The Most MAGICAL Trip Of Them All! "EVERYTHING'S PERFECT!" Oct. 2012 UPDATE 1/11

Yea for being back in Disney! I can't wait to see more pictures of CBR as I will be there in 25 days!

Yay! I have a few coming so stay tuned! :goodvibes

Thanks for the update! Great Photos ! :thumbsup2
Have you stayed at POFQ before? What is your opinion of the bus service at that resort?

Debbie

You're welcome! Thanks!

POFQ is hands down my favorite moderate resort. I love the theming. I love the design of the rooms. I love the pool, the food court, the gift shop, and the cast members. And the bus service is WONDERFUL because there is only one bus stop. I absolutely love it. Check out my Christmas trip report (It's in my signature) for POFQ reviews!

Great update! I am loving the Nemo rooms- so cute!

Isn't it great how the first few minutes at Disney can just change your mood entirely?:goodvibes

Thanks! Same here!

I know - it's like a miracle :)

Sorry your week was so stressful. I can definitely sympathise, when I was at school I had so much work it wasn't even funny, I swear I lived in the library! Even now I work I seem to be constantly stressed too haha. But yay for arriving at WDW Carribean Beach is so cute, I love the finding Nemo stuff, so cool! Looking forward to more! :)

That's alright... I'm getting used to it. :rolleyes: (kind of) I'm sorry school was stressful for you too! It is a cute resort - we liked it! Thank you!

Those rooms are so cute! Love Nemo!

I love them too!

im thinking that is a convient forget to pack warm sweatshirt so you have an excuse to buy a new one.:lmao::thumbsup2

we did have fun running through it made for an intersting rest of the evening. :)

Hahaha it very well could be. :laughing:

That's great!

I’m sorry school has been crazy for you. Hopefully it gets better!

I am so happy to hear that you liked AirTran! I’m taking them to Disney next month and I wasn’t sure how they would be, but I am glad you had a good experience with them.

OH THANK GOD AirTran is in Terminal B! I ALWAYS get lost trying to find the Magical Express.

I just love when the CMs give you a balloon or something when you check in. Makes me so happy! :-)

I love how there are so many Nemo decorations in the rooms!

I hope so!

Oh yes, we had a very good experience with them!

Me too!! I can't wait to be one of those CM's :banana:

I agree!

YAY Disney :cheer2:

WOOHOO!

I've read a lot of your trip reports before, definitely some of the best ones out there, but this will be the first one I'm reading before it's been completed. Can't wait for the next entry. Keep up the good work!

Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you've made your way over here! Will do! Thanks for reading!

So exciting to see pics of CBR! That's always been our favorite resort. Of course, we always rent a car so I can't comment on the bus situation. Jamaica is our preferred section too! We love the walk across the bridge. It's so peaceful. Can't wait to hear about this trip.

I'm glad you enjoy the pictures! It is a cute little resort. Thank you :)

I was just lurking on the Trip Reports as usual and stumbled upon this one, and love it so far! I actually arrived in Disney a day after you did (we might've ran into each other a few times)! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.

What an exciting trip! I too would be thrilled to get a Nemo balloon :goodvibes

Looking forward to all your trip and party details!

I have never seen a "towel Minnie", how cute! Looks like just a couple additional washcloths. :goodvibes

Well, it's 10 pages in, but I'm here! :laughing:

I had to finish reading your Christmas TR first. I didn't leave a comment over there, but it was a great ending to a great TR. I'm so glad that was such a wonderful trip for you and your family.

As for this one, why doesn't Disney make pink-dipped Mickey Rice Krispy Treats? I feel like that Goofy photo op is false advertising.

The Nemo balloon is totally adorable. I don't blame your inner 5-year-old for coming out. Mine would have done the same thing. ;)

Hooray for a great room location! Boo for terrible bus service. Disney's gotta work on that.

YAY Update :cool1:

Ugh, I'm sorry you had to get a roommate. Your dorm room was decorated so nicely. I'm glad you two get along though.

Isn't it just a tad bit ironic that you ate at a restaurant called "The Odyssey" after taking your test on ancient Greek and Roman plays. lol :goodvibes

The rooms at CBR look super cute!

-Amanda :cloud9:

I was trick or treating with my dd in the mall last night and I saw this sweater, thought of you/your frumpy friends. Now that I read the description, it's a reindeer and not a regular deer, but I still had to share :)
http://www.shopgarageonline.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13182688#colorId_1199215

Aww that's really cute! Love it. :thumbsup2

I was just lurking on the Trip Reports as usual and stumbled upon this one, and love it so far! I actually arrived in Disney a day after you did (we might've ran into each other a few times)! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.

I'm so glad you found us! Welcome! :goodvibes Ahh did you?! Maybe we did! Thank you!

What an exciting trip! I too would be thrilled to get a Nemo balloon :goodvibes

It really was! Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one. :lmao:

Sounds like a good start to the trip!! Love the nemo balloon! Too cute! Excited to read more!

Thanks! I loved it too! I'll post a new update soon!

Looking forward to all your trip and party details!

I have never seen a "towel Minnie", how cute! Looks like just a couple additional washcloths. :goodvibes

I can't wait to share!

Yeah it's adorable!

Well, it's 10 pages in, but I'm here! :laughing:

I had to finish reading your Christmas TR first. I didn't leave a comment over there, but it was a great ending to a great TR. I'm so glad that was such a wonderful trip for you and your family.

As for this one, why doesn't Disney make pink-dipped Mickey Rice Krispy Treats? I feel like that Goofy photo op is false advertising.

The Nemo balloon is totally adorable. I don't blame your inner 5-year-old for coming out. Mine would have done the same thing. ;)

Hooray for a great room location! Boo for terrible bus service. Disney's gotta work on that.

Hahaha that's okay, there's only one update so far! :thumbsup2

That's alright - I'm glad you were able to finish it though! Thank you so much. We had an amazing time!

I KNOW! They seriously should because those look delicious.

Hahaha thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one.

Yeah they definitely do!

YAY Update :cool1:

Ugh, I'm sorry you had to get a roommate. Your dorm room was decorated so nicely. I'm glad you two get along though.

Isn't it just a tad bit ironic that you ate at a restaurant called "The Odyssey" after taking your test on ancient Greek and Roman plays. lol :goodvibes

The rooms at CBR look super cute!

-Amanda :cloud9:

Woohoo!

That's alright! It's all working out. I'm moving to Disney soon anyways so it doesn't even matter. :laughing:

HAHAHA why yes it is. :thumbsup2

They are!

Excited for your new TR!
This is the first Caribbean Beach Resort TR I've read. I haven't stayed there since 1993 so I am looking forward to seeing pictures around the resort. At that time, the theming was Little Mermaid. I remember having a shirt with Sebastian on it. The Nemo theming is so cute and colorful!

OH JESS. OH I AM SO SAD THIS IS NOT EVEN FUNNY. I MISS DISNEY SO MUCH!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Boo to you and you and you and you. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!! I will be singing this every day until the day I die. And then I will come back as a haunted mansion ghost and continue singing it. So basically... forever.

We didn't have new room keys! In fact, I had 5 room keys during the course of the trip (and 3 MNSSHP tickets) and none of them looked like that. Same old keys. Hmm.

Ahh, that Nemo balloon is just precious. This is reminding me so much of our 2010 trip cause we had the same exact Nemo rooms! I loved it at CBR! Luckily we were in a building super close to OPR so we didn't have to deal with taking the internal busses!

I can't wait to read all about your trip, especially MNSSHP. Oh man, I am addicted. AHH. I want to go back so bad. RIGHT. NOW. Cry.

I'm sorry you didn't have good bus service at CBR. We have stayed there a lot and never had a problem so maybe you just hit a rough time. I don't know. I love staying in Jamaica...the bright yellow buildings are so pretty and I loved crossing the bridge to get to everything. I can't wait for you to update more!

Great update!!! Looking forward to hearing the rest!

Also I thought you might be interested to know that I got into the international college program!!!! :D I'll be in quick service food and beverage and will be there from June 10th to August 16th!!!

I'm so glad you read the trip reports! Thank you so much! :) I'm glad you still like to read them even if you can go there often!

Thank you so much! What kind of job do you have at Universal? Haha I think they cast me very well... I will get the opportunity to let me greatest talent shine! It's really exciting! I am looking forward to making a lot of guests very happy!

Thank you! I can't wait to tell about it!

I work in attractions, so in the the theme parks, and its an absolute blast. Even living working/here most of my co-workers are college aged so I have met most of my best friends at work. Plus I love making guests happy and being a part of their vacations.

If you have any questions about Orlando/Disney etc. I have a lot of friends who work at both places and can try and find the answer for you, just feel free to message me!

P.S. loved your first installment can't wait to find out more!

Yay!

I wonder if anyone stopped to get pictures of you in your Belle costume, thinking you were a character? I can totally see that happening.

I'm sorry you're so stressed out at school right now! A Disney trip right in the middle of the semester hopefully helped you relax a little! I wish I though of doing that when I was in college! :laughing:

OMG getting off the plane and smelling the wonderful Florida smell is probably one of my favorite things in life! Seriously, it's so simple, but so perfect! :love:

CBR looks beautiful, love that they gave you a Nemo balloon! Your room is adorable, I would love to stay there someday, I really like the tropical theme it has, so pretty! :)

Excited for your new TR!
This is the first Caribbean Beach Resort TR I've read. I haven't stayed there since 1993 so I am looking forward to seeing pictures around the resort. At that time, the theming was Little Mermaid. I remember having a shirt with Sebastian on it. The Nemo theming is so cute and colorful!

Thank you!
I'm glad you're excited to read about it. I stayed there at some point around 1994-1997 but I don't remember it being themed Little Mermaid! (I was also like 3 or 4 years old lol) That's awesome!
I love the theming now though! Very cute.

OH JESS. OH I AM SO SAD THIS IS NOT EVEN FUNNY. I MISS DISNEY SO MUCH!!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Boo to you and you and you and you. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!! I will be singing this every day until the day I die. And then I will come back as a haunted mansion ghost and continue singing it. So basically... forever.

We didn't have new room keys! In fact, I had 5 room keys during the course of the trip (and 3 MNSSHP tickets) and none of them looked like that. Same old keys. Hmm.

Ahh, that Nemo balloon is just precious. This is reminding me so much of our 2010 trip cause we had the same exact Nemo rooms! I loved it at CBR! Luckily we were in a building super close to OPR so we didn't have to deal with taking the internal busses!

I can't wait to read all about your trip, especially MNSSHP. Oh man, I am addicted. AHH. I want to go back so bad. RIGHT. NOW. Cry.

THAT IS WHY YOU MUST GO BACK! :goodvibes

Literally that is my favorite parade. I was SO in love with it. It's absolutely spectacular. And hahaha I wonder how many "real" ghosts actually haunt the haunted mansion. I'm sure there are some. I probably would consider it. :laughing:

You didn't?! That's so weird! Maybe the values haven't switched over yet? I don't know!

That's really lucky. I think if we would have been closer to OPR I would have been happier. I just felt way too spread out at the resort. It was cute though and I did like the rooms!

ME TOO LET'S GO. I am in love with all things Disney and Halloween. They're so wonderful. :wizard:

I'm sorry you didn't have good bus service at CBR. We have stayed there a lot and never had a problem so maybe you just hit a rough time. I don't know. I love staying in Jamaica...the bright yellow buildings are so pretty and I loved crossing the bridge to get to everything. I can't wait for you to update more!

That's okay! You're very lucky. I do like the decor of Jamaica! Besides Disney, Jamaica is one of my family's favorite vacation destinations... so it was awesome that we got placed there!

Thanks! I will soon!

Great update!!! Looking forward to hearing the rest!

Also I thought you might be interested to know that I got into the international college program!!!! :D I'll be in quick service food and beverage and will be there from June 10th to August 16th!!!

Thanks!

OH MY GOODNESS REALLY!?!?! AHHHHH we will have to meet up at some point this summer. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to hear where you end up working!

I work in attractions, so in the the theme parks, and its an absolute blast. Even living working/here most of my co-workers are college aged so I have met most of my best friends at work. Plus I love making guests happy and being a part of their vacations.

If you have any questions about Orlando/Disney etc. I have a lot of friends who work at both places and can try and find the answer for you, just feel free to message me!

P.S. loved your first installment can't wait to find out more!

What attraction do you work at!? That's awesome! :) I'm so glad you have a good experience working there and that you've met a lot of people!

I definitely will let you know if I think of anything! Thank you so much!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the report so far!

Yay!

I wonder if anyone stopped to get pictures of you in your Belle costume, thinking you were a character? I can totally see that happening.

Hahaha they may have! I got asked a lot of times if I was actually Belle or not. It was funny! :laughing:

I'm sorry you're so stressed out at school right now! A Disney trip right in the middle of the semester hopefully helped you relax a little! I wish I though of doing that when I was in college! :laughing:

OMG getting off the plane and smelling the wonderful Florida smell is probably one of my favorite things in life! Seriously, it's so simple, but so perfect! :love:

CBR looks beautiful, love that they gave you a Nemo balloon! Your room is adorable, I would love to stay there someday, I really like the tropical theme it has, so pretty! :)

That's okay! School is just intense. That's alright though because Disney made everything better :) I came back completely refreshed!

I KNOW.

It was really cute! Thank you!

Chapter 2: Raglan Road
October 4th, 2012

We waited for our Downtown Disney bus at the Jamaica bus stop. Like I said, this resort has a horrible bus system. It seemed to take forever for a bus to show up, but thankfully CBR is literally MINUTES away from Downtown Disney. So that saved us.

We walked in the rain over to Raglan Road, which I learned is right near Fulton's Crabhouse! I don't know how I have never seen it before! I never really pass Fulton's when I'm in Disney - I'm strictly a Marketplace girl. :p Not for any particular reason but I just never go to the West Side.

ANYWHO.. I found Raglan Road. Go me!

dsc0848l.jpg

We went inside and saw Miranda waiting for us!!!! YAY YAY YAY! I hadn't seen her since school ended back in May. We were SO happy to be reunited again! It was like no time had passed.

dsc0850k.jpg

We checked in and only had to wait about 10-15 minutes for our 8:15 pm reservation.

We were seated in the main room but we were a little off to the side. We could still see the performers with a slightly obstructed view.

That didn't bother me though, because I was there for the FOOD!

None of us had ever been to Raglan Road before so we were really excited to try it!

They brought us this DELICIOUS bread and dipping oil to start. WOW what a great beginning.

dsc0851p.jpg

For our meals, Miranda got the Fish and Chips! The "chips" were really unique. They so much better than some ordinary french fry. I would describe them as the "deluxe" version of a french fry because there was something really special about them. YUMM.

dsc0853th.jpg

Mom got the Lamb Shank for her dinner. Let me tell you, that was INCREDIBLE. I will probably get it next time I go. The flavor was just so amazing. I was blown away. I usually wouldn't think to order lamb but WOW I'm glad my Mom is an adventurous eater!

dsc0852n.jpg

I got the "Salmon of Knowledge" which is your basic Salmon dish with mashed potatoes. It was FANTASTIC and it really hit the spot after a long travel day. Those potatoes tasted SO good.

dsc0854et.jpg

We chatted throughout dinner and Miranda told us all about her DCP experience. She was LOVING it! Like I said, Miranda works Quick Service Food and Beverage on Sunset Boulevard at Hollywood Studios. She told us how she got promoted, how she has made amazing friends, and how she met her boyfriend! Her boyfriend actually works at the same restaurants as her as a coordinator. (which is one step above her position) His name is Russell. He asked her out on a date to the Magic Kingdom, and they've been dating ever since! Also, he goes to UCF, which is where Miranda was planning to transfer to anyways! Everything is working out wonderfully for her and I'm so glad!

It was so great to hear about the DCP from her for my future reference. Remember, at this point I didn't know if I was accepted or not, so I was in THE WAITING STAGE mode. So much excitement!!

We decided to get dessert. (I mean... obviously. Do you guys know who I am!?!?!)

Miranda got the Dunbrody Kiss which she really enjoyed. It's CHOCOLATEY. She almost finished the whole thing! I didn't get to sample it, but by the looks of the picture... I bet it's amazing!

dsc0855sc.jpg

For me, it was no question. I got Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding. The tagline is "like no other pudding you've ever tried."

dsc0856x.jpg

Let me tell you, IT LIVED UP TO THAT TITLE. It lived up to ANY HYPE THAT HAS EVER BEEN CREATED. IT SURPASSED MY EXPECTATIONS OF PURE EXCELLENCE!!!!!

dsc0857f.jpg

Guys, this stuff is heavenly. The texture of it is unique compared to most desserts.. but it was fantastically good! The flavor was INCREDIBLE! I was literally sad that I couldn't finish it all. I booked my ADR here solely for this dessert, and it was definitely worth it!!

Before we left Raglan Road I had to run to the bathroom and I was in SHOCK of how gorgeous the bathrooms are. HOLY COW. I regret not taking a picture - they were that beautiful! I was so impressed.

So clearly, we loved Raglan Road. If you have heard about how great it is all over the DIS, I would personally like to confirm those claims. GO THERE.

We paid for our meals and went to World of Disney! I needed to go and just look at the merchandise. Disney merchandise makes me unbelievably happy and I enjoy being in its presence.

We pretty much just wandered around World of Disney for a while just so I could take in the atmosphere. Then we decided to look in another store! (are you shocked I didn't buy anything!?! Me too.)

On the way, we ran into Miranda's boyfriend, Russell! He was coming to meet us so he could say hi! He's really nice and we all got along very well.

We breezed through Tren-D and THANKFULLY I didn't see anything that I absolutely needed. :lmao: I ran out of there before anything caught my eye.

Then we went in the pin store and I bought an Oswald and a Merida pin!

dsc0860f.jpg

After that, we decided to head out. We needed some sleep! We said goodbye to Miranda and Russell and made plans with Miranda for the next morning!

On our way out of DTD, we stopped in Mickey's Pantry. I pin traded with the cast members and we talked to a cast member named Alex all about the DCP. She was very enthusiastic and she told us about her experience!

She said that there's a state law in Florida that you can't do more than one full year of internships at a time. So if you did two DCP's in a row, you can't do a Professional Internship immediately after. I never knew that, so that's a good thing to keep in mind.

We said goodbye and took the bus back to Caribbean Beach!

Here are the pins I traded for:

dsc0859j.jpg

I think I fell asleep immediately after getting ready for bed and watching a few minutes of Stacey. FIRST FULL DAY OF DISNEY TOMORROW WOOHOO!!!!

Continued in Next Post

My friend met her husband on the DCP. He lived across the hall from her and had a car :laughing:

I'm trying to get them to move down to Florida. She's on board, but he doesn't want to move away from family...lame! But we've renamed our guest room as their vacation home.

Thanks!

OH MY GOODNESS REALLY!?!?! AHHHHH we will have to meet up at some point this summer. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to hear where you end up working!

Definitely! Thanks :goodvibes So looking forward to getting back out to Florida since I haven't been since 2008! It's been too long :hyper:

Another great update! I had to smile at your comment on the chips :thumbsup2 That's how we do "fries" as you call them over here in the UK all the time! I prefer them a bit thicker because then you get more potato :)

Also I love the Oswald pin! I love the Epic Mickey game and really looking forward to the next game coming out soon :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter