The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

Our garage door opener lights had been burned-out for months and I finally got around to replacing them a couple of weeks ago. Then I thought there was a problem because they were always on. In the middle of the evening I'd go to see if they were still on, and when I'd open the door to the garage, sure enough they'd be on. I forgot that there's a motion-sensor for them! :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

that sounds like a blond joke!:lmao:

oh, it's 1:22 pst and your light is off....but I bet if you're really sneaky , you might catch it when it's off.;)

Sure, we can be light Nazis if you ask us to be.

Now, onto more important business- Glennbo, you are the KING as foodie reviews!! You ROCK!!

Oh, you're embarrssing me. :blush: Don't stop.

Thanks!

Here's my take on Biergarten from info gleaned off your nicely written, and might I add, perectly photographed dining experience. You may!

In the first pic of your salads, WHAT is that yellow glob of snot at about 10:00?? No thanks on that one.

Um...I don't know.

I think what James was trying out was headcheese- another one to chalk up to "no thanks on that one". Do they really think people EAT that kind of stuff??

Worst food name ever: Headcheese. blech. I knew James wouldn't like that. I can't believe he selected it from the buffet.

I had to lust over the dishware just a little. Very festive, and totally lend an authentic aura to the table.

Who'd have guessed? Wien= Vienna Never knew that...

Mmmmm, spaetzle!! My MIL who just passed away made THE best spaetzle! She used a colander and squashed the dough through it. Cool trick.

Is that technique kind of like "ricing"? (Didn't think I'd know that, didja?)

When we gorge here in Sept. I'm going in deep for that berry looking thing. In fact, I"m gonna do a double whammy and smear that tangy looking goody all over my cheesecake. How could you go wrong with that??

Be careful. Don't get too crazy.

Beer barrel bells? Barrelly beery bells? Bells of barrelled beer?? Who cares? and who would remember after the train tankards of beer everyone consumes just before they hear them??

I confess I just stuck with the fountain drinks that were included in the price of the buffet. Kinda wanted a beer though. But in the middle of the day, with the fam, and at the Disney prices...

Good use of writing to end with a family shot. It IS a very good one. Judy is a very pretty lady, and her daughters certainly take after her. :thumbsup2

Oh thank you. She is. And they do.

One more for tonight.

Okay. Shoot.

TT, Bev., Kidani, AKL:

Can you tell me exactly where in TT they take your photo?? I really feel an urge now to ham it up even more than you did, if that's possible. :confused3:lmao:

(Spoiler Alert for Test Track)
Don't worry, you can't miss it. You'll go through all of these "testing" things....the anti-lock brakes, the heat room, etc. Then this will be the last "test", though I forget what it's called. You turn the corner and see these doors, which are closed, your car speeds up and it appears you're going to crash and then at the last second they open, and you shoot outdoors. They take your picture just before the doors open.

I think there are some good pictures of it later in my TR, on day 7, I think.

I love those creative photos of things like James next to the dummy graphic. Out of the ordinary stuff. :thumbsup2

Thanks.

Watch that eyebrow! It may run away someday again, and get you into trouble! :rolleyes1

Fortunately, it's not a unibrow.

Both Kidani and AKL look so earthy and artsy!! Can't wait to get over there and try out some eats over there. (hint)

We love it. Oh, is that a hint to what I think it's a hint for? I already answered, but that makes me feel better about my answer (if so)!

P.S. Your green dot is off as I post this.

Funny....it was on when I logged-on to respond to your comments.

:lmao: Hey, at least we make you laugh :lmao:

And it was one of those days i really needed a good laugh. :sad2: thanks.

Oh no! Sadness amongst the ranks! I must fix this.....ready?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awwww. Love to see this. Thanks.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

that sounds like a blond joke!:lmao:

Unfortunately, yes it does.

oh, it's 1:22 pst and your light is off....but I bet if you're really sneaky , you might catch it when it's off.;)

No luck this time, but I'll keep trying.

In the first pic of your salads, WHAT is that yellow glob of snot at about 10:00?? No thanks on that one.

I think what James was trying out was headcheese- another one to chalk up to "no thanks on that one". Do they really think people EAT that kind of stuff??

Mmmmm, spaetzle!! My MIL who just passed away made THE best spaetzle! She used a colander and squashed the dough through it. Cool trick.

I think the yellow glob is a pickled cucumber. We pickle the small gherkins type cucumbers but also pieces of the larger cucumber (the ones you use for salads). They are usually pickled with a lot of mustard seeds, hence their German name is "mustard cucumbers" (Senfgurken). Actually pretty tasty, but not very photogenic. Looks better in person!

Headcheese can actually be quite good, if made with good ingredients. But I think it would be a bit of an acquired taste! :laughing:

Is that technique kind of like "ricing"? (Didn't think I'd know that, didja?)

Actually the colander is not a "trick", it is one of the known methods of producing Spätzle. Another one is the special "spaetzle ricer"! Which looks like a potato ricer! :goodvibes And finally you can cut them from a board. :thumbsup2

I think the yellow glob is a pickled cucumber. We pickle the small gherkins type cucumbers but also pieces of the larger cucumber (the ones you use for salads). They are usually pickled with a lot of mustard seeds, hence their German name is "mustard cucumbers" (Senfgurken). Actually pretty tasty, but not very photogenic. Looks better in person!

Headcheese can actually be quite good, if made with good ingredients. But I think it would be a bit of an acquired taste! :laughing:

Actually the colander is not a "trick", it is one of the known methods of producing Spätzle. Another one is the special "spaetzle ricer"! Which looks like a potato ricer! :goodvibes And finally you can cut them from a board. :thumbsup2

Thanks Magdalene! I'm glad we have someone from Alamenia checking in to help us out.

Pickled cucumber makes sense. But it sure looked funny in the picture! I love pickled anything, but especially beets! So tasty.

You're right, headcheese can be good, but like you say it has to be very fresh, and from better quality umm... parts. They make something over here that is outright disgustingly nasty. THey take a hoof, and boil it, and make a sort of like hoof jello from it. Just the smell of it makes me gaggy to think about.

I'd think actually cutting the spaetzel (I wish my keyboard had one of those really cool "a"s with the dots over it, so I could be authentic about it) from a board would be pretty time and labor intensive.

I just have to say, my DH is waiting in the Frankfurt am Main airport right this very minute for a flight to Portland. I LOVE that airport!!! But LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Frankfurt even more!! The pastries, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the pastries. The historic section of town- lovely, just lovely!

Thanks Magdalene! I'm glad we have someone from Alamenia checking in to help us out.

Me too!!!!

Headcheese...parts.....

wdwfeb2008326.jpg

you'd think who ever the brilliant chef was that invented headcheese, could have given it a slightly more appetizing name.

reminds me of cow tongue.......I can still remember the smell of it boiling........puke and gag!

Yeah, that's the smell that boiling hoofs have. puke and gag.

reminds me of cow tongue.......I can still remember the smell of it boiling........puke and gag!
LOL! Here in Monterrey the "barbacoa de cabeza" is very popular, the way it is prepared escapes my skill to describe it in english... but is not like BBQ, kinda just a cow head heated until cooked... yeah yuk!

My father is a fan of this and would buy it every weekend (not the whole head, just parts of it)... he usually says to my mom "save the eye for me" :eek: As if someone else would eat THAT! :scared1:

Tribilín;35116915 said:
LOL! Here in Monterrey the "barbacoa de cabeza" is very popular, the way it is prepared escapes my skill to describe it in english... but is not like BBQ, kinda just a cow head heated until cooked... yeah yuk!

My father is a fan of this and would buy it every weekend (not the whole head, just parts of it)... he usually says to my mom "save the eye for me" :eek: As if someone else would eat THAT! :scared1:

smileythrowup.gif

Ok, note to myself: don't read glennbo's PTR while eating something... ;)

Always glad to help! :goodvibes

I'd think actually cutting the spaetzel (I wish my keyboard had one of those really cool "a"s with the dots over it, so I could be authentic about it) from a board would be pretty time and labor intensive.

I just have to say, my DH is waiting in the Frankfurt am Main airport right this very minute for a flight to Portland. I LOVE that airport!!! But LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Frankfurt even more!! The pastries, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the pastries. The historic section of town- lovely, just lovely!

I know that there is a way to produce Ä, Ö and Ü with an English keyboard, but I forgot how this worked... :eek:

People who can cut Spätzle actually do it very fast, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6Ga9hMm4Y

I will sitting around Frankfurt airport for four hours next Wednesday when connecting to the flight to MCO!! :woohoo: Actually, most people here in Germany prefer Munich over Frankfurt. But the old parts of Frankfurt are really very beautiful! :thumbsup2 I used to live there once.

What's the clear stuff in Headcheese? Maybe I don't want to know.

it's beef stock with gelatin - also called aspic. :goodvibes

you'd think who ever the brilliant chef was that invented headcheese, could have given it a slightly more appetizing name.

Headcheese really is an awful name! :laughing: We call it Pressack which can be translated into "stuffed bag" - doesn't make much more sense. And you normally eat it "with music" which is raw onions and vinegar (just to make it even more appealing). We are talking really ethnic food here! But it's still better than the stuffed pig's stomach our former chancellor Mr Kohl loved to serve to foreign dignitaries who came to visit. It is a specialty of the region he is from. :confused3

LOL! Sorry winkers!

We are talking really ethnic food here! But it's still better than the stuffed pig's stomach our former chancellor Mr Kohl loved to serve to foreign dignitaries who came to visit. It is a specialty of the region he is from. :confused3

From México I could only add horror stories about some seafood and insects like grasshoppers and worms. What we need is someone from France.

Snails, unborn ducks, assorted organs, the works :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter