The month..week..day..and night before you leave...

baby1disney

DIS Veteran
What do you do?!?! Are you up all night from excitment???:banana: Are you running around like crazy and don't remember anything??:lmao: Or are you just packing and calm as a cucumber??:thumbsup2

For me..I always packed the night before we left. For some reason..that's just easier for me. That way..the only thing I gotta pack is like chargers for phones..toothbrushes..things like that. Other than that..I eat and go to bed about 6-7pm because we're on the road by 2am!! Ahhh..I just love it!!!:cloud9:

I usually plan trips far in advance, but I don't pack until the day before. I have packing lists made, and I drop things that I want to take in a tote bag - but the serious packing is last minute.

Do you have an upcoming trip that's very soon? My next definite WDW trip isn't until December, but I could be persuaded to go in late October if I find a good airfare.

For me, any trip to WDW is in December. I make reservations in February or March then in the summer start looking at dinner reservations and buying tickets for shows and other events that may be happening.

I usually start putting things together 2 to 3 weeks before the trip start date. I realize that I will forget something so I just start putting things together. A week before we leave I look at the weather, then add things like a sweatshirt or jacket. Three days before we leave I start to pack the pile I collected at really think if I need it or don't. I pack the last minute essentials the morning of the trip and then I am off for a 12 to 14 hour drive.

I will admit that last year I decided to wait and pack the day before. A lot of people said it was easier so I decided to give it a try. Well lesson learned. The weather, last December, was soooo cold that I had to take away all the shorts and tee shirts and add long sleeve shirts and jeans. This is when I was grateful that I waited to pack but when I arrived at WDW I realized I had forgotten all my fun Disney stuff, like pins to trade, Disney drink lanyard, etc. I felt so rushed packing the day before that I forgot a lot of the fun Disney items. I was actually bummed about it but didn't let it ruin my vacation.

So while I know a lot of people pack the day before for me it is easier to pack a few days before.

What do you do?!?! Are you up all night from excitment???:banana: Are you running around like crazy and don't remember anything??:lmao: Or are you just packing and calm as a cucumber??:thumbsup2

For me..I always packed the night before we left. For some reason..that's just easier for me. That way..the only thing I gotta pack is like chargers for phones..toothbrushes..things like that. Other than that..I eat and go to bed about 6-7pm because we're on the road by 2am!! Ahhh..I just love it!!!:cloud9:

I am running around like crazy trying to remember all the little things AND I am up all night from excitement :yay:
I pack the day before I leave , which always takes me all day no matter how many lists I make or how early I start :headache:

The month before we are thinking about making ADR's, but probably not actually making them. It all depends on who we are meeting and how we can arrange schedules. Sometimes we don't make ADR's until a week or two out.

The week before, Val is packing. And unpacking. And repacking. And unpacking. And repacking.

The day before, Val is taking things out of the suitcase that we really don't need.

The night before, Val is putting more things back into the suitcase.

The day of, I'm recovering from having to lug those suitcases out to the car.

Our last trip was last August.
I began obsessing about it in the middle of the winter.
I started gathering things into a box a few months in advance, and continued adding things as I found & bought them.
I began packing several days (maybe even a week) in advance, finished it the night before we left, and ended up staying up WAY too late doing last minute things the night before our very early flight!

How's that for covering it all? All Disney all the time when I'm in planning mode!

This summer DH and I think we may be going in August for our 15 year anniversary. Still contemplating how guilty we'll feel about going without the kids. I haven't gotten into the planning mode much at all, but I think it's because we haven't bought plane tix or made it into a "for sure" thing (though I am happy to say we have a ressie with free dining, so we're covered if we end up going).

Happy planning everyone!

The month before we are thinking about making ADR's, but probably not actually making them. It all depends on who we are meeting and how we can arrange schedules. Sometimes we don't make ADR's until a week or two out.

The week before, Val is packing. And unpacking. And repacking. And unpacking. And repacking.

The day before, Val is taking things out of the suitcase that we really don't need.

The night before, Val is putting more things back into the suitcase.

The day of, I'm recovering from having to lug those suitcases out to the car.
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm up way to late the night before packing. I make lists ahead of time, but always put the actually packing off to the last possible second. I guess I'm just a procrastinator !

Month: ADRs and schedule have been made long ago
Week: A long week of waiting
Day: Pack, laundry
Night: Not sleeping

well my trip last year I spent the evening before our 7AM flight stuck in our elevator for almost 2 hours. Only reason i got out was because I "McGuyvered" the doors open myself.

That was fun.

well my trip last year I spent the evening before our 7AM flight stuck in our elevator for almost 2 hours. Only reason i got out was because I "McGuyvered" the doors open myself.

That was fun.

OMG!!!!:eek: I would've been freakin out!!! LOL But..I'm glad you made it out in time!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter