The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in my planning stages right now .... but wanted to get on the boards to be part of this WBTA action that is moving FAST FAST FAST!

This will be my first WBTA and admittedly the draw is not only the newly designed MAGIC, but more so - spending time with some of the lovely people I met on EBTA 2013 - and looking forward to meeting tons more Friends of Mickey!

I am from Dallas, Texas and generally travel with my teenage daughter. I won't be able to pull her out of school for this trip. So I'll be cruising solo but love to hang out with all the fabulous people from DISboards :)

So a great big HOWDY from the Lone Star State!!

Hi,

I'm not traveling alone, but with my son (26 years now). On our first cruise i didn't saw him much. So in a way I travel solo, but on this cruise you never be alone.
Love to meet all the single travelers.

There are several of us traveling solo! So welcome to the WBTA. :welcome:

My husband and I are planning our first trip on WBTA too. We don't mind hanging out with singles if you don't mind hanging out with people from Nebraska. This will be our 2nd cruise so there are still lots of things we don't know. Promise we won't be wearing Corn Heads when we travel. Our daughter and family live in San Antonio and we will be driving through your state in a couple of weeks. Hope we get a chance to meet on board. Rich and Pam

On FB several people have been asking about trips to Montserrat. I do not know how to post pix within a post on FB, so I mentioned I would post some here.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Lovingthemouse. I can't wait to see Montserrat. :)

Finally! Flight Phoenix to Barcelona booked. Hotels in Barcelona and San Juan booked. AND all 218 pages of this board read as well as Facebook page. Just need to make arrangement in San Carlos, MX to leave the boat (our home) for a month and then we'll take the bus from San Carlos to Nogales and figure out how to get to Phoenix from there. No problem.

We are Judy and DH Michael. My birthday is August and our 39th anniversary is October so this is an in between celebration. In a separate cabin will be friends Rachel and Becky. We are GTY.

I see lots of people here from other cruises we've been on: WBTA 2010. WBPC 2011. MEX Riviera Dec 2011. and EBPC 2012. I am hoping to get on last minute to 4 night Bahamas Dec 4th but it depends if there's room and I can get out of Mexico by then. We still have our boat up in the Sea of Cortez. I would like to be gold for this cruise. My hubby thinks I'm silly but said if I must, go for it.

:yay::banana::yay::banana::yay:

Finally! Flight Phoenix to Barcelona booked. Hotels in Barcelona and San Juan booked. AND all 218 pages of this board read as well as Facebook page. Just need to make arrangement in San Carlos, MX to leave the boat (our home) for a month and then we'll take the bus from San Carlos to Nogales and figure out how to get to Phoenix from there. No problem.

We are Judy and DH Michael. My birthday is August and our 39th anniversary is October so this is an in between celebration. In a separate cabin will be friends Rachel and Becky. We are GTY.

I see lots of people here from other cruises we've been on: WBTA 2010. WBPC 2011. MEX Riviera Dec 2011. and EBPC 2012. I am hoping to get on last minute to 4 night Bahamas Dec 4th but it depends if there's room and I can get out of Mexico by then. We still have our boat up in the Sea of Cortez. I would like to be gold for this cruise. My hubby thinks I'm silly but said if I must, go for it.

:yay::banana::yay::banana::yay:

Welcome Judy and Michael. We met you briefly on the EBPC 2012. I hope your back is all recovered!

Looks like we are definitely back on board for this cruise ... hopefully with most if not all of the family along with us. I am not looking forward to booking flights for 9 people. I will be leaving that ordeal until after Christmas I think ( mainly as I still have EBTA to finish saving for ahead of this one ...being a bit greedy next year )

We just got off of the Bahamas Wonder cruise yesterday and booked this Transatlantic! We did the WBTA in 2010 and were excited to see a different itinerary! We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary next year.

We just got off of the Bahamas Wonder cruise yesterday and booked this Transatlantic! We did the WBTA in 2010 and were excited to see a different itinerary! We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary next year.

Didn't I just see this same post on the San Diego to Vancouver cruise too? ;)
We're on that one as well so we"ll get to meet you in May first!

Btw, we also did the WBTA in 2010!

Welcome aboard! The 2010 WBTA was my first Disney Cruise and my favorite. The different itinerary was the reason I jumped on this cruise as well.

I have some bad news we can't do the transatlantic next September. I can't miss the 1st 2weeks of class without being withdrawn from the class. My company is also being sold and I may lose all my time off because I will be a new employee at the new company. Hopefully you will have fun and send me pictures.
Please remove us from the tastings, fe, brunch and champagne girls.

I've been checking occasionally for a flight home after our cruise trying to use miles but nothing was popping up. Although I found that the cost of the flight home was inexpensive I wanted to try using my miles. When I checked again this morning I found a first class flight and booked it using my miles. So far first class flights booked from LAX to BCN and SJU to LAX for a total of $10.00.

I've been checking occasionally for a flight home after our cruise trying to use miles but nothing was popping up. Although I found that the cost of the flight home was inexpensive I wanted to try using my miles. When I checked again this morning I found a first class flight and booked it using my miles. So far first class flights booked from LAX to BCN and SJU to LAX for a total of $10.00.
¡Ay, caramba!:thumbsup2 I was looking also and only found two oneway trips for about $2k each (same itinerary as your's). We have booked transportation via DCL for $2k for the both of us (including to/from ports). Redeye from LAX to BCN.

¡Ay, caramba!:thumbsup2 I was looking also and only found two oneway trips for about $2k each (same itinerary as your's). We have booked transportation via DCL for $2k for the both of us (including to/from ports). Redeye from LAX to BCN.

Paying $2k for airfare would have been more than what I paid for the cruise. I'm also working on hotel arrangements at BCN and SJU with my sister who is a manager at Ritz Carlton. No guarantees until we get really closer to the actual dates which makes me a little nervous but the rates are amazing and I would be staying at the Ritz so I'm a little torn on what to do.

Paying $2k for airfare would have been more than what I paid for the cruise. I'm also working on hotel arrangements at BCN and SJU with my sister who is a manager at Ritz Carlton. No guarantees until we get really closer to the actual dates which makes me a little nervous but the rates are amazing and I would be staying at the Ritz so I'm a little torn on what to do.
$2k i about 1/2 of what I paid for the cruise (Cat 4b). We were going to get a pre-cruise tour with Adventures by Disney in Barcelona, but they are not offering it for this cruise.

I was thinking about group t-shirts for the cruise, not shuffleboard specific, sorry I wasn't more specific.

I must have missed the posting about the polos and sweatshirts for the 2014 TA. I saw them on the 2013EBTA and they were lovely.

I just thought some might like t-shirts with the group logo for the group and cruise, especially since there were no 2013 DCL TA merchandise. If not, that's ok - no problem - sorry I mentioned it.

Hello, has there been any updates about the shirts? :scratchin

So excited for you!!! That will definitely be a great way to begin and end the cruise!!!

BTW what did you think of Aulani? I'm not a fan. It's in the worst part of our island, IMO. I mean, not counting the "inner cities" with housing projects. I get that the reason it's there is due to real estate prices, but still. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter