The Movie Up

Went to see Up today and thought it was super cute!!! Can't wait for it to be out on DVD. Hoping the characters are still out in Sept., they should be. Also hoping they put the Bolt characters out in the parks.:goodvibes

We just saw it! What a good movie! We all really enjoyed it. We splurged and went to see it in 3D. Hope the characters are still at DHS in Oct/Nov!!

Just got back home from a day out with my DFamily...we went to see the movie UP and how super cute was that I just wanted to cry @ the enD!!!:grouphug:

I saw it yesterday with my 3 kids (4,6 &9). We all LOVED it. Didn't scare any of us and I thought it was more touching than sad. It just made me think of my loved ones and be grateful for what we have together. Great movie!!:thumbsup2

A PP mentioned a short at the beginning. we saw it at the Village Pointe Theaters in Omaha, NE in 3D on 5/29 and there was a small promo for Toy Story 3 at the beginning but there were no other trailers and there was no Pixar short like there has been at every other Pixar movie I've seen. I was very disappointed with that. Now someone mentioned a short so I am feeling like I got "shortchanged". Was there a short and trailers in your theaters???:confused3

We saw Up today. It was fantastic. We took our 8 y/o and 5 y/o and they really enjoyed it also. I think it could be the best movie that Pixar has made.

A PP mentioned a short at the beginning. we saw it at the Village Pointe Theaters in Omaha, NE in 3D on 5/29 and there was a small promo for Toy Story 3 at the beginning but there were no other trailers and there was no Pixar short like there has been at every other Pixar movie I've seen. I was very disappointed with that. Now someone mentioned a short so I am feeling like I got "shortchanged". Was there a short and trailers in your theaters???:confused3

At our theatre, they ran the trailer for Princess & the Frog before the 2D version (same one I'd seen on Disney Channel, that begins with the clips from Aladdin, BatB, TLK, etc.), and the teaser trailer for Toy Story 3 before the 3D version. (Also, a trailer for Eddie Murphy's "Imagine That," and different 2D and 3D versions of a trailer for "G-Force," the guinea pig spy movie.)

Both times, we saw the new Pixar short, "Partly Cloudy." Trying not to spoil it: it's about the Storks who deliver babies (of all species), and the Clouds who create those babies, and one particular Cloud/Stork duo responsible for all the "hazardous" baby animals. It's cute, and got a lot of laughs.

Our movie had thetrailer for THE Princess and the Frog, and the short film Partly Cloudy...No TS3

The movie was wonderful, saw it on the midnight show on Thursday/Friday night, no short at the beginning though, but it started a tad late so we got free movie passes, guess we will have to go again!

The only bad thing, the beginning made me so sad I barely could recover for the rest of the movie, but that is just because Carl and wife's story is so close to my own that it was like watching my own life played in front of me.

Still I will recommend it to anyone that will listen.

We saw it at an AMC theater in Highlands Ranch, CO in 3D and we didn't see a short either. In fact, that was one of the things that all three of us commented on when it was over.

I feel "shortchanged" too!!!!:sad1::sad1::sad1:

I really appreciate everyone's posts! I was so excited to see the movie then got worried when folks started to mention how sad it was (I'm an emotional wreck at times). But I feel reassured to see it and am so thrilled about possibly meeting the characters in August!! Thanks everyone!! :thumbsup2

Was there a short and trailers in your theaters???:confused3

I saw the 3D version at Cinemark Theatres. We had 3D previews for an upcoming Disney movie with guinea pigs (forget the name). There was also a 3D preview for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (looks really cool). Then there was a 3D "preview" (sort of an announcement) of Toy Story 3D. DD was so excited that the previews were in 3D. I think they just sold some tickets with that LOL. After the previews, the Pixar short, "Partly Cloudy" came on, which led right into Up.

I guess each theatre does things their own way.:confused3

I took my son with me to the drive-in the other night to see "Up" & "Hannah Montana." I LOVED "Up!" I want to go again tonight & see it! :thumbsup2 It definitely was a bit sadder than I thought it would be & was kind of surprised by it, but I still loved it. My son was more interested in his Scooby Doo movie on his DVD player, but he's only 3. He did get into it a few times, though. I hope the characters are still out in December! Carl needs a hug!!! I hope Disney comes out with a pin of his grape soda bottlecap. I'd so buy that!!

We love our Drive-In. $7 a carload for 2 movies! GREAT!!
:wizard:

We just got back from seeing UP today and it was such a wonderful movie!!! My boys loved it also and enjoyed the short film "Partly cloudy"--so cute!!! It was sad in some parts and I found myself wiping away the occasional tear--but it's definitely a must-see!!! We are hoping to see the characters during our trip in August.:thumbsup2

Okay so we went to see this movie yesterday and to be honest, I was surprised by the sad parts. Having said that, I think if you go into the movie knowing that there are some sad parts you'll be okay. My 10 & 7 YO's didn't seem to be bothered by those parts of the movie at all.

I would warn that if a family recently dealt with a passing family member that they might want to be a little more cautious of the movie otherwise it was a great family movie. We all loved the characters and the imaging was incredible. And the funny parts were super funny. Hope that helps!

Totally on our way to see it in an hour!!!!:3dglasses Anxious for some great lines to use on t-shirts for next weeks trip!

What a great movie!!! We saw it last night, my DH totally teared up for a good while afterwards. (I am more like Ellie than would seem prudent!) Thanks for the Cross your heart suggestion Robo! Have a couple of things in the works for next weeks trip, will take pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter