The Most Magical trip of my life! Day One!

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
Pre-TR
Day One - You are Here!
Day Two (The Engagement!)
Day Three
Day Four

-----------------------------------

We were woken up at 5am by my alarm clock - didn't take me too long to wake up as I'd set my iPod to play “Just like we dreamed it” - so I was singing along after a few seconds. Got up and ready fast and my Dad came and picked us up at 5.45.

We got to East Croydon on time, and the train to London Bridge didn’t take too long. When we got there though the tube wasn’t open and we had to wait 20 minutes, but we were still at St Pancras in plenty of time and we set off at 8.35 exactly. Eurostar journey was great - Leisure Select empty as usual. Although at Ashford we had an announcement that a child had gone missing, and to get him to Coach 6. Then after a wait, we pulled away and a few minutes later Jack heard the train manager ask another attendant if the boy had been found - so we hope he didn’t get left behind!!

Straight out of the station and through bag check - we were waved through and over to the right where we had our bags go through a scanner. Check in was super fast, and our room was ready! 1437 - in the same building as reception, top floor, and to the back. Originally I was disappointed, but once I got in and looked out the window I was relieved - we have a great view of the fountain out the front and also of Space Mountain! AND I could hear and see the Steam Train pull up - and then I heard the character express! So I’m very pleased with the room!!!

After sorting out our bags and putting valuables in the safe (which is plenty big enough for everything and my little netbook!) it was time to hit the parks!! We went via Inventions to make a reservation for this evening - but it is shut at night at the moment!! I was very sad, and it scuppered my plans somewhat - but there was no point dwelling on it.

Into the park we went - literally 2 mins from our room to the gate!!! Eeeee. Main Street looked so much more wonderful than we had remembered - or than how it looks in the photos - and the moment I saw the Castle I knew I was home. At the request of you lovely DISers we headed straight for BTM through Fort Comstock - but the queue was 50 mins, so we got Fastpasses for 2 hours later.

We headed over to Pirates which had a 15 minute wait, and that was our first ride! The drops seemed bigger than I remembered, but it’s just because I haven’t been on a ride since my last DLRP visit. Jack and I stopped to look at the Blue Lagoon menu and went in and made a reservation for 6.30. Then we headed through Fantasyland and pretty much walked onto It’s a Small World - which was also better than we remembered! I love the India bit and Jack loves Nessie! After this we walked the secret path to Discoveryland and got FP’s for Buzz - and got on the railroad - which was sooo quiet and had no queue! So wonderful after our July trip when we could never get on it (2 hour waits!) so we had our own little section and rode on through to Frontierland.

n821450083_5548444_8368.jpg

We had a quick go on Phantom Manor as it shuts tomorrow and then it was time for Big Thunder Mountain! It was even better than we both remembered and we had a great time. When we got off we had a wander about and saw the steakhouse and looked at the menu - I had been sceptical about Blue Lagoon because of the negative reviews that seem to surround it. So we booked up the Silver Spur instead! I was instantly at ease. It was Buzz time already so we headed on over and had a go - I got 78k (Level-3) and Jack beat me with 112k (L-4) - I just can’t seem to aim right - or tell which red dot is mine! We did find the hidden ones in the tunnel though!!

After Buzz we were both a bit peckish so we popped into Victoria’s for a Croque Monsieur and a Nestea - mmmmmmm. I so wish I’d had a Croque before!! It was then 4.45 so we headed over to Bella Notte and waited for the OAUD Parade to start.

It was fantastic!!! Waaaaay better than we’d remembered, and all of the floats smelled wonderful! We couldn’t smell them in July - but they are all lovely! Beauty and the Beast stopped directly in front of us too - which made my day! (Well - up until that point ;)) once the parade ended we headed off back to Adventure land - spotting Suzy and Perla on the way where - just as in July - POTC was a walk on. We also popped into Blue Lagoon when we got off to cancel our reservation.

n821450083_5548448_9067.jpg

It was almost dinner time so we headed back to DLH to grab some extra warm clothing and our HB vouchers for dinner. A fast turn around and we were back out and at the Silver Spur within a few minutes. The restaurant was really quiet, and Jack loved the themeing especially the little Buffalo on the light fittings.

[Restaurant review here]

When we came out it was dark and BTM and Phantom Manor looked awesome - we waited at the door of PM and only 6 of us were in the lobby and lift - our last ride of PM of the trip, as it shuts tomorrow for maintenance.

n821450083_5548449_9846.jpg

After PM we had a look at Boot Hill - very spooky in the dark! Especially when you hear the wind whistling and the werewolf howling! Then it was time for BTM in the dark!!! Was so much fun! Will definitely be doing it again tomorrow!! The CM doing the announcements was really great too - and was getting everyone to shout ‘Yeehaw’!

When we got off it was 8.45 so we headed over to the Castle for Candlebration. It was really quiet so Jack and I had a perfect view, really close to the castle, down the left hand side.

Before we knew it Mickey and Minnie were on the balcony - waving their arms and lighting the candles. It was magical as ever when Tinks pixie dust filled the sky. I was set to call it a night when Mickey said something like ‘And now for Tinkerbell’ and I presumed the glitter must have been released early.

BUT

The castle started lighting up with the Christmas lights!! I was so overcome I started sobbing like a baby, and Jack hugged me from behind as hard as he could - then all the characters came skipping out from the castle and I was even more emotional! - it was the most wonderful thing I’ve seen - and if I had to come home tonight I would have had a wonderful trip!

n821450083_5548452_712.jpg

We made the short walk back down Main Street and were in our room by 8.15 (had to stop at reception to have a moan as our TV isn’t currently working!). Got my PJ’s and snuggly DLH dressing gown on and settled down to write up this TR.

n821450083_5548455_1612.jpg

I can’t wait for tomorrow!! EMH, DLH breakfast AND Inventions for lunch. Will I be brave enough to ride Tower of Terror again? Will I meet Daisy?

Great first day Torise! Glad you decided to ride the best ride in the park as your first!!

Love the idea of writing the trip report while you are there! I usually leave mine until I'm back home and have to use the photo's to remember what we did!!

awwww i love your first day. what a wonderful trip. i would cry if they lit up the castle too lol!!!

ok, another emotional one here too!!!

so plsd u got to see the castle all lit it - it truly is magical like that!!

and im the same as cap'n - have to use photos to remind me what i did and when lol

A fab first day with great photos. I look forward to reading the rest:thumbsup2

Aww what a great first day !!! :) I'll read the next one later tonight (have to run to school now lol).

ps. Did you know that there's a direct train from East Croydon to St Pancras?

How lovely. I knew you were going to have a ball.:thumbsup2

Awww I love the first day - the castle lit up made me cry too :goodvibes

Fab first day-have been waiting all day to read this, wanted to wait til I had enough time to sit down and read it properly it after your exciting 'spoiler' on the main board :thumbsup2

Wow :goodvibes Loved reading your feelings at the castle getting lit up - how fab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter