to schedule off, which makes my Friday crazy and I'm exhausted Saturdays. He lets us know if he wants to compete, but it doesn't seem to be "his thing" :confused3

I was going to try to do Day 3 yesterday, but didn't get around to it...sorry. Will most likely do it tomorrow....:thumbsup2 I will try....but NO promises :laughing:

After Suess Landing, DS said it was time to "ride the Dragons!" So, we headed that way, stopping by Poseidon, but it wasn't running ..... dunno why? "Sorry bud, another time....." Bubba decided to grab a bite at Fire Eater's Grill .... DH decided to grab a beer.... MENU 1 and MENU 2 Not much of a selection, but he said his chicken fingers were "okay".... There is seating around the side, and after the people near us would just NOT stop feeding the looming pigeons, we went under the bridge right there to wait for DS to finish the rest of his last chicken finger and couple of fries. I don't understand why people feel they have to feed these birds....the food is not healthy for them and I really was in no mood to get crapped on! I was a little loud voicing my displeasure to the family who's kid was throwing the rats fries...but, the parents told him to stop, he didn't listen, parents didn't reinforce.....no wonder the kid don't listen!

Hey, I'm still here! And I know you're going to think I'm loony that out of your whole TR so far, this paragraph excited me the most!

We used to love to go to Capt. Quints to split a chicken finger basket. Then, Capt Quints turned into Boardwalk Snacks and was relegated to the far end. They used to have chicken fingers, but then went to nasty fried chicken on the bone. Mike is going to be THRILLED they still have boneless chicken tender baskets somewhere. I know, it's the little things. Thanks for schooling me on this!

You're welcome....and notice DH's beer in the pic? :rolleyes1 He wanted me to be sure to get THAT in the picture :rotfl:

and did mjfan do a trippie yet............:rolleyes1
hey homie tammy :yay:

No trippie from me. :guilty: I didn't even take a camera. One of my sisters did. If I get a digital copy of her pics soon, I'll post a trippie just for you. :flower3: I hope you're having a good day, BTW. :hug:

No trippie from me. :guilty: I didn't even take a camera. One of my sisters did. If I get a digital copy of her pics soon, I'll post a trippie just for you. :flower3: I hope you're having a good day, BTW. :hug:

i've missed you and so have the homies!

AwesomeTR! The pictures and video are EXCELLANT! For a newbie like me who is still planning their 1st trip in Dec this is great. You show so much other stuff that isn't normally shown. Thanks and looking forward to your next installment of your TR. . . .

Okay, so I'm sorry for taking a week to get Day 3 out, but I was really busy and tired and I just kept gettin' sucked into different conversations here and such...... (see what I mean?) So, without further delay.......

DAY 3

Which is Thursday, June 28th......

We stayed up late the night before because the forecast was calling for 70% chance of rain/showers/storms today. We had every intention of sleeping in. So, imagine my surprise when DH rolls over and whispers in my ear at 7am! (Which is WAAAY TOOOO early to get up on vacation....well, on MY vacation anyway!) "If you want to go to the parks early, today is the day to do it.....it's sunny outside." Now, I had wanted to go to the parks early one day to ride front of Hulk (which, I've never done) and go thru the regular line on MIB (I wanted to see the 'worm guys' that aren't in the EP line.) So, I grunted and rolled outta bed and into the shower. My goal was to be at the turnstiles by 8am (for AP holders entry), but, of course, THAT didn't happen! We arrived about 8:20am to IOA and encountered 2 long lines. One on the left, one on the right. I went to the TM to inquire about early entry for AP holders and was told his turnstile was locked, to go over to the other line. Ooookkkaaayyyy.... we go over to the other line, and they told us to go back over to the other line. :mad: Now, wth?!? Just at that moment, a TM was walking a lady back over to the first line telling her they would assist her with her early entry. So, being in the same boat, I followed them and told the TM, "oh good...we need that assistance too." She told me to go to Guest Services. Now, I'm an AP holder, and this is our 3rd trip to UO (and staying onsite) within 1 year. We are getting :furious: . So, DH goes to Guest Services while Bubba and I wait by the entrance. He got to the window and the lady told him to go back to the far left turnstile and when he told her we were there, and the other turnstile, she told him to "hold on" and went to "go check on it". She never came back. There is no smilie icon to describe how furious DH was. This was rude, unacceptable behavior...not 1 single TM tried to help us...they kept "passing us off" onto other TM's....who couldn't help either!! By this time, it is all but 8:30 and I know they will open turnstiles any minute. We went back to the far left line, where we went thru the turnstile that the TM was using, which was a 'handheld' scanner to scan tickets....didn't finger scan. (This was the turnstile that was locked...why he didn't handscan us in 10 minutes ago is beyond me?) So, if you hold an AP, and want in IOA at 8am, you want the line on the left. :thumbsup2

Okay, beelined it for Hulk, we shoved our stuff in the locker and went to entrance of Hulk. TM waved us thru for EP, but I said, "No thanks...we're here to ride the FRONT row while there's no wait." He just chuckled at us and let us thru. There wasn't that much to see in the regular queue line, so we aren't missing much there. We walked right onto Hulk -- front row! :woohoo: It was so early yet, we almost had the entire coaster to ourselves :laughing: After our awesome ride, (which, being early, no photos yet), we went right back on...front row again! Done again...went back on again! Walked right on 3rd time in a row and, if you're keepin' track, that's 3 rides in a row on Hulk in less than 10 minutes!! Totally cool and absolutely worth it! :thumbsup2

Now, the plan was to go thru regular line at MIB...so, we headed toward Port of Entry to leave for the Studios. When we got to the intersection of POE we looked at the board and the wait time for Hulk said 10 minutes...altho I could see the line growing, maybe the front row was 5 or 10 minute wait, but not the other rows :confused3 HOWEVER, we DID notice DD wait time was only 5 minutes... :scratchin ....well, we headed that way!

Didn't take much time to get there, since the park was still pretty empty in Lost Continent. We did EP and did front row on Fire with hardly any wait and when we exited, used the "shortcut" to go back for front row of Ice. We only waited 1 or 2 trains for front row each time...it was wonderful! (...and we even remembered what locker we stowed our camera in this time ;) ).

After conquering the Dragons, it was now about 9:30 and we set off toward the Studios, but not without a quick "spin" on Cat in the Hat first ;) .

Well, now it's time to head to MIB. Off we go......

I didn't check the time we arrived at MIB,but we had a little trouble getting in. Once Bubba saved the planet, we got into the regular line so I could see the worm guys in the queue. It was a rather lackluster queue, with the hilight being the worm guys.... WORM 1 WORM 2 WORM 3 (I've never been thru the regular queue because we've always stayed onsite and had EP.) These were the lines we encountered at MIB this early. MIB 1 and MIB 2and MIB 3. We boarded MIB (TWICE!)....each time getting Galaxy Defender (great scores!) DH got over 500,000 by himself, while Bubba got 197,000+ and I got 300,000 something. EXIT OF RIDE

After MIB, it was just about 11am, so we decided to head to Terminatorto see if we could catch the next show. When we got there, the TM at the door said the next show was at 11:30am. Bubba and I sat on a planter outside and waited for DH to go potty and then we'd discuss our next move. While sitting there waiting for DH, I noticed the TM telling people the next show was in a half an hour, HOWEVER, if you had an EP, she was letting you in! WOOHOO!! :woohoo: Okay, DH....hurry up back! :hyper: So, he came around the corner, and I said, "Let's go." He was like :confused3 and after we showed our EP's, I explained what I saw while waiting for him while walking through the long, empty queue area. (Kinda felt bad for the people sitting outside in the heat waiting while we were waiting in the air conditioning! ....NOT!!!) And speaking of waiting, we did have a brief wait inside (next show was 30 minutes, remember?) And I did overhear a Mom behind me with her kids. They were complaining about waiting and she reminded them they were lucky to have the EP and not having to be waiting outside in the heat....she was great with them! Every complaint they threw out there, she countered with a "positive"...that is a good vacation experience! Ok, back to "me" now..... We sat in the 5th row of Terminator show, on recommendation of the DIS, and it IS a good spot to be in! I do recommend this row over the others I've been in. We've been toward the back and it's just not as good.

After Terminator, I wanted to stop at Shrek and Jimmy Neutron on the way out to lunch. It was now about noon, and the standby line for Jimmy Neutron was 60 minutes! :eek: Shrek was a little less crowded, so we EP'ed it. While we were standing there, we decided that even the Shrek line was longer than we wanted to wait, and hopped outta line and left the Studios via Nickelodeon Way (toward Blue Man Group theater), checking out that hour wait in the JN queue as we walked by.

So, we walked past the BMG theateron our way out to CityWalk and took some picturesof the BMG grounds. BMG 1 and BMG 2

Since we didn't eat at NASCAR Grille yesterday, we decided to head over there for lunch....after snapping some pictures in front of the Universal globe.

We got to NASCAR Sports Grillewith no wait inside nor "outside". The NASCAR bar and tables. Another pic of restaurant. The boys arguing over what channel to watch...sports or Cartoon Network? Looks like it's sports..... TV's everywhereand some neat pictures on the wall too..... early Earnhardt and old Daytona. Bubba had the kid's pizza, which we both thought was pretty durn good! DH had a burger and I, not being very hungry, had queso dip...which was yummy and more than I could eat....I shared w/ the boys!

We bought the picturethey took of us. It was $12 for the 3x3 picture in the 5x7 frame, or you could get a bobblehead or keychain. I forget the price of the those though. They do NOT take charges of any kind, credit card OR to the room...cash only! They will hold it if you don't have it and want to pick it up later, but I managed to find the cash in my bag (much to our surprise!) I think it's a "hired" company and they work there...not a part of UO.
We didn't forget to take advantage of the photo op they have there either.... DS w/group and DS. And, of course, DHdidn't want to feel left out!

Okay, since we were now full, and there weren't any thrill rides nearby :laughing: AND we were up early, as we left NASCAR Grille, we decided to head to the pool for a bit. Playing at the pool. Playing in the pool. And, I decided to catch up on some zzzzz's.

After a half hour (or was it an hour?), we got a call from DBIL that they were almost there, so we decided to go upstairs and get dressed (it was nearly 5pm), by that time, they'd be here. After a short while, DBIL and the family arrived and called us with their room number. We went over to meet them....

Now, this is where the cast adds on. Grab yer pencil and try not to get too confused.....

Rick = DBIL (younger bro of DH)
Michele = wife of Rick
Ricky = 12 yo son of Rick (duh)
Corinne = 12 yo daughter of Michele
Casey = 10 yo daughter of Michele

(Big) Rick a/k/a "Grumpy" = Michele's Dad
Donna = Michele's Mom
Nana = Michele's 83 yo Grandmother (lives w/ Mom & Dad)

Carly = Michele's sister from OH
Colin = Carly's husband
Ryan = 8 yo their son
Zack = 5 yo their son
Ally = 4 yo their daughter

....and yes, if you add all them up, PLUS US 3, you get a party of 16! :faint:

They were supposed to stay at PBH that night, but somehow got a room at RPR, but they were being switched to a different room the next day. :confused3 They were in room 2517 with this view. They had just gotten there, and the kids all wanted to swim in the pool. Oookkaaayyy....we were just there and had I known, we would have stayed there! So, back down to the pool we go, not out to eat, like I was thinking we were going to do. They ordered some snacks from the menu at the Bula Bar. MENU 2 and MENU 3 and MENU 4 and MENU 5 and MENU 6 and MENU 7 and MENU 8 and MENU 9.

After about 30-45 minutes, they all decided to head to Margaritaville for dinner. Now, I have an idea how long it takes 14 people to get ready for dinner (not DH & I cuz we were already ready earlier when they arrived). So, after awhile (about 30 min./not bad), we make our way to Margaritaville and get exactly what I expected..... 2 hour wait! :sad2: I don't eat late like that, and I know better than to go to eat at City Walk 7pm or later w/o a reservation....PLUS being a party of 16.... :headache: Somehow, DBIL got our 2 hour wait down to 45 minutes. So, they gave us a beeper and told us at least 1 person from our party had to be in line to reserve our spot. So, DH, DBIL, Colin, Grumpy, Donna & Nana stayed in line (and consumed copious amounts of alcohol), while I took the 4 kids (mine & DBIL's) to IOA, while Michele and her sister went to get their APs renewed. So, I have the 4 kids by myself.... now, Ricky gets motion sick, so he doesn't ride the coasters or Cat in the Hat (but loves Spiderman & MIB....I don't get it? :confused3 ) And Casey isn't tall enough for the Hulk, but Corinne and Bubba are....and this one wants to do that, and those two want to do this.... :faint: ....Made me remember why I only have ONE kid ;) So, I say we do whatever "majority vote" is. We ended up on Spiderman. Well, we are buzzin' thru the EP line and, them being kids, are trying to figure the seating arrangement. Of course, Casey wants to sit next to Aunt Barb and so does everyone else. I said the 4 of them could sit together and I'd sit by myself, but they weren't goin' for it. I told them to figure it out, but the rule was "no kid sits single/alone". Ended up Casey & I sat behind Ricky, Corinne & Bubba. An enjoyable ride.....as usual!

Now what to do?? Again...."majority vote"... well Ryan & Corinne lost out on the Hulk thing...altho, I would have sent them together, but they didn't want to go just "themselves". So, we went to Cat in the Hat. Ricky and I waited at the exit for them to finish their ride. Just as they were finishing, DH called to say our table was ready at Margaritaville!

We got 2 tables upstairs for dinner. VIEW from upstairs. And, another view and this view also. View of the upstairs bar. Bubba took thispicture of plane and this picture of the volcano.
Now, I know you want to see what we all had to eat....dontcha? :goodvibes Well, let's start with the signatureCheeseburger in Paradise and my turkey club and my turkey club WITH my souvenir glass that came with my 20oz. margarita...(Oddly enough, it's a good thing it was a souvenir glass, because if it weren't, we were going to make it one....if ya know what I mean ;) ) I do believe this was kids chicken and pasta & chicken something or other...really not sure who had it or what it is?! Somebody's onion rings and Colin's ribs (well, not his ribs, but the ones he ordered to eat off the menu!) I believe this was my son's grilled cheese and Ricky's spaghetti/pasta. Here's DH drinking from his "souvenir" bottle...which, did make it home with us! I think we should have more pictures, but there must have been duplicates or DH just missed some (he was taking the food pix tonight, not me..... boy, I have him trained well, don't I?)
After Bubba took this pictureand this picture too,I took his picturebefore we left. I know you're probably pretty ticked at me for making you look at those pix he took, but hey! .... you looked and that's what happens when you give an 8 year old a camera! :lmao: On our way out, I redeemed my coupon for free gift.....got a mousepad with beach scene w/ palm trees and chairs and "Margaritaville" logo on it....we use it for the laptop mouse.

We had a nice walk back to the RPR and the kids got a ride from those rickshaw people we all talk about. So, they beat us there and were playing around on the beach waiting for us. (Why they dropped them all the way down there, I don't know!?) PIC and PIC.

I was ready for bed, DH was "feeling pretty good" and he and some of the family went downstairs to Jake's Bar for some nightcaps. Bubba hit the hay and I got ready for bed. Just finished typing the "daily" TR when he "came home". To summarize today: the parks were empty in the morning....practically had the place to yourself! and we noticed lines starting building about 10:30ish.

Oh, and remember that 70% chance of rain/storms/showers we were supposed to get today, that we didn't, and caused me to get up early??? Not one single stinkin' drop of rain all day! The wettest we got was on Hulk and Spiderman.....now, what does that tell ya??

.....tells me you should stay tuned for Day 4....DISmeet day.......

great report,, bubbas mom i give you alot of credit traveling with 16 ppl...i have a hard enough time with my own family of 5...so if we have express pass we can wait inside for Terminator..that is good to know..also the ep lines for Shrek and Jimmy neutron were very long...how long??getting excited as we are leaving Monday...thanks and keep the report coming...looking forward to the next day(with all 16 pple)

What a group you had gathered! Our last few Orlando vacations we had 10 or more family members. I very much enjoyed our family vacation this past time (just me, DH and DSs). :rolleyes1

You were a brave women to juggle that many and varied age/size kids! :scared:

It sounds like a fun time was had by all... looking forward to more...

nymomof3...they don't post wait times for EP lines, but when you are used to walking right up and getting in the next show/on the next ride, we realized the amount of people in front of us..we'd be waiting. Now, mind you, this was at noon...worst time of the day to be at JN & Shrek....avoid them from 10:30-1:00pm if at all possible....if you have EP, you'd have to look at the line to gauge wait time.

I didn't organize all 16 of us. We go down, and DBIL comes w/ his crew. Well, DBIL's wife's parents live about 20-30min away, so they always come too. It just happened this year, her sister from OH was down too. It was great fun at times, and other times it took forever to figure out who was going where and doing what..... :rolleyes:

Glad you all are enjoying my trip.... I enjoyed it too!:thumbsup2

Another great entry:thumbsup2

When you started out w/DH rolled over & whispered in your ear; i wasn't sure where that was going...:scared: :laughing: .

I've learned 3 things from this entry:

1) Buffet's has an upstairs - who knew?:cool1:

2) MIB non express line has the cute 'lil aliens, wondered where they were? Just watched a program Theme Park Secrets on Travel Channel today that had a bit on MIB, Spiderman, Dueling Dragons & Hulk!

3) Beware next entry;) no more candid DIS meet shots i hope.:lmao:

Another great entry:thumbsup2

When you started out w/DH rolled over & whispered in your ear; i wasn't sure where that was going...:scared: :laughing: .

I've learned 3 things from this entry:

1) Buffet's has an upstairs - who knew?:cool1:

2) MIB non express line has the cute 'lil aliens, wondered where they were? Just watched a program Theme Park Secrets on Travel Channel today that had a bit on MIB, Spiderman, Dueling Dragons & Hulk!

3) Beware next entry;) no more candid DIS meet shots i hope.:lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: what happened to:

"planning on savoring it....like a fine chianti ;) " :confused3

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: what happened to:

"planning on savoring it....like a fine chianti ;) " :confused3

best laid plans of mice & (wo)man...:lmao:

did more of a cliff note review (afraid i'd miss something;) ), shall peruse all the pics later:thumbsup2

Interrupted by family whining "what's for dinner" nothing simmering on the stove - they never seem to stop eating; yet gain no weight.:confused3 Guess i better start digging in the freezer.

The other hilarious part of the show, is the interpreter for the hearing impaired. She sits up front just off-stage, and boy did they have fun with her! Some of the signs were practically X-rated.... Some of the "signs" for what they were saying, had everyone rolling in laughter! I mean, the audience, the interpreter AND the peeps puttin' on the show. I didn't find it too "PG13" and Bubba laughed at all the jokes...even tho most of them went over his head! Not a show I could see over and over, but I would like to be sure to catch it each time.

Since I am still a "Newbie", I have no idea if I did this right, but I've gotta say, I really enjoy your thread. :goodvibes
I have only gotten to Day 1 (since I am at work and SUPPOSED to be working:rotfl: ). My DD is an ASL student at Bloomsburg University - you would know, since you are from PA, too - I can't wait to show that to her, she will get a kick out of it.
Gotta love those Tastycakes - love the chocolate juniors the most, but I have never met one I didn't like...........lol.
Can't wait to come to work tomorrow and read the rest of your trippie.

well...not anything you don't want to remove anyway..... you have to begin with:
[ quote ]
and end with
[ /quote ] (minus the spaces)

......and I didn't know Todd was reading my TR....being ghostly, eh? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter