The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did this cruise in 2011 and we stayed at the Renaissance Marriot, it was very close to the airport. I believe this one was sold by Marriot though. The one thing about Las Ramblas is to avoid going out at night, its nice during the day.

we went out on Las Ramblas at night in June a few times with no issues, that is when all the street performers are out and some of them are amazing. You just need to make sure you keep your money etc. where pick pockets can't get it.

we went out on Las Ramblas at night in June a few times with no issues, that is when all the street performers are out and some of them are amazing. You just need to make sure you keep your money etc. where pick pockets can't get it.

Don't go out alone at night (it's more fun in a group anyway), and keep everything safe - but the street performers and night life on Las Ramblas are amazing.

We were out and about after dark, too, in 2011. No problems for us, either. If you use a bit of common sense and an extra bit of caution, you're fine. Pickpockets and other scam artists look for easy targets, not a challenge. The upper end of Las Ramblas, near Plaza Catalunya was pretty safe. You want to avoid the other end, toward the pier, after dark. That can get a bit dodgy.

I hope Las Ramblas is OK our hotel is just off there:rotfl2:

Jet Blue have released flights from San Juan to MCO or TPA if anyone is heading that way after the cruise, just booked San Juan 12:15pm to Tampa 3:16pm at $113.50pp.
It was $164pp into MCO for similar time.

GOOD MORNIN FOLKS
Well its OFFICIAL I have canceled this cruise. I had hoped it would be my new life cruise but being I still have not had surgery yet the recoup time would not be enough for me. I have been on the transplant list for awhile now and what a roller coaster ride it is !!!!!!!!! I have not been on the boards for awhile thinking I would have to cancel but still hoping for surgery,:duck:
so I do hope to plan on this cruise maybe next year but for now no plans till after surgery then I will make them knowing I should be good to go!!!!!:scared1::cool1:

:thumbsup2

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE and remember I will be back ::yes:::cool1::banana::dance3:

SEMPER FI

garRy:firefight

So sorry to hear all of this. I wish you the best, and a speedy route to the top of the list!

On another note, remember how I was saying that the rooms were "not yet available" for the hotel I wanted? Yeah….um, no. It's been sold out for awhile due to The European Cardiology Congress. So….back to the drawing board! Seems as though everything is booked up! Ugh.

On another note, remember how I was saying that the rooms were "not yet available" for the hotel I wanted? Yeah….um, no. It's been sold out for awhile due to The European Cardiology Congress. So….back to the drawing board! Seems as though everything is booked up! Ugh.

Oh dear, cannot win... You should contact them early, no matter if not yet available?:sad2:

Also this cruise sold out too!! After find out fb that someone is trying to book it but told that it was sold out... I checked it and it confirmed but I knew there will be cancelling later anyway.

Scottishwee35

I've never had any problems visiting La Ramblas during the evening. In 2010 I would walk around the streets and alleys late in the evenings/early mornings, visit bars, etc around La Ramblas and the Barri Gotic or Old Town area. Maybe I blend in more than most tourist, I have a look that people don't want to mess with or I am just like Aladdin a riffraff, street rat, scoundrell, take that!

I hope Las Ramblas is OK our hotel is just off there:rotfl2:

Jet Blue have released flights from San Juan to MCO or TPA if anyone is heading that way after the cruise, just booked San Juan 12:15pm to Tampa 3:16pm at $113.50pp.
It was $164pp into MCO for similar time.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for this.
Do you know what is the earliest time Disney recommend booking a flight?
Also, is it true Brits cannot self-disembark in San Juan?

Carole

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for this.

Carole

Sorry, no I don't. All 6 (and 2 RCCL) of our cruises have been at Port Canaveral so SJ will be an all new experience for us.

Prices of the flights have risen already, up $50pp since Sunday, glad we booked.

Oh dear, cannot win... You should contact them early, no matter if not yet available?:sad2:

Also this cruise sold out too!! After find out fb that someone is trying to book it but told that it was sold out... I checked it and it confirmed but I knew there will be cancelling later anyway.

Scottishwee35

There is cabins showing available again.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for this.

Carole

I was told by my travel agent that 12pm was recommended by Disney, I've got a flight at 11:46 a little inside of that. I'm hoping to take my bags off myself, but I've also heard (but not had confirmed) that non-US citizens may not be able to.

Tom

Hi everybody, since DH and I have now added the 7-night Southern Caribbean cruise on to this WBTA, we will desperately need every little bit of space in our luggage. Therefore, we will probably not bring (m)any books at all and finally buy us a couple of Kindles instead. So, I am relinquishing organiation of the book exchange. Would somebody like to take over? This would mean hanging a bag for books from your stateroom door, putting all your finished books in for others to read, and let the rest of us know so everybody can do the same and we can get a book exchange going. After the cruise, any leftover books could for example be donated to the crew library. Please let me know if you are interested in taking over, and I will notify Claire to change the post on the first page accordingly :goodvibes
Are you still looking for someone to take this over? If so I'd be happy to, not sure on room # yet as we are GTY :-)

Are you still looking for someone to take this over? If so I'd be happy to, not sure on room # yet as we are GTY :-)

Sorry, didn't see your post sooner ... Yes, the book exchange is still looking for a nice person to organize it, now that I have shamelessly abandoned it! :) If you really wish to take over, that would be wonderful. I will send you a pm in a minute!

Sorry, didn't see your post sooner ... Yes, the book exchange is still looking for a nice person to organize it, now that I have shamelessly abandoned it! :) If you really wish to take over, that would be wonderful. I will send you a pm in a minute!

Well if that suits everyone? Only thing is I am likely to be on deck 2 so I equally don't mind not doing it if someone more central is preferred and wants to take it up :)

Well if that suits everyone? Only thing is I am likely to be on deck 2 so I equally don't mind not doing it if someone more central is preferred and wants to take it up
I think deck 2 is fine for the book exchange.

On one Transatlantic, the book exchange was too central, and non-DISers simply helped themselves to books without exchanging.

Woody

Are there any 'rules' about what sort of books are fit for exchange?
Just following on from the whole 'alcohol left in FEs could encourage underage drinking' I was just wondering if the same could be true of a book exchange left in the open?

Hi Mandy Girl
Just getting caught back up on this thread again.
Thank you so much!
Renee'

For those on Palo Brunch standby list, I was able to move some up from standby into a group. There had been some also wanting to change group, or add a person from standby, so by doing it in one clump I was able to accommodate several requests after we had a few cancellations reported.

It is kept updated here.

NHPixidust, disney_Leonard, Goofy Adpi, Shercara, Dgentrysim have had movement (but Goofy Adpi you are in a different group until a slot opens up in your requested group). Everyone else is still on standby list in order of request received date. Post has standby at bottom in bright pink.

Between now and May 9 Pay in Full date, I anticipate more cancellations, but will continue adding folks to the standby list who send me a PM. By doing it in a clump that helps me be able to accommodate requests better as I can move folks around into open spots. Please read that linked post in it's entirety as most questions should be answered there and is also where it is kept updated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter