The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

That was me:) I really think they are going to wait until March, skip the 2 weeks of Easter, and have the AP rates beging on 4/16. What I really want to know is it will they be for check-ins to 6/2 to match the current promotions or go thru 7/7 when regular season ends:confused3

that is not completey true, I remember them coming out on a saturday morning one year back around 98..98 and other days also. so I would not hold on to that one!

that is not completey true, I remember them coming out on a saturday morning one year back around 98..98 and other days also. so I would not hold on to that one!

:thumbsup2
I know it's all a guess. I only checked past release dates on Mousesavers for the past year.

Called this morning at 9:15 and no ap rates out yet. The CM told me to start checking the first of March. Not sure if she was just guessing or really knew something but those were her words. Keep watching and waiting!

Called Disney today just to see if i had any codes or discounts attached to my name and the CM said nothing at this time. She checked all my info and said i should be getting a postcard in the mail with a May discount.

Do you have an existing reservation? Did you just ask her to put your name in her computer and see if their were discounts in your name. I'm just curious?

No reservation yet, I was trying to wait and see if any codes or discounts would come out for May, So I called and asked the CM to see if i had anything with my name on it and she said no but I should be getting a postcard with sometype of discount on it.

Subscribing here!

Just another bit of info, for 2 years in a row now, they have come out the end of Feb. I'm ready to book too for the end of May and keeping an eye out.

Its getting close!

Can't wait.
:banana:

I'm so bummed ya'll. I FINALLLY get a postcard with a pin and it's for 4/15-6/2 AND it's only for the free ticket upgrades....UGH...We're not leaving until 6/3 (plane tickets bought already). I'm guessing that will be the ONLY postcard I get this year and I can NOT even use it...:sad2:

I got a post card too, only it's to do that dang survey !

Anyone know if there are ever any codes that can be applied to a stay at the Fort Wilderness Campground? Is an AP discount good on the price of the AP or on lodging reservations for those who hold an AP? We are going at the end of May. Thanks so much!

I got a postcard too......................buy DVC before the price goes up! :rotfl:

Anyone know if there are ever any codes that can be applied to a stay at the Fort Wilderness Campground? Is an AP discount good on the price of the AP or on lodging reservations for those who hold an AP? We are going at the end of May. Thanks so much!

Yes, you can apply AAA or AP rates at FW...IF (a big if) they are available! They seem to be getting harder to get lately.

We had a reservation at FW in January and the AAA was actually less than the AP rate! Unfortunately, we had to cancel and reschedule for end of April and there was no AAA available, so I'm waiting for (hopefully) AP rates.

The AP discount is for lodging reservations for those who have an AP. However, if you have an AP, there is a slight discount if you renew it for the next year.

Subscribing here!

Just another bit of info, for 2 years in a row now, they have come out the end of Feb. I'm ready to book too for the end of May and keeping an eye out.

Its getting close!

Can't wait.
:banana:
I booked last week, value, so I NEED the code, hoping for big savings for AKL, so I can switch..... I hope and hope and hope!:banana:

Ok, I have a couple of newbie questions. We have AP's for the first time. We are going to WDW May 25-30.

I know AP rates aren't out yet for May, but should I go ahead and book rooms at rack rates? Can I then switch those rooms to AP rates when they come out? Is that how it works?

Ok, I have a couple of newbie questions. We have AP's for the first time. We are going to WDW May 25-30.

I know AP rates aren't out yet for May, but should I go ahead and book rooms at rack rates? Can I then switch those rooms to AP rates when they come out? Is that how it works?

You got it! Good luck, I found some old express checkout paperwork from various resorts over the past few years, it's amazing how much the rates have jumped!

They will only switch your rate to an AP rate if there is a room available for those dates at the discounted rate.
I personally don't book a room until rates come out. If I'm not willing to pay rack rate I won't make a reservation for it.
If you're willing to pay rack rate at the resort you're going to book, then by all means make the reservation. If not, I'd wait. If rooms are all booked at rack, why bother offering a discount to AP holders?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter