The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Ken, exactly! On the PA/Nj border, last exit on 78 in NJ.

You sailed on the Magic out of NYC this past summer? Did you walk to the ship, lol?

So, please, please, please don't be offended if we don't link dining reservations or forget to show up at a meet.

Jodie, that's my cue as you are taking the words right out of my mouth! I just said pretty much the same on FB, just wanted to repeat here: We also always request a table for just the two of us for dinner (unless we are traveling with a group of friends). I love to chat at dinner, but DH is very much the quiet type, and speaking English becomes more stressful for him late in the day when he is tired.

So we will try and be seated with the rest of you on late dining, on the same rotation and in the same area, but still request a table for two. Please don't take that amiss, and if you happen by, please do stop for a chat if you feel like it! :flower3:

Annika and Chris will attest that we missed a DIS meet because we were having too much fun drinking at Signals.

Yes, I can attest to that - it really was fun! I promise to be better next time - as in, definitely still enjoy drinking at Signals, but also make it to the meet. If you like, we can try and drag you with us to the DIS meet, drink in hand! :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone! :) trying hard to keep up rotate but it's a very stressful time at home as we have problems with my daughter at the moment. :(
I hope everything will be alright!

Good morning everyone! :) trying hard to keep up rotate but it's a very stressful time at home as we have problems with my daughter at the moment. :(

Sorry to hear you are having problems :grouphug:

For those who don't know us, we are Mike & Jodie, collectively known as Modie. Like Brangelina minus $180 million minus 9 inches of height plus 100 pounds and minus something named a Shiloh. Plus we're only famous in our own heads.

You guys do make me giggle :rotfl2::rotfl2: I have a feeling we may just bump into you occasionally at the bar :thumbsup2

Yes, Ken, exactly! On the PA/Nj border, last exit on 78 in NJ.

You sailed on the Magic out of NYC this past summer? Did you walk to the ship, lol?

Not quite:thumbsup2

We had arrangements at the pier, and left home about 10 AM. It was a Friday morning, and you never know about traffic. Even though mileage is less via the Lincoln Tunnel, I opt for the GW Bridge - more "alternate" routes, and then you avoid NYC surface streets, with the added bonus of spotting "our" MAGIC as we come south on the West Side Highway. Lucky day, clear roads, and we were parked and awaiting check-in to open by 10:35. They opened by 11, and we were onboard, seated at the very stern outside in Cabanas just before noon:banana:

I have been boating in and around NY harbor my entire life. I have seen the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline from my own boat, boats I've captained, cruise ships, airliners, private planes, and helicopters.
IT NEVER GETS OLD !
Debbie told everyone "Ken just had to see it with the Mouse". And we did, and it was great - I was on deck by 5 at the end of the two-day to "nowhere", just after we passed under the Verazzano-Narrows Bridge. Now, (pay attention, DCL), we're waiting for the 2015 itineraries :surfweb:to bring a ship back to NYC, and include Bermuda as a port:hourglass

We head out your way occasionally, but more often get off 78 to take 202 into PA towards Bucks County to meet up with our Philly friends that we met on the 2010 EBTA. Plenty of wineries and nice restaurants and B&B's that way. You certainly live in a beautiful part of the state - it's what we tell others about when all they think of NJ is what they see by Newark Airport:sad1: Then again, if I show someone a photo of my boat in The Bronx, no one believes it's in NYC, either:thumbsup2

Hi Ken - we are almost neighbors -- Hawthorne, NJ represented here - B-I-L lives in Wayne - small world! :-) :wave2:

Hi, Sherri! Yep, right around the corner. I know folks down the street from the Front Porch. And, as a beer drinker, I know the Front Porch:rotfl2:

and seeing your avatar, I see we have a predilection for villains!

and a check of your sig - when's your anniversary? We celebrated our 30th (October 8th) on the MAGIC in '07

Just booked the WBTA 2014. Very excited to be on this cruise! Please add us to the roll call:

Chipmunklove
Jennifer and Dale Anderson
Stateroom #7627

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time!

As some of you saw on Facebook yesterday, I managed to talk my husband into this cruise. My sister Vickie and I were on the 2011 WBTA and had a blast with a lot of you. Claire, please add us to roll call. Sue, Paul and Vickie. Cabin # 6624. It's a long way off but very excited nonetheless to see all of you again.

So glad you are onboard Sue & Vickie, will be fab to see you both again & meet Paul. :cool1:

I've added you to the roll call. :thumbsup2

Just booked the WBTA 2014. Very excited to be on this cruise! Please add us to the roll call:

Chipmunklove
Stateroom #7627

Welcome aboard Jennifer & Dale.

I have added you to the roll call on the first page. :thumbsup2

Chipmunklove
Stateroom #7627

Welcome! aboard, and to deck 7:thumbsup2

As some of you saw on Facebook yesterday, I managed to talk my husband into this cruise. My sister Vickie and I were on the 2011 WBTA and had a blast with a lot of you. Claire, please add us to roll call. Sue, Paul and Vickie. Cabin # 6624. It's a long way off but very excited nonetheless to see all of you again.

Welcome Sue, Paul and Vickie!
Remember you both from 2011:) - and Mike says thank goodness for another man!

Carole, Mike and Jenny

Evelyn, I'm so glad to hear that you liked it!! We made a special trip to World of Disney to pick it out. But I must confess, your daughter (Mrs. D or Mom D? Something like that) gave me some tips. ;) I sent her a message asking what you'd like and she told me how you love bling!

Glad to be cruising with you again! :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

My daughter is Mrs. D on the board. She just ran the Princess Half Marathon at WDW yesterday. I am so proud of her, she did an awesome job. :cheer2::cheer2: But she sure knows me and directed you correctly. :rotfl::rotfl:

Hi Liz. I know, that screws everyone up. Alex and Vanessa are our cats. Or, Nessa was. Bless her sweet heart, she died in 2007. :worried: Now we have Savannah. :)

Ah, now it is all making sense! :goodvibes

So we will try and be seated with the rest of you on late dining, on the same rotation and in the same area, but still request a table for two. Please don't take that amiss, and if you happen by, please do stop for a chat if you feel like it! :flower3:

We also request a table for 2. I love chatting with everyone but sometimes you need a quieter night.

Chipmunklove
Stateroom #7627

Welcome!!

My daughter is Mrs. D on the board. She just ran the Princess Half Marathon at WDW yesterday. I am so proud of her, she did an awesome job. :cheer2::cheer2: But she sure knows me and directed you correctly. :rotfl::rotfl:

Okay! So I wasn't so far off with the screenname! I had about 5 friends run the princess half - it looked like a blast, but I'm no runner......unless its for a Fastpass for Soarin' or Toy Story Mania!

Hi, Sherri! Yep, right around the corner. I know folks down the street from the Front Porch. And, as a beer drinker, I know the Front Porch:rotfl2:

and seeing your avatar, I see we have a predilection for villains!

and a check of your sig - when's your anniversary? We celebrated our 30th (October 8th) on the MAGIC in '07

VERY SMALL WORLD Ken!! I can walk to the Front Porch from my house - we live around the corner closer to St. Anthony's -- I pass the FP every day on the way to and from work! I've lived in Hawthorne my whole life - I may know your friends! LOL!!

YES - I love the villains - and looking forward to a Villain theme night on this cruise! (well the whole cruise actually!!)

Our Anniversary is Oct 16th -so we were on the WONDER for the actual 30th Celebration on a 14night to Hawaii and are spoiled now for any cruises that last for 14 nights!!! We did sail 11 nights the Magic in the Med on 07/07/07 as an early 25th Anniv. celebration, as well as our oldest son's high school graduation trip! No better place to celebrate than on a Disney Cruise!

Are you on the facebook group? Friend me if you are!
~ Sherri

Congratulations and welcome to all of our new cruisers!!!

....They look awesome!!!!!! I could eat one of those right now......did you find a way of mailing them to the UK? :lmao:

The Kahlua frosting is pretty much the same as an Ameretto one I made a while back, unfortunately the recipe made a little too much so I had to eat it from the bowl with a spoon. ;) ....

Oh darn. Such a shame to get that spoon out! ;) Amaretto sounds delightful as well!!!

I haven't come up with a solution just yet. In the meantime, I can post pictures. Even if I could get the scratch-and-sniff function to work, that would be good and calorie-free!

Hi everyone - I know we are supposed to introduce ourselves but I've been resisting because well....I'm so boring.

My name is Holly and I'll be 61 at the time of this cruise. This really is my dream cruise, and the one I've been waiting for. (and not very patiently I might add) ....

I certainly don't think you sound boring! You have passions and dreams! There's a lot said for that!

Thanks Kimberly! It is really sweet of you to help me out. I will definitely use this recipe. Question: Do you think I should double or triple the recipe to ice a 2 layer cake? 4 tbsp of butter doesn't seem like a lot, I feel like I usually use around 1 cup.
Also, what are your thoughts on using a lemon curd for the filling? Do you think it would be too much?.....

Oh my! You're adding curd?! Can I come, please?!!!!

Oh yes. I would double the recipe even if you plan to use the lemon curd between the layers. You may already know this trick, but I'll mention that there's a secret to keeping the curd from oozing out the sides of the layers, which is a mess when you're trying to frost the cake. On the top of the bottom layer, just put a ring of buttercream around the outer edge. That will keep the curd contained and in your control.

Let us know how your get together goes, and moreover, what a hit your yummy cake becomes with your friends!

I sometimes forget that I live in such a beautiful place......our winter is beautiful, cold, but beautiful. We do awesome light shows in the winter:)

I didn't know the Falls had winter light shows! I would love to see that!

...On our 2010 WBTA, someone developed an awesome website where we could upload our pics, put our names, ages, stateroom, dis names, which dinner seating we had ... I loved it! is anyone savvy enough to do something like that again? Made it so easy for a scatterbrain like me to keep everything straight!

I also loved what Glenn did for us, but I do understand if it's too much to take on. It really is a commitment and takes up time to develop a friendly, functional, and useful site as well as maintain it. So in all seriousness, Buckeye Goofy Glenn, no pressure.

Awe. I'm sorry you are all going through a difficult time. It's tough to see your children facing challenges. It's stressful for everyone. :hug:

VERY SMALL WORLD Ken!! I can walk to the Front Porch from my house - we live around the corner closer to St. Anthony's -- I pass the FP every day on the way to and from work! I've lived in Hawthorne my whole life - I may know your friends! LOL!!....

I love hearing "it's a small world" stories!

Further Clarification on Linked Dining

Linked Dining!

Do you want to sit with other Dis'ers at Dinner?
Well if you do let me know the following via PM:

Booking Number
Main Name on Booking (Real Name)
Main or Late*
Special Requests
Closer to the date i will group us in groups of 6-10 and let DCL know that we are all travelling as a group.
If you already know who you'd like to sit with, please let me know in your message.
I will start posting who has requested what seating a we get closer.

Just realized my daughter will be a sophomore in high school when DH and I go on the cruise. Wow does time fly? Can't decide if I am sad I will be away from her for those two weeks or happy I will be away from teenage drama for two weeks. Probably both!! Nothing a few drinks of the day can't take care of!!

Just realized my daughter will be a sophomore in high school when DH and I go on the cruise. Wow does time fly? Can't decide if I am sad I will be away from her for those two weeks or happy I will be away from teenage drama for two weeks. Probably both!! Nothing a few drinks of the day can't take care of!!

Drink of the day always helps...she will be fine and in good hands. We are going to have a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter