The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I've been so busy lately I haven't been on here much. I have just finished packing and am off to Barcelona tomorrow for our Med cruise on Saturday. :)

Welcome to all new cruisers, I will update the roll call when I get back. I have a few PM's this week that I haven't replied to yet so I will also deal with those when I get back.

Take care all, catch up soon.

Have a great time and bring back plenty of pictures!!!

Hi all, I've been so busy lately I haven't been on here much. I have just finished packing and am off to Barcelona tomorrow for our Med cruise on Saturday. :)

Welcome to all new cruisers, I will update the roll call when I get back. I have a few PM's this week that I haven't replied to yet so I will also deal with those when I get back.

Take care all, catch up soon.

Have a wonderful cruise. Do have a drink in Sessions for us and check out who the piano player is please:) My favourite retreat.....

Carole

For those of you who have taken this cruise before...we are just off The Wonder 14 nt WBPC. We had just over 1700 passengers including only 181 children. Are TA passenger loads similar or is the cruise likely to near capacity? Also, school will just have started in the US.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! It's going to take awhile to get to know everyone!

When do they publish onboard activities and the like for this particular sailing? I am excited to see what will be on offer.

Found out today that my parents have booked as well and will be joining us! Now to just WAIT for 15 months to pass already!!

For those of you who have taken this cruise before...we are just off The Wonder 14 nt WBPC. We had just over 1700 passengers including only 181 children. Are TA passenger loads similar or is the cruise likely to near capacity? Also, school will just have started in the US.

We had 1700ish on our WBTA and about the same amount of kids as you did so very similar in numbers. Most kids can't miss the first week of school, or their parents don't want them to so that really cuts down on the numbers. It was strange to see so little kids around a Disney ship!

UK schools will have just started also. We didn't mind taking DS out of school at the end of a term (usually Oct) but we would never have taken him out at the start of Sept, its the start of the new school year, new classes, new teachers and new friendships so probably the worst few weeks to miss school apart from exam season.

Thanks for the info. It WAS really odd with so few kiddos. Also the crowd patterns were very different. Getting a lounger in the adult pool area was challenging. This time this cruiser will not put up with lounger saving :-). I actually confronted one woman who saved two loungers while enjoying a two hour lunch at Palo.

Getting a lounger in the adult pool area was challenging. This time this cruiser will not put up with lounger saving :-). I actually confronted one woman who saved two loungers while enjoying a two hour lunch at Palo.

Oh, details, please!!! popcorn::

Well we had been standing/sitting in chairs near Cove Cafe for a while. It was our afternoon pool time. Ended up we did that for a couple of hours. The entire time these two particular loungers were vacant but saved. The ladies returned and I approached asking if they had saved the chairs. One said yes and I saw red. I told her she knew better and it was absolutely shameful. She said a crew member said it was okay to do so. I asked her which crew member and she couldn't remember. Uh huh. I seriously doubt any crew would sanction that. I told her that if it happened again she could find her belongings at guest services as per the Navigator. Sooooo frustrating.

I've learned to just ignore those saved things. I was at a local event with very limited seating and this woman had saved three tables for her group. My family and I finally just sat down there to eat our meals and by the time we had finished (including dessert) her group had still not arrived (and I was there for nearly an hour before we sat down)

Well we had been standing/sitting in chairs near Cove Cafe for a while. It was our afternoon pool time. Ended up we did that for a couple of hours. The entire time these two particular loungers were vacant but saved. The ladies returned and I approached asking if they had saved the chairs. One said yes and I saw red. I told her she knew better and it was absolutely shameful. She said a crew member said it was okay to do so. I asked her which crew member and she couldn't remember. Uh huh. I seriously doubt any crew would sanction that. I told her that if it happened again she could find her belongings at guest services as per the Navigator. Sooooo frustrating.

Good for you! I've heard people can get seriously ugly when their stuff gets moved, even if they've been away a ridiculously long time. I don't sunbathe (family history of skin cancer, and I'm very fair) so I stick with the Deck 4 chairs, though a chair in the shade by the Cove Cafe would be nice once in a while.

I've learned to just ignore those saved things. I was at a local event with very limited seating and this woman had saved three tables for her group. My family and I finally just sat down there to eat our meals and by the time we had finished (including dessert) her group had still not arrived (and I was there for nearly an hour before we sat down)

Honestly, people are so rude. She probably figured your family should just stand and eat, and too bad for you. I really wonder what makes people think they're so special.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! It's going to take awhile to get to know everyone!

When do they publish onboard activities and the like for this particular sailing? I am excited to see what will be on offer.

Found out today that my parents have booked as well and will be joining us! Now to just WAIT for 15 months to pass already!!

Most of the activities are pretty standard on Disney ships, but on 14 night cruises they offer some extra things like ship building contests and, scavenger hunts, there have also been whodunnit mystery activities. I'd love for recent EBTA's to tell us what activities were on their cruise. Here is a link to some previous cruise Navigators (ship's daily paper). There is a pdf of the 2011 WBTA that you can scan through. If you see an activity that isn't self explanatory, come back and ask us, there are plenty of people willing to help.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

How fun for you to have grandparents along, they can be helpful when you want some alone time, or in attending the adult areas at night :thumbsup2 as well as just enjoying their company of course ;)

Pat, I also have to stay out of the sun (mostly from medication) and deck 4 is our favorite hang out. Do you and Dennis play shuffle board? We have done 7 cruises and still haven't played, as no one is around to play with, and we have no idea how to play.

Pat, I also have to stay out of the sun (mostly from medication) and deck 4 is our favorite hang out. Do you and Dennis play shuffle board? We have done 7 cruises and still haven't played, as no one is around to play with, and we have no idea how to play.

I'm a native Floridian, of course I know how to play shuffle board! Okay, I used to know how to play. I'll look up the rules between now and the cruise and we'll play a few games onboard.

For Dog Lover...

Scottishwee35
This reminds me our our beloved "Bulova" (as in watch dog ;)), a rescued black-lab mix we had for 14 yrs. when our daughter was growing up. Greatest dog ever. Thanks for the memory...beautiful!

Hey guys -
I just booked the EBPC in Sept as a bday gift to my mom. We are very excited but I hope this doesn't mean I will have to cancel this one!!! I'm keeping this one booked for now but we'll see if we can afford this by the tine I finish paying for EBPC! Personally I would prefer the WBTA if it ends up we can only do one, but I know my Mom had a dream of doing a PC cruise. She turns 80 in August so wanted to do something big for her...

Anyone out there who has done both and would like to share which one they preferred?
We've done both, but I'm having a hard time deciding which to recommend more. The PC was amazing and probably more interesting, in that you traverse the canal and hit S. America. However, the TA gives you the European experience plus the Caribbean (like two different cruises in one). Since Mom is 80 and has dreamed of this cruise, I'd do the EBPC and enjoy every single minute. I took my mom (73) on the EBPC this past Dec. (and on 2011 WBTA); we're doing an Alaskan in Sept. because she really wants to (but on another line). Life is too short not to enjoy as much as possible. You may still be able to do the WBTA...I have found the money always comes from somewhere, so I book, then worry about payments later :goodvibes.

WELCOME to all the new folks! Happy to have you part of our group :wave2:. I've been neglecting the Dis but keeping up on FB; DH reads the Dis daily. Too much to do, too little time. We just got back from a trip to see DD in TX and are now focussed on the Alaskan cruise, but this one is always in the back of my mind ::yes::.

We've done both, but I'm having a hard time deciding which to recommend more. The PC was amazing and probably more interesting, in that you traverse the canal and hit S. America. However, the TA gives you the European experience plus the Caribbean (like two different cruises in one). Since Mom is 80 and has dreamed of this cruise, I'd do the EBPC and enjoy every single minute. I took my mom (73) on the EBPC this past Dec. (and on 2011 WBTA); we're doing an Alaskan in Sept. because she really wants to (but on another line). Life is too short not to enjoy as much as possible. You may still be able to do the WBTA...I have found the money always comes from somewhere, so I book, then worry about payments later :goodvibes.

We've also done both and agree it is hard to choose.. Can't even flip a coin on cost as they both end up being about the same cost. TAs are cheaper cruise wise but more expense flight wise. PCs are more expensive cruises but airfare is cheap since it is all US based. Guess it comes down to Ports and if one has been to Europe yet.

Luckily, we don't have to choose next year.. We are doing the WBPC in May and this WBTA in Sep... :cool1: (Makes up for no cruises this year)..

Good for you! I've heard people can get seriously ugly when their stuff gets moved, even if they've been away a ridiculously long time. I don't sunbathe (family history of skin cancer, and I'm very fair) so I stick with the Deck 4 chairs, though a chair in the shade by the Cove Cafe would be nice once in a while.

I don't like to sit in the sun either .... usually find a shady spot on Deck 9 or 10. I will sit in the sun only before 10am or after 5pm. Same reason as you Pat. :worried:

I played shuffleboard for the first time on WBTA 11 ... I am usually rubbish at anything which requires co-ordination, but we played just after the mixology class and I won !!! :lmao:

We had 1700ish on our WBTA and about the same amount of kids as you did so very similar in numbers. Most kids can't miss the first week of school, or their parents don't want them to so that really cuts down on the numbers. It was strange to see so little kids around a Disney ship!

UK schools will have just started also. We didn't mind taking DS out of school at the end of a term (usually Oct) but we would never have taken him out at the start of Sept, its the start of the new school year, new classes, new teachers and new friendships so probably the worst few weeks to miss school apart from exam season.

I'm not sure what the exact numbers were on our just-completed EBTA, but there seemed to be a fair amount of kids. We are okay with taking the boys out of school, although I don't think their school is as thrilled. I'm sure they'll keep taking my money though!

Luckily they have multi-age classrooms, so they will be very well-acquainted with their teachers. I think many families choose to home school their kids and then reenroll in regular school after the trip.

Luckily they have multi-age classrooms, so they will be very well-acquainted with their teachers. I think many families choose to home school their kids and then reenroll in regular school after the trip.

We have totally different schooling systems, the first 2 weeks of Sept term are very important weeks in the UK system, I am sure some will miss though as vacation prices can be upto half the cost compared to August.
Some areas now charge upto £120 fine for term time absence, although its almost always cheaper to pay any fine and take cheaper vacations.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter