• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The MAY freaks! Celebrating 1 year of marriage! PTR STARTED!!

That sounds like a great tour. I hope I get to do it sometime. I love Mary Poppins!!!

It was. Oh I know, she is adorable. I want to see Mary Poppins on Broadway.

Oh.. What a nice update.. The tour sounds really interesting.. I can't wait to give it try.

I love your photo with Daisy!!:cutie:

Yeah def give it a try some day. It's great.

Aww thanks, isn't she cute.

That is a heckuva Hidden Mickey to spot.

HAHA yeah it is lol!

The kTTK tour looks like it was a blast! We might have to do that sometime! I love marry poppins too! I have yet to meet a "bad" mary poppins they always fill her role really well! I haven't heard much about the wave so I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it! :thumbsup2

You guys should do it one day. OMG I know, all the Mary Poppins I have met are so beautiful, and do her perfect. Oh I loved the Wave, can't wait to share the review with you guys.

Oh man we didn't get to go on POTC on our KTTK tour!!!!! :mad:

Oh no, that stinks. I asked Fred before the tour started if we were going to do POTC. He said yeah, sometimes they don't do it though if the park is really packed.

I like the pic of you in line, too cute.

haha thanks lol.

Hahaha...as much as you have provided me with an opportune moment to give Tim crap for being boring, I must confess that I didn't really think it was worth it in 3d. It wasn't one of those amazing 3d movies, ya know? It was nice, but not worth the extra money. So I guess borin' ol' Tim was right about something! :rotfl:

Oh well then that' good. Not good for you guys though. Yeah he was right then lol!

I just caught up with your TR! Thanks so much for sharing about TKKT. I so want to do that on our next trip (whenever that might be). I can't wait to read more!

Oh no problem. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lynn,
Thanks for the tour!! It looked like fun...something to try in my future!! Fred seemed like a good tour guide!

I can't wait to hear all about The Wave, hoping for a September ressie...14 more days until I can book my ADR's! YAY!:cool1:

The pic of you in line in cute with all the kids and the one with Mary Poppins is really nice, she was a pretty Mary!!:goodvibes

Aww I loved Fred, he was so sweet, and knew a lot about Disney. He has been a CM for over 20 years, I forget exactly how many years, I do know it was a lot.

OOOH You should be able to definitely get in. It's so good there.

Yeah she was gorgeous!

I AGREE! I like your pictures WAY BETTER than the photopass pictures!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Very cool tour! And the pics! your camera is awesome!!! I loved all that you learned and remembered on here.... all the information and detail Disney puts into everything... like the 13 lanterns for the 13 Colonies... HOW COOL!

haha thanks! Yes I loved all the information. There is so much to take in while you are at Disney. I love all the details.

KTTK looks great Lynn but I have to confess I just quickly looked at the photos as I dont want to spoil it when we do the tour :laughing:

Oh it's ok. Yeah don't want to spoil it for yourself. Have fun, you will enjoy it.

Wow, the KTTK Tour sounds like it was a lot of fun! That's so cool they took you on some rides tot ell you about them!

Ahhh, Goofy without his head on?! I would've been traumatized too!

Yeah you should do it someday, I know you would love it. OMG Tim was so traumatized LMAO!!! I thought it was funny, but it does ruin the magic a little bit, but then you get over it once your out in the park again.

The tour looks awesome! It's cool to learn some of the little ins and outs of how things work.

Yeah, it was very neat!

Ok I should have an update coming up very soon OK :)

Thanks for the tour preview, we have to wait until the little one is big enough for tours so it will be quite awhile. She is 3 going on 13 with the attitude but I think Disney actually wants her to be 10, not just act like she is.

I am enjoying following along on your trip report. Your husband's Donald pin collection may have been the inspiration behind my pin purchase on ebay this morning. I spent our spur of the moment weekend trip trying to convince my 3 year old she wanted to trade pins when we went back for our real trip in September. I don't think she was convinced but I believe I sold my mom on the idea, we are hitting the Disney outlet this weekend to see what else we can find.

KTTK Tour WOW that is a great tour. I never saw that hidden Mickey before. It looks like a lot of fun. Mary Poppins looks so cute. Love all the pics like always:lovestruc

Hey girl! Me neither, so it was cool to find the one!

She was so cute, thanks!!

You're getting me so excited about the KTTK tour!

Oh good YAY!

Me too! I loved it! Especially the 'Step in Time' number. Amazing!

OOOH you saw it!! Oh that is awesome!

Thanks for the tour preview, we have to wait until the little one is big enough for tours so it will be quite awhile. She is 3 going on 13 with the attitude but I think Disney actually wants her to be 10, not just act like she is.

I am enjoying following along on your trip report. Your husband's Donald pin collection may have been the inspiration behind my pin purchase on ebay this morning. I spent our spur of the moment weekend trip trying to convince my 3 year old she wanted to trade pins when we went back for our real trip in September. I don't think she was convinced but I believe I sold my mom on the idea, we are hitting the Disney outlet this weekend to see what else we can find.

Hi! No Problem. Aww so cute, 3 is a great age!

Oh that is so cool! Ebay is a great place to get some pins. Tim lives on ebay. Since we have gotten back, there has been like 5 packages of pins delivered to the house. Another one today, it's insane. OOh have fun at the outlet!! I have to go to the outlet near us!

CONT...

Dole Whips were calling our names!! It was a warm day, so we needed a treat to help cool us down!!

As we were walking by, the castle show was going on. I snapped a picture!

049-1.jpg

When we were in line for some dole whips, we decided to hit splash mountain! YAY! I also had to convince Tim to try the dole whip float, instead of just the plain jane. Yeah it didn't work.

YUM, I had a pineapple float..
050-2.jpg

Tim had the swirl. All pineapple is way better.
051-1.jpg

I'm telling you guys, Dole Whip Floats will cool you down, they are the best.

When we got near Splash, I noticed Goofy, and he was all dressed up in western clothes!!! TOO CUTE!!! I ran in line, never had my picture with him!

He wanted to have my dole whip and hold it in the picture, but the photopass people didn't let him.

Image192.jpg

He was so cute!
Image193.jpg

We got to Splash... and grabbed a FP! It was almost 3, so I wanted to head towards Main St to get a seat for the parade.
052.jpg

On the way to the parade, Tim spotted his buddy!!

053.jpg

This Donald was a lot of fun, and very energetic. He freaked over Tim's pins, and called the photopass guy over to check them out lol, and the character handler lol.
054.jpg

Here are some of the photopass pics, lol you can see me snapping away haha!
Image196.jpg

Image199.jpg

Image198.jpg

Image200.jpg

and the ones I took

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

We made it to Fantasy land, I was going to walk through the castle to main st, but the bridge was up, DUH Lynn LOL. OH well.I took a pic lol.
059.jpg

So we went back towards frontierland, and I'm glad I did!! They had some CMs out with a little boom box, that was covered by a present, so it looked like a little gift. so cute. Anyway, they had the YMCA playing lol!! They asked me to dance with them so of course I did HAHA. I'm such a dork.

064.jpg

No clue what I'm doing lol! I was doing what the CMs were doing lol
065.jpg

060.jpg

061-1.jpg

063.jpg

It's fun to stay at the YMCA!
066.jpg

That was fun!! We made it to Main st and were able to get a seat no problem.
069-1.jpg

They start with a local marching band.
067.jpg

068.jpg

CONT..

Few! I just caught up! :surfweb:

Great trippie!! Looks like you are having a fantastic time. Your pictures are gorgeous! Looks like you are getting lots of pixie dust!

Love all the updates and the info about KTTW - how fun. I'd like to do this one day. That's what is so cool about Disney - there are always fun things to do the next time around! :cool1: How wet did you get on POTC? I don't remember reading that so I'm just curious, really. Should I be protecting my camera bag more? It wasn't like Splash, was it? YIKES!

I especially loved the picture of you two sitting on the curb, waiting for the show to start. Did you guys take it yourself? LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

Heather

Caught up - what a fun trip report! I really enjoyed the KTTW tour review. I would love to do that someday sans the kiddos. Maybe when I talk my DH into taking a solo trip for the F&W festival we can do that as well. Fred was just so cute!:cutie:

Looking forward to your Wave review - we have Kona ADR's one night and I am curious if I should try to get into The Wave. What do you think?

One last question - a few days ago you answered my "shoes" question. You said you wear flip flops all the time at WDW (I live in Texas so we can almost wear them year around and I do). Do you buy a special type of flip flops (Teva for example) or just any old flip flops that are supportive and match your outfit? Thanks for your help! :)

That goofy is super cute! The dole whip float looks delicious...I'll have to try one next time...never had one! We had a good seat on main street for the parade as well! :goodvibes

CONT...

Finally the parade started!!

072-1.jpg

Here were the families who were chosen to be in the parade. The family in the front were celebrating a mothers day trip, and the couple in the back were celebrating the upcoming birth of their first child. Aww!

073.jpg

The new parade is so cute! The floats are so bright, and colorful. Love it!

It starts with Mickey and Minnie of course.
075.jpg

076-1.jpg

Next was the Pinocchio float

Gepetto walked by, so cute

077-1.jpg

078.jpg

Jimini
079.jpg

Snow White
080.jpg

This float was so cute
081.jpg

Aladdin
082.jpg

Mary Poppins
083.jpg

Tweedle Dee or Dum LOL
084.jpg

Peter Pan and Alice
085.jpg

Suzy or Perla, not sure
086.jpg

That was the Anastasia and Step mother in one of our pictures last May. They were great!
087-1.jpg

I love the princess floats
088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

This float is so cute. It has a bunch of characters, and they all come down and dance. It's too cute!

092.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

And that's it!! Parade was over, so we headed back to Splash mountain!!

CONT....

CONT....

It didn't take long to get to Splash because a lot of people were still sitting waiting for the parade.

Stopped for a pic.
098.jpg

YES we're on!!

DSC03110.jpg

HAHA the parade!
DSC03111.jpg

OH NO we're going down Slippin Falls!
DSC03112.jpg

Oh and thank God we did not get not soaked by the chute!! Not this time lol.

AHHH we're going up, can you see Mickey's profile?
DSC03114.jpg

and we're going down LOL!!
DSC03115.jpg

We did not get that wet just a little splashes. When we got into the part where they sing zip a dee do dah, Tim found a mickey in the clouds. It's a mickey cloud and it looks like he's laying down!! I was not able to get a picture of him then, but I did the next time I went on.

Tim left to go back to the room to grab something. I know he went back to get my tripod, but there was something else he wanted to grab.. oh his lanyards!!

I went on BTMRR!! Here was the wait time.
106.jpg

LOL 5 minutes. I didn't even wait that long haha. Guess where I sat? All the way in the back LOL! It was cool though, I loved it back there.

I swear that that rock is a little dude sitting.
100.jpg

UH OH we're going up.
101.jpg

102.jpg

WOO HOO!!
103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

It was a fun ride!

I was ready to go back on Splash. YES! Only a 10 minute wait!!!
107.jpg

I told you guys wednesays are the best day to be at the MK!!

So the chute got me this time, and it got me good!! I was soaked, especially my butt. Yuck, I hate having a wet butt.

I think this was when we were going down one of the little drops.
109.jpg

OOH and here is the hidden mickey I was talking about!!
110.jpg

When I got off I texted Tim to tell him how wet I got lol!

I wondered off to the Castle after that and took some pretty pictures.
111.jpg

112.jpg

I peeked inside the BBB, so cute. I love the castle BBB!!!

After that I hung out in fantasy land, and went on the teacups! Only a 5 min wait!
115.jpg

A very merry unbirthday to you!!!!
114.jpg

113.jpg

It's no fun going on by yourself, I didn't go very fast lol!

I hit the rose garden next. Love it in there!!
116.jpg

CONT...

Wow Lynn! Splash did get you wet! :laughing: But, good pic of the hidden Mickey laying down. He's one of my favorite hidden Mickey's! You can also see him from the train when you are arriving into Frontierland station and you go by that scene of Spalsh!

CONT...

It was time to meet up with Tim and head to The Wave for dinner. I told him I would meet him outside of the entrance of the MK.

Brfore I left, I had my picture taken by photopass, of course.

This was taken with my camera, I blinked and ruined the photopass one.
117.jpg

oooh look how bad I got burnt. I wore sun screen, but because of my bag rubbing against my shoulder, and me taking it on and off, the sunscreen must have wore off.

Image202.jpg

They had me do another Tink shot.
Image205.jpg

As I was exiting the gates, I noticed an Ariel pin on the CM's lanyard. I freaked, and asked her if I could trade with her. She said "I knew it, knew this one was going to go, I just got it." Here, it was A in the alphabet series pin set!!!! WOO HOO!! So from there, I was determined to find the rest of the letters!

I waited for Tim for a couple of minutes, and when I saw him told him I got a letter HAHA!

We walked over to the Contemporary. When we got in the lobby I asked a CM where The Wave was. It's like right there, duh LOL!

They had some beautiful orchads sitting on the counter.
119.jpg

Here it is!!
120.jpg

This is how it looks when you walk in.
121.jpg

I guess Tim took a picture of me reading the menu, look how bad my sunburn was haha.
122.jpg

We loved it as soon as we got in there. The people were so nice when we checked in. While we were waiting to be seated we chatted. Oh and the lounge in there is so cool!!

Again, this was the perfect time to come to dinner. It was nice and quiet in the restaurant, not crowded at all. I believe out ressie was around 6ish, I thought it was around 5 but it wasn't. I know I said 5 earlier.

Our waitress came to our table, said happy anniversar, and asked us if it was our first time there. We told her yes, and she told us about the restaurant. Oh and she also said that they give all their anniversary couples a glass of complimentary champagne. That is so nice.

She took our drink order next. I noticed smoothies on the menu , and asked her how they were. She said she doesn't like them, they are not like your typical smoothie place smoothies. She said that I could get a virgin daquiri. YUM that sounded good! Tim ordered a strawberry milkshake. These drinks are included in the DP. We also ordered our apps and entree.

She brought our champagne out after she took our drink order.
133.jpg

It was very good. Sparkling, just like my favorite wine, Rosa Regale.
She offered to take our picture!!

123.jpg

Next came out our apps. Tim got the crab cake. He liked it a lot, and so did I. Very good. Tim's favorite crab cake in the world is at the Brown Derby though.
126.jpg

I ordered the roasted tomato soup!! OMG when I saw that it came with a mini grilled cheese, I freaked!! OMG too cute! That just won me over lol!
125.jpg

Oh and here is the bread, it's delicious.
127.jpg

Here were our drinks. Very good.
128-1.jpg

I ordered the filet!! Let me tell you, I have never had a filet melt in my mouth before. This is the best I have ever had!! It was delicious. So were the mashed potatoes. They had celery in them, sounds weird, but it was sooo good. What a different flavor.
129-1.jpg

It also came with some sweet potatoes, and yams. OMG so good!!

Tim got the cinnamon rubbed pork loin. I tried it, it was delicious.
130.jpg

He loved it!! Just the smell of it was amazing.

The desserts there are cool. You get 3 mini sized desserts, so cute!

I had this one, had to look it up on allears.net
Creamy Indulgence - Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis, Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Drizzle, or Chocolate-Passion Fruit Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle

131.jpg

YUM!! I never ever eat cheesecake, this one was amazing!!!!!!!!! So good.

Tim had..Crispy and Crunchy - Vanilla-braised Pineapple Spears, Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "Baklava", or Zucchini-Carrot Cake with Vanilla Panna Cotta
132.jpg

I liked the carrot cake!

Before we left, they gave us a card. So cute! Now I remember the name of our waitress. Her name was Renee. She was great!! Ask for her when you go.
133.jpg

The Wave is a great place. We loved it, and we will be back!! Can't wait. You guys should really give it a try. I honestly think that it should be a 2 TS meal on the DDP.

Ok up next is pictures of wishes!!

I loooooooooove the pineapple float! Good choice, Lynn! :thumbsup2

Oh yeah, gotta love them!!

Few! I just caught up! :surfweb:

Great trippie!! Looks like you are having a fantastic time. Your pictures are gorgeous! Looks like you are getting lots of pixie dust!

We did have an amazing time. Can't wait to go back in Jan! Thank you, and yeah we did have some pixie dust.

yay thanks for the update.

It helped me relax while I'm grading work.

Aww good lol!

Love all the updates and the info about KTTW - how fun. I'd like to do this one day. That's what is so cool about Disney - there are always fun things to do the next time around! :cool1: How wet did you get on POTC? I don't remember reading that so I'm just curious, really. Should I be protecting my camera bag more? It wasn't like Splash, was it? YIKES!

I especially loved the picture of you two sitting on the curb, waiting for the show to start. Did you guys take it yourself? LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

Heather

It was so much fun! Oh no, we were not soaked, but we did get a little splash. Not bad though lol.
Thank you, yeah Tim took the picture!

Caught up - what a fun trip report! I really enjoyed the KTTW tour review. I would love to do that someday sans the kiddos. Maybe when I talk my DH into taking a solo trip for the F&W festival we can do that as well. Fred was just so cute!:cutie:

Looking forward to your Wave review - we have Kona ADR's one night and I am curious if I should try to get into The Wave. What do you think?

One last question - a few days ago you answered my "shoes" question. You said you wear flip flops all the time at WDW (I live in Texas so we can almost wear them year around and I do). Do you buy a special type of flip flops (Teva for example) or just any old flip flops that are supportive and match your outfit? Thanks for your help! :)

Oh you guys have to do a solo trip. I think all parents deserve it. Fred was so sweet, I loved him.

Oh that is a tough question. I love both restaurants. I say do both. Have you done Kona before? If you have then try The Wave.

I get my flip flops from hollister, and american eagle. They are rubbery at the bottom. Some have support. I know now not to get the hard flat bottom ones.

That goofy is super cute! The dole whip float looks delicious...I'll have to try one next time...never had one! We had a good seat on main street for the parade as well! :goodvibes

Oh he so is!! He was the one I saw walking around with his head off LOL. Oh get a dole whip!!!!

Good, glad you were able to get a good seat. I love the parade.

Good update!!
Love the YMCA at Disney, Lol.

HAHA OMG I was such a dork for doing it, but you know what, I had fun.

Wow Lynn! Splash did get you wet! :laughing: But, good pic of the hidden Mickey laying down. He's one of my favorite hidden Mickey's! You can also see him from the train when you are arriving into Frontierland station and you go by that scene of Spalsh!

OMg girl I was soaked LOL. But it was warm out so I dried up pretty fast. OOOh I did not know that!! I have to ride the train, I have not been on it in a while.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyum!

Girl go there!!!

Is the Wave in the Contemporary??? I should book that place for the first night we get there! Looks yummy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter