• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The most MAGICAL trip report EVER! With Pics!

:cheer2: Congratulations! It sounds like a magical trip, really enjoying reading the reports! :thumbsup2

What a great report, we were at Pop the same time as you (checked in on the 26th). Keep it coming!

This is wonderful to read a report from people seeing it all for the first time. you have made me remember what it was like to first see fantasmic (their best night time show in my mind) or the castle or Mickey. I'm enjoying all of it even if you are making me cry.
Good luck and tons of pixiedust :wizard: for your new life together,
Claire xx

Hi Dis Family! Let me start off by saying that I’ve been blown away with all the wonderful comments on this report. It really is a pleasure to share our trip with you. It was truly a wonderful and memorable trip that I got to spend with the woman that I deeply love. I really did enjoy this trip and it was my honeymoon but I was more excited about Michelle going to WDW then I was for myself. The fact that I was able to take Michelle on the first “trip of a lifetime” for her was the best present I could have ever received. Her tears when she saw Mickey Mouse and were really magical. I’ve been skeptical about WDW for a long time and the so called magic there. To be honest I thought a lot of you were just crazy obsessed and needed help. I mean how special could a group of theme parks be? (Please don’t take that the wrong way) :confused3 But I ended up coming home from WDW only to start planning again! :yay:

Thank you for reading and I hope you continue to read. I’m sorry for taking so long to post day 3 but I’ve been so busy and it’s been hard to restart it but I will have it up Wednesday Morning in its entirety. Once again I’m thrilled I found this board before heading to the world. Never have I been attached to one website and the people on it. That is why I started off my post with “family” :grouphug:

Day 4 April 26, 2006 (Animal Kingdom)

Hi Dis Family! :wave2: I’m sorry that it has taken so long to post Day 3 but I’ve been very busy and haven’t had the time to do it. But here it is Day 3 on a wonderful honeymoon to the World for the first time.

Wednesday morning arrived too early. Don’t get me wrong but it was hard to get up this morning, even in the world! At this point we had walked and adventured through the magic kingdom and MGM. Disney World is gigantic and will wear you out. :p To make things harder the beds at POP were so comfy and we slept wonderfully every night. This is contrary to some reviews I’ve read on the dis but as I always say … Different strokes for Different Folks.

Anyway our goal for today was the Animal Kingdom. We got out of bed and finally woke up! After getting ready we headed down to the POP food court for breakfast. This place is a ZOO! Unbelievable! Everything just seems so impersonal. I’ve never been a big fan of food courts / cafeterias because of the lack of communication. Every thing is massed produced and pre made. My breakfast platter had already been made and sitting there 10 minutes before it was given to me. I understand the logic because of the massive crowds and demand but I guess I’m just a restaurant guy who likes the one on one attention from your waiter / waitress. The food here was ok. Not bad but Not good either. It gave us just enough engery to get to a park and eat the “better” food.

We jumped on the AK / Blizzard Beach bus. The bus became crowded very quickly and more than normal. I figured this was because of the two stops. Many people were in bathing suits and swimming trunks which I assume were for swimming. As we made the stop at BB no one got off. NOT ONE! The bus driver was surprised as well seeing that many were in bathing suits. Anyway off to the AK we GO! Upon arrival we head to the gate and go immediately to one of the Photo Pass photographers. This guy was so nice and went beyond just the stand and smile, he made us do all kind of poses because we were newly weds. (Get the dirty thoughts out of your mind, none of that here, we at least not at the park) ;) He had me pick her up, kiss each other and hold each other. The pictures turned out wonderful and I will share later on.

Upon entrance I was very excited. For some reason I was really looking forward to this park. I love nature and animals. The first part is nothing really exciting as you walk through various paths leading to birds and other wildlife. At first the park really didn’t seem “Disney”. With Disney you think larger then life attractions, colors everywhere, happy music playing everywhere. When we finally turned the corner I saw the tree. WOW! This sucker is huge and beautiful. The details of the animals were amazing and this felt like “Disney”. Michelle and I decided to start off the day with something exciting and fun. No walk through attraction or show but something to really get us going. I took her straight to “its tough to be a bug”. Now Disney has some awesome and very intricate waiting lines but this was the best to me. You walk through, around and on some of the tree of life. It was very entertaining to pick out the animal carved into the tree as we trekked along. We felt like little kids on a field trip. We finally got our glasses and sat down in the theatre. This attraction was absolutely wonderful. The graphics, the smells (yuck), being stung was all so fun and we really enjoyed this. Especially the part at the end where the bugs exit the theater. What a great start to the day and we had so much more.

After looking around, taking some pictures and admiring the atmosphere we headed to DINO land. This place reminds me of a state fair vamped up on steroids. Don’t get me wrong I love it but I think that’s the look the were going for. A Carnival type theme with dinosaurs. The only thing we really did here was the primeval whirl. While Fun I left this ride bumped up and bruised. A lot of twisting and turning. Being handicapped now we limped over to the ride “Dinosaur”. This ride is a blast and very dark. The T-Rex at the end was amazing and made Michelle scream so loud that it scared everyone in the car. Not to mention I was now deaf in one ear and losing hearing quickly in the other. I give this ride 9 out of 10. Very cool and wonderful themeing. Now saving the last dinosaur from extinction can take some energy out of you. So off to the food.

I smelled something really good and it turned out to come originate from Flame Tree Barbeque. This was a counter service meal and it was so good. The ribs were to die for and sitting area was pleasant with shading and ducks everywhere. After eating we picked up a FP for Kilimanjaro Safarisand took the train over to the conservation station. Nice train ride but nothing here really interested me expect the animal hospital where you can see through the window. Michelle loved this place and had a blast. I just kind of went along and anticipated the safari and the YETI!

Once again the best part of this trip was seeing Michelle truly enjoy herself and have fun. She was making up for things she couldn’t do as a child and was having a ball. Seeing her just amazed by everything around her was 110% satisfaction for me and Disney is to thank for it. WOW it really is magic. I’m expecting just regular, Disney themed theme parks with characters running around in a rampage but this place had a way to pull the kid out of you and bring back that feeling that imagination and dreams were the most important things in life. The AK was no different and we were loving it. It was around 1 pm but no mid day break here. AK had EMH this day but we had other plans for that evening.

After the station we headed straight to the safari. Even with a FP we waited 30 minutes but no big deal. After boarding the truck we were riding and just blown away by the detail of the layout. I had to keep pinching myself and remind my self that this was Orlando, the vacation capital of the world, NOT AFRICA. The animals were amazing and beautiful. Now I can see why this is one the more popular attractions in WDW. Also just a note. I’ve heard many people on this board refer to AK as a ½ days park. Maybe you just walked through and come right back out but there is so much to do and see here. I could easily see spending 2 days here to do everything. WE got to check out the monkeys, gorillas, and various other animals but now we were off to the part of the park I anticipated all day. EE was in sight and we were prepared! Upon walking we ran by Kali River Rapids. We didn’t have FP but jumped in anyway. The wait took forever. UGGGGHHHH! I came to the conclusion that if I didn’t get wet that this ride would suck. After waiting for eternity we climbed in our boats and headed down into danger. This ride was ok but to my dismay I got maybe a few drops at the most on me while the others were drenched. Disappointed we headed to go face to face with the YETI. At the entrance the line was really long and once again no FP. We knew we’d have to wait but then someone say our honeymoon buttons and offered 2 FP. WOW how awesome was that. What would have been an hour wait turned into hitting the front of the line. On the train we went and what a ride it was. The reviews have been good and I agree BEST RIDE AT WDW. We were so excited that we immediately got back in line and rode it again. We conquered the yeti twice in one day! What a honeymoon! After the getting off Disney “by chance” leads you straight into the gift shop as with every other ride. This time I had to buy me a t-shirt. Awwwwwweeeesome Experience!

Adrenaline rushing and the blood pumping we look at our watches and OH NO! Its 5 o’clock and the park is closing. But we don’t want to leave. At that moment I saw the line for EMH and was relieved. I wanted to do KALI again and hopefully get wet. We gave kali one more try and this time it didn’t disappoint. We got drenched and soaked. That time the ride was wonderful. We were so wet and miserable now that we decided to head out and back to the hotel room. Since we had an early evening we decided to do something special and head out on the town (DTD) We put some nice clothes on ( something other than shorts and t-shirt) and headed out. We had 9:00 reservations at Spoodles which was located at the boardwalk. My dilemma was how to get there. :sad2: I had two options. Either go to MGM and take the boat or EPCOT and take the boat. I knew MGM was already closed but I didn’t want to take the chance of missing a boat to the board walk to we went to EPCOT. I knew there was a boat but little did I know the boat was in the middle at EPCOT and you had to walk forever to get to it. We ran or walked very fast because it was now 8:30 and we were rushing to get to the boat dock. Upon getting to the deck a boat pulled up and we loaded on right before take off. This boat ride was so romantic. Dark, spring weather, the waves ahhhhh peace at last. WE pulled up to the dock at BW and this place was amazing. I loved it. So peaceful yet so active. We headed over to spoodles and were seated. I will not rant too much on this restaurant but this was the worst dining experience in WDW we had. The food was horrible, taste was bad and drinks were nasty. WE hated to have wasted a TS meal on this place. I was expecting so much more but was disappointed and tired. By this time it was 11:00pm and we were ready to crash. We headed through the BW lobby which was absolutely gorgeous and lovely. It was so nice and we were both impressed. We hopped on a bus to DTD which we then hopped right back on a bus to POP. Such a long and exciting day. Everything was magical except for Spoodles. But not even spoodles could destroy the wonderful and magical time Michelle and I were having. WDW was everything we imagined and so much more. We were both kids again and didn’t want to grow back up.

Congratulations to you both, what a great report. You make me feel like i am there with you and that i am reliving the 1st time i went to WDW. Some of the feelings you describe are exactly how i felt the 1st time i went. :cool1:

My eyes are filling up rading your stories they are wonderful , I also went to Disney for my honeymoon. It was also a magical experience.Good luck and Congratulations.

Great trip report!! We've been to Disney so many times but enjoy it like it was new each time. Our last trip my youngest son's GF came along and this was her first time on an airplane and her first time to WDW. It was even better experiencing it with someone new to the experience! Glad you see how easy it is to become addicted.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the ME - we used it on the last trip and found everything so easy! Took me five minutes to check in and we were on a bus in 15 minutes!

BTW, congratulations on your marriage and for adding the pixie dust for a happy beggining!

Just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your report. Congratulations on your marriage.:thumbsup2

It definitely sounds like you two are an "off season" type of couple so you can avoid any wait times and crowds. For a first trip, you experienced the full gamut of WDW and that's to be expected. Not everything is perfect but it is perfectly fun!Congratulations on your marriage. May you find WDW to be an excellent family vacation spot for years to come! :goodvibes

Congratulations! We are leaving for our WDW honeymoon in a week! :love: Your trip report is great, and so sweet. I just hope my honeymoon will be as magical as your's was.

I am taking my DS6 for the first time in June. Reading your posts makes me excited like the commercial, "I'm too excited to sleep!". I think I need to find some Benadryl b/c we have 34 more days and that's a looong time with no sleep!

Congrats on getting married! You are a great looking couple!

I agree that there is so much to do at AK and never understand why people say its a half day park :guilty: Loving your work as usual, will look out for more,
Claire xx

I love your trip report, but I need more! I have already gotten teary-eyed quite a few times. Vacations are such a great memory, yall should make an agreement that you go once a year somewhere just so that she will never go without a vacation again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter