• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Magic Kingdom is STILL the Greatest Place on Earth

Riding the tea cups at night watching the lights speed by.

Riding the people over at night.

Watching my kids having fun.

100% agree with op. As much as I'm not a fan of FP+....actually I think FP+ is terrible, Disney is still the greatest place ever for a vacation. I'd also add EPCOT as a place that feels equally magical for me. That plus the PORFQ since we usually stay there. Will always love Disney. Just hope they come to their senses and bring back the old system. Why did they fix what wasn't broken????

The smells, the food, the cast members, Wishes, the music, the parades... the list goes on and on. It's just simply a feeling, not anything I can really verbalize:goodvibes

A little weird but I love it when DS6 cries on the last night of vaca as we walk down main st to the exits for the last time. It lets me know that all the planning and spur of the moment changes don't really matter. It's about the memories we just made and the sadness of leaving the magic that is Disney!

For me what gets me every time is night in Tomorrowland. The neon, the music, and liveliness of it.

The horrible and tacky jokes with the lounge music in Cosmic Rays is fantastic. The shopping at Mickey's Star Traders. The ice cream treats and car sounds from the Speedway. The dance parties. The shortcut through Tomorrowland Terrace... sometimes it's great to just grab a seat in there and relax with no one around.

I would say the one thing that I wish was in Tomorrowland (that Disneyland has) is Star Tours.

I love just taking the PeopleMover and looking out and watching the people.

By far my favorite part of WDW.

I think it's that one place almost everyone can relate to with good feelings and memories. No other place in the world has that kind of " love" and "sentiment" to so many kinds of individuals.

I completely agree. MK is my favorite place on earth. It really is a magical place. Just watch the looks on the faces of children walking through the park. That is worth the price of admission alone.

I have to disagree.

Magic Kingdom is ok, until you visit the original Disneyland which has many things which are nicer, better kept, and better value.....or you can visit a place like Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea which are by far the BEST parks in the world.

Everything there looks immaculate and brand new every single day of the year. The CM's go way above and beyond even what I've seen at WDW, and the ride technology is also much better. For example, the Pooh ride at Tokyo Disney completely blows the U.S. versions out of the water.

There are many intricate details, and the queue experiences are also much nicer.

I have to disagree.

Magic Kingdom is ok, until you visit the original Disneyland which has many things which are nicer, better kept, and better value.....or you can visit a place like Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea which are by far the BEST parks in the world.

Everything there looks immaculate and brand new every single day of the year. The CM's go way above and beyond even what I've seen at WDW, and the ride technology is also much better. For example, the Pooh ride at Tokyo Disney completely blows the U.S. versions out of the water.

There are many intricate details, and the queue experiences are also much nicer.

I dunno...a lot of us will have to settle for the shabby WDW MK as Tokyo is a little *out of the way*. I'll take your word for it, though.;)

I can't speak for DL(never been) but I have been to Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea a half a dozen times and I don't see the comparison to MK at WDW. Don't get me wrong Sea is amazing and I REALLY wish WDW would borrow some of the ideas if not the whole park(because as someone said getting from the east coast US to Tokyo is a hike). But as far as cleanliness besides the typical Japanese mentality (wear masks when your sick etc) Tokyo Disney parks never seemed any more clean to me than the Magic Kingdom.

Some excellent observations from posters.

Another one:
The night time at the Magic Kingdom is unbeatable. I think the park is made to be seen at night.

I enjoy walking through Frontier Land and Liberty Square at night. The hustle and bustle has calmed from the day. You have the old fashioned lantern lights and the old frontier music playing quietly in the background.:thumbsup2

I can't speak for DL(never been) but I have been to Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea a half a dozen times and I don't see the comparison to MK at WDW. Don't get me wrong Sea is amazing and I REALLY wish WDW would borrow some of the ideas if not the whole park(because as someone said getting from the east coast US to Tokyo is a hike). But as far as cleanliness besides the typical Japanese mentality (wear masks when your sick etc) Tokyo Disney parks never seemed any more clean to me than the Magic Kingdom.

Well part of it is due to cutting maintenance and cleaning staff at WDW, I often see lots of peeling paint, dust and cobwebs on places like along the peoplemover track, bubblegum in places and still see the same bubblegum weeks later. Cutbacks in cleaning and maintenance aren't a matter of opinion, they're fact.

Tokyo Disneyland seems to have twice as many CM's on the attractions and cleaning things as WDW does.

My favorite part is walking in to the MK with the sure knowledge that at some point during that day, something magical is going to happen...and it could be anything! It is excitement and anticipation and hope all rolled into one for me. It makes me feel like a kid again. And I love to see that same look on the faces of my husband and children too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter