The Marvels

I really enjoyed the movie. Fun, fast paced, and great chemistry amongst the cast. Was worried about Dar-Benn's villain from reviews comparing her to Malekith and some saying even worse, but she actually had fleshed motivation and character. Not the strongest villain in the MCU but not completely bland.
The final scene before the credits was great too. Loved the call back to Fury and Stark from Iron Man

I really enjoyed the movie. Fun, fast paced, and great chemistry amongst the cast. Was worried about Dar-Benn's villain from reviews comparing her to Malekith and some saying even worse, but she actually had fleshed motivation and character. Not the strongest villain in the MCU but not completely bland.
The final scene before the credits was great too. Loved the call back to Fury and Stark from Iron Man

Yes, that scene was great!

I liked Dar-Benn - deep cut from some older comics. It's nice to see that they actually consider stuff that is less recent when they research characters.

Sorry folks, but as I predicted The Marvels is another major box office Disney bomb, with dreadful reviews. Disney never seems to learn, catering to niche audiences is not a smart idea when you are investing millions, but perhaps they are existing in a group think bubble, like many on these boards seem to do. One can only hope that the CGI pic they showed of Snow White is accurate, and they have added some "tiny people" instead of the "magical creatures", otherwise, another yet again it will be a huge box office disaster. Disney Disney's stock price is down again today, BIG TIME, despite a very strong day for the markets. Sorry not sorry to trigger many of you on the boards, but those are stone cold facts. Now go ahead, and as usual, do your duty to report this post as "highly offensive".

Last edited:
Sorry folks, but as I predicated, The Marvels is another major box office Disney bomb, with dreadful reviews. Disney never seems to learn, catering to niche audiences is not a smart idea when you are investing millions, but perhaps they are existing in a group think bubble, like many on these boards seem to do. One can only hope that the CGI pic they showed of Snow White is accurate, and they have added some "tiny people" instead of the "magical creatures", otherwise, another yet again it will be a huge box office disaster. Disney Disney's stock price is down again today, BIG TIME, despite a very strong day for the markets. Sorry not sorry to trigger many of you on the boards, but those are stone cold facts. Now go ahead, and as usual, do your duty to report this post as "highly offensive".

Well, clearly they have some box-office issues with this one (and it's not the only one), but the reviews are hardly "dreadful." Mixed is fair, with a 61% on Rotten Tomatoes and a very good 86% audience score - that's decent for sure.

Sorry folks, but as I predicated, The Marvels is another major box office Disney bomb, with dreadful reviews. Disney never seems to learn, catering to niche audiences is not a smart idea when you are investing millions, but perhaps they are existing in a group think bubble, like many on these boards seem to do. One can only hope that the CGI pic they showed of Snow White is accurate, and they have added some "tiny people" instead of the "magical creatures", otherwise, another yet again it will be a huge box office disaster. Disney Disney's stock price is down again today, BIG TIME, despite a very strong day for the markets. Sorry not sorry to trigger many of you on the boards, but those are stone cold facts. Now go ahead, and as usual, do your duty to report this post as "highly offensive".
You misspelled “predicted”.

It's art, not everything is about money.
It may not be a profitable movie, but you have to carry along the characters and story in order for there to be any interest down the road, otherwise there is zero interest in 3 generations.
Lets face it Steamboat Willie isn't a masterpiece, but we still know who Mickey is today. ;)

Last edited:
Well, clearly they have some box-office issues with this one (and it's not the only one), but the reviews are hardly "dreadful." Mixed is fair, with a 61% on Rotten Tomatoes and a very good 86% audience score - that's decent for sure.
Financial disaster

Sorry folks, but as I predicted The Marvels is another major box office Disney bomb, with dreadful reviews. Disney never seems to learn, catering to niche audiences is not a smart idea when you are investing millions, but perhaps they are existing in a group think bubble, like many on these boards seem to do. One can only hope that the CGI pic they showed of Snow White is accurate, and they have added some "tiny people" instead of the "magical creatures", otherwise, another yet again it will be a huge box office disaster. Disney Disney's stock price is down again today, BIG TIME, despite a very strong day for the markets. Sorry not sorry to trigger many of you on the boards, but those are stone cold facts. Now go ahead, and as usual, do your duty to report this post as "highly offensive".
What niche audiences do you believe they were targeting with this movie?

I thought it was great. Fast paced, good action, great chemistry between the 3 actresses.

I thought the villain was mildly entertaining but didn't really hit for me as some of the other MCU "bads"

the mid-credit scene got a big pop in the room, even though i read about the leak it was still cool to see on the screen.

Secret Invasion about did me in.

I'm just barely hanging on with Loki. I'm a diehard and I have to rewatch most episodes to understand everything that is going on. It's mentally exhausting for a Marvel series.

Loki is/was amazing. top MCU show on disney+

Secret Invasion i never want to watch or think about again lol

Fans of movies that are just simple and fun. That niche audience.

it was a bold prediction to make that a movie with 2/3 characters mostly tied to a streaming service show that was released during a strike so zero of the actors could promote it across socials or talk shows would open to less that stellar numbers.

Wrong and wrong, what do Lightyear, Elemental, Wrinkle in Time, the new Little Mermaid, forthcoming Snow White remake all have in common(just to name a few)? Think hard and outside the group think off these boards. That's the answer like it or not, hence stock price is in the toilet and they continue to lose millions on these films.

Wrong and wrong, what do Lightyear, Elemental, Wrinkle in Time, the new Little Mermaid, forthcoming Snow White remake all have in common(just to name a few)? Think hard and outside the group think off these boards. That's the answer like it or not, hence stock price is in the toilet and they continue to lose millions on these films.
Is this a riddle? I'm not really good a hypothesizing. Please spell it out.

Think real hard, I am sure you can come up with the answer.
I don't know you so I don't know how I could come up with answer for a question asking you to elaborate on a statement you made.

I don't know you so I don't know how I could come up with answer for a question asking you to elaborate on a statement you made.
Keep thinking about, you may come up with some answers. Based on group think here, unlikely though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter