The Main Street walls are beginning to come down (gradually)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I was in the park for the first time in a few weeks today. Here are a few pics of Main Street (and a few others) as the walls gradually come down. The last time I was there, all of Main Street (hubs excepted) was walled. Certainly the segment below was blocked.

IMG_4683.JPG

First in the park. This is what it looks like when no one's there yet.
IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

I've never seen one of the TSI/Pirates' Lair skiffs this far down the ROA.
IMG_4690.JPG

The current state of the Splash Mountain refurb.
IMG_4692.JPG

The most ambitious cart I've ever seen at DL. These folks mean business!
IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4697.JPG

Generally, it was a good day in the park. It started to rain at around 9:30 and continued for nearly 90 minutes. At the rope drop, I was on the right side of the hub, as per usual. We were all annoyed that the folks on the left side had a healthy 20-second head start on us. As a result, we were something like 20th in line for Peter Pan.

A few other notes about the park today:

• The camera on Buzz wasn’t working. Consequently, no one could claim credit for any of their scores today.

• The projection of Davy Jones wasn’t working at all. As a result, the portion of the cave where he’s featured was largely dark.

Last edited:
That portion of the wall cane down Thursday night I believe as Friday we walked by and thought hmmmm this wasn’t like this yesterday was it? We didn’t mind the walls at all, not with the hub and town square open.

What’s up with that cart? Is it inside the park like a stroller?

Thanks for the update. I’ll be there in a week!

I'm a little surprised they allow that cart in the parks. I think people are expecting wheelchairs, scooters, and strollers, but that looks huge. Seems like it could be a danger in crowds.

That was my thoughts too - I was surprised they allowed the cart into the parks.

Great photos as usual WonkaKid - thanks for sharing!

Haha. I’m
At the hotel now, Staybridge and I saw that stroller a few times. Perfect day. Very light rain/mist to keep people away. My family of 5 that includes a 2 year old did a lot. Thanks to MP and Ridwr Switch. All the heavy hitter at both parks. Most of them twice. Some even 3 times. Tomorrow we’re gonna concentrate on the smaller rides. Especially early in the AM.

I am surprised at that cart as well - unique as it might be the park is already crowded enough and having that thing ram you into the back of your legs would not be fun.

I also saw a bunch of stroller wagons which were huge and I thought way over what should be allowed into the park as far as space is concerned.

I'm a little surprised they allow that cart in the parks. I think people are expecting wheelchairs, scooters, and strollers, but that looks huge. Seems like it could be a danger in crowds.
I'm surprised too. I thought they had size limits on "strollers". I can't even imagine trying how hard that would be to deal with in crowds.

I am surprised at that cart as well - unique as it might be the park is already crowded enough and having that thing ram you into the back of your legs would not be fun.

I also saw a bunch of stroller wagons which were huge and I thought way over what should be allowed into the park as far as space is concerned.
I noticed all of the folding stroller wagons for the first time this past December. All of a sudden they were everywhere. And they have a pretty large footprint. Surprising in a park that has issues with crowds and small walkways.

Were they actually pushing that thing into a shop? :scared1:

For the Tom Sawyer raft, there is another dock further down the river. It’s mainly used by facilities or people bringing supplies onto that side of the island. I had to go out there once for work in an early morning (pre park open), so it was weird to be going down the river in darkness!

The stroller wagons are called Keenz.

And they are becoming trendy in toddler mom land. I know this because I’m in toddler mom land. Especially popular in some of the Disney with kids groups I’m in because it gets around the no wagon rule because it’s technically a stroller.

I think it’s a bit crazy and self centered to take something that big into Disney unless it’s something you need due to a disability.

We had our double stroller with us last trip and I was so aware of it and marking sure not to be in peoples way and took everything out of it and folded it up during the parade. I just picture that Keene Waco right against the curb for little Sally and Johnny to watch the parade in- taking up the length of what could be 5 people sitting. Okay I sound bitter now lol.

I saw one of those Keenz by a table at a quick service eating area. I told my husband look, there's a Pack and Play crib/playpen on wheels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter