The Many Adventures of Bridgie the Boo Wish Trip -GKTW 6/27-7/3/11 PTR

It has been a jammed packed few weeks since Bridgie's wish. I promised some photos I was unable to post when I shared the Big Give. Better late than never….I am embarrassed this pre trip report has taken me so far into a post trip report. :blush: Please know how truly grateful we are for all the Gives and pixie dust.

One of the very first Gives received was a Curious George dress sent by Jen1023. Bridget tried on the dress and it fit perfectly, but somehow I lost the picture I took. I promised to get a photo of it. So as promised, here is Bridget in all her cuteness! I just love this adorable dress. Thank you so much. I know Bridgie will get more wear out of this at home too. It is so cute. Nora has her eyes on it as a hand me down as she has mentioned more than once “it will fit me soon, won’t it mom? ;)” Thank you so much for making our trip so special and for following along on our journey. :thanks: Jenb1023

haircutandCampQuality019.jpg

haircutandCampQuality018-1.jpg

I also promised a photo of this special gift for Catherine. Here is the photo of the Dopey bag made by hey jude and her daughter. Catherine just loves all things Dopey so this bag is very special! Even tonight as she headed off to dance, Dopey was loaded up and slung across her shoulder! Thank you both so much. :thanks:

haircutandCampQuality022.jpg

haircutandCampQuality020.jpg

We loved all the Mickey Mail boxes and the beautiful packages. This one from Ballet mom was one of our favorites!!! So cute!

disneyandother289.jpg

The kids had so much fun making their trays that were in this beautiful box. Here they are just having a blast. This was the day before we left…total chaos! It was a much needed fun break for all of them.

disneyandother296.jpg

Bridgie has had quite a month with the wish trip and lot of other activities. She returned last week from a 6 days at Camp Quality. CQ is a national camp program for kids with cancer. Each of the campers has a companion assigned to them for the entire week. They go everywhere with them and really enable kids like Bridget to be able to have a great camp experience. She loved every minute. Because she had a companion, if she needed to rest or something, she didn’t hold the rest of the camp back. Plus, I was comfortable sending her as someone would be keeping an eye out for her quiet seizures. I was so proud of Bridget. She did absolutely amazing…wasn’t homesick a bit. She even got up and told jokes at the talent show. I am just so grateful she had this fun opportunity. :banana: They were very flexible with us checking in too which was great. I even drove up one day because she was really fatigued and I wanted to make sure she wasn’t having quiet seizures. She was just tired I think, but she came bounding up to me so excited about camp. What a great summer she has had already with her wish trip and now camp!

I have had a lot of time this week to really reflect on the gift Bridget is to our lives. We celebrated her 11th birthday on Monday. It is a birthday I was not sure we would see, so it was all the more sweet. We went to Chuck E Cheese, swimming , dinner and a movie with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a great day. party: :bday:

I invite our Big Give friends, wishtrippers and those of you who have joined us on this ptr to visit Bridget's carepages.com site. Her page is prayforbridgieboo. I am not always good about keeping it up, but I do post major things. Still have to update the details of our wish trip!

I ask for your prayers for our little girl. We remain committed to taking every day with joy, but some days are just more difficult than others. Bridgie had a seizure today. They are always scary and just leads us to wonder whether there is tumor progression. She will probably have an MRI next week and an EEG. We have confidence that God has a plan for her and knowing others are praying for her helps all of us so much.

I believe this is close to the ending our pre-trip report!!! It will probably take forever, but I am going to do a trip report. So many wonderful things happened, some major pixie dust that I just have to share! I will post the link on this thread. Here is a little teaser of my Bridgie resting after meeting the princesses!!! Her Cinderella dress was made by teresajoy. She looked so beautiful that day!!! :thanks: again Teresajoy and thanks to all of you!

disney581.jpg

:grouphug: Hugs to all of you my friends!

:bday:party:party: Bridget :dance3::yay::woohoo::banana:

Bridget looks beautiful in her dresses :lovestruc
so happy she was able to enjoy the camp experience!
will keep her in our prayers that the MRI comes back with great news :goodvibes

will keep a lookout for your TR, can't wait to read all about your magical time!

You have a lovely little girl and family I certainly look up to you as i have a family of 5 little ones myself. I see that in the hard times from health to finances to even little things that they carry eachother through and make a untouchable wall of support for eachother , my husband and myself. Sometimes I look back to my life just 10 years ago when my husband and I both had a baby with special need on the way and I was only an 11th grader in highschool I am so glad we have made it this far and we are stronger because of it. Your family looks like the perfect testiment to love and for as Lucky as they are to have Bridgie as their sister she is just as lucky to have you and your great family :):lovestruc

I also promised a photo of this special gift for Catherine. Here is the photo of the Dopey bag made by hey jude and her daughter. Catherine just loves all things Dopey so this bag is very special! Even tonight as she headed off to dance, Dopey was loaded up and slung across her shoulder! Thank you both so much. :thanks:

Thanks for sharing the photo of Catherine with the Dopey bag and the update on its continuing use! Allyson was very pleased to hear that Catherine was enjoying it so much.

:grouphug: We will continue to pray for Bridgie and your entire family as you continue this journey with her health issues.

Judy

I will continue to pray for your family and have enjoyed following along. I am so glad that you had a wonderful wish trip and sounds like overall a fun filled summer!

Thanks for posting photos of Bridgie in the curious george dress! So glad she liked it!

Love the dopey bag!

Happy belated birthday Bridgie! So glad she got to have an amazing camp experience!

She looks great as Cinderella!

Stopping by to drool over those photos...they are gorgeous, as is your sweetie pie! Teresa's Cinderella dress is AMAZING!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Stopping by to drool over those photos...they are gorgeous, as is your sweetie pie! Teresa's Cinderella dress is AMAZING!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks so much! I actually enlarged one of the pictures in her dress to 8x10 for her daddy's office. It was such a great day and she is so beautiful:) I am still hoping to do a trip report for Bridget, but have not been able to start. At the end of our trip, Bridget started to have more neurological symptoms. We had an MRI a few weeks after our return which confirmed what we were suspecting, tumor progression. We are so glad we enjoyed our wish trip before she really was feeling poorly. Please keep our sweet girl in your prayers as we continue a more aggressive chemo regime and try to figure out treatment plans.

I promise I am going to do a trip report. I need to do one. It was such a joy filled time for all of us and we know how blessed it was. God is good.

Thanks so much! I actually enlarged one of the pictures in her dress to 8x10 for her daddy's office. It was such a great day and she is so beautiful:) I am still hoping to do a trip report for Bridget, but have not been able to start. At the end of our trip, Bridget started to have more neurological symptoms. We had an MRI a few weeks after our return which confirmed what we were suspecting, tumor progression. We are so glad we enjoyed our wish trip before she really was feeling poorly. Please keep our sweet girl in your prayers as we continue a more aggressive chemo regime and try to figure out treatment plans.

I promise I am going to do a trip report. I need to do one. It was such a joy filled time for all of us and we know how blessed it was. God is good.

I am so sorry to hear Bridget's tumor is progressing, will keep her in my prayers and thoughts :goodvibes and :hug:

no worries about your TR, Bridget is your priority, we will be here for you anytime :hug:

So sorry to hear Bridget is poorly again. Will keep her in my prayers and sending pixie dust that things improve for her.

:grouphug: She is in our prayers. :grouphug:

I am praying for you guys. :hug: Don't you worry about a Trip Report! You take care of yourselves right now. :hug:

It has been a jammed packed few weeks since Bridgie's wish. I promised some photos I was unable to post when I shared the Big Give. Better late than never….I am embarrassed this pre trip report has taken me so far into a post trip report. :blush: Please know how truly grateful we are for all the Gives and pixie dust.

One of the very first Gives received was a Curious George dress sent by Jen1023. Bridget tried on the dress and it fit perfectly, but somehow I lost the picture I took. I promised to get a photo of it. So as promised, here is Bridget in all her cuteness! I just love this adorable dress. Thank you so much. I know Bridgie will get more wear out of this at home too. It is so cute. Nora has her eyes on it as a hand me down as she has mentioned more than once “it will fit me soon, won’t it mom? ;)” Thank you so much for making our trip so special and for following along on our journey. :thanks: Jenb1023

haircutandCampQuality019.jpg

haircutandCampQuality018-1.jpg

haircutandCampQuality020.jpg

We loved all the Mickey Mail boxes and the beautiful packages. This one from Ballet mom was one of our favorites!!! So cute!

disneyandother289.jpg

The kids had so much fun making their trays that were in this beautiful box. Here they are just having a blast. This was the day before we left…total chaos! It was a much needed fun break for all of them.

disneyandother296.jpg

Bridgie has had quite a month with the wish trip and lot of other activities. She returned last week from a 6 days at Camp Quality. CQ is a national camp program for kids with cancer. Each of the campers has a companion assigned to them for the entire week. They go everywhere with them and really enable kids like Bridget to be able to have a great camp experience. She loved every minute. Because she had a companion, if she needed to rest or something, she didn’t hold the rest of the camp back. Plus, I was comfortable sending her as someone would be keeping an eye out for her quiet seizures. I was so proud of Bridget. She did absolutely amazing…wasn’t homesick a bit. She even got up and told jokes at the talent show. I am just so grateful she had this fun opportunity. :banana: They were very flexible with us checking in too which was great. I even drove up one day because she was really fatigued and I wanted to make sure she wasn’t having quiet seizures. She was just tired I think, but she came bounding up to me so excited about camp. What a great summer she has had already with her wish trip and now camp!

I have had a lot of time this week to really reflect on the gift Bridget is to our lives. We celebrated her 11th birthday on Monday. It is a birthday I was not sure we would see, so it was all the more sweet. We went to Chuck E Cheese, swimming , dinner and a movie with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a great day. party: :bday:

I invite our Big Give friends, wishtrippers and those of you who have joined us on this ptr to visit Bridget's carepages.com site. Her page is prayforbridgieboo. I am not always good about keeping it up, but I do post major things. Still have to update the details of our wish trip!

I ask for your prayers for our little girl. We remain committed to taking every day with joy, but some days are just more difficult than others. Bridgie had a seizure today. They are always scary and just leads us to wonder whether there is tumor progression. She will probably have an MRI next week and an EEG. We have confidence that God has a plan for her and knowing others are praying for her helps all of us so much.

I believe this is close to the ending our pre-trip report!!! It will probably take forever, but I am going to do a trip report. So many wonderful things happened, some major pixie dust that I just have to share! I will post the link on this thread. Here is a little teaser of my Bridgie resting after meeting the princesses!!! Her Cinderella dress was made by teresajoy. She looked so beautiful that day!!! :thanks: again Teresajoy and thanks to all of you!

disney581.jpg

:grouphug: Hugs to all of you my friends!

Love all the pics and the big gives! And, so happy to see that everyone had a wonderful trip, full of amazing memories. That last photo of Bridget is simply gorgeous! The dress is beautiful, but the stunning little girl in the photo steals the show! ;)

I'm sorry to hear that signs point to tumour progression. We're thinking of you, your brave daugther and your family. I'm wearing my gold ribbon pin today--started a gold pin campaign at the office in time for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month--and am praying over it now to give Bridget the strength she needs to keep smiling that beautiful smile of hers!

I'm so saddened to hear that Bridgie's tumor is progressing. I will continue to keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers. You certainly have a beautiful family!!!!

So sorry to hear Bridgie has been feeling poorly and that the tumor is progressing. You all are in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

Sorry to hear the news about Bridget. You are all in my prayers tonight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter