The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

I'm fairly sure that the rack rate for a courtyard view room at WL during your dates (i.e. regular season) is $320/night. So if you got it for $258 that's a 20% discount!

Doesn't sound bad at all to me, especially considering the room-only rate discount through AAA during this time is only 10% :)

I think I will hang on to the reservation..it is a discount of as you indicate 20%...but I'd also be able to go during the summer...in August(yes..I know it's really hot) if the discount were going to be more..say the 40% that some on the boards are talking about. I also just received an e-mail from them(I didn't even know they had my e-mail address) with the confirmation # and dates. Sure enough the dates are WRONG..I have it written in front of me..but when she processed the reservation she was off by a day on arrival and dept. I intend to call back tonight to change that. I knew this reservationist was a bit confused about the various resorts and possible discounts. I would like to see if there is another discount attached to our name...other than the mailer pin I received. Do I just ask this..or is the mailer for the 4/23 to 6/2 the only one applicable for us?

on the phone w/ cro, they're out!!! AP rates are out!

Getting $580.48 for 4 nights, tax inc @ moderate

$805.48 for AKL pool for 4 nights.

Just called as well! Had to upgrade to a King Size Bed for our vacation at CSR. She said no other discounts were available at CSR for regular rooms unless I changed hotels! O well :( I still save $200!

i just called and was told nothing gor the poly may 5-10. soo bummed. does that mean nothing will open up or do i still have a chance?

I posted this on another thread but I thought I'd post it here too:

They are for check-ins April 15 - June 2
Value Resorts for $74+
Moderate Resorts from $129
$101 off Deluxe Resorts per night

I am trying to wake up my TA so she can call. This is when I hate not making my own ressies!

Now if I didnt see this thread this morning, I would be glad that she was watching for me.:)

Value Resorts for $74+

Thanks for the info!

For May 8-May 15:

Had either Beach Club Standard or Boardwalk Villa Studio for $258 per night (which is $101 off per night). Yacht Club was not available. Just asked for the Passholder discount, didn't need the actual code.

Just got AKL Deluxe Savannah for 5/21-5/24 at $330 per night. Regular Savannah not available at AP rate for those dates.

i just called and was told nothing gor the poly may 5-10. soo bummed. does that mean nothing will open up or do i still have a chance?

I was hoping for Polynesian as well, I was also told that NOTHING was available there. Maybe something will open up, but I don't think it will. I was on the phone right at 7am this morning. I think they just didn't offer the Polynesian this time.

I called at 7:08 this am, after being on hold for about 3 min, got a CM that told me there was nothing out, check back next month! She didn't even bother checking, just answered me right away, NO. I had a bad gut feeling about it and called right back and VIOLA! Code FDA good for my rooms booked at POR 4/29-5/9!!
YIPPEE!!!!

Value Resorts for $74+

I'm doing 9 nights May 3-12 and splitting the time between CSR and CBR. The $36 discount from rack rate isn't enough to cover the cost of an annual pass upgrade considering that I'm already booked at the AAA discount for the duration. I would only save about $11 per night at my resorts (if they had availability). I'm almost relieved in a way that I won't have to scramble to change the reservations today.

The discount on Deluxe Resorts looks pretty decent. Good luck to all with your changes today. :surfweb:

I also tried to get the AP rate on a room at the Polynesian, but was told nothing is available for my dates (5/22 - 5/29). AARRGHH! Here's hoping a code will come up for my December trip! :teeth:

I'm doing 9 nights May 3-12 and splitting the time between CSR and CBR. The $36 discount from rack rate isn't enough to cover the cost of an annual pass upgrade considering that I'm already booked at the AAA discount for the duration. I would only save about $11 per night at my resorts (if they had availability). I'm almost relieved in a way that I won't have to scramble to change the reservations today.

Same here. For moderate rooms, AAA room rate w/ tax is $157, AP room rate w/ tax is $145. Factor in the cost of an AP, and I come out $43 ahead going with AAA (9 nights).

I was really hoping for deeper AP discounts.

Just got my AP discount applied at Pop! WhoooHoooo! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just made my vacation twice as nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter