The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's wht I did. I was on the Kathie lee & hoda ambush makeover a few weeks ago.
Looked great that day, but they didn't show you how or what products to use for make up or hair.
I went to Ulta and the salesgirl was very helpful. I told her I didn't want to spend a fortune so she picked a L'Oreal true match and Physician's Formula bronzer. Still don't wear for the eyes and lips.

Wow you were on ambush make over! I bet it was fun. Too bad they do not give you lessons and products to use when you leave.

My son's GF works at Ulta and while they are nice, they are not make up artists and really get very little training. If you ever want to go for eyes and lips go to Sephora.

Is there a makeup out there that will stay ALL DAY??? I'm not sweating or anything - indoors.

I've been wearing Benefit Hello Flawless for a while now. I've used the powder & the foundation (not @ same time). Neither one stays on all day. After about 4 hrs it looks like I never bothered to put on anything.

I don't want to reapply my makeup (like ever would be good :lmao:)

oh & while we are at it....your mascara& eyeliner rec would be great. I've been using cheap CG( I think) mascara but my eyeliner is Urban Decay waterproof which still manages to smear!

Is there a makeup out there that will stay ALL DAY??? I'm not sweating or anything - indoors.

I've been wearing Benefit Hello Flawless for a while now. I've used the powder & the foundation (not @ same time). Neither one stays on all day. After about 4 hrs it looks like I never bothered to put on anything.

I don't want to reapply my makeup (like ever would be good :lmao:)

oh & while we are at it....your mascara& eyeliner rec would be great. I've been using cheap CG( I think) mascara but my eyeliner is Urban Decay waterproof which still manages to smear!

I use LORAC eyeliner and it does not smear I also use Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara and the pre treatment primer and it works great. AS to foundation, did you use a primer? Check out the first page of this thread..Monostat makes a great primer.

While I know we all pretty much hate ULTA this week begins their month of beauty. They have some really great deals and I think you can use the 3.50 coupon on the circular. Tarte mascara which I live is half price and if you get one and then take 3.50 off it comes to 6.50!

I have never posted in this thread before, but just wanted to pop in to complain about the Bare Minerals Ready Foundation.

I've been a devout bare minerals user for over 12 years now, and was very excited to see that they came out with this pressed mineral foundation. I debated a long time before buying it because well, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but I broke down about 3 weeks ago and bought it.

I am soooooo disappointed.

Unless you use a really densely-packed brush, it goes on extremely uneven. I had the 'best' (if you want to call it that) luck with a kabuki brush. After only a couple hours, it settled in my pores and looked so bizarre. From far away I looked reasonable, but up close - :scared:

I tried changing up my make-up routine to maybe help the makeup 'work' better, but nothing has worked. I've had it for almost a month now...and I'm left $30 poorer and disappointed. :worried:[/QUOTE

Thanks for the review, I have been tempted to buy it myself. I will stick with the powder BM.

Ulta just opened near me and all their brand cosmetics were $4, anything priced under $12 rang up $4. I bought a couple of eye shadows, but they don't seem to last long even with primer. I would love the naked Palette but at $50, I just can't do it.

While I know we all pretty much hate ULTA this week begins their month of beauty. They have some really great deals and I think you can use the 3.50 coupon on the circular. Tarte mascara which I live is half price and if you get one and then take 3.50 off it comes to 6.50!

Which Tarte mascara do you use? I need something new :goodvibes

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Sephora about a VIB makeup bag offer? Spend $25 or more, and get a free makeup bag! (VIBs only) It has the Sephora + Pantone Universe logo. Bag is pretty cute with emerald, and mint green stripes, plus a stripe of white at the bottom.

I just placed my order.....have a feeling these might go quickly! :thumbsup2

Plus I did a little splurge on Bobbi Brown makeup, ordered from Bobbi Brown's website. They had an offer for a free weekend lip palette when you spend $100 or more. Worked out for me, because Sephora was out of stock on BB makeup I wanted anyway.

A day of makeup splurging! Is there anything better? :cloud9:

finally broke down and bought expensive foundation! after trying a few color samples settled on makeupforever hd color 125 with the finishing powder. i love it so far. also bought a new lipcolor/lipgloss combo in sephora brand. i have always loved sephora cream lipsticks, but with the sephora lipgloss it bleeds outside my lips even with my lipliner, think i might keep lipstick and find a matching mac lipgloss which is my usual brand and i have never had that problem with mac. also tried the elf $1 liquid eyeliner from target, i love the brush and the dark black color, not waterproof, but for the top of the lid it is definately worth the $1 compared to 8-10 for other brands. i also purchased a sensationail starter kit (with led light) a few months back and have bought lots of gelish polishes. i am loving how much fun it is to do gel nails at home. i can even do a french manicure and then use regular nail polish on top and the nails never break or chip adn then remove with non acetone polish remover and the gel nails underneath are still perfect. any other gelish fans out there? i thought it would save so much money over the salon but oops ive spent hundreds on new colors already ow well, the best deals are to buy on amazon for 10-13 a bottle. thats my update on new products for the last few months....:)

I think its time for new undereye concealor! For the past month my husband keeps telling me how tired I look! LOL I am using the Garnier roller ball and also a Neutrogena one. I guess I need a better one! I have a sample of Erase Paste from Sephora and that seems to be better than what I am using but I was wondering has anyone tried that new Clinque one? I usually don't like Clinque but I heard good things about it. Any others that work well?

Thought I could come here. You guys are all beauty gurus. I bought facial wax, and waxed my face about 3 weeks ago? Now, 3 weeks later, I have a horrible breakout on my jaw and chin.

I'm thinking it can't be the wax? I have recently stopped birth control pills, and have noticed more pimples, as well as other hormonal crazies.

How long should it take for this to clear up? Should I avoid wearing makeup? I usually use Monistat as a primer, and then bare minerals.

Do you guys recommend any cheap cheap drugstore foundations for ok coverage? I want to try something liquid.

Thought I could come here. You guys are all beauty gurus. I bought facial wax, and waxed my face about 3 weeks ago? Now, 3 weeks later, I have a horrible breakout on my jaw and chin.

I'm thinking it can't be the wax? I have recently stopped birth control pills, and have noticed more pimples, as well as other hormonal crazies.

How long should it take for this to clear up? Should I avoid wearing makeup? I usually use Monistat as a primer, and then bare minerals.

Do you guys recommend any cheap cheap drugstore foundations for ok coverage? I want to try something liquid.

It might be that you are getting your growth back...some ingrowns? Are they painful?

I would recommend that you exfoliate well. If you have a clarisonic, use it twice a day.

I'll let the makeup gurus answer the foundation questions.

It might be that you are getting your growth back...some ingrowns? Are they painful?

I would recommend that you exfoliate well. If you have a clarisonic, use it twice a day.

I'll let the makeup gurus answer the foundation questions.
Hmm could be that, but they are bumps with a few I can possibly pop. Not sure if that is ingrowns? If so, how do you prevent those?

Hmm could be that, but they are bumps with a few I can possibly pop. Not sure if that is ingrowns? If so, how do you prevent those?

I'm sure people here know more than I do, but exfoliation is key for me. Even for leg waxing or the like, I use an exfoliating bar of soap.

Where can you buy monostat? I have checked my supermarket drug section and can not find it.

Walmart sells it in the personal care section.

That's wht I did. I was on the Kathie lee & hoda ambush makeover a few weeks ago.
Looked great that day, but they didn't show you how or what products to use for make up or hair.
I went to Ulta and the salesgirl was very helpful. I told her I didn't want to spend a fortune so she picked a L'Oreal true match and Physician's Formula bronzer. Still don't wear for the eyes and lips.

Are you going to keep the new look? You could run some Paul Mitchell skinny serum through your hair before drying it. I don't think it really would need much other product. An amazing look! :)

I'm sure people here know more than I do, but exfoliation is key for me. Even for leg waxing or the like, I use an exfoliating bar of soap.

I'll have to invest! The biggest pimple is almost all the way down my neck, where I know didn't wax. So painful. I did have a small breakout in that area before I waxed, so thats why I thought it might be that.

Its so tough trying to be decent looking these days. Waxing, exfoliating, washing, moisturize, primer, makeup, etc etc. :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter