The Magic Kingdom keeps getting smaller

Mousekateer55

DIS Veteran
I got this information from www.mouseplanet.com
Hong Kong - A Pressler dream park

Here's the rundown for it, gathered from several sources, subject to change of course, should the locals get wind of things and stage a revolt or something:

* It will have a Main Street USA, anchored by a familiar train station on the Town Square, leading to three Lands; Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Adventureland. (Hey, lose a land, save a few bucks, right?)

* Tomorrowland consists of a Space Mountain, a Buzz Lightyear, and the Rocket Jets; plus (of course) shops and a Tomorrowland Terrace.

* The Castle is almost a direct copy of Disneyland USA's, as the size and scale the same. Fantasyland is done in the old Disneyland style, (in a much cheaper to build "medieval faire" plywood heavy theme with banners and tents) and it has a Carousel, a Winnie The Pooh dark ride (Florida version, not the more lush Tokyo one), Tea Cups, Dumbo, a 3-D show called Mickey's PhilharMagic, and a Fantasyland Train Station. (The Park train only makes two stops, Main Street and Fantasyland - save a stop, save some bucks, right?)

* Adventureland is basically now a river called "Rivers of Adventure" with an island in the middle. Jungle Cruise- sized "river boats" travel around the river in place of a large steamboat or sailing ship with some "show scenes" along the banks of the river. There is a Pocahontas' Canoe attraction that travels the same river, plus Rafts that take you over to Tarzan Island that has a version of Disneyland's rather inexpensive Tarzan's Treehouse in the middle. Adventureland also has an "Adventureland Theater" where a Lion King stage show may be produced.

And that's IT for the attractions. Makes you wonder.

This is really REALLY REALLY sad. Hopefully someone will knock a little sense into them and they'll put in more attractions. At least the classics!!

No Frontierland? I thought for sure that I heard there would be one. I thought it would include It's Tough to Be A Bug, Phantom Manor, and a Lewis and Clark ride that was supose to be in Disney's America. I thought it was interesting that the canoes are themed to Pocahontas in this park. Was it really that popular in Hong Kong (and why haven't the American parks thought of this?)

This only shows that the Disney Company is about to hit rock bottom. This park in Hong Kong will be on par with California Adventure: cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap!

:(

I sure hope that he's wrong. That's pitiful what they have there. It would only be a half day park too!

What?!? No Pirates, No Haunted Mansion, No Splash Mountain, No Small World, No Mr. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?!? How can they even call that place Disneyland!

Of course this is Al Lutz. The official website sounds a little more promising and another website I found sounded almost as good as Tokyo DisneySea.

That information above it leaving so much out. Here's the offical information:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/hong_kong.htm

Hong Kong Disneyland will have Peter Pan, a rollercoaster in Adventureland, a river rapids attraction, it's Tough to be a Bug, and Pirates of the Carribean. It sounds like this could be the best Magic Kingdom yet. I sure hope that Al Lutz will check his sources on his information before he posts it.

Disney has a history of this "small theme park" philosophy when they open a new park. In '89
when Disney- MGM opened, it was a shell of what it
is today. My parents and I went that first year and we
were back at the hotel by noon.
The Animal Kingdom also opened very small (attraction wise), 3-4 years later it still is not a full day park.
DCA is, well, to put it nicely a work in progress, although
some people think it still should be a progressing on
the drawing board.

Disney seems to have a philososphy of, build it small, charge full price, and they will come. It worked until
DCA. I hope Disney does not embarass itself again with
Disney Hong Kong.

Why the heck are they putting a park in Hong Kong anyway, when they need to be working on Animal Kingdom? I don't get it.

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

I work with a woman who spent the last two years documenting specs of MK attractions slated to go in at HKDL, and she says that BTMRR is to be included. Things always change, but considering the source, lets take it with a grain of salt and put down the pitchforks and torches (at least for a few years).

So now we're going to complain about a park that hasn't even been built?
Sheesh!!!:confused:

Surely there's enough right here in the US to whine about...
:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter