The Mckee Clan's "words can't describe how wonderful it was" Disney World Vacation. Part 6

McKeeFamily3

Knee deep in snow
I keep getting kicked off so I'm going to write this in parts. I'll keep adding to this post until I get this installment done. So keep checking back. Hopefully I'll have it done tonight.

Part6 MGM
***starring***
Valerie-me
George-DH
Hannah-DD
Angus-DS
Andrew-DN(nephew)
Amber-DC(cousin)

Decmeber 18th

We woke up this morning looking forward to our first visit to MGM! We love shows so we were really looking forward to this park. After a quick breakfast in our room (I love having a kitchen!) we drove over to MGM and arrived at the park entrance at 9am on the dot!
First on our list was Little Mermaid. A great show! Angus was a little afraid but came through like a trooper. Next on our list was Indiana Jones. On the way we stopped to look at the miniature train they had set up in front of the big Christmas Tree. While we were looking a CM came up and started a conversation with us. It turned out that he was from Pittsburgh, DH's hometown! He and his wife had retired to Florida so they could work at DW! They both worked at Bear in the Big Blue house. He told us if we came to the show that he would make sure the kids got picked to be in the show! What a great guy! After a very nice visit with him we headed to IJ. We ended up getting a FP and then went over to Star Tours.
This was a ride we were all really looking forward to. We are all huge Star Wars Fans! When Hannah first saw the movie she pretended to be Princess Leia for weeks. She'd walk around the house in a white sheet saying "help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"!!! The ride was GREAT! George got to ride twice because we did the baby swap with Angus. We went over to Honey I shrunk the Kids Play ground until it was time for our IJ fast pass return. Another great show! Hannah was a little afraid because of the fire but soon got over it. She seemed to be overcomming her fears a little more every day. I think she realized that she was going to miss out on a lot of fun if she kept being afraid of everything.The kids were starting to get hungry so we went to Toy Story Pizza Plannet for lunch. The pizza is ok. Not great, not horrible. Here is a money saving tip for you parents. The pizza's are plenty big enough for 2 kids. Most of the child's meals are. We split 90% of them between the kids. Another thing we did, We only let them get water or milk to drink. Water is free and milk is .99 and is big enough for 2 kids to split. These 2 things saved alot on our food budget!
After lunch we went to Muppet 3-D. We all liked this one too. It did have it's scarry parts though. I even hid my eyes a few times!
We decided to head back to OKW for our afternoon break. Angus took a nap and Amber took Hannah and Andrew swimming. George and I went out to the balcony to relax. While we were sitting out there, I could have sworn that I heard the kids talking. At this time we didn't know where the pool was exactly, turn out that it was just accross the water from our us. We leaned over the balcony and sure enough, there was the pool. We could see them all over there having a great time!
After we were all rested up we went to Cape May for their Seafood buffett. I am not a buffett person but this one was fabuluos! I don't eat seafood so I wasn't expecting to much. They had a very large selection of non seafood items and it was all very good. The desserts were to die for! Everyone else said the seafood was very good too.
After dinner we went back to OKW. On the way to our building we noticed that alot of people had put up lights and Christmas decoratins in their windows. It was very pretty. We had a nice relaxing evening just watching movies.

Tommorow Part 7-Down Town Disney, Wide World of Sports and AK!

tink07.gif

<font color=red>FIRST TIME TO WDW!Port Orleans December 15-16!! OKW DECEMBER 17-22!!</font>

[This message was edited by McKeeFamily3 on 01-19-01 at 08:06 PM.]

[This message was edited by McKeeFamily3 on 01-19-01 at 08:15 PM.]

Did your kids get picked at Bear? That was really nice of the cm's to offer to do that. The pizza tip is a good one. No need spending more than you have to :D

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

We never did make it to Bear in the Big Blue House. None of the kids really watch the show on tv that much and they wanted to do other things.

tink07.gif

<font color=red>FIRST TIME TO WDW!Port Orleans December 15-16!! OKW DECEMBER 17-22!!</font>

Thanks for posting! I love reading trip reports about people staying at my home resort! Oh, yeah, and about the parks, too! LOL

rn_pic_1.jpg

dvcis.gif

dps.jpg

DVC Member since 1995

Wished I could have gotten picked to dance with Bear - it is a really cute show. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter