The MCLOVINS Hit the World - HARD!!!!! *COMPLETED*

Hey Lia! I'm all caught up on your TR. You are such a great writer and very funny!

I love bathrooms that say something other than the usual "men & women", too. The AKL ones are my favorite!

Aww too cute about the little girl! I wonder if they were going to 1900 PF to celebrate with Cinderella?

Wow wow wow! I have missed a lot! I do love that we're still on the FIRST DAY. I enjoy extra long trip reports. Mine was quite short...but it got the point across.

I understand the emotion of it all. Even as a guy. I love Disney and every day I'm away from it makes me that much more sad. Some day though...someday.

Basin looks amazing. I wanna get a bar of Mickey soap for my house at school. The pink, black, and white one matches the stuff my roommate and I picked out for our bathroom. :rotfl: I wonder how much it would cost to buy the entire loaf (for lack of a better word) of soap. Then I could just keep slicing my own bars as needed.

Oh, Titanic. I've never actually seen the entire movie. I know, right? I don't know how I've managed to avoid it all these years. But anytime anyone mentions Titanic I always belt out "My Heart Will Go On". Always. Fun story. I learned how to play that song on the xylophone in music class in 3rd grade.

Can I just say that I love how so many DISers pull out the Full House references. It's wonderful. Because Full House is an excellent show. And I will always love it. Especially the theme song. Which I have had stuck in my head for days.

And thanks for the info! I definitely think I'll change over to Flickr when I start my actual trip report. I'm too lazy to move all of my PTR pics over there.

Hey Lia! I'm all caught up on your TR. You are such a great writer and very funny!

I love bathrooms that say something other than the usual "men & women", too. The AKL ones are my favorite!

Aww too cute about the little girl! I wonder if they were going to 1900 PF to celebrate with Cinderella?

Hey!! Thanks so much for reading & the sweet compliments :goodvibes !!

I think they were princess:

Wow wow wow! I have missed a lot! I do love that we're still on the FIRST DAY. I enjoy extra long trip reports. Mine was quite short...but it got the point across.

I understand the emotion of it all. Even as a guy. I love Disney and every day I'm away from it makes me that much more sad. Some day though...someday.

HEY... I warned y'all about the LOOOOOOOONG report!! But the next update WILL be Day 2, so yay!

It's awesome to hear from a guy that you get that Disney emotion! I can't get married unless a guy is willing to tolerate this obsession so you give me hope!! I hope you get to go soon :)

Basin looks amazing. I wanna get a bar of Mickey soap for my house at school. The pink, black, and white one matches the stuff my roommate and I picked out for our bathroom. :rotfl: I wonder how much it would cost to buy the entire loaf (for lack of a better word) of soap. Then I could just keep slicing my own bars as needed.

Oh, Titanic. I've never actually seen the entire movie. I know, right? I don't know how I've managed to avoid it all these years. But anytime anyone mentions Titanic I always belt out "My Heart Will Go On". Always. Fun story. I learned how to play that song on the xylophone in music class in 3rd grade.

Can I just say that I love how so many DISers pull out the Full House references. It's wonderful. Because Full House is an excellent show. And I will always love it. Especially the theme song. Which I have had stuck in my head for days.

And thanks for the info! I definitely think I'll change over to Flickr when I start my actual trip report. I'm too lazy to move all of my PTR pics over there.

HAHAHA omg omg, you are so funny. Cutting your own loaf of soap. We have a Basin-like place in Manhattan called Sabon (which I thought was the best ever, but Basin trumps it) and they literally have the soap just sitting there in slabs and they cut it right in front of you. It's amazing!!

I have a friend who's never seen Titanic and a couple years ago she decided that she will VOW to avoid it at all costs just b/c she had made it that long without seeing it. I think that's funny.

Full House was my life as a child. I actually watched a whole episode for the first time in awhile this morning and I was cracking up so hard like I was 8 again.

Def change to Flickr! Soo much better and stress free! :wizard:

Thanks for reading everyone :dance3: I will try and update again tomorrow!

Those soaps are too cute! How much was one slice of them?

Those make your own soy candles look nice too. How does it work though....do they get compressed and then a wick is inserted or something? I love Dippin Dots. I used to get them all the time when they only cost $2 CDN, but now it's the same size, for $4 CDN!! What a rip off

Ooooh, that's a nice cadillac. I think DBF and I are gonna definitely check out the interior ;)

I seriously smiled throughout this whole update.

I can just picture you talking to that little girl in the bathroom. She sounds so cute! And I'm sure you made her day just taking the time to talk to her. And that pic you took from the toliet?! HILARIOUS! That is a cute purse thingy-whatever you want to call it. lol

Basin! :love: How I love thee. I could spend quite some time in there. :rotfl: My problem though is that I would never want to use any soaps I buy.

:rotfl: Titanic! Man, I haven't seen that movie in forrrrevvvvveeerrr!

Wow lia! Great pic of your wristlet hanging on the bathroom door you took while sitting on the toilet! LOL! That’s hilarious! ANYWAY…great pics of the soap! Those soaps are just adorable!! LOL@rose&jack “hanging out”. Those are some beautiful pics of GF! Seriously can’t wait until next update!

Those soaps are too cute! How much was one slice of them?

Those make your own soy candles look nice too. How does it work though....do they get compressed and then a wick is inserted or something? I love Dippin Dots. I used to get them all the time when they only cost $2 CDN, but now it's the same size, for $4 CDN!! What a rip off

Ooooh, that's a nice cadillac. I think DBF and I are gonna definitely check out the interior ;)

Oh gosh, I can't remember how much the soaps are! But i'm sure if you ask on the Theme Parks Board or Community Board someone will know!

The soy candles... they have wicks they insert for you, and then once you light the wick and let it burn for awhile, all the little pieces melt together and then it just looks like a normal candle. :)

I seriously smiled throughout this whole update.

I can just picture you talking to that little girl in the bathroom. She sounds so cute! And I'm sure you made her day just taking the time to talk to her. And that pic you took from the toliet?! HILARIOUS! That is a cute purse thingy-whatever you want to call it. lol

Basin! :love: How I love thee. I could spend quite some time in there. :rotfl: My problem though is that I would never want to use any soaps I buy.

:rotfl: Titanic! Man, I haven't seen that movie in forrrrevvvvveeerrr!

I'm happy it made you smile!! :yay:

Thanks - I call it a wristlet! I got it 4 years ago at the MK, and unfortunately now it's ripping :( But I love it!

LOL on the soap thing - i'm like that with everything like that that I buy. I never want to ruin how pretty it is!

Wow lia! Great pic of your wristlet hanging on the bathroom door you took while sitting on the toilet! LOL! That’s hilarious! ANYWAY…great pics of the soap! Those soaps are just adorable!! LOL@rose&jack “hanging out”. Those are some beautiful pics of GF! Seriously can’t wait until next update!

hahaha Thanks! I keep it classy with the toilet pictures :thumbsup2

Since this is the family friendly DIS... Jack and Rose WERE hanging out!! Don't let anyone tell you different! ;)

April 12, 2010
Day 2, Part 1 In Which I Cry Enough To Drown The Magic Kingdom

I posted this on Twitter the morning of April 12, 2010:
Too excited to sleep..again! Magic Kingdom opens at 9 so I'm kinda contemplating getting ready now. Early start LOLOLOL I love life 3:46 AM Apr 12th via txt

This proves that I am superhuman while at Disney and don't need sleep. I really was going to get up and prepare for our FIRST EVER time getting to the MK for opening and seeing the Welcome Show. I think, that FINALLY, after about 200 loops of Stacey, I fell back to sleep and woke up three minutes later when Mickey and Stitch called.

THE DISNEY WAKE UP CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live for this. I LIVE. FOR THIS.

I just can't stay off property. Ever.

Mickey does not make phonecalls to Hiltons and Double Trees, and that's the number one reason. He just doesn't.

Unlike most people, I LOVE Stitch. I mean, love him as in... I have 5 stuffed Stitchs and a Stitch piggy bank in which is mouth is gaping open and that's where you drop the money in.

It's precious, really.

So I am THRILLED when I pick up the phone and hear Stitch yelling at me: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLEEPING!!" Omg.

Mickey says, "Sorry Folks! Ever since Stitch escaped into the Magic Kingdom, there's been a lot of excitement around here!"

I reply, "WHAT are you apologizing for? I love that lunatic!"

"Well, have a magical day!"

It's so fun.

I was impressed with the way we got out of the room pretty quickly and as soon as we walked up to the bus stop, the Magic Kingdom bus arrived! Pixie dust!

Magic Kingdom is ALWAYS the first theme park we go to. It would feel weird otherwise. Throughout childhood trips, we would just kind of wander over there around 11:00 am. Idiots!!!!! Right? Then when I was about 10 I started doing my research and told my parents we needed to get there at opening. They said that this is vacation and they didn't want to wake up that early. WHAAAAAAAAAT?!

So, on this trip, I didn't want to force my mom to get up at 7 every morning. I mean, it was kind enough of her to take me on a WDW trip for my birthday, and I didn't want her to have sour memories of being exhausted the entire time. BUT I told her that on the first morning, she had to get up with me so that we could go to the MK together on the first day.

Because really, what is the point of spending all this money if you can't go to the Magic Kingdom with your loved one on your first morning?

She happily agreed and so here we were, walking through the turnstiles at 8 something in the morning. We picked a spot in the middle so that we could get a great view of the Welcome Show. I was more concerned with experiencing that than going under the train station to get a good spot for rope drop.

4709396396_70f6119d7a_b.jpg

4708754719_101b0c8186_b.jpg

"Keeping Dreams On Track - Walter E. Disney" I'll say. :love:

It wasn't too crowded this morning:

4708754177_fdbc22fd5d_b.jpg

4708754529_2c1d45974a_b.jpg

After an eternity of waiting (aka: 20 minutes), the Welcome Show began.

Oh my God.

If you are a big enough Disney fan that your love for it has brought you here to the DIS, reading my TR, and you have not seen the Welcome Show at the Magic Kingdom, you NEED TO GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF BED ON YOUR FIRST MORNING AND GO.

I was moved beyond reason.

On this trip I've been doing something weird which is bursting into tears immediately. I'm a crier by nature. I cry while watching jewlery commercials. But it's usually a slow, one tear rolling down the cheek thing. I never just go from zero to sixty in a second. But our first day I kept just BURSTING into tears cause I was so happy. And I did that here. During the show and all through it, walking into and around the MK.

I couldn't stop, really.

I'm not going to get into the details of the Welcome Show because I think people should just go and experience it but it is just the most magical thing. It could melt the heart of a serial killer, i'm telling you. It will touch you. It will move you. Go see it.

Pictures (I am tearing up right now just posting these):

4709396956_d3d541c641_b.jpg

4709397134_579945d562_b.jpg

4709397352_323d0d7f2a_b.jpg

4709397576_06310167db_b.jpg

4709398044_4a575670ab_b.jpg

4708756467_4ce422621c_b.jpg

4709395942_16c8f535f6_b.jpg

Up next: Hitting all our favorites at the Magic Kingdom!!

Last edited:
The MK welcome show is just so magical. I love it. I've lost count how many times I've seen it but every time is so special :goodvibes

Your TR is fab Lia, keep up the good work:)

Hey!! Thanks & WELCOME!! :wizard::wizard:

The MK welcome show is just so magical. I love it. I've lost count how many times I've seen it but every time is so special :goodvibes

I agree. You're lucky to have experienced it so many times! I know now that there'll never be a trip where I miss it! Thanks for reading =) :wizard:

:hippie::hippie:

OMG, girl. I just got back from seeing Toy Story 3. I literally sobbed for majority of the movie. Sobbed. I was doing my best to keep quiet because I didn't want to annoy everyone in the theater, but you could still hear me anyway. And my friends were embarassed, but I didn't care. Toy Story 3 induces crying-fests in people like me who are still holding onto their childhood for dear life.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I shouldn't have any tears left.

And yet, I read this and saw the pictures of the MK Welcome Show, and now I'm crying again. I totally agree that EVERY SINGLE DISNEY VACATIONER MUST SEE THIS SHOW. It's that wonderful. And tear-inducing.

Seriously. Go, people! What are you waiting for?

OMG, girl. I just got back from seeing Toy Story 3. I literally sobbed for majority of the movie. Sobbed. I was doing my best to keep quiet because I didn't want to annoy everyone in the theater, but you could still hear me anyway. And my friends were embarassed, but I didn't care. Toy Story 3 induces crying-fests in people like me who are still holding onto their childhood for dear life.

And yet, I read this and saw the pictures of the MK Welcome Show, and now I'm crying again. I totally agree that EVERY SINGLE DISNEY VACATIONER MUST SEE THIS SHOW. It's that wonderful. And tear-inducing.

Oh, MAN!! I'm so jealous!! I promised my mom I'd wait to see it with her so I couldn't go see it this weekend!! THE WAIT IS AGONIZING!!!

I totally relate to that though... if our lives are a series of chapters, there will be CLAW MARKS on the last page of my childhood from where they had to drag me, kicking and screaming, away from it. I was at my uncle's birthday party not too long ago and the kids were hanging out in one area, all ages from like 2-12, and all the adults were you know, acting like normal adults socializing with the whole party. Obviously, I was with the kids the entire time. At one point, my aunt and uncle came over and told me how much they appreciated me "watching" the children so that they could have fun and not worry, etc. I was like... I'm not watching anyone, we're playing Restaurant. LOL... I have issues. And I will be CRYING BUCKETS when I *finally* see Toy Story 3. Omg.

I'm hopping over and I'll just have to say this--your pictures remind me of why I love MK rope drop so much and I was getting teary-eyed just looking at them.

Oh, MAN!! I'm so jealous!! I promised my mom I'd wait to see it with her so I couldn't go see it this weekend!! THE WAIT IS AGONIZING!!!

I totally relate to that though... if our lives are a series of chapters, there will be CLAW MARKS on the last page of my childhood from where they had to drag me, kicking and screaming, away from it. I was at my uncle's birthday party not too long ago and the kids were hanging out in one area, all ages from like 2-12, and all the adults were you know, acting like normal adults socializing with the whole party. Obviously, I was with the kids the entire time. At one point, my aunt and uncle came over and told me how much they appreciated me "watching" the children so that they could have fun and not worry, etc. I was like... I'm not watching anyone, we're playing Restaurant. LOL... I have issues. And I will be CRYING BUCKETS when I *finally* see Toy Story 3. Omg.
This is me. I always hang out with the kids at family gatherings. They are WAY more fun than the boring adults. Why would I want to be chatting with the relatives when I could be running a zoo made up of stuffed animals and my cousin's cat?

This is me. I always hang out with the kids at family gatherings. They are WAY more fun than the boring adults. Why would I want to be chatting with the relatives when I could be running a zoo made up of stuffed animals and my cousin's cat?

AMEN to THAT sisters! *brofist* I'm always the one with the kids. I love them and they love me! And the adults are always talking about boring stuff like work and the economy and work and some family gossip about people I don't know.

And the kids have the best toys. I swear, kids today have such AWESOME toys. But then, when we were kids, we had the BEST tv shows. So I guess it's a pretty ok trade-up?

I was crying too Marie. Gosh, wasn't Debbie just adorable? I hope they sell those new toys! I want me those edamame plushies!!! They were so cute.

BTW, I think I'm the ONLY 21 yr old to go watch this, BY MYSELF, on the first show of opening day.

In fact, I do that a lot....for Disney movies....like UP, and Princess and the Frog. My friends would rather wait for the half-price ticket deal on Tuesdays. I don't think I can wait that long! I'll be watching TS3 again. Maybe with someone else this time. Or maybe not.......

One upside to going by yourself, you can squeeze into those one-seaters that groups always leave between each other. I was able to score a great middle-of-the-row seat.

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS, let me tell you some stuff that I heard these barely-teen girls that were sitting next to me say. And what I was thinking in response to it.

girls- "What's taking the movie so long to start?"
me- Um....you came 30 minutes early......and it's only been 5 minutes

girls-"There are so many kids in here. I wish they would have teen-only showings."
me- this is a KIDs movie....if you cared about that, don't watch kids movies

girls- "Why are there so many people here?"
me- it's opening day!! what were you expecting?

Yeah...had to sit with that during the movie....the girl next to me was TEXTING.

And another thing that happened. I wore contacts, but they were really dry. So I rubbed my right eye a little too hard and I lost it....in my eye.... :sad2: So I took the other one out, and just put on my glasses, then the 3D ones, and watched the movie. The thought of leaving the theatre to fish it out didn't even occur to me! I was too excited for the movie to start.

Oh yes! My reply to Lia's update. I've got 4 Stitch dolls. I'm looking to add numbers 5 and 6 soon. 6 will mostly be bought at WDW cause I want that HUUUUGE one. 5 is the newest Stitch doll with the floppier ears than the previous one. I also have a Stitch magnet, Stitch ears, a Stitch-burger cell-phone strap (that's on a bag cause my cell phone didn't come with a hole? :confused3), a Stitch keychain, and a Stitch poster.

Yes, we both share the same love of that little blue experiment.

The only time I ever went to MK, I was offsite, so we took the hotel shuttle and it arrived after opening. This time, I'm onsite, so I definitely won't miss it. The thought of you tearing up is making ME want to tear up. I just KNOW I'll be turning on the water works when I finally get to WDW.

I'm hopping over and I'll just have to say this--your pictures remind me of why I love MK rope drop so much and I was getting teary-eyed just looking at them.

Aww! Thank you :hug:

I LOVE PLAYING ZOO. Why weren't you and I born as next door neighbors or something? God.

AMEN to THAT sisters! *brofist* I'm always the one with the kids. I love them and they love me! And the adults are always talking about boring stuff like work and the economy and work and some family gossip about people I don't know.

And the kids have the best toys. I swear, kids today have such AWESOME toys. But then, when we were kids, we had the BEST tv shows. So I guess it's a pretty ok trade-up?

I was crying too Marie. Gosh, wasn't Debbie just adorable? I hope they sell those new toys! I want me those edamame plushies!!! They were so cute.

BTW, I think I'm the ONLY 21 yr old to go watch this, BY MYSELF, on the first show of opening day.

In fact, I do that a lot....for Disney movies....like UP, and Princess and the Frog. My friends would rather wait for the half-price ticket deal on Tuesdays. I don't think I can wait that long! I'll be watching TS3 again. Maybe with someone else this time. Or maybe not.......

One upside to going by yourself, you can squeeze into those one-seaters that groups always leave between each other. I was able to score a great middle-of-the-row seat.

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS, let me tell you some stuff that I heard these barely-teen girls that were sitting next to me say. And what I was thinking in response to it.

girls- "What's taking the movie so long to start?"
me- Um....you came 30 minutes early......and it's only been 5 minutes

girls-"There are so many kids in here. I wish they would have teen-only showings."
me- this is a KIDs movie....if you cared about that, don't watch kids movies

girls- "Why are there so many people here?"
me- it's opening day!! what were you expecting?

Yeah...had to sit with that during the movie....the girl next to me was TEXTING.

And another thing that happened. I wore contacts, but they were really dry. So I rubbed my right eye a little too hard and I lost it....in my eye.... :sad2: So I took the other one out, and just put on my glasses, then the 3D ones, and watched the movie. The thought of leaving the theatre to fish it out didn't even occur to me! I was too excited for the movie to start.

Oh yes! My reply to Lia's update. I've got 4 Stitch dolls. I'm looking to add numbers 5 and 6 soon. 6 will mostly be bought at WDW cause I want that HUUUUGE one. 5 is the newest Stitch doll with the floppier ears than the previous one. I also have a Stitch magnet, Stitch ears, a Stitch-burger cell-phone strap (that's on a bag cause my cell phone didn't come with a hole? :confused3), a Stitch keychain, and a Stitch poster.

Yes, we both share the same love of that little blue experiment.

The only time I ever went to MK, I was offsite, so we took the hotel shuttle and it arrived after opening. This time, I'm onsite, so I definitely won't miss it. The thought of you tearing up is making ME want to tear up. I just KNOW I'll be turning on the water works when I finally get to WDW.

Omg... you are not alone. I used to go to the movies solo quite often! I actually thought of going alone to see Toy Story 3 and then *pretending* I had not seen it for my mom LOL! I know, so evil, but i'm just DYING to see it! I decided it would be more fun to actually experience it for the first time with her, though, and I didn't want to lie. Ultimately.

Those teens sound like idiots. I admit though, I used to be like that with my friends at horror movies. I remember when my friend Britt and I went to see the Grudge, we were making comments to each other during the entire thing and at the end the girl in front of us turned around and said, "You are BY FAR the most annoying people I have ever sat near in my life." Of course this caused us to double over in hysterical laughter. Rude.

I have contacts too and I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS! You poor thing!

And YAYYYY for another Stitch fan! You girls have more in common with me than most of my friends!! Seriously!! No one else I know has a stuffed Stitch, and you, of course, have four. LOL! I love it!:stitch2::stitch::stitch2:

OMG... you've only been to the MK once?!! You are gonna have such an amazing time! I can't wait for the TR! :dance3:

Aww, love the MK welcome show and so glad you enjoyed it. I agree, it is almost a crime to go to WDW and never see it. People are really missing out, it is so Disney. The first time I saw it I started crying too then I thought I got immune to it since I downloaded the song onto my ipod :goodvibes. Well...this April on our first morning I nearly lost it again. I don't know what it is that makes me so emotional when it comes to Disney. (I cried seeing Toy Story 3 this weekend too!). Can't wait for more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter