The May 2007 Rate/Code Watch

are the 69.00 tickets non stop ?
I have never flown
AAA says she came almost certainly get me nonstop up and back for about 200 each at SW
the cheapest i have found is delta at 197.00
flying from bwi

We go every May and the weather is usually very nice. The parks can be busy but not crazy. We are renting a home at the Terra Verde Resort for 5 days and then going on the DCL Wonder for 3 days. Can't wait, hope everyone has a great vacation. Disney magic and pixie dust to all. :banana:

Nevera22 said:
I thought this might be helpful to people pricing.

I just came back from AAA where I got some price quotes;

quote 1= ASMu, for 7 days, MYW (w/ hopper)+ DDP, 4 adults, 1 room standard
=2,702.92 ($675 person)

quote 2= ASMu, for 7 days, MYW + (w/ hopper)+ DDP, this time only 2 adults in one standard room.
= 1,569.02 ($784 person)

I dont think thats to bad considering we're all recent college grads and have a tight budget. We're two couples so we will prolly opt for the 2 rooms. :love:

I wish it were May!!! :goodvibes

wow. that 2nd deal sounds pretty good. i called AAA today and they gave me a quote of $2221 for 8 nights at POP with DDP + MYW (w/ hopper and H2O parks) for 2 adults. is it just me or does that sound a bit high? even the local TA has gotten me better deals.

henry lutz said:
are the 69.00 tickets non stop ?
I have never flown
AAA says she came almost certainly get me nonstop up and back for about 200 each at SW
the cheapest i have found is delta at 197.00
flying from bwi

The $69 was a special they were having which I am praying will pop up again come May. I would def check out Jet Blue's page and check thier rates and often. (I don't knwo if AAA offers discounts on Jet Blue so she would prolly not suggest it if they didn't.)

kevin75 said:
wow. that 2nd deal sounds pretty good. i called AAA today and they gave me a quote of $2221 for 8 nights at POP with DDP + MYW (w/ hopper and H2O parks) for 2 adults. is it just me or does that sound a bit high? even the local TA has gotten me better deals.

It does sound a tad high, about 650 more then I was quoted, but you do have one more day plus the water parks.

After I crunched the numbers I found that AAA only saved me $100, which isn't awful but I'm still looking for better deals. Plus I completly forgot about the water parks! :lmao:

yeah, we do have that extra day and the water parks but even then it doesn't seem like it should be that much higher.

DannyDisneyFreak said:
Yes

Do you drink alot of pop (or soda depending on your geographic location) and/or coffee? (you can also get hot chocolate and icees too) It is a good souviner too, I use mine alot at home and it reminds me of WDW :cloud9:

REALLY???? :cheer2: You can get icees and hot chocolate in your mugs??? :banana: :banana: I had no idea :confused3 WOW! Now it is a must for me, I don't drink soda or coffee. THANKS!

That seems high to me too. We got AAA 8 nights preferred room POP, park hoppers, DDP, 2adults / 2 children $2651.96 ($662 pp). But, we don't have water parks and it is 2 kids included instead of 4 adults. Hope you get a good deal!!! :wizard:

:wave2: We are booked for May 3- 10 at POFQ. :cool1: This will be our 5th time in May and we just love it that time of year, only half a day of rain out of all the days there then :sunny: Can't wait to go again. :hyper:

kevin75 said:

:wave2: That price seems high to me. We booked 7 nights at POFQ with DDP , H2O & more for $2,270. This was through AAA also. 2 adults.

sandymandr said:
REALLY???? :cheer2: You can get icees and hot chocolate in your mugs??? :banana: :banana: I had no idea :confused3 WOW! Now it is a must for me, I don't drink soda or coffee. THANKS!
Yep, at the Pop Century they had Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Minute Maid Apple Juice, Caffene Free Diet Coke, Iced Tea and Cherry and Coke Flavored Icees. I don't know if all the resorts have all the same selections though.

3 Questions! :Pinkbounc

1. Some ppl are saying other TA's (aside from AAA) are posting that they were quoted better rates then AAA offers. Do TA's get different discounts even though codes are not yet out? (I e-mailed small world and they said since I wanted DDP I should go with AAA.)

2.I radomly recieved an application for a disney Visa and so did my mother oddly enough. Neither of us need another card but we want the Disney discounts! If I were to get the card and Disney offers a deal can I let her use it? Can I give away my disney rewards points? (She wants to plan a trip after mine.)

3. Whats an iccee? :confused3

tiggerman said:
:wave2: That price seems high to me. We booked 7 nights at POFQ with DDP , H2O & more for $2,270. This was through AAA also. 2 adults.

tiggerman,

thanks for the heads up. i may try that one tomorrow when i call AAA back. when did you book for, if i may ask?

Nevera22 said:

1. Some ppl are saying other TA's (aside from AAA) are posting that they were quoted better rates then AAA offers. Do TA's get different discounts even though codes are not yet out? (I e-mailed small world and they said since I wanted DDP I should go with AAA.)

2.I radomly recieved an application for a disney Visa and so did my mother oddly enough. Neither of us need another card but we want the Disney discounts! If I were to get the card and Disney offers a deal can I let her use it? Can I give away my disney rewards points? (She wants to plan a trip after mine.)

You can't transfer your reward points, but there is no reason why you couldn't transfer them to a reward card, buy Disney dollars and give that to your mom.

Hello Everyone - I have to switch to the April price code watch board :sad2: ....can't go in May now!! BUT not super disappointed cause I STILL get to go to WDW!! :banana:

Hope everyone has a great next trip!! :thumbsup2

Nevera22 said:

An icee is the same as a slushie (which they call them in some parts of the country), basically a flavored ice drink, but not to be confused with a sno-cone which is hard ice......an icee has kind of melty ice, mmmmm mmmmmm :dance3: :dance3:

By the way, do you all fill up your mugs in the morning and take them with you to the parks? If so, what do you do with them all day? :confused3 I keep thinking about all the stuff I am going to end up having with me at the park, when all I really want to do is have free hands to hug Mickey!!! :jumping1:

Subscribing. Going to Poly May 28 for 10 nights. 249 days and counting (memo to self: Must get ticker).

First trip...ever. Been waiting ever since that Sunday night in '71. Those of you old enough know what I am talking about. Currently have Room Only Garden View Concierge booked w/AAA discount through Disney. Hoping to justify an AP with AP discounts. Still deciding about going with a package and DDP.

Icee, slushie, Slurpee (7-11 trademark product) are all called FCBs (frozen carbonated beverages) in the industry. The flavor is frozen as opposed to Snow-Cone or Italian Ice where a non-frozen flavored liquid is poured over ice.

Thanks to all for the great advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter