The Millers on The Magic!!!

omalley1118

DIS Veteran
The day has finally arrived!!!! We flew into Fort Lauderdale yesterday and stayed at the Holiday Inn on Collins Avenue in Miami Beach list night. The hotel is right on the beach Nd gorgeous. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Right now we are waiting for our ride to the POM for an 11 am PAT. The excitement is mounting!!!

Tis is our third DCL cruise and first time on the Magic. We are form N.J. I am a psych nurse and DH is a software engineer. He works way too much, and I am in school as well. We both need this break!! DD Jordan is 11, and DS is 9. We are very much looking forward to this trip for some down time!!!

I have read such mixed reviews lately, but I am going to be an optimist!!! We are the 6th deck forward!!

Bon Voyage!!!!

We are here!!! I wanted to post prior to dropping off the grid. The weather is perfect!! We arrived at 10am and dropped our bags with the porter before getting in line. There were maybe 50 here. We got into the building at 1035 and headed up!! How exciting!!

I walked right into the line and got our keys. We then moved right to the kids club line and were first there also!! No wait!!

We were able to get pics with Mickey & Minnie before boarding, they started at 1145ish. We had Group 3 and were aboard by 1155!! Hearing your family name announced never gets old!!!

We went to Cabanas for a nice lunch and gorgeous view of Miami!! The grilled swordfish was yummy!! It wasn't crowded at all!

From what I've seen so far, the Magic is in great shape!!! Our room is pristine!! The safe was the only issue. It won't lock! DH is waiting for someone now!! The kids are in the pool!!

Life is great!!!

Fellow Jersey Girl here....have a wonderful time....

....I love the Magic's adult pool....:thumbsup2

Ok, time to try to finish this!! The cruise was absolutely fabulous!!!

Weather: perfect!!! The days were warm around 80. The nights were a bit cooler, but not cold. We never needed sweaters or sweatshirts. We did not have one drop of rain either.

Castaway Cay: I love this island! The four of us rented bikes for an hour, which was a blast. We rode all around, including out to the observation tower. This offers a great view of the island. The beaches were not crowded at all. The water was chilly at first, but not bad after you got in. There were many adults in the water. The rest if my family enjoyed Pelican Plunge, while I "guarded" our stuff. I am a chicken, freely admitted!!! We ate at Cookies Too for lunch and enjoyed the bar b q. I loved the Christmas decorations on the island.

Dining: We had AACL for our dining rotation, which was exactly what I wanted. We sat at table 77 and had Valentine from the Ukraine and Dipa from Indonesia. They were both lovely and very interactive with the kids. My son enjoyed having everything cut for him. I told him to not get used to that... I am not a "foodie" at all, and in the past I have had issues with finding things to eat. Not this time!!! We so enjoyed the food! I ate more seafood in four days than in the past year!! The lobster Mac and cheese in Lumiere's was amazing!!! My husband had the Chateaubriand and loved it as well. The wait staff was so very accommodating to my very picky 11 yo daughter. After the first night, there was always a dish of grapes awaiting her. This pleased her greatly!!! My son is so much more adventurous about food than she is. He ordered several soups and/or appetizers off the adult menu and loved them! I really enjoyed the show in AP!! For breakfast, we went to either Lumiere's or Cabanas. I preferred the buffet, while DH really enjoyed the sit down service at the other.

Aquadunk: I can only tell you what my kids thought of it, as there was absolutely no way that I was going to try that!!! "Sick!!!" They went on about 15 times each through out the cruise. It was closed at several points, not sure why.

Movies: We watched Frozen in 2D as a family, and then they went back and watched it in 3D. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie!!! I think this is the best one Disney has produced in awhile. The music is wonderful. The characters were adorable.

Kids clubs: our kids spent some time in the Oceaneer Club and Lab. They loved the new superheroes areas. My daughter could have gone to the tween area but chose not to do so. As she would have had to go alone, I am not surprised. She's not very outgoing and is more comfortable with her brother, even when he drives her crazy!!

Holiday theming: I loved the decorations!!! I thought it was tastefully done without being overdone. We went to the King Triton Christmas Tree lighting on the first night. We made gingerbread houses in a class with the pasty chef, Christian. We got pictures with Santa!!! I think that was only offered the day at sea. I loved seeing the characters in Holiday outfits.

We rebooked on board for next December n the Wonder. That's how much we loved it!!!

All in all, this was an awesome trip!!! Honestly, the issue with the safe was the only one we had. Until of course we tried to leave... We were scheduled to fly back to Philadelphia on Sunday at 1205 PM. First we were delayed an hour. So at 1:05 we are ready to take off and actually got out to the runway...before being called back to the gate. Yes, the flight was cancelled! We ended up staying overnight and flying out the next night. That flight was delayed an hour, and we really thought we were screwed again!!! Now that we are back home, in the snow, I wondering why I thought being stuck in South Florida was a problem...

Please feel free to ask any and all questions!!!

Hi,
We are going on the Magic next Wed. We always get matching PJ's for our whole family for Christmas and I thought this year it would be fun to get one's from the Magic. last year they had these great "cruising through the Holidays" Pj's on boards for the whole family. Did they have anything like that? If you could let me know that would be great because we don't get back until Christmas eve so I need to either order them now or pick them up on the ship. thanks! Glad you had such a good time!

Hi,
We are going on the Magic next Wed. We always get matching PJ's for our whole family for Christmas and I thought this year it would be fun to get one's from the Magic. last year they had these great "cruising through the Holidays" Pj's on boards for the whole family. Did they have anything like that? If you could let me know that would be great because we don't get back until Christmas eve so I need to either order them now or pick them up on the ship. thanks! Glad you had such a good time!

Hmmm.... There was an area of the store with Christmas apparel, and I know there were PJs, but I couldn't tell you what they looked like sorry... I bought Christmas Ts and hats for the kids to wear in pics.

Did you mention stateroom # ? Also - any reports of plumbing problems from you or others you saw? That's my main concern - we're booked for April.

Did you mention stateroom # ? Also - any reports of plumbing problems from you or others you saw? That's my main concern - we're booked for April.

We stayed in 6006 which is very far forward. We did not have a single plumbing problem, nor did I hear of anyone having one. As mentioned earlier, our only issue was with the safe. The room was immaculate!!! I superficially looked at the tile, since so many had mentioned it. Ours was very clean.

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip! My family had the pleasure of having Valentine as our server on the Dream a few years ago. I am hoping to see him still on the Magic in October!

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip! My family had the pleasure of having Valentine as our server on the Dream a few years ago. I am hoping to see him still on the Magic in October!

The two servers were really nice! They were more reserved than some, but I'm ok with that. Both interacted really well with our kids. Tey always had grapes for my daughter, which became a running joke of sorts. I highly recommend both of them!!,

We went to Cabanas for a nice lunch and gorgeous view of Miami!! The grilled swordfish was yummy!! It wasn't crowded at all!

From what I've seen so far, the Magic is in great shape!!! Our room is pristine!! The safe was the only issue. It won't lock! DH is waiting for someone now!! The kids are in the pool!!

Life is great!!!
Do you know if they offered lunch at one of the sit down restaurants or is just the Cabanas open for lunch on the first day?

thanks for sharing your experience. I am booked on the Magic in 28 days and wondered if you might share your Navigators please?

Did either of your children participate in The Avengers Academy? We are going in February and I am kind of wondering what my son should expect. Thanks!

Thank you so much for sharing!! We are sailing on the Magic over Easter! Super excited to see how that goes! We have sailed the Wonder twice so very thrilled to see another shop! The Aqua Dunk looks wild, but I gotta try it! I have twins DD and DS both 10 and a DH- we are all pumped to sail!! Glad you had a super time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter