The Moist Exhausting Free Trip Ever - Link to Part II Thread pg. 244

I can't believe the things people try to pull to steal a victory in this silly game......... :sad2: Somebody created a monster!!! :rotfl2:

Day 7 - Part 4

James! What're you lookin' at?

As we get further into this trip report I'm getting more concerned about James. :rotfl:

Even though she’s sixteen, Lauren’s head isn’t nearly as big as this apparently-conceited “16-year-old boy”.

Lauren should be happy her head is nowhere near that big. :scared1:

This reminds me, I need to do some banking later today. :rolleyes:

picard1.jpg

We exited the ride and picked up the Photopass card for our ride photo. It was pretty good, but do you see anyone who doesn’t look to be their most chipper?

Photo0788.jpg

That looks like the beginnings of a bad ride moment right there. Glad she made it off without anything worse than feeling ill.

James waved his sandwich dramatically, sweeping his arm toward the showroom and asked, “Can we eat in here?”

Like my youngest boy. Master of subtlety.

The prospect of heading back to the resort caused James to start begging
1sm134plead.gif
that he wanted to stay with Judy and Lauren. He’d much rather go to Kidani’s Community Hall than the World Showcase.

And again like my smaller ones, the World Showcase is like Kryptonite to them. They are fine for a while but after the third store it's all over.

Just then, I got a phone call from Judy. She and Lauren were going to go back to the resort, but I had their park passes in my wallet and they wanted them just in case they decided to come back later. So…we had to hoof it back to Future World to meet them. James immediately proclaimed that he wanted to go with them. He’d rather spend the afternoon at Community Hall than tour the borrrring World Showcase with Marlene and me. I relented and let him go. There’s probably nothing worse than dragging a kid through the World Showcase who doesn’t want to be there.

Too bad Lauren didn't perk up. I hope it doesn't last too long and a bit of hydration in a cool room will bring her back. The summer heat can really sap your strength and EPCOT seems to be one of the hottest spots to tour.

First, with writing like that, you need to think about writing a PTR about your upcoming trips my friend! And, in tackling 12 attractions before 12:30, we could learn a thing or two from you, that's for sure!

Isn't planning a trip the best?! Writing about a completed one ain't so bad either. ;)

We've only cruised once, on Royal Caribbean, and loved it. I'd like to try the Disney Cruise Line sometime, but wouldn't mind going on RC again. They (RC) have some cruises that depart from Baltimore on occasion, so that might be more likely than DCL for us.

Thank you for the compliment :blush: I have often thought I didn't have the memory to pull off a detailed trip report. Or perhaps the willingness to take good enough notes to recreate a trip on paper. But I'll think about it.

Just like there are a thousand different ways to visit WDW parks and resorts, I am glad there are so many different cruise options. Different strokes you know? But please don't let anyone over on the cruise boards know I said that -- they can get a little rabid in defense of DCL over there. pirate:

Nope, I guess you're right. Judy wasn't wearing the shades, which I originally thought Dan was talkiing about. And I don't see any other reflection. Maybe if he puts a photoshopped arrow pointing to what he thinks he sees...???

Okay, you had me worried. First, Magdalene sides with Marv :confused3 and now you were, momentarily, agreeing with Dan. :eek: It's like global mayhem. I was half-expecting to see meteors striking the earth and volcanoes sprouting up everywhere. :rotfl2:

Yes, I'd like to see an arrow pointing out this phantom reflection.

I can't believe the things people try to pull to steal a victory in this silly game......... :sad2: Somebody created a monster!!! :rotfl2:

Hard to believe, isn't it? :confused: The Rules Committee is complaining that they're underpaid.

As we get further into this trip report I'm getting more concerned about James. :rotfl:

You folks are catching up with those of us inside the family. Just kidding, he's a good kid. His sisters don't appreciate his company most of the time, but I think that's a normal sibling-thing.

Lauren should be happy her head is nowhere near that big. :scared1:

That is one big-headed test dummy!

Looks like Capt. Picard is having a bad day. I like that picture! I've looked for smiley's that convey that sentiment, but haven't found the right one yet.

That looks like the beginnings of a bad ride moment right there. Glad she made it off without anything worse than feeling ill.

Yeah, and being in the middle seat, that could've been bad. But like you say, "feeling ill" was the extent of it. I, of course, was clueless at that point.

Like my youngest boy. Master of subtlety.

And only one volume: loud.

Too bad Lauren didn't perk up. I hope it doesn't last too long and a bit of hydration in a cool room will bring her back. The summer heat can really sap your strength and EPCOT seems to be one of the hottest spots to tour.

That, and some rest was what she needed.

Thank you for the compliment :blush: I have often thought I didn't have the memory to pull off a detailed trip report. Or perhaps the willingness to take good enough notes to recreate a trip on paper. But I'll think about it.

You'd be surprised what you can remember when you look through your pictures. But some notes definitely help; they don't have to be detailed, just memory-joggers.

Just like there are a thousand different ways to visit WDW parks and resorts, I am glad there are so many different cruise options. Different strokes you know? But please don't let anyone over on the cruise boards know I said that -- they can get a little rabid in defense of DCL over there. pirate:

:ssst: Your secret is safe with me. :rolleyes:

So, I see you couldn't resist the pictures next to the TT dummy pictures, either. The dummies I refer to are painted on the wall, of course. Just wanted to clarify that.

Great job with the in-progress ride photos! I'm impressed at how you got them with no blur. And of course, the speed showed up on the sign in your photos... :headache:

Sorry Lauren wasn't feeling so good. Being sick on vacation is the worst. Period.

And James...no World Showcase? But...but...they have spy missions! I know 36-year-old men who like the spy missions! Come on, man!

I love your TT pictures measuring the kids up the dummies!
Marlene looks so cute in the racoon hat. You are going to have your hands full!;)
I hope Lauren didn't stay sick long!

Poor Lauren, not feeling good at WDW is always a bummer. :sad2:

But otherwise your update was highly amusing. I liked the pictures with your kids and the dummies for their age - I wonder wether boys just have larger heads than girls? I always thought from the pictures that Lauren looked rather tall, but not compared with the average boy? Well, I guess for a girl that is a good thing. :goodvibes

I was way to late to get into any Judy discussions... I guess next time I need to be more alert. :thumbsup2

I remember that we talked about how different this trip was because you did not everything together but split up quite a lot. You mentioned that this was not only a good thing - I wonder wether this split of your family was what you had in mind? I guess everyone going off and having fun is much nicer than one being sick, one having to take care of the sick one and one having no interest in the WS...

But I am sure you and Marlene were spending some quality time together! :thumbsup2

Marlene matches-up pretty well with the “13-year-old girl”. Maybe that’s because she was thirteen?

IMG_3711.jpg
:rotfl: She even has the 13-year-old face down! ;)

We walked into the automobile showroom and Judy said, “We need to take a break for a little bit. Lauren’s not feeling very well.”
Oh no! Poor Lauren.

He’d rather spend the afternoon at Community Hall than tour the borrrring World Showcase with Marlene and me.
Really?! Note to self: don't expose Leo to Community Hall. Ever. ;)

I'm sure Marv would be proud of your effort, but I don't see anything that looks like Judy, just some areas of light on the plastic. Am I missing something?
yep you sure are.
Nope, I guess you're right. Judy wasn't wearing the shades, which I originally thought Dan was talkiing about. And I don't see any other reflection. Maybe if he puts a photoshopped arrow pointing to what he thinks he sees...???

it takes me to long to figure the photoshop thing out so i will use my little letter indicators again.:thumbsup2

right above this is __^____the little triangle corner of the seat is pointing at the flesh colored reflection of what i call judys hand in picture.:thumbsup2

So, I see you couldn't resist the pictures next to the TT dummy pictures, either. The dummies I refer to are painted on the wall, of course. Just wanted to clarify that.

Nice recovery. :laughing:

Great job with the in-progress ride photos! I'm impressed at how you got them with no blur. And of course, the speed showed up on the sign in your photos... :headache:

I wish I could say that I set the camera on a fast shutter speed or at least "Sport mode" or something, but I think I just got lucky with it set to "Automatic".

Wikipedia says the max speed is 65, so I guess we were just shy of red-lining when I took that one picture.

Sorry Lauren wasn't feeling so good. Being sick on vacation is the worst. Period.

Very true.

And James...no World Showcase? But...but...they have spy missions! I know 36-year-old men who like the spy missions! Come on, man!

We did one in '09, but none on this trip. :sad2:

I love your TT pictures measuring the kids up the dummies!

Thanks ma'am. :)

Marlene looks so cute in the racoon hat. You are going to have your hands full!;)

Maybe if she wears one all the time, it'll chase the boys away? :crazy:

I hope Lauren didn't stay sick long!

I don't want to get ahead of the storytelling, but it wasn't too long.

Hey, nice pictures from your trip in your signature. (Please tell me they're relatively new, that they haven't been there this whole time and I never noticed.) I love that one of Levi in your favorite hat.

Poor Lauren, not feeling good at WDW is always a bummer. :sad2:

That is so true.

But otherwise your update was highly amusing. I liked the pictures with your kids and the dummies for their age - I wonder wether boys just have larger heads than girls? I always thought from the pictures that Lauren looked rather tall, but not compared with the average boy? Well, I guess for a girl that is a good thing. :goodvibes

I think that test dummy's head is just unusually large. :laughing:

Lauren's about 5' 4"...which is about average I think. (Actually, Marlene has recently passed her in height, slightly, which Lauren was not exactly thrilled about. :mad: )

I was way to late to get into any Judy discussions... I guess next time I need to be more alert. :thumbsup2

Your lead is still probably safe. ;)

I remember that we talked about how different this trip was because you did not everything together but split up quite a lot. You mentioned that this was not only a good thing - I wonder wether this split of your family was what you had in mind? I guess everyone going off and having fun is much nicer than one being sick, one having to take care of the sick one and one having no interest in the WS...

But I am sure you and Marlene were spending some quality time together! :thumbsup2

We didn't really plan to split up, but things worked out that way on occasion. I realized after the trip that I got to spend some one-on-one time with each kid, which was definitely a good thing. :)

:rotfl: She even has the 13-year-old face down! ;)

I think she had that down well before 13! :rotfl2:

Really?! Note to self: don't expose Leo to Community Hall. Ever. ;)

From what I've seen in Leo in your TRs, I think he'd LOVE :love: Community Hall! He didn't visit it when you stayed at Kidani?

yep you sure are.

it takes me to long to figure the photoshop thing out so i will use my little letter indicators again.:thumbsup2

right above this is __^____the little triangle corner of the seat is pointing at the flesh colored reflection of what i call judys hand in picture.:thumbsup2

I tried circling what it looks to me like your arrow is pointing to. Is it this slightly different colored section on the back of the seat?

IMG_3719-1.jpg

I think that test dummy's head is just unusually large. :laughing:

Lauren's about 5' 4"...which is about average I think. (Actually, Marlene has recently passed her in height, slightly, which Lauren was not exactly thrilled about. :mad: )

My DS is 16 and probably 5'10" and has a big head. :lmao: Right now he has the unruly shaggy hair until Spring when his head gets hot and he cuts it.

I hear talk of Royal Caribbean! My first and only cruise was with them and I LOVED IT. Of course, I'm sad I won't be able to join the youth club....That was my favourite part of the cruise. I guess I'll have to find more "adult" activities to enjoy.

I hear talk of Royal Caribbean! My first and only cruise was with them and I LOVED IT. Of course, I'm sad I won't be able to join the youth club....That was my favourite part of the cruise. I guess I'll have to find more "adult" activities to enjoy.

Did you see the pictures on the main page for the Kid's Clubs on the Disney Dream? Wow! I wish I was a kid again. They even have thier own hot tubs?! :eek:

On second thought I don't think I'll show my DS16 any of those pics. :laughing:

My DS is 16 and probably 5'10" and has a big head. :lmao: Right now he has the unruly shaggy hair until Spring when his head gets hot and he cuts it.

So you're saying that Test Track dummy painting could be accurate? If he shaved his head for charity (like Dan's going to do), would it still be that big?

yep that is the reflection of judys hand or leg.
:thumbsup2

The Rules Committee can't believe they actually have to make a ruling on this. But they say, no, even if (and that's a big if) it's a reflection off of Judy, you can't tell what it is.

Don't laugh, I think he's gunning for your "most creative" title.

Thank you OJ. I never thought I'd say those words, unless I had just stopped at a Florida Welcome Center.

That was a good one!

Poor Lauren :( You can definitely tell she wasn't feeling too good on Test Track. :sick:

Love the pictures of Marlene's hair on TT! :rotfl:

I would have let James go too. You can't enjoy yourself if you have to be with someone who doesn't want to be there. It's a win-win situation! :thumbsup2

Cruises are great! Well, that's my opinion after only one, like you.

It stinks getting old Yuki. :rotfl2:

Did you see the pictures on the main page for the Kid's Clubs on the Disney Dream? Wow! I wish I was a kid again. They even have thier own hot tubs?! :eek:

On second thought I don't think I'll show my DS16 any of those pics. :laughing:

No, I haven't seen them yet. I did see some pictures of the restaurants, maybe they put up the Kid's Clubs pictures afterward. Hot tubs in the Kid's Clubs? After seeing clips of The Bachelor and other shows like that, I'm not sure that's a good idea!

Wait a second, at the resorts they don't allow kids under a certain age to be in the hot tubs without a parent....so, how can they have them in these clubs where the parents are not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter