The Matterhorn, I know the real reason why it's closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneypremium

Earning My Ears
The Matterhorn was closed due to remodeling. But that's not all of the story! Please do not read this article alowd if there are children around. The Disneyland Matterhorn claimed 2 lifes! According to sorces, The Matterhorn turned into a crime scene.
First story not as graphic as the secound is about a colledge boy and a few friends. One night they wanted to ride The Matterhorn while in Disneyland. When they got on the ride everything was fine until one of the guys wanted to streach his legs out so he stood up, if you remember...The Matterhorn's riding carts pass by each other, apparently he was somehow hit by a speeding cart and was found dead a few tracks down. If you thought this was graphic this next story will shock you!
A middle aged woman also wanted to ride The Matterhorn. She got seated in her cart while CM's checked that she was buckled in and that same CM told sorces that she was safely buckled in. Somehow at one part of the ride she was umbuckled and thrown out of her cart by strong ride turbulances. She landed on another set of tracks, then her life came to a crushing death! A cart called "The Bullet" crushed her on the tracks and wasn't able to move any further....it was stuck on her now mangled body. All of Fantasyland was closed due to "technical diffuculties"for the rest of the day.......... really Disneyland was hiding a horrific crime scene from curious patrons.
According to other sources, Disneyland Is remodeling The Matterhorn so carts will not pass by each other (a remodel that could have saved the boy in story one).

Mixed fable. I doubt anything like this happened and Disney kept it quiet. Al Lutz would be all over this by 12pm of that day.

I got the story from reliable sources! Im sure its true. i got more disney death stories if you want to hear them.

While I appreciate your input, in all honesty I do not believe what your sources have been telling you. I would ask that you refrain from sharing these mixed tales of death on the News/Rumors Board, which in all honesty, and with due respect, are rather morbid.

Don't feed the troll!

He read Mouse Tales a little too much .... :D :o ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad:

Yes, there have been 2 deaths on the Matterhorn, but they are not recent.

From www.snopes.com

May 1964: Mark Maples, a 15-year-old Long Beach, CA, resident, was killed when he tried to stand up on the Matterhorn Bobsleds. Maples (or his companion) foolishly unbuckled his seatbeat and attempted to stand up as their bobsled neared the peak of the mountain. Maples lost his balance and was thrown from the sled to the track below, fracturing his skull and ribs and causing internal injuries. He died three days later.

3 January 1984: Dolly Regene Young, a 48-year-old Fremont, CA, resident, was killed on the Matterhorn in an incident remarkably similar to the first Disneyland guest death nearly twenty years earlier. About two-thirds of the way down the mountain Young was thrown from her seat into the path of an oncoming bobsled, her head and chest becoming pinned beneath its wheels. An examination of Young's sled revealed that her seatbelt was not fastened at the time of the accident, but because she was riding alone in the rear car of a sled no one could determine whether or not she had deliberately unfastened her belt.

No thanks....that kind of stuff is best left to a Yahoo chatroom.

Roy

Thank you hopemax for your imput. I have wrote down truth and you supported it. Please email me to keep in touch. Thanks again.

-Elektra

Thanks for your imput. I was cautious not to read the stories alowd. The one about the colledge kid is awful. All he wanted to do was streatch his legs? Doesn't that stink. And the other one, I've always worried about my belt coming umbuckled as well. Tell your sorces thanks for me.

Originally posted by disneypremium
Thank you hopemax for your imput. I have wrote down truth and you supported it. Please email me to keep in touch. Thanks again.

-Elektra
Actually, you wrote down embellishments and exaggerations, and hopemax corrected them. The deaths on the Matterhorn happened along time ago. They were public knowledge and have been been well documented for a very long time. There is no chance that these accidents are the cause of the Matterhorn rehab.

And here I thought it was because the soles of those that have died had reincarnated themselves as Harry the Snow Monster and were plotting to kill other Disneyland guests.

A dude named Elektra?
raisebrow.gif

That was an interesting link to the Disneyland deaths. Is there one for Disneyworld?
Reading about the Matterhorn makes me wonder why they don't have better restarints in space mountain. The whoel time I was on it I was so freaked out because I was afraid my 5 year old would stand up and fall out.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter