• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Mr & Mrs do disney Nov/Dec 09 - UPDATE : can the last one out turn the lights off

Hey Jojo!!!

Driving at night is a horse of a different color!! LOL wait till you drive in the rain, and the the rain at night. It is good that you got night time practice though, I never did and when I first started driving I was a nervous wreck at night.

Backstreet Boys!?!?! Wow, blast from the past. I was always a N*Sync fan, I love Justin Timberlake, and he's hilarious when he's on Saturday Night Live!!

I haven't gotten my Disney mail yet either. I called yesterday and was told it was sent out somewhere around 10/27, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today!!

LOL Shopping stash!! I've wanted to go and get out travelers checks, but Greg keeps telling me we should wait until the weekend before we leave. We decided on travelers checks because we're going to Disney with all cash, no credit cards. So we'll have $1000 and that large sum makes me nervous, so we have the added protection of the travelers checks which can be replaced if lost. Plus they're free from our bank!!! Anyway, I hope you got a good exchange rate, the pound is always stronger so that probably worked in your favor!!

What about driving in the snow...like when it is a whiteout!!!! That is super scary!!!!!

Are you guys bringing $1000 for just spending? Or, is that for your drinks, tips and everything?

I am going to have to go check in with our bank to see if TC are free for us too! And $1000 is our goal to take too, not too much, not too little... hopefully we won't spend it all!

I want to ask you also...is the $1000 for just souvies??? Or, is that for all of the spending you will be doing...tips, extra activities, drinks, whatever??? I'm asking you guys because I am wondering if I'm trying to budget too much? I never remember how much we bring from trip to trip.

I want to ask you also...is the $1000 for just souvies??? Or, is that for all of the spending you will be doing...tips, extra activities, drinks, whatever??? I'm asking you guys because I am wondering if I'm trying to budget too much? I never remember how much we bring from trip to trip.

$1000 is for souvies, Madi's meals (if we need to buy her one here or there)... I think that's it... Madi's haircut too! We've got a Disney Gift Card with $200 on it that we will use as our "tip card" for our meals. I thought $500 was cutting it too close for comfort, and I think $1000 is too much... but I'd rather be safe! Also, Shamus will have a paycheck direct deposited on our last full day, so if there are any "extras" not accounted for, we'll have that to fall back on at check-out.

$1000 is my goal too. I'm approximating about $500 to cover drinks, tips, out-of-pocket meals or snacks, and the other $500 for souvenirs.

Then toss in the rental car ($500) and ECV for 5 days ($250), the total that I need in my bank account on Dec. 1st will be $1750. Between Ron and my paychecks, plus I'm getting birthday/Christmas money before we leave, I'm predicting we'll reach our goal and then some, as long as I can manage to control my spending between now and then. :laughing: I made a shopping list last night of all the little last minute things I still need to pick up, so as logn as I stick to that and stay away from McDonalds for the next 3 weeks, we should be good good to go! :goodvibes

I'll definately give them a call tonight when i'm home from work. Please can someone tell me what's in the packet? I've never booked through disney us before so i'm not too sure what I should be asking for? :confused3

Here's the link to an active thread on the Theme Park board (if I posted it correctly). Someone posted photos of the contents of their "Mickey Mail". If I posted it wrong, you should still be able to find it. I think the thread title is What's in a Disney Packet?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2313679

Hi everyone, sorry i've not updated in a while - been quite hectic the past few days! I've just got in from a Backstreet Boys concert - OMG i love those guys :love: :love: had such a brilliant night :banana: <----- that's me dancing at the concert :laughing:

I also ordered our currency today :wizard: So i'll have my shopping stash at the ready - ooohhhh yeah baby! :woohoo:

I've been getting quite a few christmas presents so most of what is left to buy is things i'm getting in disney :thumbsup2

Had my first 'evening' driving lesson last night - what an eye opening experience that was :lmao: I normally have my lesson at 8.30am on a saturday for 2 hours but have added an extra lesson for the next few weeks leading upto my test.

We still havent received our disney mail :sad2:

Ho JoJo :flower3:
OMG you went to a Backtreet boys concert? Ooooh Im so jelouse, I :love: them! did you take any pics?
I hope you are doing good on your driving, I still think it is scary, thats why I have my boyfriend drive :confused3

Hey JoJo! :goodvibes

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats on 3 WEEKS!! :cool1:

I am leaving tomorrow, so I will talk to you when we get back. Have a great week!

Yay for 3 weeks!!!! :cheer2:

Backstreet Boys are still around? Aren't they almost in their 40's now? :lmao:

3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get your mail? I know you've been anxious about it. We are at 3weeks 1 day. feels unreal somehow. Like its sort of a dream and I'm gonna wake up and it will all be gone. I wanna go!!!!!! I have plans and adrs, and margarita party and I need this. Whoa that was scary. :scared1:

Hey Jojo!!!

Driving at night is a horse of a different color!! LOL wait till you drive in the rain, and the the rain at night. It is good that you got night time practice though, I never did and when I first started driving I was a nervous wreck at night.

Backstreet Boys!?!?! Wow, blast from the past. I was always a N*Sync fan, I love Justin Timberlake, and he's hilarious when he's on Saturday Night Live!!

I haven't gotten my Disney mail yet either. I called yesterday and was told it was sent out somewhere around 10/27, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today!!

LOL Shopping stash!! I've wanted to go and get out travelers checks, but Greg keeps telling me we should wait until the weekend before we leave. We decided on travelers checks because we're going to Disney with all cash, no credit cards. So we'll have $1000 and that large sum makes me nervous, so we have the added protection of the travelers checks which can be replaced if lost. Plus they're free from our bank!!! Anyway, I hope you got a good exchange rate, the pound is always stronger so that probably worked in your favor!!

Hey honey :hug: It was dark and rainy during my lesson and it was the time when all the kids were coming out of school so everywhere was crazy! But I survived :thumbsup2 Had another lesson this morning and it went well - not long until my test now, argh :scared1: Nope, we still havent got our mail yet - have you? Oh I love backstreet boys, always have and always will :love: Seen them in concert everytime they've been to the UK and actually met the guys during their first tour back in 1996 :cloud9:

We got half cash and half travellers cheques - the rate was quite good, a little bit higher than when we went last year for the wedding :yay:

Here's the link to an active thread on the Theme Park board (if I posted it correctly). Someone posted photos of the contents of their "Mickey Mail". If I posted it wrong, you should still be able to find it. I think the thread title is What's in a Disney Packet?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2313679

Thankyou so much :hug: :worship: I will have a good read of that thread!

Ho JoJo :flower3:
OMG you went to a Backtreet boys concert? Ooooh Im so jelouse, I :love: them! did you take any pics?
I hope you are doing good on your driving, I still think it is scary, thats why I have my boyfriend drive

Hiya :hug: They are brilliant arent they!! Yep, I took quite a few pics, i'll post them on here so you can have a nosey :thumbsup2 The driving seems to be going ok at the moment, i'm still a bit dodgy with some bits but it's getting there :wizard:

Oh and I hope you get your mickey mail soon

Hey JoJo! :goodvibes

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats on 3 WEEKS!!

I am leaving tomorrow, so I will talk to you when we get back. Have a great week!

Aww thanks honey! I did post on your thread, hope you are having a brilliant holiday and cant wait to hear all about it :hug:

Jo! Your ticker says 3 weeks, honey!

YaaaaaaY :dance3:

Yay for 3 weeks!!!!

Backstreet Boys are still around? Aren't they almost in their 40's now? :lmao:

:laughing: near enough :lmao:

woop woop to only having 3 weeks left hun bet you can't wait now.

Sooo excited :woohoo:

3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get your mail? I know you've been anxious about it. We are at 3weeks 1 day. feels unreal somehow. Like its sort of a dream and I'm gonna wake up and it will all be gone. I wanna go!!!!!! I have plans and adrs, and margarita party and I need this. Whoa that was scary. :scared1:

Nope, still no mail :sad2: the 3 weeks are gonna go sooo fast for us all! :yay:

Hiya :hug: They are brilliant arent they!! Yep, I took quite a few pics, i'll post them on here so you can have a nosey :thumbsup2 The driving seems to be going ok at the moment, i'm still a bit dodgy with some bits but it's getting there :wizard:

Yay I can't wait to see them :cool1: and good luck on the driving :thumbsup2

Hey everyone :grouphug: Hope you are all doing good and the plans are going well, not long for us all now :banana:

Our wedding videographer got in touch yesterday and sent us a sample of the ceremony section of our video :woohoo: We cried our eyes out!! It was beautiful :love: I can't wait to see the completed video :yay: So, the video had me reminiscing about our lovely day and looking through our photos. I hope you dont mind if I share some of them with you guys and our memories from the day :cloud9:

This is us looking all scrubbed up and polished in our villa at the Wilderness Lodge

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

a2.jpg

Me on my way to do our 'first look'

b1.jpg

Some photos from our first look - we were so excited to see each other as we had heard each other but not seen each other as we stayed in seperate parts of the villa whilst getting ready

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

c1.jpg

My bouquet :love:

c7.jpg

These are some of our fave shots that were taken in the grounds of the wilderness lodge :goodvibes

c8.jpg

c6.jpg

c5.jpg

c2.jpg

c14.jpg

Check me out in the photo below!! I am such a heffalump and normally HATE photos of myself, but I love this one, shows you that fatties can strike a good pose too :lmao:

c13.jpg

c12.jpg

c11.jpg

c10.jpg

Next it was time to jump in our ride & head over to the wedding pavillion :wizard:

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

We then had to split up and go into seperate little rooms before the ceremony - this was the point when my emotions took over me. I stood in the room all on my own and that's the only point during the day that I felt lonely. There were many personal reasons that led to us getting married abroad and my parents would have been there if they werent too ill to fly. They didnt want me to give up our dream wedding because of them and they are the one's that made all this possible and it was heart breaking to know they werent with me. But just then as my eyes started to fill up Randy our photographer came in and said 'have you seen the visitor outside your door' and it was this cutie

d6.jpg

I truly believe that that was my grandma's way of telling me everything would be fine and that we did the right thing. Someone was watching over us from above that day and I know it was her :lovestruc

Before I knew it, I heard Den's music start and it was time to walk down the aisle!

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

I stood outside the doors and then my music started and so did my tears, I could NOT control them this time and as the doors swung back - I couldnt believe my eyes, the pavillion was truly stunning and I saw Dennis standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me. It really did feel like a scene from a movie and yep, I cried ALL the way down the aisle!! How soppy am I!! :laughing:

e3.jpg

e11.jpg

I love this shot :love:

e4.jpg

The ceremony was beautiful and there were more tears from both of us :cutie:

e7.jpg

e6.jpg

e5.jpg

e8.jpg

e9.jpg

The kiss :cloud9:

e10.jpg

We're married and off to search for cake! :laughing:

e12.jpg

Some shots of our rings and decor :love:

d9.jpg

d7.jpg

d8.jpg

d11.jpg

d10.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter