The March 2014 Thread!!!!

Hi there! Had to dust off my profile as it's been a while since I've been active on this site. Let's just say for the past three years I've been a lurker getting tons of tips and reading about all your trips! Its been way toooo long since my last visit to The World and this time my boyfriend and I decided to splurge! (well, splurge by our standards) so I'd like to contribute to this thread here goes!
March 10-18 Beach Club Resort!!!! Eeeeek! We've always wanted to stay here! Can't wait for storm along bay!!! Park hopper and dining plan too! Can't believe we got BOG and Ohana for decent meal times three weeks out without being up at the crack of dawn and hitting refresh all day! please don't give up hope for your ADR's! Anything is possible! It's Disney!!!ok I promise I'll stop with the exclamations. Thanks for letting me be a part of the thread and I hope everyone has a Magical vacation this spring.

You are going to LOVE Beach Club!!! Enjoy your stay!

Hi Everyone!

March 24-30 are the dates we've chosen for our Disney vacation! There will be four of us and my 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter will be experiencing Disney for the first time!

I have to admit I am a little nervous for the crowd predictions for this time frame. I want the kids to be able to do all the rides and meet the characters that I know they will want to meet. I thought that since Easter was so late in the year, that it would look better for March, but apparently I was off!

Hi Everyone! March 24-30 are the dates we've chosen for our Disney vacation! There will be four of us and my 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter will be experiencing Disney for the first time! I have to admit I am a little nervous for the crowd predictions for this time frame. I want the kids to be able to do all the rides and meet the characters that I know they will want to meet. I thought that since Easter was so late in the year, that it would look better for March, but apparently I was off!

even though Easter is later, most of March is spring break somewhere. That's when I'll be there, my spring break (and same week as you). If you want to meet all the characters, check Kenny the Pirate website for the best way to do it. I had lots of luck last year with his plans.

31 days out here,too...and last week my husband broke his fibula :( it should be fine by the time of our trip , but I'm a little worried!

Thank you! He broke it skiing - last week! I finally got him to go to the dr. I think if it wasn't for the trip he still wouldn't have gone in!

I think he thinks I'm kidding, but I told him if he's not 100% I will be renting him a scooter!

11 days to go! :cool1: DH got the suitcases out of the attic. Time to start packing!!

I had laser surgery on my left leg on 1/9 and I'm not quite 100%, but my leg is doing MUCH better than it was prior to surgery. I feel like I will be well enough to handle all the walking with out any wheeled assistance! ;) Tomorrow I am having a second procedure, but they promised it won't set me back any. I hope they aren't pulling my leg... (pun intended!!)

ha love the pun!
hope you heal up quickly! don't over-do it!

Thank you! He broke it skiing - last week! I finally got him to go to the dr. I think if it wasn't for the trip he still wouldn't have gone in!

I think he thinks I'm kidding, but I told him if he's not 100% I will be renting him a scooter!

Definitely look into getting a scooter. I fractured my tibia several years ago, and I still can't walk Disney pain free. Not to mention that I was in a wheel chair and immobilizing brace for a full month, and then on crutches for 3 months after. But if you're looking a scooters, look at off-site rentals. They tend to be about half the cost of renting in Disney per day, and are not difficult to transport on buses or in a car trunk.

ETA: Even if you (or he) doesn't think he'll need one, I'd recommend researching a couple of different companies before you go and taking their contact information. It will be a lot easier to have the info and not need it, than to need it and have to find it there.

I have changed my plans, but don't think I updated on this thread. We are going to stay at Coronado Springs from 17-26, a few nights down the bottom of Florida, then coming back for 2 nights at French Quarter. Then we are heading to Hawaii for a week on the way home on the 31/3. So excited 27 days to go. I alternating excited with being overwhelmed just for good measure!! ;)

11 days and almost packed!:banana: I think I'm going to call Disney to double-check all of my ADRs and hotel reservation tomorrow, just to make me feel better lol.

17 days to go! My husband and I are looking forward to our Disney alone time!!!
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014:love:

We fly out (BA) on the 11th, home on the 18th. Staying at BWV :thumbsup2

We have ADRs for BOG, Yachtsman, Yak & Yeti and T-Rex. Will be celebrating my daughter's 21st at Epcot on the 14th and St Patrick's Day at Epcot and Downtown Disney with fellow DIS friends on the 17th.

ETA: will be interested to hear about your experience with Aer Lingus as we are flying with them in October.

I've not used them before either, though I'm looking forward to the immigration clearance in Dublin :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I am new to this thread. I changed our plans from our end of March/beg of April trip to Friday March 14th-21st. We are so excited!! :) I see that we will be there when Splash Mountain is being refurbished but we are ok with that. We've had such a long, cold and snowy winter that I am ready for this trip sooner rather than later. Lol

Me too! Same date for a late lunch. We are doing Crystal Palace that morning at 8 so I didnt figure we would be hungry at the typical lunch time. We have an ADR for Whispering Canyon for dinner that night so that day, I am gonna be stuffed! I am sure all the walking I am going to do will burn it off though! LOL!

I did have to wait a bit and log off then log back on before a reservation time showed up so be patient and dont give up!

Hi fellow Louisianaian...DD and I will be in WDW March 3-8 / POFQ. Enjoy your stay, maybe we'll pass each other in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter