The Most Awesome Trip Ever! This is Devon's MAW TR Day 5 Part 1 Epcot! *NEW* 07/22/12

Lots of pictures!!

I guess you could say our journey started the day before because we spend the night at my mom's house. The kids were really excited for that, I mean spending the night at Nana's and a trip to Disney World?!?! They also got to go to Golden Corral for dinner because my mom wasn't in the mood to cook the day before a big day.

So this is the kids all excited to out to eat.
DSC02710.JPG

Devon and Cassidy got a little excited for the Chocolate Wonderfall! That is my older brother behind Cassidy. He also came along, but on a later flight.
DSC02712.JPG
DSC02713.JPG

I was going to have them wear one of my dad's t-shirts to bed as I had packed their pj's for the trip, but Nana surprised them with brand new pj's!

Smiles in the morning! Devon couldn't sleep all night, and my mom said at 1 am he was still up.
DSC02724.JPG
DSC02726.JPG

Suitcases all ready to go!
DSC02729.JPG

Our chariot arrives!
DSC02732.JPG

Our driver is Modji, and he volunteers his services to MAW to wish families to the airport. The limo was huge and the ceiling had little lights that changed colors!

For some reason I didn't take many good pics after this. During the flight Cassidy lost a tooth, we were able to get my dad priority boarding with us even though he had to get his own ticket. Our flight was so early that our GKTW greeter wasn't there yet, we saw Darth Vader (the guy under the mask) at baggage claim. We thought it was odd that people were asking for random autographs from an older man in a wheelchair, and we were like who is he. Daniel realized it a few days ago that it was David Prouse, and I looked it, that there was some convention in Orlando the weekend we were there.

Anyway, we got to GKTW and we got all checked in, settled in to our Villa, 267, me and the kids went to see Santa! Daniel, poor guy, had been up for almost 36 hours due to work and needed to crash and get some sleep.

Waiting to meet Santa!
DSC02770.JPG

And meeting him! Santa was lovely, if it was someones birthday he would announce it and have everyone sing Happy Birthday.
Santa.jpg%2528231%2529.JPG

Then it was time to head to the party! Cassidy had a ball. She had to hug every character and Devon, not so much. They also picked out games from Santa, Mousetrap for Cassidy and Battleship for Devon.

DSC02772.JPG
DSC02774.JPG
DSC02779.JPG

DSC02788.JPG
DSC02793a.jpg

And final picture, so cute of them to pose like this!
DSC02813.JPG

Welcome home!!!

such cute photos!

love they were excited to go eat at the Golden Corral, nice pj's from grandma!

that's quite the limo, sure the kids loved riding in it!

the party photos look like a ton of fun!

Yay .. you started !! :banana:

I've been looking forward to Devon and Keira's TR's to get me through our waiting period !!

Thank you for sharing ! :hug:

Joining in. Love the pictures and looks like they had fun the first day. We went to GKTW in December of 2010. One thing we all wish is we had done more at the Village. We are excited to go back and volunteer this summer!! The evening events are a must that the older kids want to participate in!!

Can't wait to read more!

Bright-eyed and bushy tailed. We took a picture of the kids every morning on the bench across the street from our villa.

DSC02815.JPG

Of course the first stop will be....

DSC02816.JPG
DSC02818.JPG

That is Cassidy with my brother and sister in law, Kelsey. This was their only full day with us because they weren't able to get vacation at the same time as us. They had to leave the next day.

At the Gingerbread House

DSC02821.JPG

This was our first taste of magic. So while the kids were doing their best puppy dog eyes to get something (a soda or a churro) at their uncles. A employee approached me and asked who the wish kid was. I pointed to Devon and told him to come over, and he asked me if Devon was interested in meeting some heros. (A little background, my brothers fave superhero is Batman). So he asks Dev who he would like to meet. Without skipping a beat he says Batman. My brother Forbes puts both fists straight in the air and his whole vibe was "Yes! That is my boy". So he told him that Batman wasn't there, but they had a whole bunch there that day, and named them off and asked if he wanted to meet Spiderman. He did. So off we went and got on the first "deathstares" for line skipping (which didn't faze me, he earned it).

P2170420.JPG

We did get the picture that they took, but I haven't scanned it yet.

The person that we spoke with really went above and beyond. The meet and greet was delayed twice due to rain as the suits can't get wet at all. So they actually took us to this theater that had coverings so the heros could meet him and not get wet. Cassidy didn't want to really meet them. Captain America tried to get a high face and she kinda slapped his hand with mt sister in laws jacket that she was wearing. Spiderman did get a high five from her and was very happy to rub it Captain America's face.

DSC00117.JPG
P2170435.JPG

P2170440.JPG
P2170441.JPG

P2170461.JPG
P2170462.JPG

We did the Marvel rides, Devon really wanted to do the Hulk, but he was too short. They all loved the Storm tea cup ride. With both my brothers spinning it, it was crazy fast. Everything was a blur. But they loved it. Then he did the Fear Fall. He had a lot of fun, I didn't think he would, but he surprised me.

Devon loved the Jurassic Park section. He also made sure to tell us that the T-Rex is not from the Jurassic period.

P2170481.JPG

Daniel feeding Dev to the T-Rex

P2170423.JPG

Cassidy doing the rock wall while everyone else got SOAKED on the Jurassic Park ride. It usually costs $5, but they gave it to us free because of the make a wish button she was wearing.

P2170425.JPG

Forbes photobombed Cassidy at lunch.

P2170431.JPG

Hogwarts! Kelsey really wanted to go here. She loves the books. She lamented that there wasn't a lot for her to pick to show house pride for Raveclaw. But man was the place packed. The shops were IMPOSSIBLE to get into, or move around in once you were in it. The kids loved Flight of the Hippogriff, Cassidy hate the Forbidden Journey. My dad, Daniel and brother James went the Dragons, but my dad liked it better the last time we went when both coasters ran at the same time.

P2170489.JPG

Butterbeer

P2170496.JPG

I didn't get any pictures of Dr. Suess land on our first time their they loved it. We did the train, and the kids took my dad and Daniel on One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, or as the kids call it One Fish Two Fish Get Papa Wet Fish. It was hilarious to see the kids steer right into the water to get their dad and Papa wet.

The big kids went on the Hulk one last time before we left to go to Downtown Disney. I talked the kids into sitting in the test seats, but only Cassidy was a good sport about it, pretending that she was really on the ride.

P2170522.JPG

Then we trekked to Downtown Disney. As Forbes and Kelsey were leaving the next morning they really wanted to have some kind of Disney experience with them. We had dinner at the T-Rex restaurant. It is the Rainforest Cafe meets dinosaurs. It was pricey, but tasty. I had the paleo shrimp, it was a generous portion of shrimp. Daniel had the chicken fried steak and it was like a whole cow was on the plate! The place was packed and we had a bit of a wait so we went to the Disney Store, and that is were Cassidy fell in love with Stitch. She walked around the store holding this pillow that Forbes and Kelsey promised to buy her. Then she saw Stitch, handed me the pillow and hugged it. That was it. Then they told her she could get one more thing. She got around that by picking out Lady and Tramp sewn together at the paw. Dev picked out an Agent P hat, and an Agent P stuffed toy.

We took two pictures with Forbes and Kelsey, one with his head down so it looks like Agent P looking at us and one normal.

I will upload videos soon to my facebook and then link to them soon. Thanks for reading!

Great update !! :thumbsup2

I loved how Devon got to meet all the super heroes !! So cool.

We plan on eating at T Rex too ... It's awesome in there. :goodvibes

So, Jurassic park ride gets you wet ?? I think we'll have to pass on that. I was looking forward to that ride too !

cute photo of the kids by the lake!

looks like you all had a fun day! yay for the superheros!
happy your DB and DSil got to be a part of your trip!

Great update !! :thumbsup2

I loved how Devon got to meet all the super heroes !! So cool.

We plan on eating at T Rex too ... It's awesome in there. :goodvibes

So, Jurassic park ride gets you wet ?? I think we'll have to pass on that. I was looking forward to that ride too !

They were soaked head to toe, but they did sit close to the front. Wear a poncho if you want to go on it, and also on the Kali River Rapids at AK.

Very cool!

We skipped the Superheros & Jurassic Park sections. Cooper said he didn't want to see the Superheros & I knew Keira didn't care.

Looks like were having an amazing time.

Animal Kingdom was the first park that Devon had to go, but first, it is the daily picture!

DSC02832.JPG

The we quickly hit the Castle of Miracles so Devon could do his star.

DSC02833.JPG
DSC02838.JPG

Gotta take a picture of the tree!

P2180534.JPG

He has to go to AK first because he just had to go to Dinoland and go the Kali River ride to soak his papa for the 2nd day in a row. First stop for us was the Safari. Devon claimed not to enjoy it and was put out that we made him (oh the horror!). Daniels brother and her husband joined us for our time at Disney, she works in Naples and they have annual passes.

I also forgot my camera in the car, so all the pictures in AK aren't the best because I am using my dad's Bloggie camcorder for stills, and my mom's camera before the batteries died).

DSC00165.JPG
DSC00169.JPG

DSC00173.JPG
DSC00180.JPG

We made it to Dinoland!

DSC00195.JPG
DSC00196.JPG

Devon did not like Dinosaur. Since his AVM he is sensitive to loud noise. Dinosaur was super super loud and he got so scared. In the middle of he was crying and wanted to get off, saying "Let me out" over and over. I just hugged him he buried his face in me until it was over. They did love Dino-Rama. The Primeval Whirl was a huge hit. There is a ride that is quite similar to it at DCA, but the line is so long we always skipped it, so next time we got to Disneyland we will have to hit it.

Next up was the Kali River. The kids insisted on getting ponchos, but didn't want to go on it. So we watched the adorable monkeys while Daniel, my dad, brother's wife Sara and her husband Jesse went on it. While they were on it the kids changed their mind and decided to go on it. They would wear their poncho's and everyone else would not. They stay dry and everyone else would get soaked.

And they did. I waited for them on the bridge and got one last soak in by pressing the button that makes an elephant shoot water. After that the big kids went on the Everest ride. Then we went to Hollywood Studios.

DSC02846.JPG

We had lunch at the commissary. The Chinese salad was really good. Then Devon wanted to do Star Tours and Cassidy didn't (she's never liked it). While we were waiting Cc got the speederbike.

DSC02850.JPG

Then Devon wanted to go on again and me, Cassidy, and my Dad went to Muppet Vision. Always a good time.

When we got out of that, Daniel and Sara and Jesse pointed to James and Devon in line to meet Phineas and Ferb. Devon was beside himself while I was in Muppet Vision. He needed his hat, he needed his autograph book and his pen. It was good thing he didn't use the button to skip it or I would have missed it.

DSC02855.JPG
Photo0151FourBySix.jpg

Photo0165FourBySix.jpg
Photo0178FourBySix.jpg

So the updated wish check list:
Go to Disney World....check!
Meet Phineas and Ferb....check!
Skip every line....In progress.

Then we watched the end of a Jedi Academy and Devon said he wanted to do it. So we went to where you sign up. We couldn't get him in that night, but Frank, the coordinator, told us if we could get over first thing in the morning, and ask for a coordinator we would be able to get in as the usually leave some spots reserved for wish kids. He also gave us some hints on how to high score on Toy Story as that was going to be our next stop.

After that the big kids wanted to do the scary rides (Tower of Terror and RockNRollar Coaster). They were really close together and me and the kids just hung out until they got out.

DSC02872.JPG
DSC02873.JPG

We knew that we wouldn't get back in time before the Ice Cream palace closed...so we all got ice cream, treated by Papa! Yummy, tasty, and hit the spot.

DSC02878.JPG

Pictures on the way out while my dad and brother were shopping for stuff my niece and nephew.

Photo0204FourBySix.jpg

Photo0238FourBySix.jpg

We just love AK ! Although the boys won't do Kali river or It's a Bugs Life. Which I really do like.
On Primeval Whirl .. Does it spin a real lot ?? Like dizzy spinning ? We've never done it because none of us like to spin. But I always wondered about it.

Looks like you guys were having a great time ! :goodvibes

LOVE IT! We didn't see Phineas and Ferb when we were there. Jonathon is going to love meeting them!

Yeah I found your TR. :cool1:

Looks like everyone is having a great time. How awesome that you got to meet all those superheros. My boys would have been in heaven.:cloud9:

So we went back to Hollywood Studios. We had a plan and generally told the kids we would try to go back to a park, but we knew we probably couldn't. We didn't intend to go back to Hollywood Studios, but he really really wanted to do the Jedi Academy, so plans changed.

We did our first stop at the lake.

DSC02879.JPG

We stopped by the Ice Cream Palace for a quick bite, and then off to the parks.

DSC02884.JPG

Today was another dagger eyes day. Not that I cared much. Wish families earned the perks we get and evil eye us all you want. The line for the Jedi signup at 9:30ish was loooong. I just walked up to a the CM manning the end of the line. She was there the night before with Frank and she remembered us. She then asked us to wait over by the drinking fountain. When she walked back she was pressing the pass to her body so the families waiting wouldn't see it and pitch a fit. So we got in the first one and me and Dev hung out where they corral the kids waiting to go on.

DSC02885.JPG

I didn't think to ask after if we could keep it. Wish I did.

Dev waiting in line

DSC02886.JPG

Sith?!?!?!

DSC02888.JPG

LightSaber Training

Photo0278FourBySix.jpg

Battling Darth Maul

Photo0295FourBySix.jpg
Photo0301FourBySix.jpg

Photo0311FourBySix.jpg
Photo0320FourBySix.jpg

Photo0330FourBySix.jpg
Photo0344FourBySix.jpg

Photo0348FourBySix.jpg

He kept turning around at the wrong moments!

Photo0358FourBySix.jpg

Official Padawan learner now!

Photo0365FourBySix.jpg

This is video of Devon battling Darth Maul. Not the best qualiry because I can't embed. Watch it here

Part 2 will be about the rest of our time at HS, then our afternoon and evening at Magic Kingdom. Stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter