• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MCLOVINS Hit the World - HARD!!!!! *COMPLETED*

I love you dearly, madly, and passionately.
I love you too, dear. Like Damon loves Elena (minus the vomit that came up my throat from typing that...the things I do for you). Like Kel loves orange soda. Like Alexis loves "aldergators". Like Rupert Grint loves Tom Felton. <3

Tea slushies? Sounds like bubble tea slushies!

Liaa!!!! I had a great time in NYC and it's too bad we didn't get to meet up. I love that you guys have frozen yogurt trucks!!! That needs to happen in Toronto.

Andrew and I have already decided we'll be back when the new WTC is done.

You're so close to your trip!!!!!!!!

Hey Yuki!! I'm so sorry we didn't get to see each other either but I am so happy you are coming back, especially for the new 1 WTC. It's supposed to be the tallest building in the US when it's done! The Freedom Tower looked so unbelievably beautiful from across the way here in NJ, it was breathtaking and tear inducing so I can't wait to see the new building. Though, of course, it makes me nervous too, but after 9/11 pretty much everything makes me nervous. But I digress!

I love you too, dear. Like Damon loves Elena (minus the vomit that came up my throat from typing that...the things I do for you). Like Kel loves orange soda. Like Alexis loves "aldergators". Like Rupert Grint loves Tom Felton. <3

Omg I know you truly love me if you mentioned Damon and Elena AKA: THE FLAWLESS ANGELIC COUPLE DESTINED TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER!! But omg. I can't really deal with tonight, mainly because I know it's going to be disappointing no matter what. But still OH MY GOD TVD IS BACK.

P.S. You and I are totally like Tupert/Rom. Call us Kia or Lara. LOLOL.

APRIL 18, 2010
Day 8, Part 1 In Which We Are Kangarooligans

It was the second to last day I would hear the holy sound of Stitch screaming at me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSLEEEEEEEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that made me very sad. But I knew that we had a VERY busy and insanely fun day ahead of us that was going to begin early and end early... the next day. I mean, when a Disney park is open til THREE FREAKING AM, you can't just not go. You can't even go and then stay until like 1 AM or something. Nope. You have to go all out. The whole shebang.

But that was later, hours and hours from us dragging our aching feet out of bed and heading to see the gorillas and elephants that had hidden from us on our first Animal Kingdom day.

We were both really hoping our AK experience would be even half as amazing as the one we had a few days earlier. Like I said before, I've always loved AK, but this trip I had a whole new appreciation for it. Everything just went so well, we had such perfect luck with the animals and seeing what we wanted to, it wasn't too hot or crowded, there were just no issues at all and it was completely magical.

Our first stop at Animal Kingdom was going to be the gorillas, but we ended up lingering around the Oasis awhile first.

5423215337_12a5815698_b.jpg

5423819906_12e03d325d_b.jpg

5423215855_00950ee2b0_b.jpg

I love these guys.

5423215527_74afcb6271_b.jpg

It is just so beautiful there.

5423215681_5d4d1d15c2_b.jpg

Every single time I am at Animal Kingdom I see this (or a similar) black swan and it's always hiding its head like Leo DiCaprio in a swarm of paparazzi. I guess this swan just wants to live a normal life away from all the gawking people!

5423215187_390ee1b003_b.jpg

5423821472_300bf7ba85_b.jpg

5423216677_192b480886_b.jpg

I wish my hair looked that cool.

So yeah, here's when chaos erupted within me. I can't remember exactly where, but at some point I turned around and SAW A KANGAROO. It was the most shocking, jarring thing. I can't even describe how I felt. Usually in life when I turn around I see a tree, or my boss, or my bed. You know, things that are NOT KANGAROOS!!!!!!!!

I immediately SCREAMED and said "A KANGAROO!!!!!!!!" while jumping up and down and pointing and my mom turned around and seemed equally surprised. I know, we probably shouldn't have been THAT shocked about seeing this animal since we were at ANIMAL Kingdom and all, but sheesh. I DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD KANGAROOS AT ANIMAL KINGDOM!!!!!!!! Seriously! Have they been there all along or what? How can I have gone through years and years of obsessing over Disney and reading tons of TRs on here and NEVER have I heard of someone seeing a kangaroo at Animal Kingdom?

5423821120_0a581de74f_b.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pic, but I was having a seizure.

I can't describe the excitement. Well, one way to put it is that it was HUGE, and childlike. I couldn't believe there was a real live kangaroo feet away from me. AND THEN IT STARTED HOPPING. It was so funny and unexpected. Like, "Look! There's a kangaroo!! And it's hopping and has a pouch and everything, just like on TV!!"

5423821314_0f58b24b49_b.jpg

5423820934_074c71f164_b.jpg

Ok, it's kind of hard to see the Kangaroo here, behind the plant in the middle. Also please notice the VULTURES ON EITHER SIDE OF THE KANGAROO. Yeah, freaking VULTURES you guys!!! I mean what was going on here EXACTLY? It was just too awesome. Two kangaroos and vultures lurking ominously in the distance. Heaven for me, really.

Up Next: Will I finally post my baby gorilla footage?

P.S. Sorry this update was kind of short, but I haven't updated in over two months (my god how time flies) and I needed to get something up! We'll be back at WDW so soon! Maybe if I make my updates shorter it will be easier to make time for them? This thing has been going on for 16+ months already. LOL. Well, I'm on the second to last day of our April 2010 (time DOES freaking fly because I can't believe it was that long ago) trip so I'm sure I can get it done by the time we leave!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEENKSFJAKSJD!!

P.P.S. Kara, I was about to reply to your TR again and I almost posted this entire update as a reply to yours. Like I pasted the whole thing in and was about to hit reply when I was like... wait. That would be hilarious if I seriously just didn't notice and my update was just... on your TR. LOL.

Haha, it would be hilarious if this post was in Kara's TR.

YOU SAW A KANGAROO TOO!!! Haha, If I had finished my AK update, you would've seen a kangaroo in MY TR! But yes, omg, how come we were never told they had kangaroos???? And it's at the Oasis too! Not in some trail or whatever, but RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY.

I was super shocked to see a kangaroo and the first thing Andrew and I said when we saw the kangaroo was, "DUNKAROOS!!!". Who doesn't love that snack?

Great to have you back, even if it's a short update. I came back with a long one, haha. But it's mostly just pictures.

HOLD UP.

There are KANGAROOS at Animal Kingdom?? Whaaaa? How did I not know this? I'm so confused right now. I mean, kangaroos are kind of a big deal. Why hasn't anyone ever mentioned them until now? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? ALSO, DO VULTURES ALWAYS JUST CHILL WITH KANGAROOS LIKE THAT? WHAT IS HAPPENING? SOMEBODY HOLD ME!

Your pics of the Oasis are gorgeous. Also, flamingos crack me up. I mean, they're creepy because they're birds and all birds (aside from penguins) are creepy, but the fact that they stand on one super skinny leg is so amusing to me.

PS: I like Kia. Maybe the car company will sponsor our trips to Disney...

PS x2: I would have died laughing had you actually posted this update on my TR. I wouldn't have let you delete it either. It would have stayed there forever. :rotfl:

Haha, it would be hilarious if this post was in Kara's TR.

YOU SAW A KANGAROO TOO!!! Haha, If I had finished my AK update, you would've seen a kangaroo in MY TR! But yes, omg, how come we were never told they had kangaroos???? And it's at the Oasis too! Not in some trail or whatever, but RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY.

I was super shocked to see a kangaroo and the first thing Andrew and I said when we saw the kangaroo was, "DUNKAROOS!!!". Who doesn't love that snack?

Great to have you back, even if it's a short update. I came back with a long one, haha. But it's mostly just pictures.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about them! I was going to be annoyed if everyone commented like, "DUH how could you have never seen the kangaroos before?!" lol.

DUNKAROOS are amazing. omg. I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the US they don't sell them at that many places anymore for some reason. Like a year ago I randomly remembered they existed and I was like I NEED TO FIND DUNKAROOS and had to go to like 5 stores before I found them!

I can't wait to read your latest update & catch up on the ones I missed as well! :)

HOLD UP.

There are KANGAROOS at Animal Kingdom?? Whaaaa? How did I not know this? I'm so confused right now. I mean, kangaroos are kind of a big deal. Why hasn't anyone ever mentioned them until now? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? ALSO, DO VULTURES ALWAYS JUST CHILL WITH KANGAROOS LIKE THAT? WHAT IS HAPPENING? SOMEBODY HOLD ME!

Your pics of the Oasis are gorgeous. Also, flamingos crack me up. I mean, they're creepy because they're birds and all birds (aside from penguins) are creepy, but the fact that they stand on one super skinny leg is so amusing to me.

PS: I like Kia. Maybe the car company will sponsor our trips to Disney...

PS x2: I would have died laughing had you actually posted this update on my TR. I wouldn't have let you delete it either. It would have stayed there forever. :rotfl:

OMG, thank you for reacting that way. YES, kangaroos are a HUGE deal and I don't know what Disney's problem is b/c they really need to but a gigantic sign near the turnstiles that says "TRY TO STAY CALM BUT WE HAVE KANGAROOS HERE" with an arrow pointing to them b/c obviously people have no idea they are there and that is so sad b/c it's amazing! I was so excited and happy to see them and I can't believe that I never heard about it in the past.

Good idea on the Kia sponsorship! Now we're talkin!!!

I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD LIKE REALLY SOON.

It still hasn't sunken in because OH MY GOD have there been ridiculous hoops to jump through on this one. Several times, I have slowly begun to accept that we weren't going and I can't believe it's actually going to happen! I'm DEF going to finish this report by then though (we leave at the end of Oct). I will explain all the craziness in my PTR, which will be more like a mini-PTR since I still have to finish this one, which means I will probably post it like 45 minutes before we leave. I'm still not even convinced we're going?!?! Like I can't believe it. One month ago feels like nothing and here we have less than a month before we go and I just can't believe it. I'm reminded of the quote from Riding In Cars With Boys, "I think sometimes we love people so much that we're numb to it, cause if we felt how much we loved them it would kill us." That's how I feel right now. I'm not even that excited about the trip b/c if I let myself feel how excited I truly am I WOULD JUST EXPLODE. Also: I have so much to freaking do before we go I can't even... oh my god. Anyway, working on the new update now and hopefully will be getting that up tonight/tomorrow! WHEW.

APRIL 18, 2010
Day 8, Part 2 In Which GOR-ILL-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! GORILLA!

On our merry way to our beloved gorillas, look who we saw:
6200789733_ba0ab4641d_b.jpg

I was kind of contemplating running up to Stitch and screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!" since he had repeatedly yelled that at me like EVERY morning, but I refrained.

You know, I'm still kind of annoyed we got ZERO pictures with characters on this trip. I mean, what gives? In human time, I may be 21 years old, but really I am stuck somewhere in between the ages of like 4 and 12, so I should have been more eager to meet characters! I guess you DO grow up a little bit though, and just want to get to the Cheddar Cheese Soup as soon as possible, so you don't stop for the character lines as much. It's understandable. Ah well, there is always next trip! I think I'm going to make a list, specifically, of the characters I want pics with and not rest until it is completed! A character scavenger hunt of sorts!!

And so we reached the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Like I said earlier in the report, we had an amazing first day at Animal Kingdom, but missed out on the gorillas because it was too late in the day, so we were really hoping to have an amazing gorilla experience this time.

5423217719_926f14361e_b.jpg

PLEASE IGNORE MY CROC-LESS FEET (Oh, the shame! I had not yet seen the croc light - more on that later!) AND GIANT NEED OF A PEDICURE BUT OKAY. One of my favorite things about Animal Kingdom (and the Wilderness Lodge, now that I think of it) is the animal footprints in the ground. Always very effective. I wonder how many different animal prints there are? At AK in the pavement, not like in general. I googled it and came up dry!

I thought these tree roots were awesome:
5423217901_c55d46d34e_b.jpg

But who cares, cause THEN WE SAW A GORILLA JUST CHILLIN!!!!!!!!!!

5423218103_4982688c92_b.jpg

I named him Gorillan Chillian. He did not give a HOOT that there were people around. He was just doin his thang, which is exactly what I would do if I were a gorilla. Well, besides roaring at people and singing Phil Collins songs.

Then we saw this dude who was kinda a Mr. Grumpy Gills:
5423218267_e69d2ae97b_b.jpg

Who seemed like the big daddy gorilla. IDK, he just seemed like he knew what was what around these parts, you know? I love his WUT RU LOOKIN AT EXACTLY face. Sorry the pic is kind of blurry, but I was shaking with excitement.

5423822406_ab29017ae0_b.jpg

This cracks me up cause I like how he leaned over to the right more, as if to look around and be like "Hey. HEY. SERIOUSLY, WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!"

And then, one of the most awesome moments of my life happened!!! The gorilla STARTED MAKING NOISE. Hearing a gorilla make noise live and in person is one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me. You probably don't remember, since this TR is 18 months long, but on our first AK day the safari we did was AMAZING, and the male lion was up and about and pacing back and forth Scar-style and GRUNTING. The gorilla was doing the same thing except it sounded gorillaish and not lionish. It was kind of like he was saying "UGH" but it was such a deep and GRISLY sound. It was just amazing! I know that this is how they communicate, so I wonder if he was trying to be like "Yo, this is my territory. Now, you're okay where you are, but come a little bit closer and I am going to charge."

Gorilla Chillian had gotten up from where he was just chillin and started walking around. Here's a wide shot of the two gorillas:

5423221329_d4322b6319_b.jpg

The one on the left is the one Mr. Grumpy Gills, and the one on the right is Gorillian Chillian who was in a GREAT mood! It was like he was the fun, cool brother and the other gorilla was like the older, responsible one that gets annoyed when humans come hang out, but the cool one is just like HAY Y'ALL.

Such a silly face:
5423825990_8c7fee7dda_b.jpg

LOL. I love that dude!

5423825556_b98802737e_b.jpg

Their bodies are so cool.

5423825138_02d33d8250_b.jpg

Showin off the BOOTAY.

5423825808_f9374c5967_b.jpg

5423823540_e483653720_b.jpg

FAVORITE. Aaaaaahhhhhh, I miss you, gorillas. Is it just me or is his face SO kind here? It's crazy the looks they give you. SO human-like, it's pretty unbelievable. They are such beautiful creatures.

At one point, one of them started playing in a tree and I wish I got better pics/a video because it was SO COOL. Just like in the movies!! They just swing along from branch to branch like it's no big, Tarzan style. Sigh.
5423218949_dc20712c3b_z.jpg

After about 30 minutes of gorilla gazing, we continued down the trail to that other area where you get to see them up close and personal behind glass.

This gorilla was not interested in talking to me.
5423824920_58a4bd5585_b.jpg

6201273590_92053ebebf_b.jpg

It was too busy eatin'. Which, in addition to roarin', chillin', and singin' Phil Collins songs, is one of the main things I would spend my time doing if i was a gorilla. Heck, I spend a lot of time eating anyway. So, I understood.

It didn't really matter though, because THIS:
5423220419_01c9b3b9be_b.jpg

Was THE gorilla. The one that everyone was talking about. The mommy! Everyone who was at Animal Kingdom that day wanted to see the baby gorilla that this mother had given birth to on February 19. This place was so crowded that we had to wait to even get up to the glass! Man, I am so happy we go during low crowd times b/c I am too spoiled going in April and October to actually WAIT to see things at Disney. Anyway, the baby wasn't around at the moment, but we stood there and waited, hoping that it would come out or the mom would go get it or something. I kind of wanted to leave because I was like, gorillas are really protective, does this mom really want to bring her baby out and put it on display with all these people around? Apparently, humans shouldn't try to figure gorillas out because I was totally wrong! The CM nearby said that she brings the baby out all the time and that we should definitely stick around.

I think we waited, like, 20 minutes or so while the gorillas just sat there. And hey, I didn't mind, gorillas sitting in front of you doing nothing is still pretty cool. Anyway, then the mom got up and disappeared for a second. When she came back, she was sitting up on this rock LIKE A BOSS:
5423220723_23d57895f8_b.jpg

I love her "Hay Y'all!" look. Anyway, you can't really see it, but the baby is in her arms now!!!!

EXTREME CLOSE UP, WAAAAAAAAAAAH:
5423823230_ac1e1789fa_z.jpg

See it's teeny yittle head on the left? He's laying like a human baby would lay in him/her mother's arms. Sooo cute.

So then she jumped down from the rock:
5423220565_5a25e0114a_b.jpg

And I started filming! Luckily, it was just the right time to get a decent shot of the baby in her arms!

Check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bHcuwYqmdM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJHSDKJDHKSKS SO CUTE IT'S UNREAL. As Alexis Gosselin would say, "Him a yittle guy. Him a baby!" Except I think it may be a girl?

Here's the official Disney article from when the baby was born: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/endangered-gorilla-born-at-disney’s-animal-kingdom/ :)

So then she just sat on this other rock for awhile, her back turned to us.
5423824288_4ae2324c25_b.jpg

I love this one b/c you can see the little leg!

After like 10 minutes, she decided to take the baby back to wherever it is that gorillas take their babies:
5423824122_94b1dd7e99_b.jpg

You can see him peeking around her on the right! TOO MUCH CUTE.

5423219917_89bd816739_b.jpg

And then they disappeared behind the rock. Sigh. Goodbye mom and baby gorillas!! I will miss you! The CM actually said that she had been nursing the baby a little bit when they were out here, and that's probably what she had gone to go do. OH IT WAS ALL SO AMAZING!! My mom and I just kind of looked at each other and said with our eyes, "This rocks and Disney rocks and life rocks and gorillas rock, OH MY GOD."

Up next: Another very successful safari through the savannahs of Kilimanjaro! Except for the whole having to cut it short because of the poachers thing.

Kara put the link to this TR in her most recent update, so I clicked it and started reading... and I am COMPLETELY hooked. I just got to the part where you checked into Caribbean Beach (LOL about your mom getting stuck in the cab!!) but I absolutely LOVE your writing style and I LOVE your enthusiasm. You are awesome. Also, the fact that you're an actress is amazing. I give you so much credit!!
I see that you haven't updated in a while... but you're probably insanely busy. That's a-ok :thumbsup2 I hope that you update eventually, though! I just wanted to let you know that I will be here, catching up and waiting for the next installment.
This is literally one of the best trip reports I have ever read. EVER.
I feel like we would get along so well. You sound so much like me. :rotfl:
So yeah. Even though I'm about 20 years late for this party, thank you so much for writing. I'm SO glad to be here :wizard:
And p.s. if my eyes don't deceive me.... does your ticker say ONE WEEK TILL DISNEY!? AHHHHHH :) :) :) THAT'S SO SOON! I hope you have a MAGICAL time!! I know you will :goodvibes

Okay... I have been catching up on your trip report for the past couple weeks. And I've been taking my time because it's one of the BEST TRIP REPORTS I'VE EVER READ! No lie. I really don't want it to end. I can't even stand the thought. I have two more updates to go and my heart is breaking. PLEASE DON'T END!!

Anyways, I thought I'd recap some of my favorite moments of the entire trip since they're all just swirling around in my head.

Sorry this post is so lengthy. I just loved so much of this TR!

Day 1:
- Oh my gosh... airplane issues are the worst. I always freak out. I totally understand how you guys felt.
- YAY ORLANDO! Best airport in the WORLD.
- Holy cow... that Mears lady sounds ridiculous. I'm sorry you had to deal with that!
- Oh my gosh... your Mom's seatbelt. HAHAHA major awk moment.
- Caribbean Beach is so pretty! I want to stay there. (Heck, I want to stay everywhere.)
- I LOVE STACEY <3 I prefer her old crazy version as well. She's too calm now. However, I still love her.
- You sound like you had the time of your life swimming. Seriously, I am jealous of how much fun you have for yourself. You seem to make the absolute most of every single situation!! It's awesome.
- Your whole thing about the monorail voice seducing you is my TOP TOP FAVORITE part of this trip report. The first time I read that... I just died. :rotfl2: So freaking funny!! My best friend Kristen is obsessed with the monorail... so I had to share that with her. She loved it.
- Hehe Prince Charming ;) Such a cute story. I want one of my own.... :( Can I just be a princess? That'd be great.
- I'm sorry you were disappointed with the 1900 PF buffet. It must have been fabulous a few years ago because I really liked it when I went in January!

Day 2:
- I love that you cry at Disney. I really do. It really shows how much you appreciate being there.
- YAY for the welcome show! I'm glad you loved it!!
- SUPER excited for Sci Fi. I'm going on my December trip. Like I literally can't contain my excitement. :banana: I love your whole review. I was a bit leery about making an ADR there because the food has mixed reviews, but I now know it's gonna be lots of fun!

Day 3:
- You have inspired me to take note of more details on my next trip. I really am looking forward to doing that!
- THE FROG FISH! He is the whole reason I found your TR... since Kara mentioned you in her Seas update in her TR. I need to see the frog fish next time for sure, in your honor!
- That Le Cellier story is seriously MAGICAL! Wow, this trip is just full of so many fantastic moments. Wow. I can't even get over how much I enjoyed reading that. Everything happens for a reason and it all works out. And you always get your cheddar cheese soup in the end ;)
- I just added a Le Cellier ADR to my plan a few weeks ago and I'm SO glad I did... especially after reading this. Seriously, I'm glad I'm eating at a lot of the same places you ate at!! I just get really pumped up after reading your updates!
- And I thought I had strange bus experiences. You win girl. Seriously. Strangest... yet funniest... bus ride story I've ever heard in my life. HAHAHA

Day 4:
- Hahaha totally agree about the straws. They're terrible, but since they're from disney... I love them.
- I WANT ONE OF THOSE OLD FASHIONED MICKEY BARS! They're so cute! I don't even remember them! But they're adorable. I do remember simba's pawprints though... those were AWESOME. I'm sad they're gone. And the nestle toll house cookie sandwiches seem to be gone too :( Just break my heart, Disney, why don't ya? I need my ice cream.
- Have you ever considered auditioning to work at Disney? I don't know if you wouldn't want to because it's like a vacation and you don't want to mix work and vacation... but I was wondering if the thought ever crossed your mind. You sound like you would be such a ridiculously awesome cast member and performer.
- STACEY <3
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA your whole expedition everest ride with that woman sounds like an absolute hoot. I was cracking up when I read that part. She sounds like a riot.
- I have never seen a Lion out and about like that before! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! He was incredibly beautiful.
- AWW the heart on the giraffe's neck! <3 precious.
- You getting drunk off of food at Boma is one of my favorite parts of this entire trip report. HAHAHA this is TOTALLY something I would do. No alcohol needed, seriously :rotfl: I absolutely love it.
- HAHAHA and falling on the floor is always a hilarious moment. I have done that too. I love how you and your mom just laugh and laugh together. That's so awesome. My Mom and I have that kind of relationship too. It really makes life so great. :lovestruc

Day 5:
- BRILLIANT idea about the foot massage. I was *this close* to booking one for my upcoming trip. But the GF Spa is under refurbishment. Probably a good thing too - I really didn't need to spend any more money. :rotfl:
- You're making me SO EXCITED for my Les Chefs de France ADR. Between you are Kara's updates... holy cow I'm jumping out of my skin :yay: It just looks SO GOOD!

Day 6:
- I love how much you love TSM. :lovestruc So precious. It really is a spectacular ride.
- Your update made me want to stay at Pop Century. Legitimately. I'm considering it for one of my trips next year.
- Chocolate Ice Cream from France sounds perfect. It's on my list. I never even heard of it until your TR... so I am extremely excited to try it. I'm obsessed with ice cream.
- French Men... HELLO <3
- That's really funny about the popcorn incident! It's like he knew your pop corn was gonna fall... creepy. Maybe he was a psychic japanese man.
- I really like how you add your tweets in your TR's. I may have to borrow that idea for my christmas trip report... if I remember to tweet this time.

Day 7:
- You have convinced me to go to WPE on my next trip. And I will also be getting that pesto pizza and mac and cheese. I completely ditched a whole plan of mine to go to WPE... and I'm VERY excited. So thank you. I can't wait!
- I NEED TO GO FIND THOSE PRINCESS CROWNS FROM MEXICO! I want one. I would wear it every day.
- NORVAY. :rotfl2: That's how I'm going to be saying it from now on. All the time.
- Your whole story about your first crush being the German foreign exchange student was PRECIOUS! OMG. So cute. But I'm sorry your heart was broken. :( I feel for ya. :hug: I'm glad you survived your first heartbreak. LOL boys are stupid... even when they're young.
- I want to go to WS just to find candy with funny names/slogans on them.
- And I want to go to WS to look at the boys. How right you are, my friend. So very attractive. :love:
- HAHAHA your encounter with the hot German man was fantastically described. Like... you seriously captured that moment perfectly and put it into words. I was cracking up over here. I can just picture it. Very well done.

Do not feel like you need to comment back on any of these... but I just wanted to let you know that there is someone out here who is extremely enjoying your trip report! :goodvibes Thank you for bringing so much happiness into my boring nights here at college.

And I think you're in Disney World right now (because you mentioned you'd be there on Nov. 1st and 2nd in the update I read last night.... and today is the 3rd) so if you are... I hope you're having a MAGICAL time! :wizard:

Okay, I'm done. Sorry to bombard you. But I love your work. Fantastic job. :worship:

Okay... I have been catching up on your trip report for the past couple weeks. And I've been taking my time because it's one of the BEST TRIP REPORTS I'VE EVER READ! No lie. I really don't want it to end. I can't even stand the thought. I have two more updates to go and my heart is breaking. PLEASE DON'T END!!

Anyways, I thought I'd recap some of my favorite moments of the entire trip since they're all just swirling around in my head.

Sorry this post is so lengthy. I just loved so much of this TR!

:welcome:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. For all the compliments and for reading of course. You are too sweet! And thank you Kara, for bringing this wonderful person who praises me endlessly to my TR! :banana:

Please don't apologize for lengthy responses. You probably have noticed that long replies are kind of a thing around here. Kara, Yuki, and I all leave each other novel-long responses on like every update so... welcome, friend!

You sound like you had the time of your life swimming. Seriously, I am jealous of how much fun you have for yourself. You seem to make the absolute most of every single situation!! It's awesome.

LOL thank you. I try. I am actually a huge pessimist. MOST of the time. But at Disney, oh forget that. At Disney I am a princess and princesses must have the time of their lives always!

SUPER excited for Sci Fi. I'm going on my December trip. Like I literally can't contain my excitement. I love your whole review. I was a bit leery about making an ADR there because the food has mixed reviews, but I now know it's gonna be lots of fun!

I don't know why people don't like the food. It's not like they try to create culinary masterpieces or anything. The food is good for what it is. Like I said they have the best onion rings, spinach and artichoke dip, and milkshakes I have ever had anywhere, and that's good enough for me! Plus even if I loathed the food I would go there, it's that cool.

You have inspired me to take note of more details on my next trip. I really am looking forward to doing that!

Glad to hear it. That is the #1 piece of advice I give everyone going to Disney!

THE FROG FISH! He is the whole reason I found your TR... since Kara mentioned you in her Seas update in her TR. I need to see the frog fish next time for sure, in your honor!

Thank you! The more people visiting the Frogfish in my honor, the better!

That Le Cellier story is seriously MAGICAL! Wow, this trip is just full of so many fantastic moments. Wow. I can't even get over how much I enjoyed reading that. Everything happens for a reason and it all works out. And you always get your cheddar cheese soup in the end.

I am very concerned I will not get my cheddar cheese soup this time. We had to postpone our trip to Decemeber and on such short notice can't get an ADR and my friend no longer works there. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!?

Have you ever considered auditioning to work at Disney? I don't know if you wouldn't want to because it's like a vacation and you don't want to mix work and vacation... but I was wondering if the thought ever crossed your mind. You sound like you would be such a ridiculously awesome cast member and performer.

Thank you! I have thought about it many times. I really don't want to move away from New York City though, and also I don't want to be ~behind the scenes~ at Disney. It's kind of... sacred to me. That may seem dramatic but it's how I feel. It's my precious happy place, and I don't want it to ever feel like I'm going to work.

Your update made me want to stay at Pop Century. Legitimately. I'm considering it for one of my trips next year.

I can't imagine not staying there for at least a few days on each trip! Even if I was a multi millionaire i'd park it at the Pop, for real.

You have convinced me to go to WPE on my next trip. And I will also be getting that pesto pizza and mac and cheese. I completely ditched a whole plan of mine to go to WPE... and I'm VERY excited. So thank you. I can't wait!

I love that I seem to be inspiring you to do some stuff on your trip! I love when people tell me they did something because I wrote about it. Awesome! Finally, I have found my purpose in life. LOL. WPE is soooooo worth whatever you ditch to do it. I can't describe how much I LOVE that place.

Thanks again for all your sweet comments and WELCOME!!

Oh... hey guys. I have news. It's really not a big deal except it is, because

I AM GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD IN TWO WEEKS!!!

For sure, 100% can not be stopped by anything short of utter tragedy. This is happening. At last. And that is all I am going to say about THAT, since I will save the epic tale for THAT trip report. And what a tale it will be.

Just wanted to say HEY :rolleyes1 And that I am going to finish this report before we leave.

COMING SOON... THE GRIPPING AND INTENSE CONCLUSION OF THE MCLOVINS HIT THE WORLD... HARD!!!!!!!!!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

WHAT???? OH MY GOD!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited for you, Lia! Like, knowing that you're going to WDW so soon just made my day. Is that weird? Probably. But you already know I'm weird, so no biggie.

Where are you staying? How long are you going? Have you made all your ADRs? Are you going to MVMCP? How big is your suitcase and will I have room to pack 3 extra pairs of Crocs and 4 Disney-related hats (along with myself, of course)?

Actually, don't tell me.

It'll be more fun if it's a surprise. But you better be Tweeting every little detail, my dear. I expect to hear how many steps it is from the Carousel of Progress to Space Mountain, how many Mickey sprinkles are on your Mickey Rice Crispy Treats, and how many times you use FP for Maelstrom (because you know it will be a lot).

JUST AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

:wizard:

ETA: WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.

Did I not leave a long rambling comment on your gorilla update? What's wrong with me?

First of all, I definitely recommend character pics. Not if the lines are, like, 6334334343 miles long, of course, but if you have some free time, why not? Mickey Mouse hugs are the best. Especially now that he talks. Which, actually, I find sorta creepy, but I guess other people are into that kinda thing so talk away, Mickster.

I love the animal prints! They make everything feel so exotic.

YAY GORILLAS! I wonder why the fur on their arms is so much longer than the fur everywhere else. I mean, they kinda look like they're wearing cropped fur jackets. I guess that's the latest trend in gorilla fashion. Someone should check with Vogue AK.

I think I would have died if I saw a gorilla in a tree. When I was there in July, they were just sitting there eating bamboo. It was cute, but not as SUPER AWESOME MINDBLOWING WONDERFUL as tree action.

Which, in addition to roarin', chillin', and singin' Phil Collins songs, is one of the main things I would spend my time doing if i was a gorilla.
:rotfl:

BABY!!!! OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO ADORABLE!!! I WANT TO CUDDLE IT!!!

Do you think a gorilla would mind if I adopt one of their babies? By mind, I mean, do you think I could grab a gorilla's baby and run without it beating me to a pulp? As the crazy loon who released his own private menagerie and then killed himself showed, we have no laws in Ohio about owning exotic animals so I could totally raise a gorilla baby. Would you like to be the godmother?

Well, that was another excellent update. I look forward to the thrilling conclusion of your TR. If there's aren't giant explosions, a chase scene, and people yelling 'STUPEFY' at each other, I'm demanding my money back. ;)

:welcome:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. For all the compliments and for reading of course. You are too sweet! And thank you Kara, for bringing this wonderful person who praises me endlessly to my TR! :banana:

hahaha you're very welcome :rotfl: You're just like... a trip report writing GENIUS.

Please don't apologize for lengthy responses. You probably have noticed that long replies are kind of a thing around here. Kara, Yuki, and I all leave each other novel-long responses on like every update so... welcome, friend!

Oh good LOL I feel like I belong then :lmao:

I am very concerned I will not get my cheddar cheese soup this time. We had to postpone our trip to Decemeber and on such short notice can't get an ADR and my friend no longer works there. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!?

OH NO!!!! Okay hmm... what I would do is I would look for a lunch available on ANY day. Those seem to be easier to get than dinners. If you REALLY can't find anything... go to Le Cellier right when it opens at like 11:30 am. Maybe they can put you on a waiting list :) Because around that time of the morning it really isn't crowded at all yet.

Thanks again for all your sweet comments and WELCOME!!

No problem :) Thank you for writing!!!!

Oh and also.... I'M SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! And I'm so excited for the trip report finishing!!! :yay: What a great day. I hope you have a magical trip and I'm sure these next two weeks are gonna fly by really fast. I'm so excited for you to go! :goodvibes YAY!

WHAT???? OH MY GOD!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited for you, Lia! Like, knowing that you're going to WDW so soon just made my day. Is that weird? Probably. But you already know I'm weird, so no biggie.

NO IT IS NOT WEIRD!! That is why I love you! I would feel the same if I found out you were going. Especially because of what happened last time, you deserve the trip of a lifetime.

Where are you staying? How long are you going? Have you made all your ADRs? Are you going to MVMCP? How big is your suitcase and will I have room to pack 3 extra pairs of Crocs and 4 Disney-related hats (along with myself, of course)?

Actually, don't tell me.

It'll be more fun if it's a surprise. But you better be Tweeting every little detail, my dear. I expect to hear how many steps it is from the Carousel of Progress to Space Mountain, how many Mickey sprinkles are on your Mickey Rice Crispy Treats, and how many times you use FP for Maelstrom (because you know it will be a lot).

JUST AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

:wizard:

Hmmm.... I think all I will say is yes OF COURSE there is room for you, but maybe only ONE pair of crocs. I know, I know. It's a sacrifice. But just find one pair you can rock with any outfit and you're set!

I will absolutely be tweeting the entire time. I actually want to tweet a lot more than I did last time, just so I can remember stuff better. I also have to take AMAZING tr notes because I took crappy ones last time AND lost them, so there's that.

ETA: WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.

Did I not leave a long rambling comment on your gorilla update? What's wrong with me?

You know, I definitely wondered about that. I was like sheesh, was my GOR-ILL-AAAAAAAAA update not up to par? Where are my readers?! DOES NO ONE CARE ABOUT ME AND MY DISNEY HAPPENINGS ANYMORE!?!!? IS THE WORLD COMING TO AN END!???????????? Whew. Look, I am just glad you saw the error of your ways!

First of all, I definitely recommend character pics. Not if the lines are, like, 6334334343 miles long, of course, but if you have some free time, why not? Mickey Mouse hugs are the best. Especially now that he talks. Which, actually, I find sorta creepy, but I guess other people are into that kinda thing so talk away, Mickster.

I totally agree! We have character pics from every other trip except this one and I do not like it!! Definitely need to make some time for the big guy, of course, but I also really want pics with random people like Jafar. LOL.

I love the animal prints! They make everything feel so exotic.

YAY GORILLAS! I wonder why the fur on their arms is so much longer than the fur everywhere else. I mean, they kinda look like they're wearing cropped fur jackets. I guess that's the latest trend in gorilla fashion. Someone should check with Vogue AK.

VOGUE AK. ksjalkdjlaskjd I just love you.

I think I would have died if I saw a gorilla in a tree. When I was there in July, they were just sitting there eating bamboo. It was cute, but not as SUPER AWESOME MINDBLOWING WONDERFUL as tree action.

Which, in addition to roarin', chillin', and singin' Phil Collins songs, is one of the main things I would spend my time doing if i was a gorilla.
:rotfl:

BABY!!!! OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO ADORABLE!!! I WANT TO CUDDLE IT!!!

Do you think a gorilla would mind if I adopt one of their babies? By mind, I mean, do you think I could grab a gorilla's baby and run without it beating me to a pulp? As the crazy loon who released his own private menagerie and then killed himself showed, we have no laws in Ohio about owning exotic animals so I could totally raise a gorilla baby. Would you like to be the godmother?

Well, that was another excellent update. I look forward to the thrilling conclusion of your TR. If there's aren't giant explosions, a chase scene, and people yelling 'STUPEFY' at each other, I'm demanding my money back. ;)

Seriously, it is so amazing and special when the animals are actually doing something besides just sitting there. I mean even just seeing that is awesome but when they are like DOING GORILLAISH THINGS it's too exciting. When that one grunted I was like dying.

Dude, haven't you seen Tarzan? Don't mess with gorilla babies. You will get EFFED up if they are anything like Tarzan's mommy.

Thanks girl! YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!

hahaha you're very welcome :rotfl: You're just like... a trip report writing GENIUS.

You need to stick around. You're making my ego huge. I mean sure, this is a good TR. But me? A genius? I just love you.

OH NO!!!! Okay hmm... what I would do is I would look for a lunch available on ANY day. Those seem to be easier to get than dinners. If you REALLY can't find anything... go to Le Cellier right when it opens at like 11:30 am. Maybe they can put you on a waiting list :) Because around that time of the morning it really isn't crowded at all yet.

That's what I've been doing every day is trying to get a lunch. Sigh. I wonder what the success rate is of showing up at 11:30 to get in? I am distressed over this. I don't think you understand... I NEED MY CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP.

No problem :) Thank you for writing!!!!

Oh and also.... I'M SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! And I'm so excited for the trip report finishing!!! :yay: What a great day. I hope you have a magical trip and I'm sure these next two weeks are gonna fly by really fast. I'm so excited for you to go! :goodvibes YAY!

You're going very soon too, I see!! I'm so excited for my first time at Disney around Christmastime... it looks extra magical! :wizard:

So, hi!!! I'm the weirdo who cyber stalked you so hard I tweeted you, hahaha! Firstly, I just want to THANK YOU for writing such a wonderful thing for me to read. I'm so glad I found it when I did (through a quote on one of Jess' TRs who commented above) because I would NOT have been able to sit on my hands and patiently wait between updates. I hope you plan to tweet during your whole trip because I cannot wait to live vicariously through you. I took a 21st birthday trip to WDW in August with my mom and so much of what you wrote makes me think back to those seriously magical days and fills me with so much joy. I never get over the thrill of finding a kindred soul and someone who GETS Disney World is my favorite kind. After I got back from my trip, I held off from getting on the DIS for a good long while. I thought it would be way too painful, the way you have to unfriend a boy after he dates you (or keep the friendship just to make sure he sees the totally fierce and fab photos you'll be posting :rotfl:). With absolutely NO idea of when I'd be taking a trip again I just didn't know if I could bare it. But what I've found is that people on DIS, like your darling self, GET WDW the RIGHT way, you know what I mean? Like I try very hard not to be angered by people who go to WDW and just talk about it all wrong, like they complain or are confused as to where Harry Potter world was but I'm not that good of a person. People like that ANGER me!!! But the people who flock to the DIS are exactly my kind of people. & WOAH I really took this on a personal diatribe here. I also just stayed up past 4am reading this and I have to register for classes at 5:30am soo looks like an all-nighter, hahah! Oh and that brings me back to Earth, I read long ago that you are a serious insomniac as well! I've always been this way, since like 4th grade so I get you on that level! I made some other notes as I was reading I wanted to respond to:

-30 Rock is my religion, so I love that you love it. EVERY time I see a WDW commercial (which has been SO much lately, they've really upped the advertising!!) I always say "I want to go to there." That just does not get old to me and it's totally indicative of the way I feel about WDW, like I love it so much I can barely form a sentence. I want to go to there.
-So I know you wrote something about a "tingly butt" feeling. Everyone who knows me knows that I often reference "the weird feeling in my butt." And I kind of actually LOVE that feeling, because it reminds me of being SO excited/thrilled like on a Disney Mountain but it also pops up at times when I'm feeling super awkward. My family can spot the look on my face when I'm starting to feel it and one of them will always lean over and whisper "does your butt feel weird?" And I will, of course, bust out laughing and have to walk away. My best friend knows the feeling too and we always quote one of my favorite scenes from any movie ever: I'm guessing you've seen Knocked Up, just because you really like Superbad (as do I!) and it's along the same vein. But anyways, the scene where they're all sitting around the dinner table and the little girl describes where she thinks babies come from (if you haven't seen it, or forgot the scene you HAVE to youtube search "knocked up where do babies come from"), she mentions that your butt falls off. So my friend and I will always turn to each other and yell "OH MY GOD MY BUTTS GONNA FALL OFF." Always a way to get the attention of every male in the room.
-Oh and I also have a note here that you mentioned wanting very badly to go to Monte Carlo. I have seen the promised land and you must journey yonder at the first opportunity. I have a family that travels a lot, which is a blessing and a curse. How might that be a curse? WELL...you see they always want to go on trips to Alaska and Italy and other various destinations in Europe and I LOVE that I really do...but they think it's CRAZY that I'd want to take another trip to WDW so soon when there's so many other places to see. But on my great big beautiful tomorrow I just want to be in a place where they pump the smell of freshly baked cookies down main street, ya know? BUT ANYWAYS: Monte Carlo is exquisite and manicured perfection. It's the pinnacle of beauty and wealth and opulence and it really is simply intoxicating. Now, if you ever get the opportunity to visit, you MUST DO AS I SAY: Go to the mountaintop village of Eze. It's this remnant of a Medieval French town and you have to walk up a lot of stairs built into mountains and ride a bus but it's worth it!
-I am also obsessed with A Goofy Movie...in fact, it's something that's come back into my life as of late because I got a random reminder of the music from the movie and I keep watching clips on youtube. And that picture you posted is my favorite thing ever. Leaning Tower of Cheeza, CLASSIC.
-Oh and this is largely unimportant but...I have unpierced ears too!!! I personally don't think it's that weird. I'm perfectly content keeping my jewelry around body parts (like my neck, wrist, or finger) without having it clasped through a HOLE someone stabbed in me!
-I also really love sugar skulls/the day of the dead! Odd for me since I'm the most feminine and girlish thing ever, but I've been loving incorporating them into my wardrobe. I have this ring from the Disney Couture jewelry line (which you probably know about but if not you need to get on it now!!! You would love it!) which is inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean and it's a gold skull covered in flowers. I just love that I'm wearing something Disney themed but sugary skullish, you know? (link to one here)

Finally, I just wanted to say that your trip has really inspired me to pay WAY more attention to the food aspect of my next trip. Because I hadn't been to WDW in circa 10 years :scared1: before this trip there were so many ATTRACTIONS and nighttime shows etc to see and I really let those trump everything. I don't regret it because had I left WDW not knowing when I'd be back and hadn't gotten the opportunity to ride Expedition or Rockin Roller Coaster or TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA!!! Which, oh boy, ok if you've read to this point you're a saint. And also, if you've read to here then you probably won't mind one more (not so) quick tangent: We went to MGM/Hollywood Studios on a Fantasmic showing day and had spent the morning at Epcot. By the time we got there the fastpass machines had been replaced with the hyenas from Lion King just taunting us at even walking in that direction. The posted wait the entire day was around 100 minutes! We just couldn't bring ourselves to wait that long when there was so much else to see! We had planned on going to the 10:30 F! showing to avoid the crowds a bit so at about 9 I just thought, let's go see what the wait time is for the heck of it...it was around an hour. It was now or never and we decided to jump in line. We waited for about 15 minutes in a very suffocating, but adorable nonetheless, first room of the queue. We barely moved much in this time and I could tell that the posted wait time was nowhere near accurate. I was verklempt with worry about missing F! which I was SURE my mother would love and which neither of us had ever seen. I thought to myself, if we have to leave to get over there, that's just what we'll have to do. About the time that I was about to tell my mom this the most beautiful messenger of the word of my lord and savior Walt Disney comes walking through the queue asking "PARTY OF TWO?? PARTY OF TWO??" Before I could even possibly comprehend what was going on I just screamed "US! US!!! YES!!!" And many other random words that didn't actually make sense. The CM comes right to us and opens the gate for me and my mom to get INTO THE NOW COMPLETELY EMPTY FASTPASS LINE :eek: and escorts us all the way to the loading dock where we got on the ride about 15 seconds later. It was such a whirlwind and you have no idea the looks we received from the people we were running past as we laughed maniacally. I think I saw a small child form a shiv out of a Mickey Bar popsicle stick and try to jab me in the thigh with it. His parents cheered him on. ;) But what makes it so much better is that as the CM deposited us, his precious cargo, to the CM who was opening the gate for us to get on, he proclaimed "Here's the pretty girl I was telling you about Ryan!" To which I was totally like d'awww bashful Goofy style and the gatemaster Ryan says to me "Maybe you need to just stay in line and hang out with me a bit before I can let you on :lovestruc" hahaha, shameless flattery really ups the charm on any experience. So needless to say my mom and I had an AMAZING time on the ride and as we're walking away from Pixar Place we're just SHOUTING at each other "THAT WAS PIXIE DUST!!!!!!!" and as we had a moment to reflect on the experience we begin asking each other, out of the HUNDREDS of people in front of us, there wasn't even ONE party of two? And NO ONE even THOUGHT of splitting their party up?! Bless their hearts. And then after that we walked on sunshine towards Sunset where we were early for the F! seating and got a great view. I smiled the entire time I was writing that!

Um so...where was I...ah yes...Disney Food. So on that trip I was super focused on everything being as cheap as I could make it. I felt guilty because neither my brother nor my sister has ever been taken on a special solo trip with a parent and even though my mom would have said yes to any meal I wanted to prove how fiscal I could be. So we split meals at different Counter and Quick service places most of the trip. We still ate plenty of yummy food but next time I will definitely focus on the eating aspect of the trip as well.

And, finally, if my life plan stays the same I'll be doing the college program after I graduate starting January 2013. Although, I'm a little up in the air just because it feels weird to go to college for 4.5 years and put myself through all that, not to mention have my parents foot the bill, and then run off to WDW and get a job that pays $8 an hour. But what can I say, there's nothing in the world that has such an allure to me and I think it would be pure heaven. BUT. I say all of that only to leave you with this: I hope that one day I can be a DAVE for you and give you some insider magic at WDW that only a CM could, because you deserve it. For bringing me so many happy moments and memories as I read this! Best wishes on your trip, can't wait to hear all about it!!!

So, hi!!! I'm the weirdo who cyber stalked you so hard I tweeted you, hahaha! Firstly, I just want to THANK YOU for writing such a wonderful thing for me to read. I'm so glad I found it when I did (through a quote on one of Jess' TRs who commented above) because I would NOT have been able to sit on my hands and patiently wait between updates. I hope you plan to tweet during your whole trip because I cannot wait to live vicariously through you. I took a 21st birthday trip to WDW in August with my mom and so much of what you wrote makes me think back to those seriously magical days and fills me with so much joy. I never get over the thrill of finding a kindred soul and someone who GETS Disney World is my favorite kind. After I got back from my trip, I held off from getting on the DIS for a good long while. I thought it would be way too painful, the way you have to unfriend a boy after he dates you (or keep the friendship just to make sure he sees the totally fierce and fab photos you'll be posting :rotfl:). With absolutely NO idea of when I'd be taking a trip again I just didn't know if I could bare it. But what I've found is that people on DIS, like your darling self, GET WDW the RIGHT way, you know what I mean? Like I try very hard not to be angered by people who go to WDW and just talk about it all wrong, like they complain or are confused as to where Harry Potter world was but I'm not that good of a person. People like that ANGER me!!! But the people who flock to the DIS are exactly my kind of people. & WOAH I really took this on a personal diatribe here. I also just stayed up past 4am reading this and I have to register for classes at 5:30am soo looks like an all-nighter, hahah! Oh and that brings me back to Earth, I read long ago that you are a serious insomniac as well! I've always been this way, since like 4th grade so I get you on that level! I made some other notes as I was reading I wanted to respond to:

Hey!!! :welcome: and THANK YOU! I love that this TR not only is getting new life with brand new readers, but that it seems to inspire people to talk endlessly, the way I do. LOL. Really though you are so sweet and I'm so happy that you're enjoying my TR so much. When I started it, it was more or less just to amuse myself and enjoy the memories of our trip longer, I had no idea people would love it so much and it warms my heart that it does!

-30 Rock is my religion, so I love that you love it. EVERY time I see a WDW commercial (which has been SO much lately, they've really upped the advertising!!) I always say "I want to go to there." That just does not get old to me and it's totally indicative of the way I feel about WDW, like I love it so much I can barely form a sentence. I want to go to there.

"30 Rock is my religion" LOL that is a good way to put it! January 12 can not come fast enough.

-So I know you wrote something about a "tingly butt" feeling. Everyone who knows me knows that I often reference "the weird feeling in my butt." And I kind of actually LOVE that feeling, because it reminds me of being SO excited/thrilled like on a Disney Mountain but it also pops up at times when I'm feeling super awkward. My family can spot the look on my face when I'm starting to feel it and one of them will always lean over and whisper "does your butt feel weird?" And I will, of course, bust out laughing and have to walk away. My best friend knows the feeling too and we always quote one of my favorite scenes from any movie ever: I'm guessing you've seen Knocked Up, just because you really like Superbad (as do I!) and it's along the same vein. But anyways, the scene where they're all sitting around the dinner table and the little girl describes where she thinks babies come from (if you haven't seen it, or forgot the scene you HAVE to youtube search "knocked up where do babies come from"), she mentions that your butt falls off. So my friend and I will always turn to each other and yell "OH MY GOD MY BUTTS GONNA FALL OFF." Always a way to get the attention of every male in the room.

hahahaha I'm so happy people understand what I meant by that because it's hard to explain! I know a lot of people get tingly feelings in their stomachs on rides but for me it's ALWAYS my butt! I've never understood how people throw up after going on rides because I feel nothing in my stomach. Just tingly butt. And of course I have seen Knocked Up about 47 times. Every single time it comes on TV I say to myself, you have seen this 100 times, go do something else, but I just sit there until it ends every single time. LOL.

-Oh and I also have a note here that you mentioned wanting very badly to go to Monte Carlo. I have seen the promised land and you must journey yonder at the first opportunity. I have a family that travels a lot, which is a blessing and a curse. How might that be a curse? WELL...you see they always want to go on trips to Alaska and Italy and other various destinations in Europe and I LOVE that I really do...but they think it's CRAZY that I'd want to take another trip to WDW so soon when there's so many other places to see. But on my great big beautiful tomorrow I just want to be in a place where they pump the smell of freshly baked cookies down main street, ya know? BUT ANYWAYS: Monte Carlo is exquisite and manicured perfection. It's the pinnacle of beauty and wealth and opulence and it really is simply intoxicating. Now, if you ever get the opportunity to visit, you MUST DO AS I SAY: Go to the mountaintop village of Eze. It's this remnant of a Medieval French town and you have to walk up a lot of stairs built into mountains and ride a bus but it's worth it!

Oh man I am SO JEALOUS. I want to go everywhere too, but especially Europe and Africa. Hopefully one day I will be able to save up for those trips but until then I will settle for the fake versions of them at Disney! I do understand though how you'd be kind of annoyed cause you want to keep going to Disney World and your family wants to go other places. You are seriously sooo unbelievably lucky that you do get to see those places though.

-I am also obsessed with A Goofy Movie...in fact, it's something that's come back into my life as of late because I got a random reminder of the music from the movie and I keep watching clips on youtube. And that picture you posted is my favorite thing ever. Leaning Tower of Cheeza, CLASSIC.

I also feel the need to post this: http://capriamovies.tumblr.com/post/12228679401/this-is-one-of-the-greatest-movies-ever-made

I MEAN BIG FOOT IS DANCING LIKE JOHN TRAVOLTA IN SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER. WHAT COULD BE BETTER.

-Oh and this is largely unimportant but...I have unpierced ears too!!! I personally don't think it's that weird. I'm perfectly content keeping my jewelry around body parts (like my neck, wrist, or finger) without having it clasped through a HOLE someone stabbed in me!

Was it Kara that didn't have pierced ears? God, this thing has gone on for so long I don't even remember!

-I also really love sugar skulls/the day of the dead! Odd for me since I'm the most feminine and girlish thing ever, but I've been loving incorporating them into my wardrobe. I have this ring from the Disney Couture jewelry line (which you probably know about but if not you need to get on it now!!! You would love it!) which is inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean and it's a gold skull covered in flowers. I just love that I'm wearing something Disney themed but sugary skullish, you know? (link to one here)

Ahh, I'm so sad I had to postpone my trip and miss the Day of the Dead! I wanted to be in fake Mexico during it. Sigh. Oh well, next year? And YES I love that ring. I'm obsessed with basically everything Disney Couture makes. I've got my eye on this: http://www.fredflare.com/ACCESSORIES-jewelry/Disney-Couture-Minnie-x-Mawi-Locket-Necklace/ But I really don't need to be spending $100 on a necklace when I could use that actually AT WDW! Hmm... we'll see. Also this one: http://www.fredflare.com/ACCESSORIES-jewelry/Disney-Couture-Prince-Charming-Necklace/ makes me wanna sell a kidney. OH I LOVE IT.

Finally, I just wanted to say that your trip has really inspired me to pay WAY more attention to the food aspect of my next trip. Because I hadn't been to WDW in circa 10 years :scared1: before this trip there were so many ATTRACTIONS and nighttime shows etc to see and I really let those trump everything. I don't regret it because had I left WDW not knowing when I'd be back and hadn't gotten the opportunity to ride Expedition or Rockin Roller Coaster or TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA!!! Which, oh boy, ok if you've read to this point you're a saint. And also, if you've read to here then you probably won't mind one more (not so) quick tangent: We went to MGM/Hollywood Studios on a Fantasmic showing day and had spent the morning at Epcot. By the time we got there the fastpass machines had been replaced with the hyenas from Lion King just taunting us at even walking in that direction. The posted wait the entire day was around 100 minutes! We just couldn't bring ourselves to wait that long when there was so much else to see! We had planned on going to the 10:30 F! showing to avoid the crowds a bit so at about 9 I just thought, let's go see what the wait time is for the heck of it...it was around an hour. It was now or never and we decided to jump in line. We waited for about 15 minutes in a very suffocating, but adorable nonetheless, first room of the queue. We barely moved much in this time and I could tell that the posted wait time was nowhere near accurate. I was verklempt with worry about missing F! which I was SURE my mother would love and which neither of us had ever seen. I thought to myself, if we have to leave to get over there, that's just what we'll have to do. About the time that I was about to tell my mom this the most beautiful messenger of the word of my lord and savior Walt Disney comes walking through the queue asking "PARTY OF TWO?? PARTY OF TWO??" Before I could even possibly comprehend what was going on I just screamed "US! US!!! YES!!!" And many other random words that didn't actually make sense. The CM comes right to us and opens the gate for me and my mom to get INTO THE NOW COMPLETELY EMPTY FASTPASS LINE :eek: and escorts us all the way to the loading dock where we got on the ride about 15 seconds later. It was such a whirlwind and you have no idea the looks we received from the people we were running past as we laughed maniacally. I think I saw a small child form a shiv out of a Mickey Bar popsicle stick and try to jab me in the thigh with it. His parents cheered him on. ;) But what makes it so much better is that as the CM deposited us, his precious cargo, to the CM who was opening the gate for us to get on, he proclaimed "Here's the pretty girl I was telling you about Ryan!" To which I was totally like d'awww bashful Goofy style and the gatemaster Ryan says to me "Maybe you need to just stay in line and hang out with me a bit before I can let you on :lovestruc" hahaha, shameless flattery really ups the charm on any experience. So needless to say my mom and I had an AMAZING time on the ride and as we're walking away from Pixar Place we're just SHOUTING at each other "THAT WAS PIXIE DUST!!!!!!!" and as we had a moment to reflect on the experience we begin asking each other, out of the HUNDREDS of people in front of us, there wasn't even ONE party of two? And NO ONE even THOUGHT of splitting their party up?! Bless their hearts. And then after that we walked on sunshine towards Sunset where we were early for the F! seating and got a great view. I smiled the entire time I was writing that!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You should write a trip report! That was hilarious, especially "It was such a whirlwind and you have no idea the looks we received from the people we were running past as we laughed maniacally. I think I saw a small child form a shiv out of a Mickey Bar popsicle stick and try to jab me in the thigh with it. His parents cheered him on." HAHAHAHAHA :rotfl2: I like the way you write! And what a fantastic story. I love when things like that happen at Disney. As if WDW isn't magical enough, those little moments of pixie dust pixiedust: just make it even more amazing.

Um so...where was I...ah yes...Disney Food. So on that trip I was super focused on everything being as cheap as I could make it. I felt guilty because neither my brother nor my sister has ever been taken on a special solo trip with a parent and even though my mom would have said yes to any meal I wanted to prove how fiscal I could be. So we split meals at different Counter and Quick service places most of the trip. We still ate plenty of yummy food but next time I will definitely focus on the eating aspect of the trip as well.

Don't feel bad. I never paid attention to Disney food until 2006, which was our 6th trip! It's not ESSENTIAL for every Disney experience, but it can add a whole other fun aspect to your trip, especially if you love food as much as I do! And besides the food, the restaurants just offer such different and fun experiences depending on whatever theme they have, it's just so awesome.

And, finally, if my life plan stays the same I'll be doing the college program after I graduate starting January 2013. Although, I'm a little up in the air just because it feels weird to go to college for 4.5 years and put myself through all that, not to mention have my parents foot the bill, and then run off to WDW and get a job that pays $8 an hour. But what can I say, there's nothing in the world that has such an allure to me and I think it would be pure heaven. BUT. I say all of that only to leave you with this: I hope that one day I can be a DAVE for you and give you some insider magic at WDW that only a CM could, because you deserve it. For bringing me so many happy moments and memories as I read this! Best wishes on your trip, can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Aww, well you have some time to decide! Even though it's a low paying job, I hear from so many people that it's such a wonderful experience. When the time comes, your gut will tell you what the right decision is. :thumbsup2 And if you DO go, I expect many Le Cellier reservations from you!!!!! JK. But no.. really.. can someone get us in to Le Cellier?! :scared1:

I can't remember if I've commented before...I really need to read this beautiful trip report in all of its entirety...but I just have NO time...but ANYWAYS, I am SO happy for you that you're going so soon and I just wanted to say that you are hilarious as all get out and I cannot wait to have another TR in my subscriptions to read when/if I have some random and welcome free time at some point in the future. Because I WILL read them both completely.

From what I have read though, I would just like to ask WHERE you have been all my life? That monorail thing, SPOT ON. I need a monorail-lovin' boy. That would pretty much complete my life. So thank you for identifying with a stranger, aka me. It makes me feel so much less alone in my obsessions. So yeah. Just thought I'd stop by and say have a magical trip and I can't wait to read all about it! :wizard:

I can't remember if I've commented before...I really need to read this beautiful trip report in all of its entirety...but I just have NO time...but ANYWAYS, I am SO happy for you that you're going so soon and I just wanted to say that you are hilarious as all get out and I cannot wait to have another TR in my subscriptions to read when/if I have some random and welcome free time at some point in the future. Because I WILL read them both completely.

From what I have read though, I would just like to ask WHERE you have been all my life? That monorail thing, SPOT ON. I need a monorail-lovin' boy. That would pretty much complete my life. So thank you for identifying with a stranger, aka me. It makes me feel so much less alone in my obsessions. So yeah. Just thought I'd stop by and say have a magical trip and I can't wait to read all about it! :wizard:

Thanks so much!! Very glad you're enjoying it. I hear ya on having no time. I had a seasonal job that just ended and thank God because it was too many hours. I need my DIS time! :dance3:

And yes... everyone on the DIS makes me feel so much less alone in my obsessions too! I don't know anyone outside of the DIS that GETS Disney World the way I do, so I would be totally alone without it! :wizard:

Thanks so much!! Very glad you're enjoying it. I hear ya on having no time. I had a seasonal job that just ended and thank God because it was too many hours. I need my DIS time! :dance3:

I hear ya on that one! The DIS is like my therapy. :P

And yes... everyone on the DIS makes me feel so much less alone in my obsessions too! I don't know anyone outside of the DIS that GETS Disney World the way I do, so I would be totally alone without it! :wizard:

I actually have a few friends who really get Disney like me, and they're all here on the DIS as a matter of fact. But I am one of the lucky few I know.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter