The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CathrynRose.... she is very very very pretty. I like.

So I bought a Clarisonic yesterday at Sephoria. I was told I can use it and if I don't like it, I can return it, so I don't mind spending the money to try it. (actually, I didn't know you can return everything there - I'm very happy about that. makes me more willing to try new things).

Has anyone tried it yet? I've read very differing opinions on it (from great to horrible). I don't know how often I should try it at first. I bought the 'delicate' brush for myself, and the acne brush for my dd13. I thought every other day, but the salesgirl said once a week.

opinions??

I've had mine for over 5 years, my husband has his own. I use mine every morning, he uses his almost every morning, and always before he shaves. I switch up the brush heads depending on the time of year and what my skin is doing.

Depending on who you talk to, and what article you read, and which doctor did which bit of research.... you'll hear different answers on exfoliation frequency. Do what works for you--it's gentle. I like mine in the morning because my makeup goes on smoother afterwards. Some like to remove makeup with it, etc etc etc. Personally--I don't ever want to live without mine.

yup thats the right olay moisturizer! $20 for 1 is a good price. I usually buy it from cvs when they have extra buck deals, or from costco in the 2 pack. i have been really happy with this for a few years. There is a rebate right now on olay.com $15 rebate on $50 of p&g products you could combine and use as well.

Awesome, I'm going to try it!

So I bought a Clarisonic yesterday at Sephoria. I was told I can use it and if I don't like it, I can return it, so I don't mind spending the money to try it. (actually, I didn't know you can return everything there - I'm very happy about that. makes me more willing to try new things).

Has anyone tried it yet? I've read very differing opinions on it (from great to horrible). I don't know how often I should try it at first. I bought the 'delicate' brush for myself, and the acne brush for my dd13. I thought every other day, but the salesgirl said once a week.

opinions??

I see a dermatologist for adult acne. She recommends Clarisonic. She told me to use the acne brush and that is what she recommends to everyone, even those without acne. I use mine every night. She did not recommend using it more than once a day, even though the information that comes with the brush says you can use it twice a day. If my Clarisonic broke, I'd have to go out that day and buy another one. I love it!

opinions??

I have oily skin and large pores, I use my clarisonic 2x a day and I love it!!

I see a dermatologist for adult acne. She recommends Clarisonic. She told me to use the acne brush and that is what she recommends to everyone, even those without acne. I use mine every night. She did not recommend using it more than once a day, even though the information that comes with the brush says you can use it twice a day. If my Clarisonic broke, I'd have to go out that day and buy another one. I love it!

so glad you posted this! I may try my dd's acne brush to compare to my 'delicate' brush.

Did she recommend a particular cleanser for using it?

I have oily skin and large pores, I use my clarisonic 2x a day and I love it!!

glad to hear that! I'm the same w/ oily skin and large pores.

I was cracking up last night trying it for the first time. Did the forehead first, totally fine. Then went to my nose, and it 'tickled' so much, I couldn't really stand it. I forced myself to endure it, but I was sneezing and my eyes were tearing, my dd13 was laughing at me. It was very funny!

Check out Sephora's Facebook page. Click on 'FanFridays'. It shows us a preview of ($10) products that will be available on Black Friday, Nov. 23rd!

diznee25

i have a proactiv brush vs the clarisonic. MUCH cheaper! great job but always use it everyday & clean it off w/soap & h20. have a great weekend makeup friends!

If my Clarisonic broke, I'd have to go out that day and buy another one. I love it!

I feel the same way. I absolutely love it.

I actually go back and forth between the deep pore, and the regular brush heads, and I use it once a day, usually. Sometimes twice a day, if I am feeling dull.

Is anyone planning on purchasing any of the holiday or ltd. edition sets? I made my very first MAC purchase of the guilty pleasures gloss set in the plum/violet. I haven't tried them yet, but I will give them a whirl later today. A couple things on my list this year: Tarte finishing powder
MUFE diamond powder, Sephora fave super stars essentials, and Belle d' Opium fragrance (hopefully in a gift set).

As far as beauty subscriptions, I do the NB quarterly test tube, Birchbox (which I will cancel very soon), Glossybox, SampleSociety, and Ipsy. Ipsy is my favorite out of the bunch- $10 monthly, and you get lots of actual makeup items.

I was just reading another forum board, and someone posted about getting their Sephora VIB Gift Card!

Hi !! I just received the card in the mail 20 dollars off, 50 dollar minimum purchase. From November 29 to December 10. :)

If this post is valid, then it's the same deal as last year! Can't wait to get mine! :santa: :banana:

diznee25

I was just reading another forum board, and someone posted about getting their Sephora VIB Gift Card!

If this post is valid, then it's the same deal as last year! Can't wait to get mine! :santa: :banana:

diznee25

I got mine today! :thumbsup2 Since it's a GC I wonder if I can combine it with my VIB 10% off.

I got mine today! :thumbsup2 Since it's a GC I wonder if I can combine it with my VIB 10% off.

Good to hear! I came this close to shopping at Ulta for Cyber Monday....I had almost given up on that VIB gift card. Glad I held off! ::yes::

I don't know if the VIB 10% can be combined with the gift card, but it's worth a shot to try. :thumbsup2

diznee25

Is anyone planning on purchasing any of the holiday or ltd. edition sets? I made my very first MAC purchase of the guilty pleasures gloss set in the plum/violet. I haven't tried them yet, but I will give them a whirl later today. A couple things on my list this year: Tarte finishing powder
MUFE diamond powder, Sephora fave super stars essentials, and Belle d' Opium fragrance (hopefully in a gift set).

As far as beauty subscriptions, I do the NB quarterly test tube, Birchbox (which I will cancel very soon), Glossybox, SampleSociety, and Ipsy. Ipsy is my favorite out of the bunch- $10 monthly, and you get lots of actual makeup items.

Yes! I just bought the Sephora by OPI Tinsel Town Eight Piece Set. And I got the Juicy Couture Travel Spray Pen Set, although I don't think this one is a limited edition. Those are the main items...I won't bore anyone with the rest of my order....just skin care stuff! ;)

Just used my $20 VIB Gift Card, plus a regular gift card of $15 that I had been saving! So I saved $35 off my Christmas order! I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could combine the two cards. Yea! :santa:

Did anyone else spend their VIB Gift Card yet?

diznee25

Yes! I just bought the Sephora by OPI Tinsel Town Eight Piece Set. And I got the Juicy Couture Travel Spray Pen Set, although I don't think this one is a limited edition. Those are the main items...I won't bore anyone with the rest of my order....just skin care stuff! ;)

Just used my $20 VIB Gift Card, plus a regular gift card of $15 that I had been saving! So I saved $35 off my Christmas order! I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could combine the two cards. Yea! :santa:

Did anyone else spend their VIB Gift Card yet?

diznee25

I am still a VIB and for some reason I haven't received my $20 gift card this year. I wonder whats up with that?

I am still a VIB and for some reason I haven't received my $20 gift card this year. I wonder whats up with that?

Yea I was in the same boat. Just got mine thru the regular mail this morning. So glad my mailman comes early!

Sephora said they will be sending out e-mails today and tomorrow with the offer. So keep an eye out. They mentioned to call customer service by Dec. 1st if you still haven't received your Gift Card.

The gift card is valid Nov. 29th, (today), through Dec. 10th. VIBs get one extra shopping day thru Dec. 11th.

Personally I feel this is the one VIB offer that is the most disorganized. In years past, I've read that some members didn't get their cards until 3 weeks after the expiration date, d'oh! And Sephora wouldn't honor them. :headache:

diznee25

Hi, guys!! I've lurked reading your posts, but haven't jumped in because: until recently I was a Mary Kay consultant. Yes you read correctly. So for 4 years I have been using their products exclusively.....So. I need some assistance. I need recommendations for good skin care that won't break the bank. If it tends torward the more natural direction, that is fine. I am 45 have combination skin and am worried about signs of aging. I looked at the origins website, and am intrigued by "checks and balances". Looking forward to learning about what's new out there!! I love makeup and skin care and can't wait to go to Sephora!!!!!:cool1:

I only got a $15 off $50 VIB gift card :( I wonder how they determine who got $15 or $20 off? :confused3

BIs (Beauty Insider) get $15, and VIBs (Very Important Beauty Insider) get $20.

Everyone starts out as a BI. In order to qualify for VIB status, you need to spend $350 or more in a calendar year.

If you feel or know that you are a VIB, then call Sephora customer service. They have made some mistakes of giving $15 to some VIBs. But they are willing to correct the mistake, which is good!

diznee25

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter