• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The McSparklesons are BACK and they are CRUISIN! COMPLETE 10/4

Great update!

I can so identify with you and your DD not being into the princesses anymore. It is a terrible moment when you realize they are past all of that and we are not!
My DD has been there for a while now.... :guilty: Thankfully my kids still love Disney...my DS is graduating HS next year and the Disney cruise is what he what he wants to do for his graduation! :banana:

Agreeing with everyone else that the Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's are a great idea and what a deal! :thumbsup2

Great Update!!!!

Already told my DH next cruise, it's mimosa's and bloody mary's all the way in the morning. Woo, freakin', Hoo! :rotfl2:

Too bad our girls have to grow up. Sad when then grow up and out of the princess stage. Or, when they are old enough on the cruise that the only time you see them is for dinner. Otherwise they are always with their friends chillin. But, it is the best of all worlds, it is a mom and dad vacation; a kids vacation; and a family vacation. Cuz ya all get to do what you want either together or apart. It is definitely a win-win for us all now that our girls are older. :banana:

woooo-hoooo for a week count down!!!

What happens at WDW stays at WDW right?? :)

Not when Dis moms make a trip report AND take camera's, and phones with pic messages LOL :rolleyes1 I expect some good drunk text :lmao:

Thank you and I will next time! We live nowhere near Tuskaloosa. The entire state was devastated and the news makes it seem like it was one part. An F-5 (the longest in recorded history) took out a lot of my town and we sustained damage from an F-3 earlier in the day. What happened in Tuskaloosa is so sad but we had tons of death and destruction here too. On day 3 of hiding out in SC my DH got a call from one of his employees in NYC who said he had been trying his office line over and over and couldn't get through. It never occurred to him that all everything in Huntsville was damaged and no one was there. North Alabama was without power for 5-7 days because the tornado damaged it. nuts.

After that first DOTD, it was time for Goofy Fitness!

Goofy Fitness VIDEO!

Ally and Tori were right in the thick of the action. But once Goofy really started making them work out, they got the heck outta there! Push ups on Vacation???? Who could blame them for moving to the outskirts of the action?

ImportedPhotos00189.jpg

ImportedPhotos00187.jpg

ImportedPhotos00183.jpg

Andif you didn't get enought of the Cha Cha Slide at the Sail Away Party....

Fun in the Sun VIDEO!

ImportedPhotos00252.jpg

ImportedPhotos00251.jpg

Today was the day that Toy Story 3 Director Lee Unrich was speaking. I had every intention of making that but that darn pool gravity took over and I could not seem to tear myself away from this.....

ImportedPhotos00176.jpg

From what I hear this was well worth it..... like so many other things that we just never made!!!!

At 3pm I went to the St Thomas Shopping Highlights in the Promenade Lounge. "Flash" Gordon gave us the ins and outs of deals in St Thomas and since we were getting Jeff a new watch for his birthday......

When I went back to find Jeff, he was still in the same place.... snoozing. And I was really jealous.

Ally was off bouncing from pool to pool with Tori. And it was at this time that we gave Ally "the test." We told her that because she had been so responsible all day, keeping us posted where she was at all times, that we would give her in/out priviledges at the Oceaneer's Lab and Club. She was so proud and so excited. Yes she was only 9 years old (10 in a few days.....) but I guess I had that false sense of security because we were on a DISNEY ship. I would NEVER let her go off by herself at WDW, yet for some reason I felt very safe here......

And as comedian John Charles sang on the last night..... (to the tune of When You Wish Upon a Star.....)

"When you're sitting at the bar.....
Wondering where your children are.....
Here's a tip....
You're on a ship....
They can't.... be.... faaaaaarrrrrr!"

So true, so true.......

Tonight's show was "Villains Tonight" which proved to be my favorite of the cruise.... at least the part I actually got to see.....

Up next.... Wardrobe Malfunction....:rolleyes1

Love watching the videos. Fun Dave was everywhere. You are upset because you missed some of the other events around the ship and I am thinking that we should have hung out at the pool a little bit so the kids could have done these sort of things.

So now we are thinking about changing our July 2012 5-night Canadian cruise to a June 2012 8-night Bahamian. It would cost the same if we moved to an inside room but Matt is not thrilled about not having a verandah. Spoiled kid.

Love watching the videos. Fun Dave was everywhere. You are upset because you missed some of the other events around the ship and I am thinking that we should have hung out at the pool a little bit so the kids could have done these sort of things.

So now we are thinking about changing our July 2012 5-night Canadian cruise to a June 2012 8-night Bahamian. It would cost the same if we moved to an inside room but Matt is not thrilled about not having a verandah. Spoiled kid.

I booked an inside stateroom for March next year.....:sad2: And I am not thrilled about not having a verandah.... spoiled Kara. But sadly, I have to go over spring break and next year our break is the week before Easter which means super inflated prices.....

DAVE - that's his name!!! I couldn't remember it! He was a dead ringer for our real estate agent though (and I did NOT like my agent!!!!) so I had to try to separate the two.......

Yeah, right..... :rolleyes1

Great update!

I can so identify with you and your DD not being into the princesses anymore. It is a terrible moment when you realize they are past all of that and we are not!
My DD has been there for a while now.... :guilty: Thankfully my kids still love Disney...my DS is graduating HS next year and the Disney cruise is what he what he wants to do for his graduation! :banana:

Agreeing with everyone else that the Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's are a great idea and what a deal! :thumbsup2

Jeff keeps saying that if Ally suddenly "out grows" Disney this year, we are cancelling next year's cruise and booking on RCCL. I said, "but who said I would out grown Disney?????" Silly man.

Great Update!!!!

Already told my DH next cruise, it's mimosa's and bloody mary's all the way in the morning. Woo, freakin', Hoo! :rotfl2:

Too bad our girls have to grow up. Sad when then grow up and out of the princess stage. Or, when they are old enough on the cruise that the only time you see them is for dinner. Otherwise they are always with their friends chillin. But, it is the best of all worlds, it is a mom and dad vacation; a kids vacation; and a family vacation. Cuz ya all get to do what you want either together or apart. It is definitely a win-win for us all now that our girls are older. :banana:

So glad I could spend some money for you on your next cruise. Tell your DH I said, "you're welcome!" :rotfl2:

You are so right. A cruise with a good kids program is the best of ALL worlds (trying to avoid singing Hannah Montana there......).

Not when Dis moms make a trip report AND take camera's, and phones with pic messages LOL :rolleyes1 I expect some good drunk text :lmao:

Perfectly stated!!!!! Drunk text????? :confused3

Thank you and I will next time! We live nowhere near Tuskaloosa. The entire state was devastated and the news makes it seem like it was one part. An F-5 (the longest in recorded history) took out a lot of my town and we sustained damage from an F-3 earlier in the day. What happened in Tuskaloosa is so sad but we had tons of death and destruction here too. On day 3 of hiding out in SC my DH got a call from one of his employees in NYC who said he had been trying his office line over and over and couldn't get through. It never occurred to him that all everything in Huntsville was damaged and no one was there. North Alabama was without power for 5-7 days because the tornado damaged it. nuts.

I feel for you. I think Tuscaloosa got so much pub because of U of A. That is the city that everyone thinks of when you hear Alabama (I guess?). But so sorry to hear about all that!!!! My company is based out of Chattanooga, TN and they had 7 tornadoes touch down IN ONE DAY during all that mess! Quite a few deaths and so much destruction, but because there wasn't that HUGE twister, it didn't get as much pub either. I grew up in Kansas City and remember spending many nights in the basement....... My dad would hold me up to the basement windows so I could see the tornadoes in the sky. I think that's where I developed my fascination for weather. My dad taught me not to fear weather, but to respect it, and I love it to this day.....

that is so wrong---no verandah? that's against the rules of nature. But the mojo will prevail!

Hi Kara!! My name is Becky and I just found your TR on Michelle's (SoonerGirl's) PTR! We are going on out first Disney cruise next May--7-day Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!! Can't wait to read all about your cruise--I'm already enjoying it!! Your writing is so fun and witty--very entertaining!! :goodvibes Oh--and I have an Ally (Allyson) as well--my oldest daughter!

And as comedian John Charles sang on the last night..... (to the tune of When You Wish Upon a Star.....)

"When you're sitting at the bar.....
Wondering where your children are.....
Here's a tip....
You're on a ship....
They can't.... be.... faaaaaarrrrrr!"
Ok I couldnt do it to that tune, I did that tune from the Parenthood movie.. when your sliding into 1st and you feel a big old burst diarrhea phh phhh diarrhea (sorry this is what happens when you have boys.. lol:lmao:)

I booked an inside stateroom for March next year.....:sad2: And I am not thrilled about not having a verandah.... spoiled Kara. But sadly, I have to go over spring break and next year our break is the week before Easter which means super inflated prices.....
We had an inside on our Disney Cruise.... then a balcony on the Carny. and a window on our RCCL... Im not sure I can ever go back to an inside. The boys loved it cuz it was ubber dark so they could sleep till noon. I hate that so I will need at least a window.. but im not sure if I could give up the balcony.

Jeff keeps saying that if Ally suddenly "out grows" Disney this year, we are cancelling next year's cruise and booking on RCCL. I said, "but who said I would out grown Disney?????" Silly man.
I thought my boys would outgrow it too but even E want to sail with the mouse again.

You are so right. A cruise with a good kids program is the best of ALL worlds (trying to avoid singing Hannah Montana there......).
SO TRUE!!!!:rolleyes1

Perfectly stated!!!!! Drunk text????? :confused3
HA.. Ask El and Jen about my famouse text :rotfl2:

that is so wrong---no verandah? that's against the rules of nature. But the mojo will prevail!
If you work an inside room into a verandah.. im going on every vacation with you from now on!

I am so anal that I will find the deal that bumps me into the verandah stateroom. It might be that I get a deal and pay form ocean view and get upgraded, or I might win the lottery...... but somehow, some way.....

Hi Kara!! My name is Becky and I just found your TR on Michelle's (SoonerGirl's) PTR! We are going on out first Disney cruise next May--7-day Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!! Can't wait to read all about your cruise--I'm already enjoying it!! Your writing is so fun and witty--very entertaining!! :goodvibes Oh--and I have an Ally (Allyson) as well--my oldest daughter!

OK, you are the second person I've met with an Allyson (Ally). One of my Ally's BFFs in Florida was an Ally (Allyson) - it's the spelling that always gets people. Jeff wanted the traditional Allison. I wanted Allyson. We were getting ready to check out of the hospital after she was born and they wouldn't let us leave without filling out her birth certificate.

I guess they frown upon " " as a given name.....

Anyway, I finally just wrote down "Allyson." Jeff asked why I got to pick the name....

"Well, remember when we built our house and I wanted blue shutters and you wanted green? We got green so you won that one."

So now every time we are out somewhere and they have all the personalized Christmas ornaments or door hangers, Jeff tells Ally, "I would have bought you this 'Allison' magnet but Mommy spelled your name wrong."

So as she gets older, she can thank me for her lack of tacky door magnets......

As for the cruise, you will absolutely LOVE it!!!! We are doing the Magic again next March, then in May I'm doing a 4 night Dream with my DISmoms...... But I just do not know if I'll love the big ship. Right now the Magic has my heart.... :cloud9:

Ok I couldnt do it to that tune, I did that tune from the Parenthood movie.. when your sliding into 1st and you feel a big old burst diarrhea phh phhh diarrhea (sorry this is what happens when you have boys.. lol:lmao:)

We had an inside on our Disney Cruise.... then a balcony on the Carny. and a window on our RCCL... Im not sure I can ever go back to an inside. The boys loved it cuz it was ubber dark so they could sleep till noon. I hate that so I will need at least a window.. but im not sure if I could give up the balcony.

If you work an inside room into a verandah.. im going on every vacation with you from now on!

Girl I do have some mojo. We lived in Florida for almost 3 years, on all but one of our MANY weekend trips, we were upgraded. At AKL I paid for the parking lot view, overlooking the garbage dump, next door to the rattling washer in the laundry room.... We were upgraded to Savannah view. At All Star Movies, we were not only upgraded to CSR (yes, from a value to a mod), but once we got to CSR we were upgraded to preferred room with new queen beds, remodeled, in the building right next to registration. At VWL, upgraded from parking lot view to woods view. Need I say more?????

So ya never know, right???? :confused3

Hello Mrs McS! Finally caught up. :3dglasses You look Mahvalous all dressed up, but I know you know you are too sexy!:worship:

Giggle Rasul-girl needs to be transferred to another department until she grows up. :headache: It's hard enough not to watch the clock as it is.

You had me crying with your non-princess reaction. It happens so fast, doesn't it? I remember when you were sharing pics of Ally so excited to meet the princesses. :sad2:

I find that we usually get too relaxed to join in the activities we think look interesting, too! It just feels too good to relax and be waited on!:thumbsup2

Glad you see you enjoying your cruise so much! I'm really trying to keep my fingers from pulling the trigger on a booking! But, as you said, I am going to do whatever it takes to be at WDW with my grandbabies in 2013 - that means we will probably not do a trip next year, except maybe to DLR because we have family to see there.

I'm worried about the Wardrobe malfunction:eek:

Not on your life! It is your responsibility to share with all of us who can only live vicariously through the rest of you!:rotfl:

Tammie, not to hijack this TR, but I totally get the grandbaby thing. I'm taking my granddaughters for their first Disney trip. I've been saving for months for a magical trip. I'm so excited. :cloud9:

Tammie, not to hijack this TR, but I totally get the grandbaby thing. I'm taking my granddaughters for their first Disney trip. I've been saving for months for a magical trip. I'm so excited. :cloud9:

I know it will be worth the sacrifice! Next month is the month I start buying Disney gift cards to save up for meals. It will be fun to actually start putting the plan in place!:yay:

I was hoping to get another chapter in before the weekend - heading to WDW for the THIRD annual DISmoms trip! :cool1: So of course there will be a crazy TR for that one!!!!

So I'll be back on Wednesday and can hopefully update then!!!! My stomach is too mangled right now to do anything - I am such a nervous flyer!!!! :eek:

I'm new to disboards- and love it! What great advice and tips. We are also in Greenville (eastside). We are taking our first cruise on the Dream. Although we have been to WDW and DL over 15 times we have never done a cruise.

I'm new to disboards- and love it! What great advice and tips. We are also in Greenville (eastside). We are taking our first cruise on the Dream. Although we have been to WDW and DL over 15 times we have never done a cruise.

I spent several years in the Pelham Rd area before moving to Sparkle City.....Then 3 years in Florida, now in Woodruff, well sort of. Dist 4 schools but actually a Greer address.

You will LOVE the cruise!!! We have booked another on the Magic for next years Spring Break and I'm counting down the days!!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter