The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MedicGoofy said:
I guess I will introduce myself now, I'm not frequently on the DIS posting (I have log in issues:confused3) but will let you all know who I am.

Hi:goodvibes I'm Jenn. I'm going to be celebrating my 35th birthday on board for this cruise, and I couldn't be happier:cool1: I live in Niagara Falls, Canada.....have spent my whole life here.

Jenn:goodvibes

Hi Jenn!!! I'm going to be celebrating my 35th birthday on the cruise too!!! My DH is going to celebrating his 36th. We both have the same birthday...September 9th! What day is yours?

Ironically, I'm from Buffalo!!! Love Niagara Falls! We live in NC now.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi everyone - I know we are supposed to introduce ourselves but I've been resisting because well....I'm so boring.

My name is Holly and I'll be 61 at the time of this cruise. This really is my dream cruise, and the one I've been waiting for. (and not very patiently I might add)

Some of you may recall my discussing ASL previously on this thread. I am not deaf, but I am steadily losing hearing because of Meniere's Disease. Most of you will never have heard of this. It's an ear disorder that results in vertigo, drop attacks, and hearing loss. I had surgery (basically brain surgery) two years ago to stop the drop attacks and vertigo. They did find out I had a brain in there at least. Didn't say it works.... :rolleyes1

I'm doing much better although I do have some balance issues, so if you see me walking crookedly I have an excuse I can readily use. :rotfl2:

Anyway, enough of that. I love cruising. It's the best vacation in my book. I am excited to see new places and sail again on the Magic as she is the first ship I ever sailed on. I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi Holly, I also have Meniere's Disease. I've been lucky in recent years as I have had very few episodes although the tinnitus is always there. Poor you, yours sounds really bad. :(

Okay, I guess I've held out long enough.

We are Liz (me) and Joe (husband.) Ages 34 and 46 respectively. We've been together for ages but married for just about 8 years now. We live in Sarasota, Florida - on the Gulf of Mexico side of the state, but we are originally from Virginia Beach, VA and Houston, TX.

We are long-time cruisers and love to travel. Our first cruise was back in 1999 - and we've cruised many lines and still do, but Disney is a special experience. This will be our 6th Disney cruise - one EBTA, one WBTA, 2 on the Dream and one PC (this May.)

I've been to Disneyworld since I was 6 or 7, but Joe & I first went together to Disneyland CA in 2004 or so and we had a grand time. Fast forward to 2008 when we moved to Florida and now we are annual passholders and go whenever we can.

Together we own an online consulting business for bars & restaurants and I'm an Independent Consultant for Arbonne International, which is quite fun because I can never get enough skincare/cosmetics products ;) I do a lot of volunteer work with the Junior League and the Make-a-Wish foundation.

We have one dog, a 10-year-old 74lb foxhound named Lucky, who is our pride and joy. I love beautiful shoes, cooking/baking, Pure Barre (helps with all of the eating that comes from cooking/baking!), dining out, going to the beach, sharing Arbonne, walking my dog, and all things girly.

When I was just reading all the latest round of introduction posts with people posting the age I had a realization. When we booked the cruise I was 39 years old now, but by the time the cruise comes around I'll hit 41.:goodvibes

Jon

Hi Jon

My name is Richard and DW Sue - she writes for the DIS normally but I was the one to start it so it's my handle 'Babydiver' although I have been diving for over 40 years. I asked earlier on in the thread if anyone was going to be doing a diving package at any of the islands and so far have had one response. On the WBTA 2011 there were quite a few of us on board.

So will you be diving on any of the islands?

Regards Richard

Richard,

I generally don't end up diving while on vacation. Since my DW isn't allowed to dive we stick to snorkel tours while away. Besides, the water is just to warm for me:goodvibes. I enjoy the cold water dives we have. I will be heading to Ottawa this week for annual sub-ice diving with the team.
Thanks for the heads up though,
Jon

Here's our introduction. Afraid I am not as clever a writer as some of have been but here we are.
I go by Jen or Jennifer (63 at time of cruise, yikes where does the time go?!) and my DH Marc (62 at time of cruise, yes, I married a younger man:thumbsup2). We will have been married 33 years.I am a retired marriage and family therapist and Marc owns his own management consulting company. Our 2 daughters are grown and since mom and dad aren't footing the bill they won't be on this cruise. Boy, are they unhappy:rotfl2:

We now live in NC and love it here. I have lived in 5 states and Marc 4 but I think we have found home.

We both love Disney. Marc started going to Disneyland in 1960 and my first trip was in 1967. Too many trips to count. As a family we have been mostly to WDW and are able to make at least one trip a year now. Our first cruise was on the Magic EBTA 2010 (nothing like testing out cruising with 14 days, :rotfl2:) We fell in love and have since done 3 other Disney cruises. Our 5th cruise will be the Fantasy NYE this Dec. We will be Gold for WBTA!:cheer2:

We made dear friends on the EBTA who we have cruised with since and are excited they are also on this cruise.

The hardest thing about this cruise will be leaving our 2 "babies". golden retrievers who will be 2 at the time.

Look forward to meeting new friends and being on the sea with Mickey!:cheer2:

Hey fellow North Carolinian!!! We are also from NC.....just outside of Raleigh.
Glad to have you join us on the WBTA! :welcome:

They definitely make tables bigger than 10, since our group alone was that large. We are 13 this year and I'm sure will be at one table (actually 2-3 tables pushed together, bu you know what I mean). On EBTA we had some tables that were easily 18-20 too.

good to know..Thanks

Hi Jenn!!! I'm going to be celebrating my 35th birthday on the cruise too!!! My DH is going to celebrating his 36th. We both have the same birthday...September 9th! What day is yours?

Ironically, I'm from Buffalo!!! Love Niagara Falls! We live in NC now.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Small world:) We should have a birthday celebration:yay: My birthday is one month after yours, October 9th. I am celebrating a little early. This was my gift to myself:thumbsup2

Wow.....we were so close:):)

Will be great to meet!!!

You really don't imagine that people actually live in such amazing locations .... your home is on my bucket list .... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I sometimes forget that I live in such a beautiful place......then the summer hits, and we have tons of tourists. It is a wonderful place to visit in the summer, when you don't mind getting sprayed from the mist from the falls.

As well, our winter is beautiful, cold, but beautiful. We do awesome light shows in the winter:)

I sometimes forget that I live in such a beautiful place......then the summer hits, and we have tons of tourists. It is a wonderful place to visit in the summer, when you don't mind getting sprayed from the mist from the falls.

As well, our winter is beautiful, cold, but beautiful. We do awesome light shows in the winter:)

I agree. We easily forget what we have near us. We played tourists when our dear friends Bob and Lyn :-)wave2:) came to visit us. Did many of the things we would never have done normally. The last time we saw them was the WBTA 2010. This will be a reunion cruise :cool1:.

Jon

Hi Everyone!

We are Sandy (yogitxtx) and Husband Tom. At time of sailing, we will both be 72!!! Will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary a few months early-Dec 26. We live near Dallas,Texas.

We are the parents of 5 sons and grandparents of 10 grandchildren.

We've been DVC members since 1991. Our favorite ship is the Magic--we were on her maiden voyage in 1998. The WBTA (our 3rd) will be my 19th DCL cruise, unless I decide I need more before the WBTA. Tom doesn't always cruise with me, as he can't always get off work. He's an attorney.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Hi everyone we are booked on this cruise :cool1:

We are DW Katty, Liliam (21 @cruise) and me Manny. Stateroom 6141

It will take me a while to catch up, lots of material to read here :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!

We are Sandy (yogitxtx) and Husband Tom. At time of sailing, we will both be 72!!! Will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary a few months early-Dec 26. We live near Dallas,Texas.

We are the parents of 5 sons and grandparents of 10 grandchildren.

We've been DVC members since 1991. Our favorite ship is the Magic--we were on her maiden voyage in 1998. The WBTA (our 3rd) will be my 19th DCL cruise, unless I decide I need more before the WBTA. Tom doesn't always cruise with me, as he can't always get off work. He's an attorney.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Nice to "meet you!

Hi everyone we are booked on this cruise :cool1:

We are DW Katty, Liliam (21 @cruise) and me Manny. Stateroom 6141

It will take me a while to catch up, lots of material to read here :goodvibes

Welcome onboard!

FLY4FREE: I just realized it was you! Evelyn, you were my Secret Mickey recipient onboard the TA a few years ago. I gave you a sparkly Mickey brooch. I hope you liked it!

I received a fantastic snowglobe of Mickey in the UK. I'm not sure who my Secret Mickey was, but if it was any of the brits on this board, know that I really liked my gift! :goodvibes

My turn.

I'm Kristi (45). I chose "bound2travel" as my username as I am BOUND 2 TRAVEL somewhere :goodvibes On FB, I am listed under KD Taylor - made up name from when I actually played games on FB. As I didn't know how groups worked on FB, I didn't want to use my actual account - sorry for any confusion.

I have been a librarian for close to 22 years (schools and public) - as much as it would seem.... it is not always a nice quiet place to work as we get some real "interesting" people a little too often. I've lived in Florida all my life except for my 7 years exile in Tennessee (Chattanooga) ;). My family has been in FL since the late 1800's. My first cruise I booked with DCL was the 2010 EBTA, but my first actual cruise was a 3 day in February 2009 as I thought it would be a good idea to find out if I liked cruising first. :goodvibes I turned gold on my last cruise - yay me! I'm really excited for the WBTA so it makes it hard to wait until next year.

This cruise I will be bringing a friend. Jolie (72) has never cruised before. She is really excited just being able to get over to Europe. We met as co-workers when I was in TN. She is a retired school teacher. Along with being my friend, she is a surrogate sister/aunt/parental figure as well. She thinks of me as a daughter. She does want to go to Dublin, London and Paris before getting to Barcelona - all in 6 days before the cruise. She said we could rest on the cruise - LOL.

One cool thing is that we will be 47 and 74 when we cruise. Well... I think that's cool.

Anyway.... that's my intro

I was thinking.... maybe those of us in FL and anyone else for that matter could manage a meet and greet at Disney next year. I know it's a little early for planning it, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Kristi

I was thinking.... maybe those of us in FL and anyone else for that matter could manage a meet and greet at Disney next year. I know it's a little early for planning it, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Kristi

With the way this group works it is never to early to plan :thumbsup2
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter