The main thread moves pretty fast...

Pjimmeyer

1000th Happy Haunt
So I wanted to post this here.

Just a word of explanation guys. It looks like based on some private messages as well as facebook entries that I really am indeed not welcome here anymore.

I saw very inappropriate and non disboard type stuff posted at the end of the last thread. I posted about it and then there were more links to other inappropriate pictures a couple of pages later. That's when I sent a note to a moderator. It wasn't something that belonged on the board and I wanted it cleaned up and from what I saw it was being ignored. I asked to have the pictures cleaned up and did not ask them to ban anyone. I don't even remember who was posting what.

I am now a "troll" and "an outsider who will never be a disdad" as it has been so eloquently stated to me. I have always tried to treat everyone I have posted to with respect and kindness and tried to be helpful whenever possible on disboards.

I am very sorry that I am not welcome here anymore and wish each and every single one of you the greatest success in life and beyond. May God bless you and keep you and your families. We leave for Disneyland tomorrow but my heart is broken that you all think of me the way you do. Again, I am sorry.

Jim Meyer
Tucson AZ

I am not a Dad yet, so I have no idea what might have happened, but I saw this thread from wdwinfo's main site and I had to respond.

I have to say that it's a shame that a few bad apple's can ruin things for others.

We live in the area, feel free to PM me if you want another couple to say hi to, we will definitely be in the park this Saturday, as DW has to go to a concert for school and they will be having Candlelight Processional that day.

Hey guys...not sure of all that transpired...but would like to put this in defense of Pjimmeyer...he just reported what he felt was inappropriate...he personally did not ban anyone...the "banning" is all on the DIS not this individual. Granted he should have contacted the poster(s) first...but he didn't...I don't feel people should crucify him because he felt something was inappropriate...looking at some of the pics still up there...I'm not too sure I would disagree with him...

At least they are not something I would say...come here son/daughter/wife ...look what dad just posted.

Hey guys...not sure of all that transpired...but would like to put this in defense of Pjimmeyer...he just reported what he felt was inappropriate...he personally did not ban anyone...the "banning" is all on the DIS not this individual. Granted he should have contacted the poster(s) first...but he didn't...I don't feel people should crucify him because he felt something was inappropriate...looking at some of the pics still up there...I'm not too sure I would disagree with him...

At least they are not something I would say...come here son/daughter/wife ...look what dad just posted.

Well after reading around...seems that this is similar to the stuff in Kathy's Appropriate material message....and Aaron's response in the main thread.

Copying this over from my response to this post in the fast-moving main thread:

Jim,
I hope you enjoy your Disneyland trip, and I hope that you are not chased away from this place. I'd like to try to place some of the anger that you're seeing in context, and hopefully this can all blow over and we can move on like adults.

I think there was a lot of frustration with the way the whole post reporting/banning situation went down. We have been proud of the fact that we've been quite good at taking care of situations like this "in house," and in addition to my own personal embarassment at the poor judgment I exercised when posting, I think the group took it a bit personally that we weren't given a chance to fix the issue ourselves first. You say that you "wanted it cleaned up and that it was begin ignored." That's not really a fair characterization.

You first posted an objection late a night. I don't know if you looked back after you posted that objection, but I immediately posted a string of perfectly clean, non-objectionable images. My goal was to push the objectionable images back from the "end" of the thread in the short run. I was exhausted and falling asleep, but wanted to do something before heading to bed. When I came back in the morning, I went to see what needed to be deleted, but didn't get the opportunity, because I'd been banned. According to the information in my PMs when my access was restored, complaints didn't register until after 1:30 a.m. in my time zone. The initial posts weren't made until well after 11 p.m. my time. So the idea that your statement that your concerns "were being ignored" is frankly unfair. You weren't being ignored. I was just asleep.

I think that we all learned something from this incident. We got far too comfortable in our little corner of the boards here, forgetting that we are still guests in someone else's home here, and subject to their rules. I don't think we'll forget that again. Again, I think most of the posts that you saw were from people who were angry that we weren't given a reasonable opportunity to fix the issues ourselves, before moderators were brought in to the mix. Heck, the first PM that I got about the situation were the violation notices from the mod. A head's up that the situation was not resolved by a change in the posting pattern would have gotten a reasonable response from me, but no effort was made to contact me in that manner.

Bottom line - the situation is in the past, it's over, and we should ALL be moving forward now. Jim, I hope that we can all bury the hatchet over this incident and leave it behind us.

We got far too comfortable in our little corner of the boards here, forgetting that we are still guests in someone else's home here, and subject to their rules. I don't think we'll forget that again. Again, I think most of the posts that you saw were from people who were angry that we weren't given a reasonable opportunity to fix the issues ourselves, before moderators were brought in to the mix.

Bottom line - the situation is in the past, it's over, and we should ALL be moving forward now. Jim, I hope that we can all bury the hatchet over this incident and leave it behind us.

I agree. As I just said on FB, it is far easier to circle the wagons than to admit mistakes, and certainly, my reactions to the incident were colored by my strong feelings and friendships for those involved. That said, I will be glad to move on.

Took the higher road than I would of. Geuss your right we all have learned something. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jim,

FWIW, I hope you won't totally disappear from the DDC. Not being fully knowledgeable of the PMs or other things that might have been posted or sent on this board or outside of this board means that I cannot speak for whoever sent them or posted them. I can only hope that they are not recent and were merely initial reactions to the incident. I believe that the majority of guys here do not feel that way, and those who did, have rethought their position in light of all that's happened.

whatever you decide, I wish you all the best!

James

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter