• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The moderator hat has been hung up

I've been wondering where you'd disappeared to - just assumed life in Orlando was wonderfully hectic - sounds like I wasn't wrong :cool1:

Best wishes to you and Jana, Vernon. Everything is coming together for the family now.

Are you allowed to PM to let me know what it is you do at Disney? I'm intrigued now.

Many happy years there for you - keep in touch with us all when you can.

Annie x

Good wishes from me too, I'd noticed you'd been missing for some time but had seen the occasional post from Jana. I wonder if we are to look for a 'Vernon' badge when in The World, or if you'll be 'behind the scenes'. Whatever, the very best of luck with your Disney career. :sunny:

I will miss your posts. I hope you and Jana are very happy and that you continue to do well in you career.

Wishing you lots of happiness for the future.

Hi Vernon, i knew you were living and working in the land of the mouse, but i didn't realise you were actualy working for Disney, i'm so sad to see you go as your knowlege and excellent advice to me over the past 6 years has been invaluable!

I wish you and Jana all the love and luck in the world,

Audrey
xxxxxxx

God luck Vernon - you were the first Diser to buy me a drink ;)

Hope to hear more about your new career :flower:

It's been some time since we first met up at one of London Meets where you explained the vagaries of DVC!

Your well reasoned posts will be sincerely missed but I understand your position.

All the very best for whatever the future holds for you.

Vernon,
Wishing you all the best for the future,which looks very rosy :flower:

Shame you didn't get a chance to say goodbye on the moderator board though :earseek:

Karen xx

Vernon, thanks for all your hard work over the past few years. I hope you and Jana have a wonderful life together in Florida.

Kev

Thanks Kaylee for that

Kazzie I would tend to agree

Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes and messages.

At the moment I'm working in the reservation center, there are a few interesting plans/career routes there. I'm also hoping that something will turn up at DVC. As any of you who've heard me drone on about how wonderful the DVC program is, will know DVC is my first love of all things Disney. The usual route for DVC things is to start as one of the people on the booths in the parks/hotels helping to set up appointments for people to take the tours so if you see a plumpish geezer with an English accent and a name tag "Vernon" on, don't be shy, do come and say hi as it's almost certain it will be me.

I am serious on the invite to try and meet up etc, so do drop me a line if you'd like to, or even if you just want a bit of "local knowledge" prior to a trip. I'll try and give you up to the minute info on what's going on (no company secrets OBVIOUSLY) .

I plan to continue to read the boards and post if I can come up with a non controversial answer :D

Keep in touch guys and it's been a pleasure to have been part of this community over the years

Vernon, when I first plucked up the courage to post after lurking for a few weeks, you were the first to answer and were so kind and helpful. Good luck to you in your new career, can't think of a better job than working at Disney! :goodvibes

Good luck Vernon and thank you for your time and patience when I was a newbie!

All the very best, Vernon. Your insight will certainly be missed here. And we WILL be in touch!

Good luck Vernon.

Your posts back in 1999 were some of the ones that got me into the DIS and while I tend not to post a great deal I am still here, reading away. So, thanks for the advice you have given over the years, it may not have been directed at me but I took it none the less. :teeth:

lots of good wishes from Mark & I, Vernon :wave2:

Hope you and Jana enjoy your new life together (from another DIS couple), and wish you continued success in your fab new job :cheer2:

Good luck with your career Vernon. You will be missed here.

Take care, Verity.xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter