The moment that gives you the feeling...

....Unless you live here and feel the warm Florida air 11 and a half months out of the year. ;) lol

My tingly moment is when I drive through this

walt-disney-world-entrance-sign.jpg

That is the one for us...A couple of horn honks, A big WOOOHOOO

I have a few; when we see the DISNEY WORLD signs I get excited :)...but when we sit on the monorail for the 1st time of every trip, I am OUT OF CONTROL with excitement!!! :dance3:

"Please stand clear of the doors, and hold on to hand rails. The shuttle will be departing momentarily for the main terminal. Whether you are here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, Welcome to Orlando and Central Florida .... "

That too is the start of knowing you are almost there, but driving under the sign gets it done!

The fake monorail! I get all giddy once we step inside it because I know from now on it's all fun, fun, fun!

Such a fun thread!! I have several answers! I love passing under the arch, seeing the water tower with the Mickey ears and seeing the castle for the first time!! All of these give me chills!!! And nothing says, "you're back in Disney" like the first Mickey bar of the trip!:mickeybar

Hearing my boys scream MONORAIL while looking out the window of the ME! It's always a contest to see who can spot the first one.

....Unless you live here and feel the warm Florida air 11 and a half months out of the year. ;) lol

My tingly moment is when I drive through this

walt-disney-world-entrance-sign.jpg

Same for us!!! We all start screaming and get excited when we pass the arch! My kids faces LIGHT UP as we drive through!!!!!!

When I was a child (before I moved to florida) THE MOMENT was definately feeling the humid air the moment you walk off the plane. and PALM TREES were so amazing to me. Now that I live among Palm Trees in South Florida they are just another part of my day...I actually MISS that EXCITED feeling of seeing Palm Trees when I was a little girl.:rotfl2:

First is the giggle at the Magical Express.
Second is the grin at check-in.
Third is the full out rush at seeing the castle.
But the best moment? Wishes. Because that's when I cry and know I'm home.

The moment you get the tingly feeling in Disney World is when you feel the warm Florida air. :sunny::mickeyjum

This is what I loved about our trips in cooler weather- leaving a cold Iowa and being hit with that coming off the plane. Now we travel in June and last time the two weeks before our trip were just as hot and humid in Iowa, so it was just like home...bummer. At least we were acclimated to the heat then.

Other than that, I suppose walking up to the first park and hearing the park music.

Walking off the plane and smelling the humid air.
Getting to POP is probably the best one.
Hearing the monorail system say you are welcome!:)

Pro favor mantenganse alejado De las puertas.

Musty water smell.

The MK welcome show..,

"Please stand clear of the doors, and hold on to hand rails. The shuttle will be departing momentarily for the main terminal. Whether you are here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, Welcome to Orlando and Central Florida .... "

That's pretty cool that you have that quote! Made me smile!

There are a lot of little magical events that let us know “We’re here!”, but there are two that standout and I’m struggling to decide which one gives me more of the “tingly” feeling that we’ve arrived.

1) Stepping into our on-site resort room.
2) Our first step into a park immediately after the turnstiles…

I’m kinda leaning towards the second one, stepping into a park. Entering the resort room is when I know that the stress can start melting away, but stepping into a park is when the excitement begins. That's when we're all looking at each other with those big smiles, ready to find out what adventures are in store for us. :)

Dan

I have a few:

-As soon as our plane touches down I get all giddy like a 5 year old and look at my kids with a big smile and say "we're here" :goodvibes
-Passing under the Disney arch
-That first walk down Main Street
-Our first viewing of Wishes (of course this one and the one above always make me cry)
-the first time we see Mickey - as much as I love the others it always takes seeing Mickey to get to me

Last trip I teared up getting in line for the Magical Express seeing the Mickey signs on the floor!

I guess for me it's when we get to the resort to check in and hear that first "Welcome Home". I just love hearing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter