The Mckee Clan's "words can't describe how wonderful it was" Disney World Vacation. Part 8

McKeeFamily3

Knee deep in snow
Part 8 Epcot & MGM
***Starring***
Valerie-me
George-DH
Hannah-DD
Angus-DS
Andrew-DN(nephew)
Amber-DC(cousin)

December 20th

We woke up today to near freezing temps! We were so glad we brought our winter coats! We saw a lot of very cold people today with nothing but shorts and t-shirts on.
Our first stop of the day is EPCOT! We all loved EPCOT sooo much! This was by far everyone's favorite park, even the kids! Before we went to the Wonders of Life Pavillion we stopped for hot chocolate at a little stand. It was the worst hot chocolate we had ever had. It tasted like hot water. I think they were rationing the chocolate mix. The line was huge and the guys working the stand were moving very slow. It took us about 35 minuets to get those cups of luke warm watery tasting hot chocolate! Anywhoo....We finnally made it over to WOL. We did Body Wars, walked right on! We did baby swap and everyone except George and I got to ride both times that we did the baby swap. This was Andrews favorite ride. Next we did Cranium Command. This is really cute! Then we just walked around the pavillion and did all the hand on activities. Hannah thought the Brail display was really cool. She got all of them right! After WOL we went over to the World Showcase. We hit Mexico, China and Norway. Then we headed back to OKW for lunch and nap time. It was way to cold to go swimming so Hannah and Andrew watched movies while Angus and I took a nap.
After we were all rested we went over to MGM. We did Backstage Pass and the Backlot Tour. On the way to the Backlot Tour we saw all the Pooh characters. The lines to see them were HUGE! Hannah still hadn't got pigglets autograph yet so we waited for him. She was thrilled! After Backlot we went over to get seats for Fantasmic! I had planned on bringing a small cooler with sandwiches and drinks but I forgot it back at OKW. So we ended up dropping $50 for hot dogs, chips, hot chocolate and cookies! We went into Fantasmic about 5:45 for the 7pm show. The wait wasn't to bad though. Between eating, talking with the family next to us and the pre show entertainment the time really went by fast! As for Fantasmic itself, what can I say except, it was Fantasmic!!! This is a GREAT show! A definite "do not miss"! After Fantasmic we went and saw the Osbourn lights. We didn't walk through the whole thing though because it was just tooo cold! The kids just wanted to go back to the room and get warm. The whole way back though they kept thier Osbourne lights glasses on and looked at all the lights! They said that was the best part of the whole day :rolleyes:

Another wonderful, fun filled day at Disney World behind us, we all fell blissfully, warmly asleep!

Next, Our last full day at Disney World :( EE at MK and EPCOT one last time.

tink07.gif

<font color=red>FIRST TIME TO WDW!Port Orleans December 15-16!! OKW DECEMBER 17-22!!</font>

The last thing you need is luke warm watered down Hot Chocolate when you are freezing, but it sounds like you made a great day in spite of the start.. I loved the kids still wearing their glasses from Osbourne Family lights, how cute is that.

Mac-key Mouse QOBGOC
dancecindy.gif

<font color=red>Coordinator of the First Annual Official Dis Convention </font>

it sound so wonderful during the holiday season i'm trying to talk my husband into a holiday trip next time he hates crowds
i envy you still having the small children though it is so much fun to see it all through their eyes

teachbrooks

We love Disney at Christmas time also. Thanks for posting your report.

travel.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter