• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Magic, The Memories, The Mouse and................Mum!!!

Minnie Sue Oz

DIS Veteran
Hey howdy hey everyone!!!

I figured it was time to get the ball rolling with the pre trip, eventually to be the full on, no holds barred trip report!:cool1:

To my loyal followers.....................welcome back:flower3:

And if new to the world of the wonderful and wacky ( and sometimes wordy!!! ) reports...................a very big and warm welcome to you :wave2:

Ok, on with the show!

On September the 3rd at approximately 1.40pm, three ( yes 3!!! ) very very excited people will be boarding a Virgin Australia plane in Sydney bound for LAX!

This is a very special trip as DD...........my 16 year old Lion King, Tower of Terror, Pirates of the Caribbean and all things Disney obsessed daughterprincess:, and I will be having a very special lady comimg along.

Just a few short months ago DD and I were extremely fortunate enough to be able to plan another trip back to Disneyland..................our happiest place on earth. It came as a complete and utter suprise as we had only been at Disneyland for Halloween just last October!!!::yes::
DD has a part time job now and has been saving very hard and that combined with a very lucrative sale on ebay, came the idea we could potentially get back to Disneyland THIS year! AND we may even be able to splurge just a little bit and spend some time at the Disneyland hotel which has a been a dream for a long time now.
We looked at flight prices, dates etc and decided on September. We looked at the prices for the Disneyland Hotel and after a tip from a friend on some special rates, we worked out we could spend 14 nights in total and 7 of those at the DLH. It was all set, we were ready to go..........................until................................

One lazy Sunday afternnon, DD came up to me and said she had been thinking..... ( now if you are familiar with teenagers, this very statement can send shudders down one's spine!!! ). I asked her what she had been "thinking" about!?

"Well, instead of spending the extra money on staying at the DLH, do you think Grandma would like to come with us and we could use the DLH money for her flight"

I was speechless....................what a wonderful, thoughtful idea...............I love this kid to pieces:lovestruc

We made the call..........................

DD - "Hi Grandma. Just wondering if you were busy at all in September?"
Grandma -"Well, nothing I can think of, why?"
DD -"Oh, well, we just thought you might like to go somewhere"
Grandma -"Oh, ok. Where? Are we going to see a show or something?"
DD - "Well, kind of!!!!"
Grandma -"Ok, well, that sounds nice"
DD - "Just, one more thing though Grandma...................you will need your passport"
Grandma - "My passport, why would I need my passport?"
DD - "Because............................we are taking you to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There were tears..................so many happy, wonderful tears:goodvibes:love:

Yes, folks there will indeed be three of us this trip. DD, me and my Mum!!!! She will actually be 70 years young in October and this is her present from us! She has been overseas before, but never to the USA.

I can't tell you how excited we all are! It will be the thrill of a lifetime for me to show her "my" park............................she will finally get to experience the joy I have been going on and on about for all these years!!!

So, we are all set and ready to go. Everything is booked and now we just have to wait for the magical day to arrive when we board the plane and are off to the most wonderful place on the planet.pixiedust:

I asked Mum if there was anything she would like to do and she commented she would like to see Calrk Gables star in Hollywood and she would also like to see the Hollywood sign. Other than that, she keeps telling me it is mine and DD's trip and she is just so happy to come along for the ride!!!!

So, we will be venturing into LA for the day and we will also be going to Universal Studios and will be having dinner at Medieval Times. Other than that ( and if you have ever read any of my previous reports you will already know! ) we will be spending as much time in the parks as humanly possible.::yes:: And of course we will be visiting our 2 favourite shopping haunts - Westfield MainPlace in Santa Ana and South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.:thumbsup2

I have ADR's set for the Carnation Cafe, Blue Bayou, Big Thunder Ranch BBQ ( our favourite! ) and will be doing all the character meals except for Ariel's ( that may change!!! ).
Plus, we shall be taking Mum to the Rainforest Cafe, Bubba Gumps and The Cheesecake Factory!

I will also be dragging myself out of bed early next week to book the Fantasmic! package and we will be doing 2 tours.

A pretty full on trip as per our norm!

So, strap yourselves in for the ride..........................I promise it will be a fun one!

And thanks for reading!!!

:flower3::goodvibes

I am so subbing in. Way excited.popcorn::

You will love the Disneyland Hotel. We have stayed there for our last two trips. My mum and dad have traveled with us and I knew how much they would have loved the experience.

Oh wait, thats now the airfare, sharing it with three generations is awesome. It is so lovely when our kids surprise us with such selfless acts

Let the countdown begin.

This is going to be one wonderful trip!!!

Can't wait o follow along for the ride. :cool1::cool1:

Andona

:wave2: Hi, I'm here for the ride! :moped:

How lovely that you are taking your mum, we were lucky enough to share our last trip to DL with my parents and we all had a wonderful time. :goodvibes

Love your intro!

I can't wait to see what you all get up to!!

I'm here! Sounds fantatstic. Also we may pop in on Sept 13 for the friday the 13th special they are having.

I'm in!! So sweet that your daughter values her grandmother over staying at a nicer hotel -- good girl. :thumbsup2 Your mother is going to love Southern California!

I am squeezing in a one-day DLR visit in September with my mum (who lives locally and has an AP).

Looking forward to reading more about your plans and lots and lots of photos afterward!

PHXscuba

Hey there

I'm back in again - love your reports.

This one sounds wonderful with your Mum joining along - she will love it I'm sure. How lovely Your DD is to want to have Grandma along - Grandma must be a cool lady :)

here!:goodvibes

what a great story so far! So, if not a few days at the DLH, which hotel are you staying at?

Grandma is going to have a ball!!! Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you get there!!!:cool1:

I am sure you are going to create many wonderful memories together!

:woohoo:

Hi Minnie Sue, you must be in the middle of pre-trip organization ... don't you leave soon? Hope all is well and look forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back. :goodvibes

Your daughter is obviously a beautiful young lady with a very giving heart! Please let her know I admire her greatly for that .. People who put others needs in front of their own personal wants and needs are rare and even small things like this make the world a better place I believe :) your mum is going to have an amazing trip as are you ... I've been to Disneyland twice now with my third trip coming up in Nov... And every time I am there I dream of the day I can bring my mum... Perhaps I should take a leaf out of your daughters book and see how I can save to pay for her to go next time we do... I am getting to take my sister to Walt Disney world in Nov, her first Disney and really overall theme park experience so I'm so excited about that :) but I am mainly making her pay for herself :p :)

I am so subbing in. Way excited.popcorn::

You will love the Disneyland Hotel. We have stayed there for our last two trips. My mum and dad have traveled with us and I knew how much they would have loved the experience.

Oh wait, thats now the airfare, sharing it with three generations is awesome. It is so lovely when our kids surprise us with such selfless acts

Let the countdown begin.

Glad you are excited:thumbsup2 I do feel very blessed to have such a wonderful daughter:love:

This is going to be one wonderful trip!!!

Can't wait o follow along for the ride. :cool1::cool1:

Andona

Welcome aboard! Its going to be a fun ride that's for sure!

:wave2: Hi, I'm here for the ride! :moped:

How lovely that you are taking your mum, we were lucky enough to share our last trip to DL with my parents and we all had a wonderful time. :goodvibes

Welcome back! Glad you have joined in! Not long to go now 'til the fun starts! I am happy to hear you had a great time with your parents. I am sure my Mum is going to have a ball:)

Reading along too. What a wonderful, busy and exiting trip you have planned :)

Welcome and yep, busy is how we do it!

Love your intro!

I can't wait to see what you all get up to!!

Glad you liked the intto:thumbsup2 I am sure we will have loads of stories to tell!

Best DD ever.... you are going to have an amazing trip. :wizard:

Yep, she is a good girl. We are so looking forward to going and making lots of memories:goodvibes

I'm here! Sounds fantatstic. Also we may pop in on Sept 13 for the friday the 13th special they are having.

Welcome back! We will be doing the park from start to finish on the 13th. We are so looking forward to it! We might see you, that would be great!:thumbsup2

I'm in!! So sweet that your daughter values her grandmother over staying at a nicer hotel -- good girl. :thumbsup2 Your mother is going to love Southern California!

I am squeezing in a one-day DLR visit in September with my mum (who lives locally and has an AP).

Looking forward to reading more about your plans and lots and lots of photos afterward!

PHXscuba

Hello there and glad you are along for the ride! we are so very much looking forward to this trip and you know me.............loads and loads of photo's!!!

Hey there

I'm back in again - love your reports.

This one sounds wonderful with your Mum joining along - she will love it I'm sure. How lovely Your DD is to want to have Grandma along - Grandma must be a cool lady :)

Welcome back and I am glad you are here::yes:: And yep, Grandma is a cool one that's for sure!

Following along. :goodvibes

Welcome!

I'm here!

Great to see you!

Can't wait to hear more!

Journey starts soon!:thumbsup2 thanks for coming along for the ride!

here!:goodvibes

what a great story so far! So, if not a few days at the DLH, which hotel are you staying at?

No Disneyland Hotel this year but I am sure I will get there one day! we are staying at the Red Lion Inn. Oh, and welcome aboard!

Grandma is going to have a ball!!! Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you get there!!!:cool1:

I am sure you are going to create many wonderful memories together!

:woohoo:

Helllooooo!!!! Just can't wait...............:thumbsup2:cool1:

Hi Minnie Sue, you must be in the middle of pre-trip organization ... don't you leave soon? Hope all is well and look forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back. :goodvibes

Hey there:wave2:

Yep, all is well and we are just counting down now til the big day! I wish it would go faster!!!

Your daughter is obviously a beautiful young lady with a very giving heart! Please let her know I admire her greatly for that .. People who put others needs in front of their own personal wants and needs are rare and even small things like this make the world a better place I believe :) your mum is going to have an amazing trip as are you ... I've been to Disneyland twice now with my third trip coming up in Nov... And every time I am there I dream of the day I can bring my mum... Perhaps I should take a leaf out of your daughters book and see how I can save to pay for her to go next time we do... I am getting to take my sister to Walt Disney world in Nov, her first Disney and really overall theme park experience so I'm so excited about that :) but I am mainly making her pay for herself :p :)

Hello there and thanks so much for your kind words:goodvibes She really is a special girl and I feel so lucky to have her in my life!
I know we are just going to have the best time on this trip and my Mum is all kinds of excited!
Sounds like you have fun trip planned for November. I have never been to WDW but it is in the planning for 2016:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter