The most under-rated _______________ ?

cornflkgrl said:
I don't see a lot of comments about the Enchanted Tiki Room and given, I've only been to disney once back in the early 80's, this was my favorite. Does no one else like it??

I love the old Tiki Room, but I'm not a big fan of the Tiki Room's new managment. Sbella

MK- Definately TLTA I just love this ride. DD and I just sit and relax on it while DH goes on SpaMnt. And also CoP this has always been a favorite of mine. I can remember when they first added the 21 century onto it. I can remember thinking how far in the future it would really be until we actually had an oven that we could talk to and set a temp. for us. Now we have one that's acts like a fridge for our food until we want it cooked and at the right time will cook the food and the keep it warm for us. I am glad I got to experience it one last time before they close it for good!!!

I'm going to stand up for The Tikki Room-Under New Management. I always hear people slamming this show. I love it! I think it's very clever how the Imagineers payed tribute to the fact that old rides/shows are pushed out of the way for something hip/new/synergistic. By having Iago push his way in and not pray proper respect to the Tikki Gods he gets what's coming to him. Everytime I see this show I laugh, dance and get on my feet.

It also has one of the funniest jokes in all the World. At the very end of the attraction Iago says something about being tired and he's going to fly over to the HOP for a nap. Comic gold!

For all of you fellow AK fans -- if you haven't done it before, try going to Restaurantosauras for an 8 a.m. ADR on a day that the park opens at 9. Enjoy your breakfast, but be sure to be out of there by no later than 8:45. NOW -- enjoy a very special kind of magic while you have the "back half" of the park to yourself in the morning sunshine. We have always loved AK, but felt that we experienced it on an entirely new level when we did just what I've described. Those back walkways honestly felt like Asia, and like Africa, to us -- it was utterly, utterly amazing.

bleeps said:
For all of you fellow AK fans -- if you haven't done it before, try going to Restaurantosauras for an 8 a.m. ADR on a day that the park opens at 9. Enjoy your breakfast, but be sure to be out of there by no later than 8:45. NOW -- enjoy a very special kind of magic while you have the "back half" of the park to yourself in the morning sunshine. We have always loved AK, but felt that we experienced it on an entirely new level when we did just what I've described. Those back walkways honestly felt like Asia, and like Africa, to us -- it was utterly, utterly amazing.

I agree with you 100%. We did this on our last trip and it was beautiful walking around with no one else there. :Pinkbounc

Is it Tom Sawyers island in MK? You take a raft across the water. We go and enjoy Ice cream and relax. I hope it is still open

tinarena2000 said:
Is it Tom Sawyers island in MK? You take a raft across the water. We go and enjoy Ice cream and relax. I hope it is still open

Still there. Still the same.

Marypa - I agree with you. I was able to see the flag lowering ceremony for the first time last June and I was just about brought to tears. I can't believe in all the trips that I have made there that I had never seen that.

Dizfreak said:
I'm going to stand up for The Tikki Room-Under New Management. I always hear people slamming this show. I love it! I think it's very clever how the Imagineers payed tribute to the fact that old rides/shows are pushed out of the way for something hip/new/synergistic. By having Iago push his way in and not pray proper respect to the Tikki Gods he gets what's coming to him. Everytime I see this show I laugh, dance and get on my feet.

It also has one of the funniest jokes in all the World. At the very end of the attraction Iago says something about being tired and he's going to fly over to the HOP for a nap. Comic gold!

I totally agree.

I was very impressed with the "care" that was taken to add bits from the original show into the new one.

I always stay to the VERY END of Iago's closing bit as he "coaxes" everyone to LEAVE...

After Iago says his final line and disappears into the ceiling, Jose' (the parrot) caps the whole thing with his line (from the original show) "No one laid and egg... but ME!" (rim-shot).

Even though I still liked it, the old "original"show was really showing its age.
Folks, nobody wants to "sing like the birdies sing" anymore... they just DON'T... and the huge number of "walk-outs" proved it.
It always made me sad to see all the people that would just get up and walk out of that show.
I'm afraid that if the new one still won't "hold" 'em... there'll be another show that meets the Timekeeper and Cranium Command fate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter