The Marvels

Don Bluth was not involved in Ferngully. It was an independent project.

/sorry I know that's not related to the Marvels. Carry on.

I'm sorry, you are right. It's a very similar style though. I might have been thinking of Don Bluth's Thumbelina.

What are your thoughts on this movie set to release pretty soon?

Marvel / Disney sure need a win this year.............can this film win at the box office?
I really enjoyed the Disney plus series Ms Marvel. I really didn’t enjoy the other two characters (in CPT Marvel and the rest of her movies and Rambeaux in Wandavision). Would I enjoy the Marvels? What a mixed bag

I thought Rambeaux was really good in Wandavision, but I thought Wandavision was great and not everyone agrees with that.

Last edited:
I thought Rambeaux was really good in Wandavision, I thought Wandavision was great and not everyone agrees with that.

WandaVision was the best of the D+ shows - well, that and Hawkeye. The others all have some kind of glaring flaw, though Loki S2 somewhat redeems S1 if you take them as a whole. Sadly, most of the others are pretty good until the last one or two episodes where they always seem to fall apart! I'll give She-Hulk a pass on it though because it fell apart but then they made a point about that exact thing and fixed it!

My thoughts on all of the shows so far:

WandaVision: Amazing and creative!
Falcon/Winter Soldier: It's disjointed and they heavily push sympathy for Flag Smasher that is completely unearned.
Loki S1: No real climax or ending at all - dull "final" episode.
Hawkeye: Pretty great actually, and very sharp. They made Kate likeable despite how she is sometimes written in the comics.
Moon Knight: Actually not bad with a good finale, but it drags, and that one episode in the asylum/dream world was just awful! The god-fight at the end was cool though.
Ms. Marvel: Really great until in the second to last episode the bad guy is no longer bad and just goes away and then there is a new bad guy in the finale that was forgotten about from the first episode and they bring in extra characters to do stuff despite the fact that they have had little to do with anything so far - It's as messy as this run-on sentence.
She Hulk: Very funny and well written, plus it had Wongers, so that's always good. It's a bit different from the others though so it's hard to compare.
Secret Invasion: Early on it was fine, maybe a bit slow. The finale though was just abit anticlimactic, but the worst part was the sudden change to the President's character that just comes out of nowhere. It's weird - like something was missing. Actually, I think a LOT was missing.
Loki S2: Ah, now that's what I'm talking about. They continue straight on from S1 with more of what worked. Adding Ke Huy Quan was much needed and generally I am quite happy with the way this season actually wrapped things up.

I really enjoyed the Disney plus series Ms Marvel. I really didn’t enjoy the other two characters (in CPT Marvel and the rest of her movies and Rambeaux in Wandavision). Would I enjoy the Marvels? What a mixed bag
I’ll just add for me in terms of story and entertainment it’s akin to the Super Mario Bros movie. Basic and fun but not without flaws. Just doesn’t also have the 40 years of nostalgia berries to motivate an audience member to go to a theater vs “I’ll just watch this on Disney+”

I’ll just add for me in terms of story and entertainment it’s akin to the Super Mario Bros movie. Basic and fun but not without flaws. Just doesn’t also have the 40 years of nostalgia berries to motivate an audience member to go to a theater vs “I’ll just watch this on Disney+”
Yeah Mario was a solid 6/10. I enjoyed watching it but peeling back the nostalgia goggles it does have a lot of flaws. The pop culture music didn't fit the scenes at all and took me out of the moment.

Yeah Mario was a solid 6/10. I enjoyed watching it but peeling back the nostalgia goggles it does have a lot of flaws. The pop culture music didn't fit the scenes at all and took me out of the moment.

I don't necessarily mind the pop music, but I don't love the songs that they picked. So many of them have been done to death. They do get massive props for including the Super Mario Bros. Super Show theme and the DK Rap though!

I don't necessarily mind the pop music, but I don't love the songs that they picked. So many of them have been done to death. They do get massive props for including the Super Mario Bros. Super Show theme and the DK Rap though!
I think the pop culture music bothers me because they actually composed original tracks for those scenes but were forced to put in the songs. The one song that plays when they go to DK's world goes so hard that I'm upset it was cut.

I think the pop culture music bothers me because they actually composed original tracks for those scenes but were forced to put in the songs. The one song that plays when they go to DK's world goes so hard that I'm upset it was cut.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. They didn't really need the pop songs at all since Super Mario has such a rich history of incredible music to base it off of - Super Show included of course. That one really made my day!

That was the BEST episode, it had two Oscar Isaacs. :P

See, some of my friends agree, but I felt it just brought everything to a screeching halt. It was just weird for the sake of weird. Tons of streaming shows love to do that one-off special episode, and most of the time they just don't work.

Isn't that Moon Knight in general? :D

It doesn't have to be. Only recent comics really leaned into the mulptiple personalities thing and, as always, recent comics are always of questionable quality. The MCU usually corrects that though, and for the most part Moon Knight was pretty good - I just didn't care for that episode. At least they saved it in the end though.

Moon Knight is a show i loved watching but also forgot about it once it ended.

she hulk was a lot of fun but again i kind of forgot about it once it ended.

Loki S2: Ah, now that's what I'm talking about. They continue straight on from S1 with more of what worked. Adding Ke Huy Quan was much needed and generally I am quite happy with the way this season actually wrapped things up.

it was good but, wished Morbious had gotten on a jetski ha, kinda liked the girl being with Loki oh well, I am a sucker for surprise though like instead of 2 centuries of learing he just went and found Tony to figure out what to do, oh and the constant bouncing around got old

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter