The Marvels

i think there’s a difference between knowing your audience and

Small counterpoint: not having Han, Leia, and Luke on screen at the same time was a problem made in TFA, not TLJ. Han was dead at that point. Yeah, yeah, Force ghosts, whatever. We’ll probably get some edited special edition of RoS with Han in there at the end.
Oh I agree, that was a huge screw up on JJ’s part.

That should have been top of KK’s list of what had to occur. I consider that a huge mistake on Disney’s part. Literally a 30 second clip is all it would have took.

I am a big proponent of the idea of "Special Editioning" all of the movies. Glitz them up again and smooth out some rough edges. It would be good!
Except that not many people want to buy that garbage known as the Disney ST, even if you try and fix that disjointed mess.

I just don’t believe the Disney movies have the rewatchability that the George Lucas films have.

20 years from now I just don’t believe anyone will be watching the Disney ST marathon style like many currently do the George Lucas Star Wars.

Last edited:
I think Dany is Luke in your comparison. Dany was beautiful, compassionate, fair, and politically brilliant. Then suddenly she was a psychopath that was slaughtering the innocent. The fans recoiled from her being so outside of character just like they did with Luke being a grumpy old man and dying alone a loser.
Reading the books, you can see how Dany could potentially get to that point. The issue with the show was that they rushed the end and made it come out of nowhere.

Except that not many people want to buy that garbage known as the Disney ST, even if you try and fix that disjointed mess.

I just don’t believe the Disney movies have the rewatchability that the George Lucas films have.

20 years from now I just don’t believe anyone will be watching the Disney ST marathon style like many currently do the George Lucas Star Wars.

Well, I will be. I'll continue to watch them all.

Once Dumb and Dumber ran out of the source material the show nose dived. I'm so happy they didn't get a Star Wars project.
It sure is something how they rushed Game of Thrones, probably the biggest show to come out in a long time just so they could get started on that Star Wars project and then when the reception to season 8 turned overwhelmingly negative, they were taken off said Star Wars project.

Once Dumb and Dumber ran out of the source material the show nose dived. I'm so happy they didn't get a Star Wars project.

I know why that happened! A buddy and I would usually make a habit of observing funny intereactions at WDW and giving little backstories and assigning names to the participants. We once saw this guy who was arguing with the CMs at Tower of Terror FastPass entrance, about getting into the line. He became "George R.R. Martin" because of the resemblance - well, his resemblance to the fake George R.R. Martin as depicted on Family Guy anyway. 🤣 So the story became, "I'm George R.R. Martin and I demand to ride Tower of Terror. I'll ruin Game of Thrones. I'll do it! I'll kill Jon Snow again!" Little did we know he would actually follow-through on that threat and just stop writing them, leaving the show to falter.

Full disclosure: I am not a GoT fan and have never even watched a full episode.

I know why that happened! A buddy and I would usually make a habit of observing funny intereactions at WDW and giving little backstories and assigning names to the participants. We once saw this guy who was arguing with the CMs at Tower of Terror FastPass entrance, about getting into the line. He became "George R.R. Martin" because of the resemblance - well, his resemblance to the fake George R.R. Martin as depicted on Family Guy anyway. 🤣 So the story became, "I'm George R.R. Martin and I demand to ride Tower of Terror. I'll ruin Game of Thrones. I'll do it! I'll kill Jon Snow again!" Little did we know he would actually follow-through on that threat and just stop writing them, leaving the show to falter.

It was incredibly well done until they quit using source material from the creator. Pretty similar to the Star Was saga in that regard.

Still a great show and captured the imagination of the masses like few shows have. People were literally discussing the new episode around the water cooler at work. Closest thing I have personally seen to this was Saturday Night Live in its heyday.

Last edited:

Book 5 (A Dance with Dragons, 2011) was only 6 years after book 4 (A Feast for Crows) and there’s only been about 12 years of waiting for Book 6 (The Winds of Winter) to come around. He might be working on it or he might just be stewing over it for another half decade, who knows. Then there’s a whole additional book to write!

Book 5 (A Dance with Dragons, 2011) was only 6 years after book 4 (A Feast for Crows) and there’s only been about 12 years of waiting for Book 6 (The Winds of Winter) to come around. He might be working on it or he might just be stewing over it for another half decade, who knows. Then there’s a whole additional book to write!

Look, he gets to ride the Tower of Terror and it gets done. It's as simple as that. 😁

Went and saw the movie last night. It was good but I found it to be rather lacking in any real impact. A light and breezy story where the stakes never felt particularly real because of it. Iman Vellani and Kamala's family are the standouts. The rest of the characters seem very rote and just hitting the story beats. I am always disappointed in Bree Larson in this role because while I generally like her as an actress she can't seem to pull a character out of Captain Marvel.

I think that’s where Hollywood is struggling mightily right now. They seem to have forgotten how to write a strong female lead. Often they come across as stone faced and lacking of any real emotion. The female hero with a scowl on her face with arms crossed is literally a meme now.

Hollywood used to know how to write these characters though, as Katnis Ederdeen and Ellen Ripley before that were perfectly written female hero’s. Hundreds of other examples as well. Eleven from Stranger Things being a more modern example that was well written.

So in your last sentence above you were not saying Disney has been “using more female leads or targeted a different audience”?

So you are saying it happened, but organically due to subtle changes in society over time? So did or did it not happen that Disney began “using more female leads or target a different audience”?

The podcast mentioned what "they" think will happen soon or has happened, but the latest movie with 3 female leads fighting a female lead was what triggered the podcast subject.

They said

Hulk will be replaced by his female cousin SheHulk.

Hawkeye will be replaced by Kate Bishop.

Black Panther will be replaced by Shuri.

Ironman will be replaced by Riri as Iron heart.

Antman will be replaced by Cassie as Antwoman.

Thor will be replaced by Jane.

Not sure if any of this is true, or if it's bad or good.

The podcast mentioned what "they" think will happen soon or has happened, but the latest movie with 3 female leads fighting a female lead was what triggered the podcast subject.

They said

Hulk will be replaced by his female cousin SheHulk.

Hawkeye will be replaced by Kate Bishop.

Black Panther will be replaced by Shuri.

Ironman will be replaced by Riri as Iron heart.

Antman will be replaced by Cassie as Antwoman.

Thor will be replaced by Jane.

Not sure if any of this is true, or if it's bad or good.

I don't see this happening, nor is it where they hinted they were going for the most part:

Hulk will be replaced by his female cousin SheHulk - They are existing together, though we may not see either again.

Hawkeye will be replaced by Kate Bishop - Also, existing together.

Black Panther will be replaced by Shuri - Only because Chadwick passed away.

Ironman will be replaced by Riri as Iron heart - Tony already has an heir apparent, Peter Parker.

Antman will be replaced by Cassie as Antwoman - Cassie will likely join this Young Avengers thing and go by Stature.

Thor will be replaced by Jane - Jane died, plus I think they will have an easier time getting Hemsworth back over Portman.

I don't see this happening, nor is it where they hinted they were going for the most part:

Hulk will be replaced by his female cousin SheHulk - They are existing together, though we may not see either again.

Hawkeye will be replaced by Kate Bishop - Also, existing together.

Black Panther will be replaced by Shuri - Only because Chadwick passed away.

Ironman will be replaced by Riri as Iron heart - Tony already has an heir apparent, Peter Parker.

Antman will be replaced by Cassie as Antwoman - Cassie will likely join this Young Avengers thing and go by Stature.

Thor will be replaced by Jane - Jane died, plus I think they will have an easier time getting Hemsworth back over Portman.

I guess we will find out of course. Maybe more female leads is better?

Jeremy was learning to walk so we'll see.

Hemsworth sounded like taking a step back.

Antman is a toss up IMO but has a replacement ready.

Hulk replacement is for sure ready.

Not sure I consider Spiderman the new Iroman when we will have Ironheart.

I guess we will find out of course. Maybe more female leads is better?

Jeremy was learning to walk so we'll see.

Hemsworth sounded like taking a step back.

Antman is a toss up IMO but has a replacement ready.

Hulk replacement is for sure ready.

Not sure I consider Spiderman the new Iroman when we will have Ironheart.
Your logic is very sound, not something you see around here often.

Spider-Man as Iron Man’s replacement? As a leader of the group maybe, but I think the lady in the iron man suit seems like a much more logical comparison.

I agree, maybe all new female leads is exactly what Marvel needs. Maybe The Marvels flopping so spectacularly is an anomaly.

I think that’s where Hollywood is struggling mightily right now. They seem to have forgotten how to write a strong female lead. Often they come across as stone faced and lacking of any real emotion. The female hero with a scowl on her face with arms crossed is literally a meme now.

Hollywood used to know how to write these characters though, as Katnis Ederdeen and Ellen Ripley before that were perfectly written female hero’s. Hundreds of other examples as well. Eleven from Stranger Things being a more modern example that was well written.
I mean...

1700670218676.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter